FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse Nightclub, Orlando 12 June 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, just Google! I swear!I am pretty surprised Westboro has their phone number public. ETA. Disgusting people.https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/86013966/A representative for the fundamentalist Westboro Baptist Church told USA TODAY that its members plan to picket Saturday outside the funeral for two of the victims of last Sunday's shooting massacre at a gay nightclub in Orlando.Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
LOL is right when I read that last night - I was thinking what is the FBI running a secret *advertiser censored* line?? Did YOU have sex with Omar? Describe in detail, and whisper if you will! Talk dirty, but I was so reeling

As you know my dear this was a very personal thing to me. Is that site real??The fake name of the name really confuses me - that is just dumb stuff! imoI looked around a bit this Am and realized I amtoo confused all I can say (without a real good slueth!) is that guy did not come up - BUT I did not go long- truthfully Blue coming across that article broke my heart- this is so not a terrorist Too sick to be one !!

Ohhh.. you mean the Westboro site. It's real but it's best to ignore them. No one should be reading their ****.

Yeah, it was. Let's pretend I shared it just to be funny. :)Does confessing I was two drinks in make it better or worse?

That is funny!

Come on BLue two drinks. We are heavy weights here! No two-- 4 maybe== 6 your off the hook come on lightweight !!!

Sip up!

I felt so badly for all of us regarding this hoax. I fell for it too. It really upset my day today when I found out.

But, I calm myself by knowing at least I didn't fall for the Gilberthorpe lie. :therethere:

I felt so badly for all of us regarding this hoax. I fell for it too. It really upset my day today when I found out.

But, I calm myself by knowing at least I didn't fall for the Gilberthorpe lie. :therethere:

It's like getting Rick Rolled with info. I was waiting for some kind of confirmation. If you recall, early on just after his savage attack, there were some vague accounts of the exchange between the current wife, who was said in MSM to have driven him to or around club in the past, which echoed those texts, IIRC. I guess, given a choice between sexual identity as a trigger verses terrorism, which would be easier to swallow as a wife? Either way a natural reaction would be distancing.

I felt so badly for all of us regarding this hoax. I fell for it too. It really upset my day today when I found out. But, I calm myself by knowing at least I didn't fall for the Gilberthorpe lie. :therethere:
HeyThis helped me cause this morning was very upsetting, and I felt like I do not understand why this is so bothersome. Bit freaky Lunestaing off thinking of fraud logos!

And that author on Snopes still bothers me, but decided I will sleuth that out later,this morning I thought I am gonna leave it alone for a bit! . there ARE still things in the piece that are accurate--FBI finding and talking to the lover so soon and being silent.

There was no presser stating that the FBI found someone that "claimed" to be his lover. They never f/u with wives blatant statement that she was told to keep his sexual proclivities from the American (found that interesting right when she said it). There remain a multitude of individuals (no gains for saying this) that they had seen him at clubs. No reason for a childhood friend to say they went out to gay bars.

There is no gain for all these people to make these statements. I think I was upset with myself as it all was happening,to totally believe the guys who stated he had been there a lot, cause that would have resulted in me posting I can understand others remembering him cause he was handsome. Understandably, it was hard to acknowledge that reality earlier .

If I was younger i would have approached him in a bar setting. Just the truth. Faded a bit when I saw the BP video he gave me the creeps - but ,from a distance, I would have remembered him being in a club. And to this day, there is no reason why so many would state that to the world.I think at the time, the Grindr guys surprised me more than they do now.

Cause most people o nJOey thread thought it was "bad" that Joey was active on Grindr - maybe it is cause I am gay, but I certainly remember being driven three decades ago.Its age, still don't quite "get it"- not in a sexual way, just have so many fond memories of the bars, cruising "live" drinking dancing etc.

I do not get Justin (neighbor) just (we have discussed it I feel like an old daddy!) not being scared to just go over strangers homes or have people come to yours. I have since learned it really is not like they meet in a public place first- generally - it only takes one homophobic Justin for it to be a mistake! He feels totally invincible, and he is wildly bright- IMO that is just flat out stupid, sorry.We are typing here - but we are not dancing to get naked with one another.

I just cant imagine "typing" to want to have someone come over for sex. The face to face flirting was fun and interesting. Even back in my day we had classified ads, I did like 5 of them - always meeting in a public place first. There are funny tales there. One dude claimed his hair was thinning and I walked up to Telly Salvadas in a retuarnat! One dude described himself as a bit chunky,

I walked up to morbidly obese gentleman, and one claimed he did not drink and could barely stand up when I got there!

My thinking during these adventures was alway whatever , you wanna tell someone that your a neurosurgeon instead of making quarter pounders- whatever - but what on earth could make these people think that total lies about overt seeable physical descriptions are a total lie.

Walking up to Telly Slavadas, I certainly knew I am not going home with him - he is a liar - what else were you all lying about - NEVER made any sense to me digress ...tendency of mine

!It was not actually until Joey that learned about Grindr stuff and how popular they are with this generation, and went to my neighbor and that is really pretty much what he uses.

Up to that point, I was always confused cause he had stated he really does not like clubs, but knew out of any of them, when he went out he went go Pulse - he is 22 fits.

So glad I knew he was at a music conference that Sunday when I woke up to this.And ya all got to remember this was , just 24 hours earlier, the Voice singer at the Plaza . I had been to both places, really messes ya up.

You guys are my therapist!

In terms of putting today in perspective, it truly is not a rule out for any of us who believe this was a hate crime and a mass murder, by a mentally disturbed self-hating gay man.

One has to havr some serious issues if ones first wives family is doing a SWAT team extraction of their daughter cause they are so scared of him - that, in and of itself, IMO, is more than telling as it relates to the acuity of his instability.

moo

It's like getting Rick Rolled with info. I was waiting for some kind of confirmation. If you recall, early on just after his savage attack, there were some vague accounts of the exchange between the current wife, who was said in MSM to have driven him to or around club in the past, which echoed those texts, IIRC. I guess, given a choice between sexual identity as a trigger verses terrorism, which would be easier to swallow as a wife? Either way a natural reaction would be distancing.
be easier to swallow as a wife? That is a striking question!

be easier to swallow as a wife? That is a striking question!

Before the attack on Pulse I think finding out he was gay much easier to accept and deal with than finding out he was a terrorist.

Probably the same after because how could you even get past what he'd done? I think finding out he was gay would be more confusing, like he should be able to tell his wife that but of course he's not going to blab if he's a terrorist about to launch an attack.

Before the attack on Pulse I think finding out he was gay much easier to accept and deal with than finding out he was a terrorist.

Probably the same after because how could you even get past what he'd done? I think finding out he was gay would be more confusing, like he should be able to tell his wife that but of course he's not going to blab if he's a terrorist about to launch an attack.

But, what if he told his wife being gay was a cover for being a terrorist, at some point (very wildly speculating on two unrelated pieces of information, and in the case of his being driven around by her to the club, unconfirmed) which would make some sense of the reports in MSM that she at some point drove him there.

CARIIS, you're a true trooper. Thank you. You have my admiration.

The severity of disapproval with which his self identification as gay may have been met with by any member of his family, spouse or otherwise, would have been a constant in his life he may have tried to cope with, badly as he did, for a long time.

Given the vulnerable position that would have put him in as he identified with a severe Islamic cause,

and given that he is not the only such terrorist attacker with such issues,

could it be a theme that is being harped on radical websites etc, aimed at provoking such individuals with conflicted personalities to act to prove themselves, as a tactic?

If that is that case, and I am not saying that it is, but if it is, then who would be the most influential individuals in that person's life who could make the most of that conflict?

But, what if he told his wife being gay was a cover for being a terrorist, at some point (very wildly speculating on two unrelated pieces of information, and in the case of his being driven around by her to the club, unconfirmed) which would make some sense of the reports in MSM that she at some point drove him there.CARIIS, you're a true trooper. Thank you.

You have my admiration.The severity of disapproval with which his self identification as gay may have been met with by any member of his family, spouse or otherwise, would have been a constant in his life he may have tried to cope with, badly as he did, for a long time.

Given the vulnerable position that would have put him in as he identified with a severe Islamic cause,and given that he is not the only such terrorist attacker with such issues, could it be a theme that is being harped on radical websites etc, aimed at provoking such individuals with conflicted personalities to act to prove themselves, as a tactic?If that is that case, and I am not saying that it is, but if it is, then who would be the most influential individuals in that person's life who could make the most of that conflict?

Is anyone having this problem? It just started like a week ago. When typing a post in paragraphs, when you summit it comes back without sentences being broken up into paragraphs. Then having to go back and just randomly separate them - IMO posts are easier to read when seperated-- anyone?

TY- From the beginning I never really "got" the wife had driven him to Pulse several times just flat out Strange and a rumor. First, how would they know that? It is not like it is down the street!

So, the notion is his wife would drive her husband, to a gay bar, an hour and half away? Why would a 29-year-old adult need to his wife to drive him to a club? An individual planning on using a machine gun to murder as many people as possible, I would think, would not say "Honey, let drive by the club I am going to commit a mass shooting.It makes no sense at all. It never did.moo.What reason would she need to know the location? What is the motivation for Omar to do that - he was bipolar, not stupid!

The story then blossomed into she had driven him to Pulse more than once. So what is she doing from 10-2 in the morning while he is cruising the bar? Waiting the parking lot! Malls close at 9. Drive around aimlessly? Eat for 4 hours?I would assume ones spouse has "better" things to do than chaperone her husband to a gay club in another city. He is a big boy and has a license. What is the comfort level of the conversation on the way home? so, honey did you enjoy Bob last night! The angle about both of them doing gay days together is not out of the norm. A lot of heterosexuals go to Disney on gay days - it is quite an experience, festive and just a hoot. There are, thankfully a bunch of heterosexuals , who do not think gay folks need to have their heads seperated from, their shoulders! It is a legenday "event".

Gets all kinds of news coverage each year. Huge money maker for the city. The first couple of times it was a huge ordeal met with much scorn! Generally speaking, gay men have intense relationships with straight woman. We can gossip! We can cruise men together. Many females would much rather go out to a gay bar and party - they don't have to deal with a bunch of men hitting on them- when all they really want to do is go out and drink and dance. So, his wife attending gay days at Disney becoming this massive terrorist scouting event sounded moronic to me from the day the media started with that silliness.

The media then added the angle that Disney security caught them scouting out places within the park. What do terrorists scouting out shooting locations "look " like on a security camera in a setting that is packed ? "All units, please be aware that we have a man and a woman looking for a location to commit a mass shooting - all units report! Its an absurdity imo.A security guard having an interest in guns just does not seem that odd. The spouse was accustimed to having a gun in her house.

A man being with his wife while purchasing a gun is just not that "odd" a deal. The whole "ordeal" is a quarter of day activity. 90 minutes driving and 4 hours of waiting time. The hotel the lover and he met at (I looked it back then ) was like 20 minutes away from Pulse - that makes sense as far as crusing, meeting someone you decided to trick with, is, the following morning, logical to drive the guy back to his car at Pulse.

All along I found him having no criminal history intersting considering his DV history. The only thing I could come up with they were so mortified that he might actually kill em if they called the cops on him, or could it have been some of cultural beliefs regarding a female roles. NOthing has been said about the child either??????

[video=youtube;yw5D_e07kDM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw5D_e07kDM[/video]

totally o/t but fascinating

[h=4]A psychological guide to your dog’s dreams, emotions, 
interests, and 
tail-wagging 
body language[/h]

Your canine companion slumbers by your side, but is she dreaming of you? Does she feel guilty about stealing your steak off the kitchen counter and eating it for dinner? What is she trying to say with that annoying bark? Does she like watching TV?
After decades of research, neuroscientists have begun to answer such questions, giving us access to the once-secret inner lives of our canine companions and even translating their barks and wags so mere humans can comprehend them.
At the forefront of this effort is Stanley Coren, a behaviorist from the University of British Columbia, who draws on decades of research to explore the psychological motivations behind dogs’ everyday behaviors, as well as what science says about their barks, thoughts, and dreams.
Do Dogs Experience the Same Emotions as People?
Dogs have the same brain structures that produce emotions in humans. They have the same hormones and undergo the same chemical changes that humans do during emotional states. Dogs even have the hormone oxytocin, which in humans is involved with love and affection. So it seems reasonable to suggest that dogs also have emotions similar to ours. However, it is important not to go overboard:The mind of a dog is roughly equivalent to that of a human who is 2 to 2½ years old. A child that age clearly has emotions, but not all possible emotions, since many emerge later in the path to adulthood.
Dogs go through their developmental stages much more quickly than humans do, attaining their full emotional range by the time they are 4 to 6 months old. Much like a human toddler, a dog has the basic emotions: joy, fear, anger, disgust, excitement, contentment, distress, and even love. A dog does not have, and will not develop, more complex emotions, like guilt, pride, contempt, and shame, however.
You might argue that your dog has shown evidence of feeling guilt. In the usual scenario, you come home and your dog starts slinking around and showing discomfort, and you then find his smelly brown deposit on your kitchen floor. It is natural to conclude that the dog’s actions show a sense of guilt about its transgression. However, this is simply the more basic emotion of fear. The dog has learned that when you appear and his droppings are visible on the floor, bad things happen to him. What you see is the dog’s fear of punishment; he will never feel guilt. He will also never feel shame, so feel free to dress him in that ridiculous party costume.
Why Dogs Prefer HDTV

FROM THE JULY-AUGUST 2012 ISSUE
[h=1]What Is Your Dog Thinking?[/h][h=4]A psychological guide to your dog’s dreams, emotions, 
interests, and 
tail-wagging 
body language.[/h]By Stanley Coren|Wednesday, September 05, 2012
RELATED TAGS: ANIMAL INTELLIGENCE

Denis Kuvaev/Shutterstock

Your canine companion slumbers by your side, but is she dreaming of you? Does she feel guilty about stealing your steak off the kitchen counter and eating it for dinner? What is she trying to say with that annoying bark? Does she like watching TV?
After decades of research, neuroscientists have begun to answer such questions, giving us access to the once-secret inner lives of our canine companions and even translating their barks and wags so mere humans can comprehend them.
At the forefront of this effort is Stanley Coren, a behaviorist from the University of British Columbia, who draws on decades of research to explore the psychological motivations behind dogs’ everyday behaviors, as well as what science says about their barks, thoughts, and dreams.
Do Dogs Experience the Same Emotions as People?
Dogs have the same brain structures that produce emotions in humans. They have the same hormones and undergo the same chemical changes that humans do during emotional states. Dogs even have the hormone oxytocin, which in humans is involved with love and affection. So it seems reasonable to suggest that dogs also have emotions similar to ours. However, it is important not to go overboard:The mind of a dog is roughly equivalent to that of a human who is 2 to 2½ years old. A child that age clearly has emotions, but not all possible emotions, since many emerge later in the path to adulthood.
Dogs go through their developmental stages much more quickly than humans do, attaining their full emotional range by the time they are 4 to 6 months old. Much like a human toddler, a dog has the basic emotions: joy, fear, anger, disgust, excitement, contentment, distress, and even love. A dog does not have, and will not develop, more complex emotions, like guilt, pride, contempt, and shame, however.
You might argue that your dog has shown evidence of feeling guilt. In the usual scenario, you come home and your dog starts slinking around and showing discomfort, and you then find his smelly brown deposit on your kitchen floor. It is natural to conclude that the dog’s actions show a sense of guilt about its transgression. However, this is simply the more basic emotion of fear. The dog has learned that when you appear and his droppings are visible on the floor, bad things happen to him. What you see is the dog’s fear of punishment; he will never feel guilt. He will also never feel shame, so feel free to dress him in that ridiculous party costume.
Why Dogs Prefer HDTV
Most dogs show little interest in the average television set because of their visual abilities. In its simplest form, a motion seen on the TV screen is just a changing pattern of light across the retina in our eye. The average person cannot see any flickering above 55 cycles per second (55 Hz). But beagles see flicker rates up to 75 Hz—about 50 percent faster than human rates—suggesting dogs perceive motion better than people do.
Television images flicker at about 60 Hz. Since that is above a human’s flicker resolution ability of 55 Hz, the image appears continuous to us and blends smoothly together.
Since dogs can resolve flickers at 75 Hz, images on a TV screen probably appears less real and less worthy of attention. However, since high-resolution digital screens are refreshed at a much higher rate, reports are increasingly surfacing of pooches who become very interested in newer technology HDTVs when a nature show contains images of animals moving.

Shutterstock

Do Dogs Dream?
Many people believe that dogs have dreams. Most dog owners have noticed that at various times during sleep, some dogs may quiver, twitch a leg, even growl or snap at a sleep-created phantom, giving the impression that they are dreaming about something. At the structural level, the brains of dogs are similar to those of humans. In addition, during sleep the brain-wave patterns of dogs are similar to people’s, and they exhibit the same stages of electrical activity that are observed in humans—all of which is consistent with the idea that dogs are dreaming.
Actually, it would be surprising if dogs didn’t dream, since recent evidence suggests that animals simpler and less intelligent than dogs seem to do so. Neuroscientists Matthew Wilson and Kenway Louie of MIT have evidence that the brains of sleeping rats function in a way that irresistibly suggests dreaming. Much of the dreaming you do at night is associated with the activities you engaged in that day. The same seems to be the case in rats. Hence, a rat that ran a maze during the day might be expected to dream about it at night.
From studies of electrical recordings of the rat hippocampus (an area of the brain associated with memory formation and storage), made while the rats were awake and learning a maze, Wilson and Louie found that some electrical patterns were quite specific and identifiable, depending on what the rat was doing. Later, when the rats were asleep and their brain waves indicated that they had entered the stage in which humans normally dream, these same electrical patterns appeared. The patterns were so clear and specific that the researchers were able to tell where in the maze the rat would be if it were awake, and whether it would be moving or standing still.
Since a dog’s brain is more complex than a rat’s and shows the same electrical sequences, it is reasonable to assume that dogs dream as well. There is also evidence that they dream about common dog activities. The human brain stem contains a special structure, the pons, that keeps us from acting out our dreams. When scientists removed or inactivated this same part of the brain in dogs, they observed that the dogs began to move around, even though electrical recordings of the dogs’ brains indicated that they were still fast asleep. The animals started to move only when the brain entered that stage of sleep associated with dreaming. During the course of a dream episode, the dogs actually began to execute the actions they were performing in their dreams. For example, a dreaming pointer may immediately start searching for game, a sleeping springer spaniel may flush an imaginary bird, and a dreaming Doberman pinscher may pick a fight with a dream burglar.
It is an odd fact that small dogs have more dreams than big dogs do. A dog as small as a toy poodle may dream once every 10 minutes, while a large dog like a mastiff or a Great Dane may have about an hour between dreams. On the other hand, the big dog’s dreams last longer.

Shutterstock

Do Dogs Smile?
In the minds of most people, the equivalent of a dog’s smiling is when he is wagging his tail. But there is actually one canine facial expression that comes close to what we mean by smiling in humans. In this expression, slightly opened jaws reveal the dog’s tongue lapping out over his front teeth. Frequently the eyes take on a teardrop shape at the same time, as if being pulled upward slightly at the outer corners. It is a casual expression that is usually seen when the dog is relaxed, playing, or interacting socially, especially with people. The moment any anxiety or stress is introduced, the dog’s mouth closes and you can no longer see the tongue.
Dogs are also capable of laughing, and they typically do so when they are playing. Canine laughter begins with the doggy equivalent of smiling but also includes a sound that is much like panting. Several years ago, animal behaviorist Patricia Simonet at Sierra Nevada College by Lake Tahoe recorded those sounds while dogs played. On analyzing the recordings, she found that they involved a broader range of frequencies than does regular dog panting. In one experiment, Simonet noticed that puppies romped for joy when they heard recordings of these sounds; in another, she was able to show that these same sounds helped to calm dogs in an animal shelter.

Humans can imitate sounds of dog laughter, but it takes conscious monitoring of mouth shape to get the sound pattern right. Producing dog laughter correctly, says Coren, can make your dog sit up, wag his tail, approach you from across the room, and even laugh along.

1. Round your lips slightly to make a “hhuh” sound. Note: The sound has to be breathy with no actual voicing, meaning that if you touch your throat while making this sound, you should not feel any vibration.
  2. Use an open-mouthed smiling expression to make a “hhah” sound. Again, breathe the sound; do not voice it.
  3. Combine steps one and two to create canine laughter. It should sound like “hhuh-hhah-hhuh-hhah.”

[h=2]Dog Decoder[/h]Perhaps the most common misinterpretation of dog behavior is based on the myth that a dog wagging his tail is happy and friendly. Although some tail wags are associated with happiness, others can signal fear or even the warning that you are about to be bitten.
The tail’s position, specifically the height at which it is held, serves as an emotional meter. If the tail is held at a middle height, the dog is relaxed. As the tail position moves up, it is a sign that the dog is becoming more threatening, with a vertical tail being a clearly dominant signal meaning, “I’m boss around here.”
Similarly, barks say a lot about what your dog is thinking. Low-pitched sounds (growls) make the animal seem large and dangerous; they usually indicate anger and the possibility of aggression. High-pitched sounds mean the opposite, a request to be allowed to come closer or a signal from a large dog saying, “It’s safe to approach.”
[h=4]Barks[/h]Sound the alarm A rapid string of two to four barks with pauses between is the most common form of barking. It means, roughly, “There’s something going on that should be checked out.” Continuous barking at a lower pitch and slower suggests the dog senses an imminent problem. It means “Danger is very close. Get ready to defend yourself!”Hey there One or two sharp, short barks of high or midrange pitch is the most typical greeting sound, and it usually replaces alarm barks when a visitor is recognized as friendly. Many people are greeted in this way when they walk through the door. The message is “Hello!”
Let’s hang out A long string of solitary barks with a deliberate pause after each
one is a sign of a lonely dog asking for companionship.
Time for a tussle A stutter bark, which sounds something like “harr-ruff” is usually given with front legs flat on the ground and the rear held high. It means, simply, “Let’s play!”
[h=4]Wags[/h]Salutation A slight tail wag, each swing small, is usually seen during greetings and can be interpreted as a tentative “Hello there” or a hopeful “I’m here.”Satisfaction A broad tail wag is a friendly “I’m not challenging or threatening you.” In many contexts it may also mean “I’m pleased,” and it is the closest thing to the popular conception of the “happiness” wag, especially if the tail seems to drag the dog’s hips.
Confusion A slow wag with tail at “half mast” is less social than most of the other tail signals. Slow wags with the tail in neither a particularly dominant (high) nor submissive (low) position signal insecurity or uncertainty about what to do next.
Fight or flight Small, high-speed tail movements that give the impression of vibrating are a sign that the dog is about to take action (run or fight, usually). If the tail is held high and vibrating, it signals what is most likely an active threat.

Reprinted from Do Dogs Dream?: Nearly Everything Your Dog Wants You to Know by Stanley Coren. Copyright © by Stanley Coren. With the permission of the publisher, W.W. Norton &

http://discovermagazine.com/2012/jul-aug/06-what-is-your-dog-thinking

I thought I had posted this here but I guess not...can anyone tell me how or why his wife was not charged with anything??

And I would hardly go so far as to say he was NOT gay considering the FBI released his last text message where he says he's gay and hates himself.

We don't know why his wife was not charged with anything, but then she would have had to have done something and just being married to him doesn't mean she did anything she could be charged for.

On the other hand, when you previously asked your question (which you did do, by the way) my first thought was of Katherine Russell who was married to Tamerlan Tsarnaev. She was never arrested to my knowledge, she got a criminal defense attorney very early on, I believe she was questioned very intensely by the FBI. I also believe she struck a deal with the government, because if anyone knew what was going on in that case, she certainly had to have had some knowledge. So, it is possible that Omar's wife struck some sort of similar deal.

Those are my thoughts and were my thoughts before we got all wonky there for a bit.

[FONT=&quot] FBI hate-crime statistics, the Southern Poverty Law Center found that “LGBT people are more than twice as likely to be the target of a violent hate-crime than Jews or black people,” said Mark Potok, .......LGBT individuals face a higher risk than other groups of being the victim of an attack. “They are more than four times as likely as Muslims, and almost 14 times as likely as Latinos,” Sexual orientation motivated roughly 20 percent of hate crimes in 2013, [/FONT]according to the FBI[FONT=Lyon Text, Georgia, Times, serif]......

[/FONT]http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/06/the-extraordinarily-common-violence-against-lgbt-people-in-america/486722/[FONT=Lyon Text, Georgia, Times, serif]

[/FONT]

I wonder why the atlantic chose 2013 when 2014 is out and the %'s are different.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/06/16/us/hate-crimes-against-lgbt.html?_r=0

L.G.B.T. People Are More Likely to Be Targets
of Hate Crimes Than Any Other Minority Group

The New York Times
By HAEYOUN PARK and IARYNA MYKHYALYSHYN JUNE 16, 2016

“Even before the shooting rampage at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Fla., lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people were already the most likely targets of hate crimes in America, according to an analysis of data collected by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

L.G.B.T. people are twice as likely to be targeted as African-Americans, and the rate of hate crimes against them has surpassed that of crimes against Jews.

Politicians have been divided on how to define the Orlando tragedy. President Obama called it both “an act of terror and an act of hate.” But some Republican officials have refused to acknowledge that it could be considered a hate crime.

Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the majority leader, has omitted any mention of gays when talking about the massacre, and Representative Pete Sessions of Texas has said the site of the shooting was not a gay club.

According to a CBS News poll released on Wednesday, however, most Americans call the attack both a hate crime and terrorism. And the nightclub, Pulse, on its Twitter account, billed itself as “Orlando’s premier gay ultra lounge, nightclub and bar.””​

We don't know why his wife was not charged with anything, but then she would have had to have done something and just being married to him doesn't mean she did anything she could be charged for.

On the other hand, when you previously asked your question (which you did do, by the way) my first thought was of Katherine Russell who was married to Tamerlan Tsarnaev. She was never arrested to my knowledge, she got a criminal defense attorney very early on, I believe she was questioned very intensely by the FBI. I also believe she struck a deal with the government, because if anyone knew what was going on in that case, she certainly had to have had some knowledge. So, it is possible that Omar's wife struck some sort of similar deal.

Those are my thoughts and were my thoughts before we got all wonky there for a bit.

Thoughts to be treasured, i.b.nora, thank you for sharing them. I'm very late to thread and count on your take. And CARIIS, woof woof! Great post and information on dogs.

Who would have thought that identity itself would become the final frontier in our time, or has it always been that way, and it's just hyper connection that may too easily serve to sharpens differences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay