FL - Man accused of sex with baby (mother allegedly participated)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh & she was likely in a mental health facility prior to her arrest hence the delay.
I found this out as the location of her arrest was "1700 Education Ave" which in Port Charlotte is home to Charlotte Behavioral Healthcare!

NOW I ask:Was she admitted PRIOR to HIS arrest or AFTER?
If prior did SHE report what had gone done to the Doctors & they told LE(per the law)?
Was it a voluntary admission? OR did he get caught in an "internet sting" & his arrest tipped her off so she admitted herself AFTER to set up her defense???

Her name was released in this artice!

Port Charlotte mother arrested in child sex case involving 18-month-old daughter
October 22, 2009
<snipped>
Charlotte County Sheriff&#8217;s Major Crimes detectives late this afternoon arrested Melissa Ann Bailey, 26, 20133 Helms Way, Port Charlotte, in connection with a child sex investigation involving her 18-month-old daughter and her boyfriend. According to Charlotte County Sheriff&#8217;s Spokesman Bob Carpenter:
Bailey is charged with capital sex battery on an 18-month-old baby girl; capital sex battery-principle, lewd & lascivious molestation under 12 years old; possession of child *advertiser censored*, use of a child in sexual performance, lewd exhibition, lewd or lascivious conduct.

Carpenter said the detective&#8217;s investigation led to obtaining a search warrant for Bailey&#8217;s home and confiscating her computer and other items. That investigation led to getting search warrants for the home and office of Glenn M. Nelson, 59, 28200 Bermont Rd., Punta Gorda; a total of six computers were confiscated. CCSO Computer Crimes detectives found child *advertiser censored* images, chat files between Bailey and Nelson discussing having sex with her baby via webcam, and other images.

Article:
http://www.news-press.com/article/20091022/SS08/91022043/1075

:angel:

Ok I just found her mugshot........it IS up on the Sheriff's site.
Not sure what I can or cant link but if you want to see her(she seems to be smirking in her mug shot) youd use the MAB full name & put into the Charlotte County Florida Sheriffs site youd find it.........wish the media would release it.......she needs to be named & shamed,imo.

I tried and couldn't.

ETA: Did find it under "date confined" though.

ETA2: There's a face you'd like to smack the heck out of.

WhyaDuck? I see you did the same as me used our friendly google to search her name. Great minds thinking alike! :wink:

We can post her name now that it has been released!

They both make me sick to my stomach with disgust, anger....Oh how I'd like to have just 15 minutes with Melissa Ann Bailey.

I tried and couldn't.

ETA: Did find it under "date confined" though.

ETA2: There's a face you'd like to smack the heck out of.
I tried using her name & it didnt come up for me either so I did the date & got it.
It IS now coming up under her name though & yes Id love to smack her!
Why do the perps of usually heinous crimes smirk & grin??? WTF is so funny??:furious:

Her name was released in this artice!

Port Charlotte mother arrested in child sex case involving 18-month-old daughter
October 22, 2009
<snipped>
Charlotte County Sheriff’s Major Crimes detectives late this afternoon arrested Melissa Ann Bailey, 26, 20133 Helms Way, Port Charlotte, in connection with a child sex investigation involving her 18-month-old daughter and her boyfriend. According to Charlotte County Sheriff’s Spokesman Bob Carpenter:
Bailey is charged with capital sex battery on an 18-month-old baby girl; capital sex battery-principle, lewd & lascivious molestation under 12 years old; possession of child *advertiser censored*, use of a child in sexual performance, lewd exhibition, lewd or lascivious conduct.

Carpenter said the detective’s investigation led to obtaining a search warrant for Bailey’s home and confiscating her computer and other items. That investigation led to getting search warrants for the home and office of Glenn M. Nelson, 59, 28200 Bermont Rd., Punta Gorda; a total of six computers were confiscated. CCSO Computer Crimes detectives found child *advertiser censored* images, chat files between Bailey and Nelson discussing having sex with her baby via webcam, and other images.

Article:
http://www.news-press.com/article/20091022/SS08/91022043/1075

Id still love to know WHAT tipped off the investigation! A tip?A sting?
I also am curious as to WHEN the female (MELISSA ANN BAILEY)was admitted to Charlotte Behavioral Health!!!!!!!!!!!

An arrest means only that a law enforcement officer attests there is probable cause to reasonably believe that a crime has been committed. An arrestee is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Week of October 19, 2009 - October 25, 2009
<snipped>
Charlotte County Sheriff&#8217;s Major Crimes detectives late Thursday afternoon, Oct. 22, 2009, arrested Melissa Ann Bailey, 26, 20133 Helms Way, Port Charlotte, in connection with a child sex investigation involving her 18-month-old daughter and her boyfriend.

Bailey is charged with Capital Sex Battery on her 18-month-old baby girl; Capital Sex Battery-Principle, Lewd & Lascivious Molestation Under 12 Years Old; Possession of Child *advertiser censored* (2 videos), Use of a Child in Sexual Performance, Lewd Exhibition, Lewd or Lascivious Conduct,

The detective&#8217;s investigation led to obtaining a search warrant for Bailey&#8217;s home and confiscating her computer and other items. That investigation led to getting search warrants for the home and office of Glenn M. Nelson, 59, 28200 Bermont Rd., Punta Gorda; a total of six computers were confiscated. CCSO Computer Crimes detectives found child *advertiser censored* images, chat files between Bailey and Nelson discussing having sex with her baby via webcam, and other images.

Nelson was arrested Tuesday (See Thursday's Local News) and was charged with Capital Sexual Battery on an 18-month-old baby girl, Lewd & Lascivious Molestation on a Child Under 12 Years Old, and 20 felony counts of Possession of Child *advertiser censored* by Sex Performance by a Child. Nelson remains at the Charlotte County Jail on no bond.

MCU detectives said this is an active, ongoing investigation and will take time to download all of the images in the seven computers; more charges may to be filed.

Mug%20shot%20--%20Melissa%20Bailey.jpg

Article
http://www.newsmanatee.com/pages/local.html

ETA: This was added to Glenn's police report in the same link above:

LATE UPDATE: Charlotte County Sheriff&#8217;s Major Crimes detectives filed 20 additional charges late Wednesday afternoon on Glenn M. Nelson at his County Jail cell in connection with sex charges on an 18-month old girl. The CCSO Computer Crimes detective located the additional photos in Nelson&#8217;s computer and he is now charged with 20 counts of Possession of Child *advertiser censored* by Sex Performance by a Child.

OMG look at the other arrest cases in this link! :furious:
I wish my grandkids were here so that I could hug them right now & never let them out of my sight.

Im glad her name is out there & theres her picture.Im now waiting for a lawyer to bring out the "crazy"defense & how she was in the thrall of her older,abusive boyfriend blah,blah,blah!

Oh & she was likely in a mental health facility prior to her arrest hence the delay.
I found this out as the location of her arrest was "1700 Education Ave" which in Port Charlotte is home to Charlotte Behavioral Healthcare!

NOW I ask:Was she admitted PRIOR to HIS arrest or AFTER?
If prior did SHE report what had gone done to the Doctors & they told LE(per the law)?
Was it a voluntary admission? OR did he get caught in an "internet sting" & his arrest tipped her off so she admitted herself AFTER to set up her defense???

When they arrested him, they talked about charges would probably be placed against the mother. But they wouldn't say why they weren't already charging her. I am guessing that when they arrested him, she probably either made a suicide threat or gesture/attempt and that is probably why she ended up in the center. I also read somewhere that they had a problem with her in the jail, so it may have been during her questioning.

Holy Carp! I thought after I saw his mug shot that she would be some old, used up thing that that was all she could get for a boyfriend and willingly sacrificed her baby for him. Well, she is not that old, and her face isn't that ugly. She couldn't even find a pervert her own age???? Not that it matters, he wasn't doing her anyway, right, what does she care.

What is the motivation for these *women*? Can they not see that someone they carried for 9 months is worth protecting and worth more than some they met on the computer??? The world would be a much better place if these two were no longer in it.

For what it is worth, I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea that the baby is with "family", after all, how did she get this way? Not pointing fingers, just asking...

Mother arrested for sexual battery on her 18-month-old child
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 05:30 PM EDT
Updated: Oct 23, 2009 10:05 AM EDT
<snipped>
The mother of an 18-month-old victim has now been arrested. Charlotte County Sheriff's deputies have charged 26-year-old Melissa Bailey with seven crimes, including Capital Sexual Battery, Lewd and Lascivious Molestation and Possession of Child *advertiser censored*.

Nelson was arrested Tuesday and was charged with Capital Sexual Battery on an 18 Month Old Baby Girl, Lewd & Lascivious Molestation on a Child Under 12 Years Old, and 20 felony counts of Possession of Child *advertiser censored* by Sex Performance by a Child. Nelson remains at the Charlotte County Jail on no bond. MCU detectives said this is an active, ongoing investigation and will take time to download all of the images in the seven computers; more charges may to be filed.

Article:
http://www.mysuncoast.com/Global/story.asp?S=11368356

IWannaKnow I feel the same way as you....something had to have happened when Melissa Bailey was growing up. It raises red flags for me too! Was she molested by someone elderly while growing up?

I have so many ?'s that just aren't answered yet in this case. I hope LE releases more info as to how & why this went on for 18 months & no one from her family noticed. MB had to have someone babysit in the family during her 18 months of being raped by them. Wouldn't someone notice that she was red/swollen or something when changing her diapers???

My heart goes out for this little innocent angel! I'm sooooo worried as to what family member has her & did CPS check them out before letting them have custody of her???

IMO she should have been left in foster care until LE checked them out crossing every t & dotting every i to make sure she is now in safe hands.

Too bad FL can't hang both of these perverts by their necks! That still isn't enough punishment for the two of them. The little girl I'm sure went through so much pain with what they were doing to her. :cry:

:praying: For The Safety Of Baby Bailey!

In one of the links on the second (I think) page here at ws one of the neighbors mentioned the "mother" has a brain injury. I'm guessing that's what LE was speaking of when saying we'd understand the delay once she was charged. Her brain. Not that I feel it excuses her behavior because I don't- there is no excuse. But I think it may explain why the delay in charging.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
conor52
Back