FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse Nightclub, Orlando 12 June 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Krista M. Torralva@KMTorralva
2m2 minutes ago
Krista M. Torralva Retweeted Gal Tziperman Lotan
Swift insinuated agents planted details in her statements. He pointed to portions that were proven to be false, mainly that Salman and Mateen did not scout Pulse like she said they did.
...Gal Tziperman Lotan@tzigal
Follow Follow @tzigal
"The last thing he told her was a lie, because she didn't know what he was going to do," Swift told jurors.

2m2 minutes ago
To recap, Salman said on June 8 she rode with Mateen as he drove around Pulse for 20 minutes with the windows down. But another FBI agent who didn't take her statement said cellphone data, restaurant receipts and footage of them at a Kissimme mosque disproved that.

35s36 seconds ago
Swift questioned other parts of the statement, including the part Salman allegedly said Mateen showed her Pulse online and said, "This is my target." No evidence on their electronics showed he ever visited the Pulse website.

10m10 minutes ago
And Salman in her statement said she saw Mateen take a handgun from the closet and put it in his holster and cover it with his shirt. But the holsters were found in their apartment and the handgun was under his waistband when he was killed.

10m10 minutes ago
Swift argued agents "changed what she said to fit the evidence."

Jeff Weiner@JeffWeinerOS
7m7 minutes ago
Updated story: #NoorSalman defense says Pulse gunman had no reason to involve his wife — 'Why would he tell her?'
Latest from the #SalmanTrial, via Gal and @KMTorralva at the courthouse: http://bit.ly/2J0hE2n
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14m14 minutes ago
Agents said they didn't give her any information about the attack. "It's pretty obvious she was told about the Pulse," Swift said.

13m13 minutes ago
"Do you know that she knew (of Mateen's plan) beyond a reasonable doubt?" Swift asked jurors. "... You might think she might have or should have (known), but you don't know."

12m12 minutes ago
"She doesn't know. She's not guilty. It's that simple," Swift said. Sweeney should be giving her final statements now. @tzigal will report more after, while the jury deliberates.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
1m1 minute ago
More
"She absolutely did know.... She is cold and callous."
Those are some of the last statements prosecutor Sarah Sweeney made to jurors as she delivered the government's rebuttal just moments ago. #SalmanTrial

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
2m2 minutes ago
Sweeney pointed to the "monologue of excuses" Salman gave to investigators when she was told her husband died committing an act of terror as proof she expected him to.
Sweeney: "Maybe the defendant is simple, but there's one things she's not. She's not stupid." #SalmanTrial

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
29s29 seconds ago
In the rebuttal, prosecutors clearly rejected the continued notion from the defense Noor Salman is not intelligent enough to ever have anything to do with Mateen's terror.
"She has an associates degree, she held several jobs and she takes care of children." #SalmanTrial

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
2m2 minutes ago
Sweeney also rebutted a statement attorney Charles Swift made about law enforcement conducting a conspiracy of sorts to somehow pin the Pulse attack on someone, ultimately charging Salman.
Sweeney: "The evidence of this case completely belies that." #SalmanTrial

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
6m6 minutes ago
Sweeney argued Salman attempted to hid any ties to the crime by deleting texts, got a license June 8 because she knew her husband wouldn't be around after committing the attack and that she was likely "positive and affirming" of him committing that attack. #SalmanTrial

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
5m5 minutes ago
Sweeney followed by calling Salman selfish.
"She doesn't care about anyone but herself and maybe her son."
She went on to say she showed no care at all for the people she allegedly knew her husband would kill. #SalmanTrial

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
3m3 minutes ago
Sweeney to jurors before asking them to return a guilty verdict:
"It's not a hard decision to not aid and abet your husband in mass murder. It doesn't take a genius." #SalmanTrial
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
2m2 minutes ago
US v. Noor Salman is now in the jury's hands.

At 1:42 p.m. today, they left the courtroom to deliberate the case.
#SalmanTrial
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amanda Ober
‏
Verified account@AmandaOberWESH
2m2 minutes ago
BREAKING: The jury in the #SalmanTrial has been released to the jury room to begin deliberations. Judge says they will deliberate until 5 PM today and if they don't reach a verdict..they'll come back tomorrow at 9 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amanda Ober@AmandaOberWESH
4m4 minutes ago
There has been a significant increase in media at the Orlando federal courthouse as the jury in the #SalmanTrial begins its deliberations

DZZLgA0W0AAKA7M.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeff Weiner@JeffWeinerOS
2m2 minutes ago
BREAKING in #SalmanTrial: Jury is now deliberating in the case against Pulse gunman Omar Mateen's widow http://bit.ly/2J0hE2n
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gal Tziperman Lotan@tzigal
10m10 minutes ago
The Noor Salman jury left the courtroom for deliberations at 1:42 p.m. The six alternates were excused but told not to read/watch/listen to any news in case a juror gets sick or has an emergency before they reach a verdict.

Gal Tziperman Lotan@tzigal
9m9 minutes ago
They'll deliberate until 5 p.m. today and come back tomorrow if they need more time -- there's a lot of evidence to go through in this trial.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trial of Pulse shooter's widow closes on key question: Victim or accomplice? (with clip)

"(CNN)Noor Salman was far from an innocent bystander ahead of her husband Omar Mateen's mass shooting in 2016 at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, prosecutors said Wednesday in closing arguments of her federal trial.

"This case is about what she knew and what she did," Assistant US Attorney Sara Sweeney said. "The defendant didn't pull the trigger that night, but she did serve as a green light for her husband."

Defense attorneys countered that Salman was a simple-minded victim and argued the prosecution had shifted its story several times in closing "because they haven't proven their case."..."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/28/us/noor-salman-pulse-trial-closing-arguments/index.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pulse shooter planned to hide rifle in baby stroller and attack Disney Springs, says prosecutors

"During Wednesday's closing arguments, prosecutors at the trial of Noor Salman said that her husband, Pulse shooter Omar Mateen, originally planned to attack Disney Springs by hiding a rifle under a baby doll in a baby stroller.

Federal prosecutors argued that Mateen attacked Pulse instead of Disney Springs because he noticed Orange County sheriff's deputies stationed at the attraction.

Prosecutors said Mateen stopped at a nearby Walmart and purchased a baby stroller and baby doll before heading to Disney Springs. ..."

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs...er-and-attack-disney-springs-says-prosecutors
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DELIBERATIONS UNDERWAY IN NOOR SALMAN TRIAL

"...Assistant U.S. Attorney Sara Sweeney told the jury that Salman "knowingly engaged in misleading conduct" when she spoke with the FBI in the hours after the attack, according to the Associated Press.

But the defense called the planned attack on Disney a "new theory."

The prosecution presented a rebuttal.

“This will be really telling what the evidence really was. Since I wasn't able to come to every day of the trial, now I will be able to see exactly what each side thinks they did prove,” Pulse victim's mother, Christine Leinonen said.

Prosecutors said Salman knew Mateen was buying ammunition, and that she helped him spend money before the attack and knew about his plan when he left home the night he killed 49 people...."

http://www.news965.com/news/local/deliberations-underway-noor-salman-trial/20cNGgwV3ScDBMT1FNlqUM/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Orlando Massacre: These Are the People Who Were Killed at Pulse Nightclub
Here are their stories..."

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/o...o-massacre-what-we-know-about-victims-n591141

6a9a11c60a77e5f2dafb01cccf5738a1--orlando-means-so-much.jpg

(Top row: Juan Ramon Guerrero, Luis Omar Ocasio-Capo, Stanley Almodovar III, Luis Vielma, Edward Sotomayor Jr., Simon Adrian Carrillo Fernandez, Yilmary Rodriguez Solivan |Second Row: Kimberly Morris, Oscar A. Aracena-Montero, Peter Gonzalez-Cruz, Xavier Emmanuel Serrano Rosado, Mercedez Marisol Flores, Brenda Lee Marquez McCool, Javier Jorge-Reyes | Third Row: Luis Daniel Wilson-Leon, Martin Benitez Torres, Eric Ivan Ortiz-Rivera, Franky Jimmy Dejesus Velazquez, Jean Carlos Mendez Perez, Shane Evan Tomlinson, Joel Rayon Paniagua | Fourth Row: Amanda Alvear, Anthony Luis Laureano Disla, Enrique L. Rios, Jonathan Antonio Camuy Vega, Cory James Connell, Antonio Davon Brown, Juan Chavez-Martinez | Fifth Row: Christopher Joseph Sanfeliz, Darryl Roman Burt II, Luis Daniel Conde, Miguel Angel Honorato, Tevin Eugene Crosby, Frank Escalante, Jerald Arthur- Wright | Sixth Row: Leroy Valentin-Fernandez, Rodolfo Ayala-Ayala, Drew (Christopher) Leinonen, Angel L. Candelario-Padro, Paul Terrell Henry, Jason Benjamin Josaphat, Gilberto Ramon Silva Menendez | Seventh Row: Akyra Murray, Geraldo A. Ortiz-Jimenez, Juan Rivera, Deonka Deidra Drayton, Alejandro Barrios Martinez, Eddie Jamoldroy Justice, Jean C. Nives Rodriguez NBC News)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elyna WFTV@encproducer
2h2 hours ago
The statement then goes into the spending leading up to the Pulse attack June 12, 2016. Omar Mateen would buy #NoorSalman jewelry, clothing. He bought a rifle, ammunition #WFTV #NoorSalman #pulse #NoorSalmantrial

WESH 2 News@WESH
2h2 hours ago
Enriquez says she wrote this statement herself: "I am sorry for what happened. I wish I cold go back and tell his family and the police what he was going to do." #SalmanTrial

K.May@KMayUCF
2h2 hours ago
However, at the end of the the interview between Enriquez and Noor Salman she wrote a part of her statement. The last sentence of what she wrote was “ I am sorry for what happened I wish I’d go back and tell his family and the police what he was going to do.” #NoorSalman

Jeff Weiner@JeffWeinerOS
2h2 hours ago
"You get more with honey than you do with vinegar.”

On the stand this morning is FBI Special Agent Ricardo Enriquez, who took crucial statements from #NoorSalman in the hours after Omar Mateen's attack on Pulse.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYqTYIDW0AEmhTp.jpg

WESH 2 News@WESH
2h2 hours ago
Enriquez says Salman told him Omar Mateen was angry and upset for two years before the attack and watched videos about terrorism daily. #SalmanTrial

Jeff Weiner@JeffWeinerOS
2h2 hours ago
#NoorSalman trial: FBI agent testifies about interviews with Pulse gunman's widow http://bit.ly/2IBneYS
Updated with the latest from the #SalmanTrial, via @KMTorralva and @tzigal in the courthouse.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JMO
She knew what he was going to do and she did nothing to stop it. They made all those purchases knowing it was the end for him and she hoped to slide out of this pretending she had no idea. She knew and could have prevented it with a simple phone call.

I havent followed this case closely but from what I just read in prior pages I think she is guilty of some of the charges. Being a sympathiser to a terrorist is one thing but when you know of plans to attack and are actually living with the person that is quite another.

The phone call she made to him about what to tell his mother if she calls is the give away if nothing else. She was telling him how to handle a call and she knew what was going on.

Also there is this from way back

"Enriquez says she wrote this statement herself: "I am sorry for what happened. I wish I cold go back and tell his family and the police what he was going to do." #SalmanTrial"

WSer Pinkdragon's friend

Paul Terrell Henry: 'A loving spirit'

June 24 2016

"Francisco Hernandez plans to go back to school.

That's what his boyfriend, Paul Terrell Henry, would have wanted. Henry, 41, was among the victims of the Pulse nightclub tragedy on June 12.

"He knew I had the potential for greater things,'' a heartbroken Hernandez said. "I had three years of college but didn't finish. He wanted the best for me, to succeed and to help me make something of myself.

"I am definitely going to do that for him. I am going to make something of myself.''

Hernandez said Henry, a St. Petersburg native, loved to dance and have fun. Henry enjoyed spending time at the Bear Den at Parliament House and excelled at pool.

He loved his family, including two children. His daughter, Alexia, recently graduated high school. He also had a son.,,,"

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...613-story.html

57602ef788579.image.jpg

Link: https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.tow...93f-b280-4268c2d8f1e2/57602ef788579.image.jpg
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JMO
She knew what he was going to do and she did nothing to stop it. They made all those purchases knowing it was the end for him and she hoped to slide out of this pretending she had no idea. She knew and could have prevented it with a simple phone call.

I havent followed this case closely but from what I just read in prior pages I think she is guilty of some of the charges. Being a sympathiser to a terrorist is one thing but when you know of plans to attack and are actually living with the person that is quite another.

The phone call she made to him about what to tell his mother if she calls is the give away if nothing else. She was telling him how to handle a call and she knew what was going on.

Also there is this from way back

"Enriquez says she wrote this statement herself: "I am sorry for what happened. I wish I cold go back and tell his family and the police what he was going to do." #SalmanTrial"

I agree- GUILTY...

Amanda Ober@AmandaOberWESH
3m3 minutes ago
Noor Salman's defense on new theory during closing arguments by government:: "All of the sudden for the first time..(They're talking about)...Disney?? The jury will decide if that has any integrity...we don’t believe it does." #salmantrial

DZZUF8nW4AAUFW-.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
1h1 hour ago
Prosecutors are now calling more FBI agents to the stand.

Special Agent Marco Rodriguez conducted the search of Mateen's and Salman's home.
He testified about evidence, such as computers and other devices, taken from their home. #SalmanTrial

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
1h1 hour ago
Also discussed--a photograph of a Father's Day card and gift left out on the dining room table ahead of the search.
Prosecutors point out Father's Day was still a week away, arguing it was out purposely for appearance to suggest Salman didn't know about the attack. #SalmanTrial

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
1h1 hour ago
The defense is arguing that Father's Day card is proof Salman never expected her husband to die a terrorist. The defense also pointed out the card, while photographed, was not taken into evidence during the search. #SalmanTrial

WESH 2 News@WESH
1h1 hour ago
Right now -- FBI agents are testifying about evidence taken from the home of Omar Mateen and Noor Salman.
Also discussed, a Father's Day card that the prosecution and defense have differing arguments about. More here: http://dlvr.it/QLkbvh #SalmanTrial

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
47m47 minutes ago
During a look at what was found on computers seized from Mateen's and Salman's home, the prosecution focused on one Internet search made in particular on June 10: "Can credit card company take money from bank account?" #SalmanTrial

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
44m44 minutes ago
A courtroom housekeeping note -- just now, ahead of the afternoon recess, the prosecution told the judge they expect to wrap up their part of the trial tomorrow or Thursday. The defense will begin their portion Monday. #SalmanTrial
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They stole money from all of us in addition to the murders.

By them racking up all those credit card bills and knowing they were not ever going to pay them off that is one reason why our interest rates on our credit cards are so high. Its people like this that cause it.

"Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
47m47 minutes ago
During a look at what was found on computers seized from Mateen's and Salman's home, the prosecution focused on one Internet search made in particular on June 10: "Can credit card company take money from bank account?" #SalmanTrial"

Pulse nightclub shooter intended to attack Disney World, prosecutors say
Prosecutors revealed on Wednesday that Omar Mateen intended to attack Disney World, but decided against it after being spooked by nearby police officers.

ORLANDO, Fla. — The Orlando nightclub shooter intended to attack Disney World's shopping and entertainment complex by hiding a gun in a stroller but became spooked by police and instead chose the gay club as his target, prosecutors said Wednesday.

Prosecutors revealed the details during their closing arguments in the trial of Noor Salman, the widow of Pulse nightclub shooter Omar Mateen...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...d-attack-disney-world-prosecutors-say-n860786

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back