FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, it looks cinched at the waist somehow. I'm not sure about the pockets? Could that circled area be a logo? And the collar area, you may be able to make out various layers and its shape.

pockets ?.png pockets ?.png
from this Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 1.01.22 PM.png

vid here

I think the raincoat appears fitted around the waist - it really has a woman's profile bc it looks so fitted, except the hips are more narrow than a woman's coat. Kind of looks like this:
https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/506...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CJvAgqHP3dcCFcyHfgodMtQEgw

the shape of the hood across the forehead looks similar, too.

What I see the first time he takes something out of his pocket is a butterfly knife, he at least to me flips it like a butterfly knife. I could be wrong of course, but I don't know of anyone that flips the phone like that.
Like this. Thoughts?

attachment.php

Attachments

• classic-weehawk-balisong-butterfly-knife-black-nfs-4.jpg
    classic-weehawk-balisong-butterfly-knife-black-nfs-4.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 254
He may have the collar open here, you can make out the clips maybe kind of on his shoulder.

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 10.51.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 10.49.48 PM.png could that circled area be a logo?

vid here

O/T

[video=youtube;2RdJIUtE9Gk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RdJIUtE9Gk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RdJIUtE9Gk[/video]

Yes, serial killers are usually loners when it comes to committing their crimes. There have been a few exceptions and those usually involved only 1 other partner or "helper".

Regarding a military background, it seems very possible, IMO. He could have served his hitch in combat and now may have PTSD. It was said by someone (LE?) that he seems to have skills similar to those learned in urban combat. He may have been honorably discharged, then came home to deal with stress, lack of a job, etc. This may be his way of striking back at society that he feels has treated him badly. Injustice collector?

Thrill Kills. Some people like to kill. Thrill Seekers. Psychopaths. It's hard for us to understand because we aren't psychopaths. Or both are Injustice Collector's feel the world owes them or are angry at the world.
If the shooter is filled with rage it doesn't show in his gait.

I am thinking the killer is likely an injustice collector like Devin Kelley, Stephen Paddock, or Omar Mateen.

Interesting article about the Baseline serial shooters, noting the contrived "murder outfit".
https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...-baseline-killer-terrorized-phoenix/89557694/
He wore a black long-sleeve T-shirt and khaki pants, the same blend-in-with-the-background outfit that his surviving victims described, except that it was flecked with cement dust.

He bore a strong resemblance to the composite sketch that police had circulated, a light-skinned and muscular black man with a mustache, except he was not wearing the dreadlocks wig or the fishing hat he wore during some of his attacks.

[h=3]They did not seem frightening[/h]

What was perhaps most frightening about Dale Hausner, the mastermind of the Serial Shooters, and Mark Goudeau, the Baseline Killer, was that they did not seem frightening.

If either one sat down next to you at a bar or coffee shop, you might end up in conversation with him, even buy him a drink.
“That’s how psychopaths live among us,” said Phoenix police Detective Schwartzkopf, who first identified Hausner as a killer.

Goudeau was handsome, with an athlete’s figure and an upright carriage.

At the time of his arrest in 2006, his neighbors called him “sweet” and "hard-working.” They saw him with his wife, or out tending his yard on the little house they shared.

It looks like the Northface hood
[video=youtube;McL88HkJ844]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McL88HkJ844[/video]
at about 57 secs

attachment.php

I just noticed something I had never seen before. There is a black tether cord of some sort attached to the device he is flipping around. You can see it right before he passes the large bush in the background.
Its right about the time where the circle is showing the device. There is a large bush he is fixing to pass and you can see the cord best there at that point.

The black cord is attached to the device and appears to go up the inside of his jacket from the bottom. Maybe it is for an earpiece or a power cord or something. Or maybe it is a safety cord in case he drops the device it wont hit the ground. It could be why he was so confident when he was flipping the device around.

I just noticed something I had never seen before. There is a black tether cord of some sort attached to the device he is flipping around. You can see it right before he passes the large bush in the background.
Its right about the time where the circle is showing the device. There is a large bush he is fixing to pass and you can see the cord best there at that point.

The black cord is attached to the device and appears to go up the inside of his jacket from the bottom. Maybe it is for an earpiece or a power cord or something. Or maybe it is a safety cord in case he drops the device it wont hit the ground. It could be why he was so confident when he was flipping the device around.

Thank you so much, Hatfield. Will take look. I love flipping things, keeps me happy and coordinated, but I drop things too. The way he flips it reminds me of something just like what you describe, flipping keys on a long leather strap, then those butterfly knives, or some mechanics with wrenches, or drummers.

:loveyou:
great to see you again.

Great catch, just spotted it @ approx 00.3 -00.4!

Thank you so much, Hatfield. Will take look. I love flipping things, keeps me happy and coordinated, but I drop things too. The way he flips it reminds me of something just like what you describe, flipping keys on a long leather strap, then those butterfly knives, or some mechanics with wrenches, or drummers.

:loveyou:
great to see you again.

Or basketball players with their ball tricks.

I'm hung up on him being athlete....grateful when others offer other ideas to keep my mind limber.

jmopinion

I took a screen shot where there is clearly a narrowed waist and wider hips and shoulders.
How do I attach a picture?

There are a couple ways to do it that I know of. Below should help explain the two ways. I found these instructions from other forums here on WS. You can use option 1 if you dont have a photobucket account. If you have a photobucket account or another photo hosting place then option 2 maybe easier.

OPTION 1

How do I attach a file to a post?

To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.

Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachments

=============================================

OPTION 2

Another way is with a photobucket account. Once you sign up at photobucket.com or other image hosting site, just follow the directions there to upload photos. Once you have the pictures you want uploaded to photobucket,there will be an image code [\img] that u copy from there and paste here and voila! You can also resize the pictures there.

[url]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?146003-Anyone-having-trouble-posting-pictures[/url]

Maybe it's his charger. Sometimes when I'm going somewhere and my phone is on the charger I'll just grab the whole thing with charger still attached and just throw it in my bag that way. If he brought his charger with him it could mean he wasn't planning on going right home after killing Ben Mitchell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it's his charger. Sometimes when I'm going somewhere and my phone is on the charger I'll just grab the whole thing with charger still attached and just throw it in my bag that way. If he brought his charger with him it could mean he wasn't planning on going right home after killing Ben Mitchell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah thats a good guess. I have always wanted to buy one of those small portable chargers so maybe he has his phone connected to a portable charger.

I suppose this doesnt help us too much but at least it confirms the device he is holding must be a phone. I used to think it could have been a knife or a gun and now I am convinced it is definitely a phone because of the black cord seen attached to it.

Yeah thats a good guess. I have always wanted to buy one of those small portable chargers so maybe he has his phone connected to a portable charger.

I suppose this doesnt help us too much but at least it confirms the device he is holding must be a phone. I used to think it could have been a knife or a gun and now I am convinced it is definitely a phone because of the black cord seen attached to it.

I agree, he seems to have two electronic devices, one flip phone possibly, and an other more like an iPhone seen reflecting in his back pocket at one point.

The screenshot are from the moments you mention, Hatfield. Zooming in on the area around his pocket it looks like he pulls the object out and his pocket distorts out and may have some reflective seam as it catches the light the same way a strip on the opposite side of the jacket does.

The green squares over his torso and shoulder are leaves in the foreground. I'll keep going with the sequence focused on his pockets, the object and trench,raincoat or jacket.

Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 1.49.57 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 11.47.28 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 11.48.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 11.48.30 AM.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 11.48.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 11.48.09 AM.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 1.21.59 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 1.21.59 PM.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 41
If perp is in fact homeless, maybe he has the charger with him to sneakily plug into someone else's electric circuit.imo.

If he has a cell phone, what info could LE get?

There are a lot of homes in that area. I wonder how much area a cell tower there covers?

They have the time he was there. Would that help in narrowing anything down?

If perp is in fact homeless, maybe he has the charger with him to sneakily plug into someone else's electric circuit.imo.

If he possibly has two devices, a flip phone and an iPhone type thing he seems to have as well, then that would indicate some means and some need to keep separate lines of communications.

Since he seems at one point to be talking on the cell that he flips around just before, and holds it in front of himself seeming to look at it, I wonder if he's expecting a call and answering it or making a call?

So, whomever he does talk to, if he is really talking to them, he uses the flip phone to communicate with them, which could or could not indicate that the other person is involved or aware of his location and what he's up to.

When would that conversation fall in the timeline of his shooting that night?

The way he's seems so confident, I think he'd have a good excuse to give to be there, if he'd run into anyone who'd ask him, while he was hunting his first three victims... like 'on my way home from work' 'walking across town to visit a friend or relative'.

So, what was his alibi to be there so early in the morning if he was stopped before he shot the courageous Mr. Fenton?

Once he does kill, does he and where would he stash at least his jacket and gun, as he proceeds to get away, or does he get away with them?

Does he have a stash or safe place nearest to where Mr. Fenton was shot? Could that be closer to where he starts his day?

thanks. I had to click on "full site". I guess I was on the mobile version. I have an "attach photo" icon but get an error when I try to upload the image.

There are a couple ways to do it that I know of. Below should help explain the two ways. I found these instructions from other forums here on WS. You can use option 1 if you dont have a photobucket account. If you have a photobucket account or another photo hosting place then option 2 maybe easier.

OPTION 1

How do I attach a file to a post?

To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.

Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachments

=============================================

OPTION 2

Another way is with a photobucket account. Once you sign up at photobucket.com or other image hosting site, just follow the directions there to upload photos. Once you have the pictures you want uploaded to photobucket,there will be an image code [\img] that u copy from there and paste here and voila! You can also resize the pictures there.

[URL]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?146003-Anyone-having-trouble-posting-pictures[/URL][/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody