FL - Mark Schwab facing execution for the '91 murder of Junny Rios-Martinez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just because he had a human form with blood running through his veins, doesn't make him human. One needs a SOUL to be human.

The death penalty is a pretty damn good deterrent for this son of a , isnt't it? Won't be raping and killing any more babies.

He was someone's family and HIS FAMILY are more of his victims. HE PUT them through what they've been through all of his life, being in and out of prison and having to watch him die. Ever think about that?

Besides, we're not so much joyful about him dying, just that he's dead.

:confused:
Dying, dead. People rejoice that his life was taken, nonetheless.

Yes, his family suffers and they will mourn him. They did suffer because of his crimes, but they are suffering more because he is dead. More death, more suffering for innocent people.

Yes, his family suffers and they will mourn him. They did suffer because of his crimes, but they are suffering more because he is dead. More death, more suffering for innocent people.
The world is a little safer for our children, and that I am Thankful for.

Thats just not even right, we are NOTHING like him nor will we ever be! He was a killer, and a pervert! He got what he deserved and I am sure he will get more when he stands before our Maker. I only hope and pray that Junnys family have some peace and can rest their heads on their pillows at night and Know that he will never hurt anyone again.
As I'm sure the ones who sentenced him to death & pulled the switch will, as well.

Not the same thing at all. We're rejoying in the fact that he can no longer hurt anyone. We're happy that Junny's family gets some peace. Some closure, even though I personally don't believe in that word.

I have to completely disagree with you that his family is suffering more because he's dead. For his prior two crimes that he served time for and then this last murder, they were pretty much prisoners. They had to deal with the fact that he was dependent on them for pretty much everything to do with the outside. They were most likely very unhappy that they had to deal with going to see him, being stripped searched isn't exactly a picnic. They are free. They can mourn him, but they can GET ON with their lives. They no longer have this cancer sucking the lives out of them.

As I'm sure the ones who sentenced him to death & pulled the switch will, as well.

We're all going to have to face our Maker for things that we've done during our lifetimes. I'll be able to do it without fear. I'm not perfect. I'm flawed. I'm one of God's children.

Oh by the way, I don't think there are switches to be pulled during a lethal injection.:)

The world is a little safer for our children, and that I am Thankful for.
It would have been just as safe had he been given life without possibility of parole. It's been safe from him all these years he's been locked up, ALIVE, has it not? It's no more or less safer for them than it was before this man was executed.

I disagree that LWOP would accomplish the same aim as the Death Penalty....the DP guarantees they will never kill again. There is no guarantee that LWOP will actually MEAN LWOP. Years and years after their sentence there could be someone or something that gets them out as the passage of time will lessen the impact of their crimes. I think that the DP would also be a better deterrent if it was applied a whole lot quicker. I know people over here in jail who at this minute have cell phones that are never found and if they are, they are quickly replaced and these guys have profiles that they write on themselves FROM the phones on sites like Facebook. They are not killers but criminals all the same and I just dont think thats right. Prison just does not phase some of these guys as they have so many perks its a joke

It would have been just as safe had he been given life without possibility of parole. It's been safe from him all these years he's been locked up, ALIVE, has it not? It's no more or less safer for them than it was before this man was executed.
He was let out before, Now we know for sure he will NEVER be out!

There are varying degrees of punishment for various crimes. He committed the ultimate crime and thus recieved the ultimate punishment.

I disagree that LWOP would accomplish the same aim as the Death Penalty....the DP guarantees they will never kill again. There is no guarantee that LWOP will actually MEAN LWOP. Years and years after their sentence there could be someone or something that gets them out as the passage of time will lessen the impact of their crimes. I think that the DP would also be a better deterrent if it was applied a whole lot quicker. I know people over here in jail who at this minute have cell phones that are never found and if they are, they are quickly replaced and these guys have profiles that they write on themselves FROM the phones on sites like Facebook. They are not killers but criminals all the same and I just dont think thats right. Prison just does not phase some of these guys as they have so many perks its a joke

I agree that it took too long for justice in this case. Now that the courts have ruled that lethal injection is not cruel and inhumane treatment, the states are getting fired up again so to speak.

Here in Texas, we've got four executions this MONTH alone, beginning on the 10th of July. I believe we're going to get rid of almost 15 scumbags before Halloween.

Truecrimefan, I am not taking away from your belief, but I find it conflicting that you feel one way for a man who was executed and yet, you want those involved to be in the very same place you have judged others for feeling for DP convict. Suffering before their Maker.

I honestly do not understand. How can it be both ways? Truly asking.

I agree that it took too long for justice in this case. Now that the courts have ruled that lethal injection is not cruel and inhumane treatment, the states are getting fired up again so to speak.

Here in Texas, we've got four executions this MONTH alone, beginning on the 10th of July. I believe we're going to get rid of almost 15 scumbags before Halloween.
Wow really? Thats alot, I wish all States moved as fast as Texas.

Oh my goodness, truecrimefan may end up in a padded cell if we keep obeying the law of the land!:bang:

Its very sad, we treat prisoners over here pretty good. They get cable tv, 3 meals a day and clean clothes. More then some.

Its so good for them here that some of them have even refused early release! I was amazed and disgusted when I heard that the head of our prison service said this recently. He also said that they get drugs more easily and freely and that prison staff were totally demoralised. I know plenty of lads here who see prison as no big deal and even as a badge of honour to their peers. Its totally disgusting

We're all going to have to face our Maker for things that we've done during our lifetimes. I'll be able to do it without fear. I'm not perfect. I'm flawed. I'm one of God's children.

Oh by the way, I don't think there are switches to be pulled during a lethal injection.:)
We're all God's children and we all are flawed.

I say "pull the switch." If they "press a button" or do it by some other means, whatever. I'll stick with "pull the switch." I think people know what I mean at any rate. The end result is the same for the poor soul strapped to the gurney.

Wow really? Thats alot, I wish all States moved as fast as Texas.

I can't speak for the Department of Criminal Justice, but I think Texas was pretty pissed that they had to reschedule some of these guys. LOL Its like chop chop people, we've got a schedule to keep.

What did actually warm my heart was the final statement of the inmate they executed a short time ago. If all of the inmates gave final statements like his, I may not hold as much hatred in my heart for them. Here's what Karl Chamberlain said in June when he was executed:

I want you all to know, everyone with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. Thank you for being here today to honor Falicia Prechtl, whom I didn't even know. To celebrate my death. My death began on August 2, 1991 and continued when I began to see the beautiful and innocent life that I had taken. I am so terribly sorry. I wish I could die more than once to tell you how sorry I am. I have said in interviews, if you want to hurt me and choke me, that's how terrible I felt before this crime. I am sorry, it is her innocence and her life which began the remorse every since December 1, 1991. I have embraced life. Thank you for being a part of my life. I love you. May God be with us all. May God have mercy on us all. I am ready. Please do not hate anybody because.......(end of statement)

Texas Rocks:)

We're all God's children and we all are flawed.

I say "pull the switch." If they "press a button" or do it by some other means, whatever. I'll stick with "pull the switch." I think people know what I mean at any rate. The end result is the same for the poor soul strapped to the gurney.
Poor soul, I could have used other words to describe him. :eek: We are Gods children and nobody is perfect but he knew what he was doing and he paid the ultimate price, his Life. I dont know if he was one of Gods Children unless he repented and only God knows that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyStacyStacy
Back