FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the reality is that SH isn't entirely what the media has been portraying. There are areas of gentrification, but there are still a lot of rough areas, also, with people living life on the fringe

Local here. The neighborhood is definitely the "haves" and the "have nots" living side by side. This is the last part of SH to be gentrified, and still quite rough. I wouldn't have walked around there by myself at night even before this was going on.

On a related note, there is someone posting in this FB group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/SeminoleHeightsKillerTheories/) who has been interviewed by police several times, says he is being followed, gave them his phone data, etc. I believe he is considered a suspect at this point by LE. It caused a big stir in this FB group when someone threw his name out as a suspect. Many came to his defense/he's a well known and well liked member of the community.

A few reasons he is probably under investigation (these are all details he has given in the group):
- He lives about a block from the first murder.
- He is a Lyft driver and is out in the neighborhood at all hours of the night. Knows the area very well.
- Here's the real kicker: he drives an ex-cop car, wanted to be a cop but couldn't pass background check. Maybe I watch too many crime shows but I know sometimes this is characteristic of criminals.
- Lastly, he has very much inserted himself into the investigation. He is openly posting his theories about who he thinks the killer is. Quite a few people are wondering why he is drawing so much attention to himself when he is being accused of the crime.

The thing is, he does not match perp description (not as tall/thin/light skinned as eyewitness description and videos). But I think at the very least he knows something which is why police won't leave him alone.

I wonder if these killings could be retaliation killings ? Is there anything untoward or contentious that has recently happened in that area ? jmo

I like your train of thought here. Retaliation. Maybe it is retaliation for something that happened in another part of the country. There are marches happening all over the country.

What is he so angry about? Child support? Significant other has moved on from him? Fired from a job? Can't get a job?

Is he active on social media? Facebook? Instagram? Twitter?

Is he a gamer? Call of Duty?

He is apparently calm and collected, so his family or whomever he lives with doesn't suspect him. Maybe they were there if the cops did knock on the door and he was questioned so they think he is in the clear.

Maybe the cops should go back to the first victim and really question if someone had a motive to want him dead? Did he have a beef with someone? I'm sure they have done this, but looking closer at the victims might provide a lead.

Sorry friends, for some reason I thought Tuesday was one of his preferred days.
My goof!

:welcome: Tampasleuther! Glad to have you aboard. Local perspectives are very much appreciated. ~Boots

Local here. The neighborhood is definitely the "haves" and the "have nots" living side by side. This is the last part of SH to be gentrified, and still quite rough. I wouldn't have walked around there by myself at night even before this was going on.

On a related note, there is someone posting in this FB group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/SeminoleHeightsKillerTheories/) who has been interviewed by police several times, says he is being followed, gave them his phone data, etc. I believe he is considered a suspect at this point by LE. It caused a big stir in this FB group when someone threw his name out as a suspect. Many came to his defense/he's a well known and well liked member of the community.

A few reasons he is probably under investigation (these are all details he has given in the group):
- He is a Lyft driver and is out in the neighborhood at all hours of the night. Knows the area very well.
- Here's the real kicker: he drives an ex-cop car, wanted to be a cop but couldn't pass background check. Maybe I watch too many crime shows but I know sometimes this is characteristic of criminals.
- Lastly, he has very much inserted himself into the investigation. He is openly posting his theories about who he thinks the killer is. Quite a few people are wondering why he is drawing so much attention to himself when he is being accused of the crime.

The thing is, he does not match perp description (not as tall/thin/light skinned as eyewitness description and videos). But I think at the very least he knows something which is why police won't leave him alone.

Sorry friends, for some reason I thought Tuesday was one of his preferred days.
My goof!

He shot two victims on Tuesdays, the first one at night, the forth and hopefully the last one in the early am. So far Tuesday is the only pattern developed, and he hasn't shot anyone on a weekend yet.

Welcome to Ws tampasleuther!
:welcome:

I like your train of thought here. Retaliation. Maybe it is retaliation for something that happened in another part of the country. There are marches happening all over the country.

What is he so angry about? Child support? Significant other has moved on from him? Fired from a job? Can't get a job?

Is he active on social media? Facebook? Instagram? Twitter?

Is he a gamer? Call of Duty?

He is apparently calm and collected, so his family or whomever he lives with doesn't suspect him. Maybe they were there if the cops did knock on the door and he was questioned so they think he is in the clear.

Maybe the cops should go back to the first victim and really question if someone had a motive to want him dead? Did he have a beef with someone? I'm sure they have done this, but looking closer at the victims might provide a lead.

I'm wondering about retaliation for something happening in the Tampa area. I live a long way from there, and am not familiar with the area. But, I think this is the most likely motive. jmo

I don't have facebook so I can't see what's going on there. If he lives a block or so from the first murder, do you know what direction from the location of the first murder it is?

Did anyone else think it was strange that chief dugan on more than 1 occasion said monica hoffa was "completely innocent" "totally innocent". He kept putting emphasis on completely/totally.... it made me think that subconciously he was saying that the same was not true of the male victims. I think he said it when answering a question at a press conference and i know for sure i heard it when he did an interview

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

He said they requested a phone dump and a dna sample from him as well which he gave. The dna sample has me wondering if they are counting on loccards exchange principle bc the shootings were actually THAT close up

Did anyone else think it was strange that chief dugan on more than 1 occasion said monica hoffa was "completely innocent" "totally innocent". He kept putting emphasis on completely/totally.... it made me think that subconciously he was saying that the same was not true of the male victims. I think he said it when answering a question at a press conference and i know for sure i heard it when he did an interview

I thought he said that all of the victims were innocent, in that they "had done nothing wrong " ? jmo

I thought he said that all of the victims were innocent, in that they "had done nothing wrong " ? jmo
Yes but he emphasized monica hoffa. It was very noticeable. Almost as if he was saying she was especially innocent..
and i just wonder why he said that? I wonder if there was something more horrific about her killing that he was sympathizing with? Her friend said that when she went looking for her and saw the cops and crime tape, an officer told her that the person did awful things to her. Im paraphrasing. I cant post it bc its on her fb but yall can find it if you want, it was posted oct 13 when she was found

Very curious ( without interfering with investigation ) as to what has not been divulged and could possibly be verified by watching the video of perp? imo.
http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/s...lls-to-seminole-heights-tip-line-not-returned
Mayor Bob Buckhorn said the police department is working around the clock. He also said they’re getting thousands of tips — last check more than 4,300 and this one from a family may have slipped through the cracks.

Police are looking at the family's video and also evaluating the process.
The woman who spoke to ABC Action News is so frightened, she asked not only to hide their face but disguise her voice.

Her children suspected they might know something about the Seminole Heights Killer
"They both said yes this is very suspicious. They said it was their civic duty to go ahead and call the tip line...which one of them did," she said.
And while no one will go into specifics. Mayor Buckhorn will say they are now carefully scrutinizing the video the family turned over.

"We are analyzing it to see if it makes sense, if the pattern fits. There are some things we know that we have not divulged and we need to see if it matches up with what we see on the video," said Buckhorn

rbbm

Yes but he emphasized monica hoffa. It was very noticeable. Almost as if he was saying she was especially innocent..
and i just wonder why he said that? I wonder if there was something more horrific about her killing that he was sympathizing with? Her friend said that when she went looking for her and saw the cops and crime tape, an officer told her that the person did awful things to her. Im paraphrasing. I cant post it bc its on her fb but yall can find it if you want, it was posted oct 13 when she was found

She had been arrested in the past and the people may have had the impression that she "got herself into this."

In response to this, LE stated that both she and Mitchell were not living a lifestyle that would lead to murder.

Tampa family claims numerous calls to Seminole Heights tip line not returned

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/s...lls-to-seminole-heights-tip-line-not-returned

Her children suspected they might know something about the Seminole Heights Killer.

The woman said me her children called the tip line several times. The first time three weeks ago.

"They said someone will get back to you and a month later she still had no call and the 4th murder happened," she said.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Interesting. I read that she had severe injuries to her chest ? I recall it because it reminded me of the wording used to describe Missy Bevar's injuries ( Missy's thread is here). Strange. jmo

once, a guy who made off w a teenager found her thread years later and commented.

I've thought about that in the past and I am sure it has happened,but I don't think so in this case. This punk is young and probably wouldn't be reading these threads.

I'm wondering about retaliation for something happening in the Tampa area. I live a long way from there, and am not familiar with the area. But, I think this is the most likely motive. jmo

I disagree. IMHO, it’s about the killer having a personality disorder full of rage and anger with truly nothing but their own lack of skill sets & the inability to assimilate into society fueling them on. Like the world owes them something. In reality, they have a superiority complex & all the while barely challenging themselves to the real issues we all face that cause the most angst.
In my opinion, this killer spends a lot of time in his room playing violent video games, smoking a lot of weed, and wishing he was a somebody without investing in the character-building actions and skill sets needed to really be a contributing member to society. So he lashes out because he thinks he’s so special. It’s really sickening to those who struggle and do the right thing every day while still remaining kind, charitable, productive. Ugh!

Yeah, we should feel sorry for the ASPD spoiled, self-centered brat whose only power comes from taking the lives of the innocents. Not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member