FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 125487

I updated my image--it was meant to read 8 minutes between camera appearances.

Assuming the camera clock was accurate, he ran back down the street and by that camera at about 9:01 making the shooting likely between 8:59 and 9:00.
He had at least 5 minutes to walk past and back by the bus stop or to hide nearby it. In that time he could have walked 3/4 blocks and been back in time to shoot and then start running.

Great sleuthing ...

attachment.php

I updated my image--it was meant to read 8 minutes between camera appearances.

Assuming the camera clock was accurate, he ran back down the street and by that camera at about 9:01 making the shooting likely between 8:59 and 9:00.
He had at least 5 minutes to walk past and back by the bus stop or to hide nearby it. In that time he could have walked 3/4 blocks and been back in time to shoot and then start running.

I live 45 minutes away and just read thru the entire thread. I feel it is a man, and the person in the video is definatley the perp and I think he has a short time before he is caught--JMO

I live 45 minutes away and just read thru the entire thread. I feel it is a man, and the person in the video is definatley the perp and I think he has a short time before he is caught--JMO

I live just down the street. Just heard a helicopter and wondered but all clear now. Our community facebook pages are lightning fast at sharing information so we've got quick access to new info.

http://www.tbo.com/news/publicsafet...-new-seminole-heights-homicides-video/2342430
The clothing leads Tampa police to believe it's the pedestrian whose image has already been widely circulated, leading them to label this man or woman a "person of interest" in the investigation of three homicides.

Interim Tampa police Chief Brian Dugan played the video at an afternoon news conference. He asked the public to carefully scrutinize the images, the person's clothing and mannerisms, and to notify police if they think they know the person's identity.

"It appears that they are walking toward the area where Benjamin Mitchell was and then they are running from the scene," Dugan said. "If that were me in that video, I have to believe that my neighbors would be able to identify me."

Officers stitched together surveillance video from multiple cameras in the neighborhood, he said. The edited video shows the person walking and flipping a cell phone in his or her right hand. Moments later, a second video shows the same person running in the opposite direction.

One time-stamped video indicates the person walked by a home and then, about seven minutes later, ran by in the opposite direction.
Dugan said police believe the person has ties to the southeast Seminole Heights neighborhood.

They have been sifting through "hours upon hours" of video, he said. Enhancing the video — zooming in on the pedestrian — lowers the resolution, leaving investigators uncertain about the race or gender of the person.

"We need people to tell us who this is," Dugan said.
rbbm.

Do you think he was looking at bus info on his phone? Like where the bus was, was it on time, etc? But if it's a flip phone then probably not...

Also, did someone say thst the street is actually the alley and not the real street?

IMO the gait is very similar to those who have had a broken pelvis in the past. I thought the person looked female at first but after watching a couple times I’m not so sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was about to say - my sig other walks that way b/c he broke his lower back dirtbiking in his youth. great point. it could very well be why he walks that way.

I believe that is possible, it is actually my theory, and I informed police about that when I sent them tip yesterday on a specific suspect who have connection to murder victim Monica, whom I believe was the real target and that the other
two victims, one shot before Monica and one shot after Monica, were killed to throw the police off.
Or perhaps the opposite is true.. the 1st and 3rd murder are related but Monica's has been erroneously associated and is not related.

i can bet this guy lives in the area. if he didn't he wouldn't feel so secure walking around and killing without fear of being caught. he lives close enough to walk home and get away from the scene. jmo.

!**THEN AGAIN, this might be where the bus stop comes into play. Does he murder these people and then get on the bus or murder them after getting off the bus? The detectives said the one thing tying these victims together is their relation to the bus stop. I would be looking at everyone coming on and off that bus. ask the bus drivers on the route if they recognize the suspect! if he isn't local, your key is likely held with the bus stop and bus patrons/drivers.**!

Then there's also the very real possibility he simply stalks an area where people are commonly walking to/from the bus. But, I think if he were local to the neighborhood someone would have noticed him by now. So likely he uses a bus to get around and isn't local. JMO

Do you think he was looking at bus info on his phone? Like where the bus was, was it on time, etc? But if it's a flip phone then probably not...

Also, did someone say thst the street is actually the alley and not the real street?

im wondering this, too! :)

ABC Action News interviewed the homeowner who captured a "person of interest" critical, police say, in solving three connected Seminole Heights murder cases.
[video=youtube;378EJ8ycsZ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=378EJ8ycsZ4[/video]

How far away is the university?

Good question. I was thinking the suspect looked to be somewhere around his early twenties. very slim kid. JMO. I know they haven't given any description of suspect. just basing it off my opinion of the video.

i can bet this guy lives in the area. if he didn't he wouldn't feel so secure walking around and killing without fear of being caught. he lives close enough to walk home and get away from the scene. jmo.

!**THEN AGAIN, this might be where the bus stop comes into play. Does he murder these people and then get on the bus or murder them after getting off the bus? The detectives said the one thing tying these victims together is their relation to the bus stop. I would be looking at everyone coming on and off that bus. ask the bus drivers on the route if they recognize the suspect! if he isn't local, your key is likely held with the bus stop and bus patrons/drivers.**!

Then there's also the very real possibility he simply stalks an area where people are commonly walking to/from the bus. But, I think if he were local to the neighborhood someone would have noticed him by now. So likely he uses a bus to get around and isn't local. JMO

He would be pretty stupid to murder someone moments after getting off the bus because the bus driver and others on the bus could potentially identify him. Also, there may be videos on the bus that we don't know about. JMO.

Also, I didn't know this before but just watched a news video that indicated it was a resident who gave the officers the video of the guy running and they spoke to the resident (feet only exposed). The resident's wife also said she actually saw the guy running away that night!

Reward now $42,000! Now an interesting thought: would the homeowner who offered up the video get a reward as they offered the video that could potentially capture the criminal, even though they don't know the person?

When the Police chief mentions that "the no snitch culture has go to stop", I don't really agree with this statement. If it were me, I would think it is more fear of retaliation of some sort, not that I would be labelled a snitcher that would prevent me from coming forward. Who knows who else is involved in this or would "help" him if he were to go to prison or at the very least get charged. The police should be stressing that the person will be totally anonymous from the public and they would be protected, that is probably more the issue standing in the way of justice. Or it could be someone protecting a family member or friend they suspect.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/27/us/seminole-heights-tampa-serial-killings.html
[h=1]In Tampa’s Seminole Heights, 3 Unlinked Victims of a Mysterious Killer[/h] By MATTHEW HAAGOCT. 27, 2017
Benjamin Mitchell and Anthony Naiboa crossed paths as students a few years ago at Middleton High School in Tampa, Fla., and the city’s Route 9 bus brought their lives together once again this month — with deadly consequences.

At about 9 p.m. on Oct. 9, Mr. Mitchell, 22, was waiting at a bus stop on 15th Street in the city’s Seminole Heights neighborhood, roughly a block from his home, on his way to see his girlfriend. He was shot and killed next to the bus stop, the police said.

Around 8 p.m. on Oct. 19, Mr. Naiboa, 20, was walking a block away on 15th Street toward a Route 9 stop after he had mistakenly jumped on the wrong bus to get home. He was shot and killed on the sidewalk, the police said.

In between their deaths, a city landscape crew about to mow an overgrown field in Seminole Heights on the morning of Oct. 13 stumbled upon the body of Monica Hoffa, 32, a half-mile from where the men died. She had been fatally shot while walking to a friend’s house, her father said.

The three homicides — all unsolved, with no meaningful connections except their proximity and manners of death

[h=4]A son awaiting a coming reunion with his father[/h]Benjamin Mitchell and his father, Ben Mitchell, both had their minds on the same date: Nov. 2. It was the day his father planned to pack up his belongings in Las Vegas and join him in Tampa.

He graduated from Middleton High School in 2013 and was supposed to receive an associate degree in business next semester from Hillsborough Community College.Inspired by his father’s love for hip-hop, Mr. Mitchell had started making rap music. He worked during the day at an Ikea with his girlfriend and attended classes at night

[h=4]A waitress who loved to make people smile[/h]Monica Hoffa craved independence. And to make sure she was never dependent on anyone else, she had long worked two jobs.

She waited tables at an IHOP about 15 minutes from her home in Seminole Heights. On her days off that job, she had recently started helping a new seafood restaurant open its doors, painting walls and setting up tables, and planned to be a waitress there after it opened, her father, Kenny Hoffa, said.

He said waiting tables was a natural fit for his daughter, who loved to meet new people. “There were no strangers in her life,”

On the night Ms. Hoffa was killed, she shared an Uber home with a co-worker, who was dropped off first, Mr. Hoffa said. His daughter then placed some items on her bed that she had bought from a Family Dollar store and texted a friend who lived three blocks way that she was coming over.

She was shot and killed while walking to her friend’s place.

[h=4]A man who took pride in his work[/h]Anthony Naiboa took pride in his new job: packing up food to send to victims of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico.
After his warehouse shift ended at night, Mr. Naiboa usually headed over to met his stepmother, Maria Rodriguez, at her job, she told The Tampa Bay Times. Then they would take the bus home together.

But on Oct. 19, Mr. Naiboa had forgotten that his stepmother was not working that day, she said. She talked to Mr. Naiboa, who had a mild form of autism, around 7:30 p.m. and told him to ride the bus by himself and to come straight home, she told the newspaper.
His stepmother and father, Casimar Naiboa, said they believed their son may have taken the wrong bus or had been confused by recent changes in the routes.

One aspect that has me curious is in the video about 8 seconds in something to the right grabs his attention and he is seen looking over at that house for approx. 4 seconds. What was it? A dog barking? Maybe someone said something to him? Was someone doing something outside the house that grabbed his attention? Maybe he/she just saw something shiny, but IMO it is worth looking into.

I want to address one part of the phone at 59 seconds into the video you see him looking at the screen and I have never seen a flip phone with a screen that big. The phone its self just looks too big to be a flip phone in that part of the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson