GUILTY FL - Markeis McGlockton, killed following parking dispute, Clearwater, 19 July 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well we all see cases and evidence differently and I stand by my opinion. :)

Well we all see cases and evidence differently and I stand by my opinion. :)
You can have your opinion,

but it goes against all the medical evidence, Autopsy results, camera footage, aggressive and threatening history of the shooter,

But ignoring the facts is the most American thing to do right now apparently.

I agree you see some cases differently.

You can have your opinion,

but it goes against all the medical evidence, Autopsy results, camera footage, aggressive and threatening history of the shooter,

But ignoring the facts is the most American thing to do right now apparently.

I agree you see some cases differently.

I can’t bold on my phone, but your American way comment? Don’t patronize me. I’ve seen the video. I’ve read the threads AND evidence. You’ve disagreed with EVERYONE who doesn’t agree with YOU. You will not run me over. :) :) :)

I can’t bold on my phone, but your American way comment? Don’t patronize me. I’ve seen the video. I’ve read the threads AND evidence. You’ve disagreed with EVERYONE who doesn’t agree with YOU. You will not run me over. :) :) :)

Excuse me?

Im going by facts. Im sorry you dont like them.

The autopsy and video and CHARGES against him prove that Mcglockton was walking away when he was shot in the SIDE. The articles say so.

"An autopsy conducted on McGlockton indicates the bullet traveled at a slightly upward angle, consistent with video that appears to show him backing up and turning away from the shooter."

Just like your opinion that the facts dont matter, my opinion is that facts get overlooked more and more nowadays.

I also have less posts than you and twice the likes. So I think ALOT of people agree with my fact based opinions on threads.

Have a good night.

I think we all know where a pissing contest (excuse my German) will take this thread. It’s the nature of a discussion forum to discuss. But is there really a need for confirmation bias or to convince someone who is very opinionated?

My opinion is this: Drejka‘s defense seems to be going for character assassination of McGlockton. I do not condone domestic violence, neither do I want to paint McGlockton as a saint but, seriously, what does that have to do with this specific situation at the parking space, unless Drejka knew McGlockton? For all we know, Drejka didn’t know if McGlockton was a drug-dealing pimp or a law-abiding chorister. After all, McGlockton did step back (confirmed by the autopsy results). I‘m sure Drejka‘s history of making threats will also come up during trial which IMO is not irrelevant because it shows he initiated confrontations with people parking at the wrong place and even threatening them with a gun. I don’t know how drugs in McGlockton‘s system would impact Drejka’s actions. If I shoot someone, does it matter if he was using?

Maybe a lawyer can chime in on his girlfriend saying ”My boyfriend will *advertiser censored** you up“. Yeah, I can see he felt threatened then, but those were her words, followed by a simple shove. McGlockton didn’t even punch him in the face.

I‘m really looking forward to how this will play out at court.

What really makes me mad is everyone is so quick to throw the racial card out there, when there’s absolutely no proof of it. I’ve seen it being brought up in other cases as well. We still see what happens when this case goes to trial.

What gets me mad is when people willingly dismiss the facts and jump to character assassination for some weird reason. Like the whole stupid false statements mcgkockton was bigger than drejka. Drejka was almost twice the size.

Seems to only happen to certain people... mcglockton, botham jean, Trayvon martin, tamir rice....hmm

Facts matter. And it will in this case when drejka is found guilty.

I think we all know where a pissing contest (excuse my German) will take this thread. It’s the nature of a discussion forum to discuss. But is there really a need for confirmation bias or to convince someone who is very opinionated?

My opinion is this: Drejka‘s defense seems to be going for character assassination of McGlockton. I do not condone domestic violence, neither do I want to paint McGlockton as a saint but, seriously, what does that have to do with this specific situation at the parking space, unless Drejka knew McGlockton? For all we know, Drejka didn’t know if McGlockton was a drug-dealing pimp or a law-abiding chorister. After all, McGlockton did step back (confirmed by the autopsy results). I‘m sure Drejka‘s history of making threats will also come up during trial which IMO is not irrelevant because it shows he initiated confrontations with people parking at the wrong place and even threatening them with a gun. I don’t know how drugs in McGlockton‘s system would impact Drejka’s actions. If I shoot someone, does it matter if he was using?

Maybe a lawyer can chime in on his girlfriend saying ”My boyfriend will *advertiser censored** you up“. Yeah, I can see he felt threatened then, but those were her words, followed by a simple shove. McGlockton didn’t even punch him in the face.

I‘m really looking forward to how this will play out at court.
Not really a "legal" interpretation per se, but as an attorney who works in litigation and with jurors, if a witness does in fact testify during trial that the woman said her boyfriend would "kill" him, I think it will influence jurors on whether or not his actions were reasonable.

If I were a juror, personally, I would not see that as providing a reasonable juestification though. I feel he should be convicted for the killing.

Girlfriend of victim in Clearwater parking lot shooting is pregnant with his child
December 21, 2018
CLEARWATER — The girlfriend of Markeis McGlockton is pregnant with his child, five months after he was shot and killed in a parking lot confrontation that touched off national debates over Florida’s polarizing stand your ground law, she and her attorneys announced Friday.

Britany Jacobs did not know at the time of the shooting that she was pregnant, said lawyer Benjamin Crump. She and McGlockton have three other children.
[...]
Jacobs, stood nervously bouncing on her left leg, rubbing her fingers together at her side, below a large bump around her belly, is due Feb. 9, with a boy, and does not know what she will name the baby.
[...]

Girlfriend of victim in Clearwater parking lot shooting is pregnant with his child
December 21, 2018
CLEARWATER — The girlfriend of Markeis McGlockton is pregnant with his child, five months after he was shot and killed in a parking lot confrontation that touched off national debates over Florida’s polarizing stand your ground law, she and her attorneys announced Friday.

Britany Jacobs did not know at the time of the shooting that she was pregnant, said lawyer Benjamin Crump. She and McGlockton have three other children.
[...]
Jacobs, stood nervously bouncing on her left leg, rubbing her fingers together at her side, below a large bump around her belly, is due Feb. 9, with a boy, and does not know what she will name the baby.
[...]
So she would have been about 10-11 weeks pregnant when Markeis was killed. That poor woman, that poor child. This just keeps getting more tragic IMO.

I would honestly be terrified if someone pointed a gun at me while driving.
The girlfriend and her children were parked in a Handicapped Parking Space. Had she not been parked illegally, this incident wouldn't have happened. She didn't access the store, her boyfriend did. If he didn't want to walk the distance into the store, she could have easily dropped him in front of the door, parked and when he exited pull up.
It may seem parking in the handicapped space was a minor offense. How many times have the handicapped been unable to park, because someone uses the designated spot for convenience.
For many disabled persons requiring a spot to access their wheelchair or assistive device, this is more than an inconvenience. The insensitivity of someone parking in a spot for convenience. Please, the entitlement is beyond words.

What really makes me mad is everyone is so quick to throw the racial card out there, when there’s absolutely no proof of it. I’ve seen it being brought up in other cases as well. We still see what happens when this case goes to trial.
Funny you should mention this. Initially, local coverage reported the incident without mentioning race. Buzz on the street was good thing it was 2 white men because if a black man was shot the race card would be played. As soon as the video was released, it was.
It had nothing to do with race. Nothing. NAACP lawyer immediately became visible.
Why does everyone jump to the race defense.

Did everyone see the force the deceased used on the plaintiff. That was confrontational.

The girlfriend and her children were parked in a Handicapped Parking Space. Had she not been parked illegally, this incident wouldn't have happened. She didn't access the store, her boyfriend did. If he didn't want to walk the distance into the store, she could have easily dropped him in front of the door, parked and when he exited pull up.
It may seem parking in the handicapped space was a minor offense. How many times have the handicapped been unable to park, because someone uses the designated spot for convenience.
For many disabled persons requiring a spot to access their wheelchair or assistive device, this is more than an inconvenience. The insensitivity of someone parking in a spot for convenience. Please, the entitlement is beyond words.
The post you replied to referred to those incidents:
A woman drove too slow through a school zone

On December 12, 2012, a woman told a Largo Police Department officer that a man driving a black Toyota truck, later identified as Drejka, pointed a gun at her and the passengers in the vehicle.

The woman pointed out the truck to the officer. The officer spoke with Drejka, documents said, and he told the officer the woman was driving too slow through a school zone.
A teen didn't drive through a yellow light

On January 10, 2012, Tyler Smith, 18, was driving with a friend when a traffic light turned yellow. Smith decided not to drive through the light and stopped his vehicle.

A truck, driven by Drejka, was behind Smith. Drejka honked his horn, documents said, and yelled at Smith. Drejka held a black handgun out the driver's side window of his vehicle and motioned for Smith to walk back to his truck, documents said. Drejka then followed the teen's vehicle, passed it and slammed on his brakes, according to police reports.
Speaking of entitlement and dangerous conduct, don’t point a gun at someone who drives too slow through a school zone. Do not draw a gun and intimidate someone who doesn’t want to drive through a yellow light.

If someone is parking in the wrong spot, I think the right thing to do is inform the proper authorities and let them handle it instead of taking the law in your own hand, wouldn’t you agree? Applying your reasoning, if Drejka hadn’t played wannabe cop, McGlockton would still be alive and he wouldn’t be in jail. :)

The post you replied to referred to those incidents:

Speaking of entitlement and dangerous conduct, don’t point a gun at someone who drives too slow through a school zone. Do not draw a gun and intimidate someone who doesn’t want to drive through a yellow light.

If someone is parking in the wrong spot, I think the right thing to do is inform the proper authorities and let them handle it instead of taking the law in your own hand, wouldn’t you agree? Applying your reasoning, if Drejka hadn’t played wannabe cop, McGlockton would still be alive and he wouldn’t be in jail. :)
The incident began when the girlfriend parked illegally. There would have been no confrontation if she had parked properly.

We are different. Fiercely so. We are Florida.

We know how the rest of the world views Florida and its nutty antics, but what have the events of the past year taught us about ourselves? A little bit of self-analysis Sunshine State-style.

[...]

The Markeis McGlockton shooting

How is it possible that so many people could watch the exact same video and see two completely different stories? It would be understandable if we were to lean in one direction or another, but this incident produced an all-in or all-out reaction.

One side saw a wannabe vigilante killing a father who was merely protecting his family. The other side saw a violent instigator get what he had coming. There was little middle ground or nuance to be had.

It is not a stretch to trace this division in perspectives back to Florida’s “stand your ground’’ statute. It’s not just the legal implications of the law, but the way it has invaded our psyches.

For those who see a world full of lawlessness, it is a comforting equalizer. For those who favor stricter gun control, the law encourages an armed society.

[...]

Are people really trying to put the blame on the victim just because they parked in a disabled parking spot? Yes, it's a bad thing to do. I've experienced the frustration of not being able to find a parking spot when with my (now passed) disabled grandmother due to people parking where they shouldn't. That does not mean anyone has the right to bring out a gun and/or threaten those parked in the wrong places. And it doesn't mean that if the parker gets shot unprovoked, it's somehow in any way their fault. The penalty for parking in a disabled spot when not disabled is not death.

We had a case that was slightly similar in the UK once. It was on a documentary about cases where the victim dies with just one punch, and the punishments given. A man parked in a disabled spot at a supermarket with his wife, and went in to get some shopping - I think he only wanted a couple of things. There was a valid disabled badge displayed on the car. But another man took issue with this, as the man didn't appear to be disabled. The guy thought the man's badge must be fake or stolen. He punched the man, and the man died from that single punch. The puncher then lied to the police, saying the man had come at him, and he'd only been protecting himself. The CCTV told the real story of the unprovoked attack.

The badge, it transpired, belonged to the man's wife, who was disabled - and with him at the time, so it was perfectly legal. Even if you suspect someone might be illegally parking in a disabled spot, that might not really be the case. Some disabilities are invisible, and sometimes one's disabled badge might be out of sight. Mcglockton shouldn't have been parked there, but surely the shooter had no way of knowing that for sure prior to confrontation? Regardless of Mcglockton's parking actions, the shooter should not have taken the actions he did.

MOO.

Glad I won't be on this jury. I can see both sides. IIRC, he didn't pull the gun until he'd been "pushed" to the ground?

If he'd just displayed the gun and let the man run away we wouldn't be here...moo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back