FL - Mark Schwab facing execution for the '91 murder of Junny Rios-Martinez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well see darlin, that's where we absolutely do not have to worry. The judge and jury are humans. Humans show remorse, even for things that are necessary to do. The monster that was strapped down to the table was inhuman. Otherwise, he couldn't have done the things he did to that baby.
Like it or not, Schwab was human too. He did vicious, terrible things, but he was human. He had family who loved him and never saw the side of him he showed Junny. If humans show remorse for things that are necessary to do, then do you show remorse for him being dead, for it being NECESSARY for him to be put to death?

I know I've said this at least two or three times during the course of this thread. I don't believe God gives anyone the right to take another person's life. I'm speaking on MORAL rights here, nevermind the legal ones. I know Schwab killed, but that does not give anybody a God-given right to take his life. Two wrongs do NOT make a right. "Legal execution" just means they hid behind the law to stoop to his level. All IMO, of course.

I guess Junnys parents were suppose to offer up his siblings to Schwab since turning the other cheek would be the moral thing to do?

You keep saying two wrongs do not make a right. There was only one wrong here. And the Florida courts made it right.

wow :furious:
And if the judge and jury have no remorse for sending them to the death chamber, then I guess they'll all meet up in hell.
wow:bang:
Of course, the answer to this depends on the individual prisoner, but I do think that many in prison consider their guilt with remorse and use their time to better themselves and help others.
and wow :rolleyes:
And in China, Iran, Pakistan...stellar company we're keeping on the issue!:rolleyes:
no sense it even discussing this anymore for me-

Like it or not, Schwab was human too. He did vicious, terrible things, but he was human. He had family who loved him and never saw the side of him he showed Junny. If humans show remorse for things that are necessary to do, then do you show remorse for him being dead, for it being NECESSARY for him to be put to death?

What makes you think he was human? Did you know him?

I believe that humans do show remorse for things that are necessary to do. I didn't DO anything to this monster, so the only remorse I have is that it was necessary to kill him in the first place. That was only necessary because of what he did to little Junny. Action. Consequence for that Action. Get how that works?

I guess Junnys parents were suppose to offer up his siblings to Schwab since turning the other cheek would be the moral thing to do?

You keep saying two wrongs do not make a right. There was only one wrong here. And the Florida courts made it right.
Wouldnt he have loved that, sick perv!

And don't forget Diamond, that they've got friends who put their photos on the lonely hearts websites for prisoners so that they can get love letters and pen pals too. People can send them money for their accounts, etc. Nothing like life for free.

I've heard of that too.:eek:

Amen Jeana. If we did execute in the same way as the above mentioned countries, our crime rate would be way down...not that I want us to do that!

Amen Jeana. If we did execute in the same way as the above mentioned countries, our crime rate would be way down...not that I want us to do that!

Me either Deb. I'm all for giving the defendant/inmate every single one of their appeals, testing every bit of evidence, etc. The only way we can keep the death penalty is to make sure that its applied evenly and fairly and we can't do that if there are questions in the way they're handled. And, as the courts have recently said, they must be done in such a way that the condemned doesn't get a boo boo.

Don't forget that Schwab was already sentenced to two life sentences and then released. He blew his chance to avoid the death penalty by his own actions. Someone trusted him enough to release him and I hope they are thinking about that right now.

Yes, no boo boos during execution.

Don't forget that Schwab was already sentenced to two life sentences and then released. He blew his chance to avoid the death penalty by his own actions. Someone trusted him enough to release him and I hope they are thinking about that right now.
I cant get over that, who would let him out? They almost always repeat and repeat!

What makes you think he was human? Did you know him?

I believe that humans do show remorse for things that are necessary to do. I didn't DO anything to this monster, so the only remorse I have is that it was necessary to kill him in the first place. That was only necessary because of what he did to little Junny. Action. Consequence for that Action. Get how that works?
I'm finding it VERY hard to keep up with all the replies and to respond to everyone who's picking apart every single thing I say, so I apologize for not making a reply to EVERY single person.

What makes me think he was human? What kind of question is that? He was as human as you, me, and everyone else here. He was just a human who did awful things.

People do very bad things. It's been that way since the beginning of time and it's not going to change. If a person wants to commit a crime badly enough, they will do it, even if the death penalty is a possibility. It may guarantee that the dead prisoner won't commit another crime (I still say LWOP would accomplish the same thing), but what about the scores of other murderers, rapists, pedophiles, etc., that are going to take his place that a.) won't get caught, or b.) will get caught but will not be sentenced to death? The death penalty is not an effective deterrent. It's costly, ineffective, and wrong. As a civilized country, people should have the good sense to want it abolished here. Killing to get the point across that killing is wrong just boggles my mind. IF the DP was such an effective deterrent, moreso than LWOP, then every death row in the country would be empty.

The way people rejoice when a man is executed is sickening, IMO. There's nothing to be joyful about when ANYONE dies. He was someone's family, too. The way people are so bloodthirsty and sit around ticking off the minutes until he execution begins just amazes me. It makes them no better than the very ones strapped to the gurney.

I'm finding it VERY hard to keep up with all the replies and to respond to everyone who's picking apart every single thing I say, so I apologize for not making a reply to EVERY single person.

What makes me think he was human? What kind of question is that? He was as human as you, me, and everyone else here. He was just a human who did awful things.

People do very bad things. It's been that way since the beginning of time and it's not going to change. If a person wants to commit a crime badly enough, they will do it, even if the death penalty is a possibility. It may guarantee that the dead prisoner won't commit another crime (I still say LWOP would accomplish the same thing), but what about the scores of other murderers, rapists, pedophiles, etc., that are going to take his place that a.) won't get caught, or b.) will get caught but will not be sentenced to death? The death penalty is not an effective deterrent. It's costly, ineffective, and wrong. As a civilized country, people should have the good sense to want it abolished here. Killing to get the point across that killing is wrong just boggles my mind. IF the DP was such an effective deterrent, moreso than LWOP, then every death row in the country would be empty.

The way people rejoice when a man is executed is sickening, IMO. There's nothing to be joyful about when ANYONE dies. He was someone's family, too. The way people are so bloodthirsty and sit around ticking off the minutes until he execution begins just amazes me. It makes them no better than the very ones strapped to the gurney.

Just because he had a human form with blood running through his veins, doesn't make him human. One needs a SOUL to be human.

The death penalty is a pretty damn good deterrent for this son of a , isnt't it? Won't be raping and killing any more babies.

He was someone's family and HIS FAMILY are more of his victims. HE PUT them through what they've been through all of his life, being in and out of prison and having to watch him die. Ever think about that?

Besides, we're not so much joyful about him dying, just that he's dead.

Thats just not even right, we are NOTHING like him nor will we ever be! He was a killer, and a pervert! He got what he deserved and I am sure he will get more when he stands before our Maker. I only hope and pray that Junnys family have some peace and can rest their heads on their pillows at night and Know that he will never hurt anyone again.

This is our laws though and they know it, so when he chose to rape, sodomize and torture this child he should have thought "maybe I am going to die" but he commited it anyway and its time to pay.

I agree with this post and wish we DID have the Death Penalty over here. I think they deserve everything they get, I just don't think it should take a zillion years to execute them. My sympathy lies only with the victims. I don't even think killers have the right to see their families after taking someone else away from theirs and especially a child.

I have no sorrow for a man who was given the literal gift of freedom after being convicted of not one, but two crimes before he murdered Junny. He was given more than most and he chose, yes *chose*, to repeat what he was forgiven.

There is no joy here. Never will be. That said, may all find the peace that they need.

I have to ask you. What do you think about Ted Bundy and his execution? Was that unjust as well? I'm curious.

I agree with this post and wish we DID have the Death Penalty over here. I think they deserve everything they get, I just don't think it should take a zillion years to execute them. My sympathy lies only with the victims. I don't even think killers have the right to see their families after taking someone else away from theirs and especially a child.
Its very sad, we treat prisoners over here pretty good. They get cable tv, 3 meals a day and clean clothes. More then some.

I have no sorrow for a man who was given the literal gift of freedom after being convicted of not one, but two crimes before he murdered Junny. He was given more than most and he chose, yes *chose*, to repeat what he was forgiven.

There is no joy here. Never will be. That said, may all find the peace that they need.

I have to ask you. What do you think about Ted Bundy and his execution? Was that unjust as well? I'm curious.

Remember those people outside the prison the night Bundy was executed? They were holding up signs that said "Tuesday is FRYDAY." You've gotta love that!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyStacyStacy
Back