FL - Mark Schwab facing execution for the '91 murder of Junny Rios-Martinez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
People are aware that if they commit a crime they will go to prison. I believe that some, perhaps not all, but some are sorry for their crimes. But their remorse should not get them out of jail. Nor should their crime (or lack of remorse) send them to the death chamber. I believe that if you take a life, you WILL think about it, you can't help but, and when you're in prison with time on your hands, whether you're remorseful or not, your crime will cross your mind.

Darlin, lack of remorse doesn't send them to the death chamber. The jury and the judge do that.

I believe that lack of remorse will send them to hell in a hurry though.

Actually, he got ALOT better then poor junny got! If he was tortured, sodomized, beat and then murdered that would be one thing. However he was sedated, given the chance to hold his family one last time and had lethal injection, far easier then junny went through!
I simply meant that the fact that he TOOK A LIFE does not give someone the right to TAKE HIS LIFE, IMO.

I simply meant that the fact that he TOOK A LIFE does not give someone the right to TAKE HIS LIFE, IMO.

Then how did the State of Florida execute him? I think someone GAVE them State the RIGHT to do it. It WAS a legal execution, was it not? That sounds like RIGHTS to me.

Darlin, lack of remorse doesn't send them to the death chamber. The jury and the judge do that.

I believe that lack of remorse will send them to hell in a hurry though.
And if the judge and jury have no remorse for sending them to the death chamber, then I guess they'll all meet up in hell.

People are aware that if they commit a crime they will go to prison. I believe that some, perhaps not all, but some are sorry for their crimes. But their remorse should not get them out of jail. Nor should their crime (or lack of remorse) send them to the death chamber. I believe that if you take a life, you WILL think about it, you can't help but, and when you're in prison with time on your hands, whether you're remorseful or not, your crime will cross your mind.

Yes. I read about the re-living of the crimes that they do. According to the shrinks most do it because it brings them pleasure. I'm sure most talk about it to look tough in there too. I think the remorse is largely saved for themselves.

And if the judge and jury have no remorse for sending them to the death chamber, then I guess they'll all meet up in hell.

Well see darlin, that's where we absolutely do not have to worry. The judge and jury are humans. Humans show remorse, even for things that are necessary to do. The monster that was strapped down to the table was inhuman. Otherwise, he couldn't have done the things he did to that baby.

......... That said, do you honestly believe that many in prison actually consider, with remorse, their guilt? .......

Of course, the answer to this depends on the individual prisoner, but I do think that many in prison consider their guilt with remorse and use their time to better themselves and help others.

Then how did the State of Florida execute him? I think someone GAVE them State the RIGHT to do it. It WAS a legal execution, was it not? That sounds like RIGHTS to me.
I know I've said this at least two or three times during the course of this thread. I don't believe God gives anyone the right to take another person's life. I'm speaking on MORAL rights here, nevermind the legal ones. I know Schwab killed, but that does not give anybody a God-given right to take his life. Two wrongs do NOT make a right. "Legal execution" just means they hid behind the law to stoop to his level. All IMO, of course.

Again, here's the thing. If people are aware that if they commit a crime and will go to prison, than why gamble with their life as well as anothers? Because, they do not care and truly believe they can get away with it. Not all can "grasp" that they took a life and will be held accountable for it. I think that is the hardest thing to wrap our heads around.

We think rationally. We have compassion. A conscience. Empathy. Remorse and guilt. Sadly, there are many, many out there that do not "have it". Most likely never did. There are truly evil people out there and no matter how badly we would like to believe they can "think like us", they absolutely cannot. That is life reality. That is the hardest thing to grasp and understand.

If their crime does ever cross their mind, I have no doubt it is, "what could I have done better".

He's to blame for his actions and consequences. He gave up his life...didn't have to go this way.

I know I've said this at least two or three times during the course of this thread. I don't believe God gives anyone the right to take another person's life. I'm speaking on MORAL rights here, nevermind the legal ones. I know Schwab killed, but that does not give anybody a God-given right to take his life. Two wrongs do NOT make a right. "Legal execution" just means they hid behind the law to stoop to his level. All IMO, of course.
Well the thing is that the DP is legal right and NOT moral ones. I believe an Eye for an Eye, the Bible talks about that. If he was back in the Bible days they would have done killed him anyway for his crime.

They weren't hiding. It was all in plain sight. It was the monster who tortured the baby who did all the hiding. I happen to believe in the God who had no problems showing people who was boss. After all methods of execution are God given. He gave us the ability to take care of business.

And in China, Iran, Pakistan...stellar company we're keeping on the issue!:rolleyes:
This is our laws though and they know it, so when he chose to rape, sodomize and torture this child he should have thought "maybe I am going to die" but he commited it anyway and its time to pay.

except when it comes to taking his life- then you disagree and say it is the same

His life wasn't taken in the same manner as Junny's, if that is what you are asking. The US was more humane when it killed Schwab than he was when he killed Junny. But, yes - the end result of a dead human being is the same. Sow death, reap death. And so it goes.

No. I highly doubt that. Have you ever considered that perhaps the Higher Power was with this Judge and Jury? Never forget the possiblities of the "other" side.

And in China, Iran, Pakistan...stellar company we're keeping on the issue!:rolleyes:

We're???? We WHO? Have you watched any of the executions done in any of those places you mentioned? They don't have anything to do with the way we execute prisoners. Not to mention the fact that in those countries, they don't have the 20-year appeals process, free attorneys, etc. So, feel free to talk about other countries, but don't try and kid yourself into believing that WE have anything alike.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back