FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse nightclub, Orlando, 12 June 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also heard they called in every surgeon with privileges at the hospital, including pediatric surgeons. Likely they also offered "emergency privileges" to any available surgeons or anesthetists/ anesthesiologists from neighboring communities, who didn't have official privileges in that hospital. The hospital administrator usually has the authority to do that in emergencies. I've been involved in that in my area.

Online sources indicate Orlando Regional Medical Center has 21 operating rooms.

http://www.orlandohealth.com/news-and-events/news/ormc-surgical-areas-add-more-ors

Per Fox, a secondary call has gone out for people to aid those waiting in line to donate blood. The lines are very long, and the weather is very hot. They are requesting water, food, chairs and umbrellas.

I can't imagine trying to find enough OR crews to staff 21 OR's at about 4 am. And sterile supply-- imagine packing and pulling instruments for 21 trauma cases all at once.

Anesthesia meds. Equipment. etc. The military trains for this, but civilians are just starting to come on board with actual, functional mass casualty plans, and staging equipment.

This is not about guns or religion or politics. This is about HATE! If you hate anyone enough to want to kill 100 people, then YOU are the problem. Take yourself out and let the rest of us live in peace, for God's sake !

Here is the chain link fence I was referring to. There is a outside balcony .

Pulse-Nightclub-in-Orlando.jpg

goggle images

So if they are in a crowd delivering the perfect heart shot or head shot becomes much easier? Or hitting them multiple times to cause lethal exsanguination?

It becomes MORE difficult because you can't see what you are hitting when firing into a mass of bodies. Shot placement is everything. If it were easy cops wouldn't fire off a dozen rounds at a time when they have to take down a single person.

(But I get it, people think bullets are magic, I won't keep trying to explain the reality).

Especially when there hostages in there. But the video shows that is what happened??

I can't imagine trying to find enough OR crews to staff 21 OR's at about 4 am. And sterile supply-- imagine packing and pulling instruments for 21 trauma cases all at once.

Anesthesia meds. Equipment. etc. The military trains for this, but civilians are just starting to come on board with actual, functional mass casualty plans, and staging equipment.

It has to be total chaos. I imagine that's why they are on lock down. Blessings to the medical providers and first responders. I really can't imagine. :(

The senior law enforcement source reports that Mateen became a person of interest in 2013 and again in 2014. The Federal Bureau of Investigation at one point opened an investigation on Mateen but subsequently closed the case when it produced nothing that appeared to warrant further investigation.
“He’s a known quantity,” the source said. “He’s been on the radar before."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/12/omar-mateen-id-d-as-orlando-killer.html

Everytime we have one of these, after about an hour media starts on all this "security" stuff..

Its a soft target, so was last night. Batman was a soft target. We do not have a capacity to guard everywhere. IMO we have to accept this reality

The club draws a young demo. This is Orlando, not exactly an elightened (if you know what I mean!)

Somewhat bothersome that media is freely shooting video of these kids. They might not be out. Their employers might have some issues with our livestyle. Parents may not know.

Neighbors may be homophobes

For a young person to "come "out" to family by being on stretcher on the local news, being transported from a gay club is not be the ideal way to go through the coming out "process"

moo

I went to gay clubs all the time in my youth and I am not gay. Gay clubs are very inclusive!!

Prayers to all the victims, their families, and to those that witnessed this event. I cannot even imagine the pain they are experiencing today, and the time it will take for them to heal from such an event.

I remember a few years back, WFTV (I think) had an investigative reporter do a story on an Islamic Scholar (IMAM) speaking at one of the Islamic Centers in Orlando re: Gays/Lesbians. He was saying that we must kill gays out of compassion for them because that's the only way they'll get to heaven. (paraphrasing)

There's a video out there but I can't find one that will be acceptable here yet. Still looking. I know it was on MSM, though. Pretty sure it was WFTV.

Just posting this to help people understand how Islam views gays/lesbians.

I will never complain about slow news days again. This is horrific. How can anyone have so much hate inside them?

I remember a few years back, WFTV (I think) had an investigative reporter do a story on an Islamic Scholar (IMAM) speaking at one of the Islamic Centers in Orlando re: Gays/Lesbians. He was saying that we must kill gays out of compassion for them because that's the only way they'll get to heaven. (paraphrasing)

There's a video out there but I can't find one that will be acceptable here yet. Still looking. I know it was on MSM, though. Pretty sure it was WFTV.

Just posting this to help people understand how Islam views gays/lesbians.

https://usapost.org/video/gays-must-die-says-speaker-at-orlando-mosque-wftv-9-orlando-report-youtube

Found one that I think will be acceptable. The video is from MSM.

Btw, killer was messed up long before he saw two men kissing. Go away dad! This has everything to do with religion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The state of Florida requires upwards of 68 hours of provisional training classes and various certifications to become a licensed armed security guard.

[h=2]Individual Courses[/h][h=3]D Training - $157.00[/h]Unarmed Security Guard License
(40 Hour Course)
Schedule & Calendar

[h=3]D Part II Training - $82.00[/h]Unarmed Security Guard License
(16 Hour Course)
Schedule & Calendar

[h=3]G Training - $197.00[/h]Armed Security Guard License
(28 Hour Course)
Schedule & Calendar

[h=3]G Annual Re-qual Training - $107.00[/h]Armed Security Guard License
(4 Hour Course)
Schedule & Calendar

[h=2]Combo Courses[/h][h=3]Total Package - FL - $332.00[/h]Unarmed & Armed Security Guard License
(68 Hour Course)
Schedule & Calendar

http://www.floridasecuritylicense.com/security-guard-training/orlando-security-license/

Licensing is overseen by the The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Licensing. Before you can apply, you must:

• Be at least 18 years old.
  • Be a citizen or legal resident alien of the U.S. or have been granted authority to work in the U.S. by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
  • Complete the required security guard training.
[h=3]Required Training Experience[/h]Before you can apply, you must first complete a minimum of 40 hours of professional training by a Security Officer School or Training Facility licensed by the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
The training may be obtained by one of the following methods:

• Successful completion of 40 hours of training before you submit your initial application, or
  • Successful completion of 24 hours of training before you submit your initial application and successful completion of 16 hours of training within 180 days of the date your application was submitted to the Division of Licensing.

[h=3]Also Required with Your Application[/h]
  • Proof of training.
  • A passport style photograph.
  • A legible set of fingerprints on a fingerprint card provided by the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
  • Fees
[h=3]Fees[/h]There is a $45 licensing fee, as well as a $42 fingerprint car processing fee. They can only be paid by money order, cashier’s check or a company check payable to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.

http://www.securityguardtraininghq.com/security-guard-training-florida/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member