FL - Michelle Mishcon, 53, & John Stevens, 59, brutally murdered, Tequesta, 15 Aug 2016 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And as far as hospitals go, there may be a few charity hospitals operating in the US, but I think they are probably state funded. The only one I can even think of is in Shreveport. Well, I have heard of a few in California. But from what I understand, they are not a good place to be if you are super sick.

Hi!

It is any hospital. :

[FONT=&amp]Bankruptcies resulting from unpaid medical bills will affect nearly 2 million people this year—making health care the No. 1 cause of such filings

so they dont get paid - they know this - they just move em to another column - what can they do ? When the file bankrupsy - gets written off any way!

I think it is actually hitting for profits more than state assist. Those settings will get something from entitlement programs.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100840148

Actually would be interesting to know. In your setting ask what they do!! I worked in private psyc hospital years ago and they wrote off tons. Back the field did not DC someone cause their insurance croaked! They were Dced, when they had a chance to stay stable for a bit.

Now days (I dont know what it is where you are) mental health here FL- for invol private pay is 23 hours- yep thats it. For private. HOur 24 you have to start chopping off your limbs and sending it the insurer!!

If the pt had slashed 6 (not 5) necks the private insurer might auth another 23 hours - but ya better call back tomm by 5 pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its repulsive- all it does is cost society more ( forget about the pt according to the insurers) they just need another 23 hours in two weeks. Round and round we go

However it becomes really nausating when you read:
You may need an airsick bag !

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
http://medcitynews.com/2015/06/what-were-the-top-healthcare-ceo-salaries-last-year/

Going to stick my head out here LOL!
I do think with his age he would legally be responsible for his own debt, unless dad signed to be responsible when he was admitted? I do think some companies will still pay with the patient being in school and under 21.
Just throwing my 2 cents worth here.
I do think though, IF one is arrested LE becomes responsible for the medical, which I doubt any of us desire. IF he lives, prosecution and housing him is going to be a whole bunch.
Rediculous really.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Quite honestly, the jail system has a budget for that stuff, that's what we pay them to do. If he doesn't have insurance, and he's over 18, and his parents don't feel generous to absorb these monstrous hospital bills, then, who pays...? It's as long as it is broad really.

Perhaps due to my locale I'm more accustomed to not for profit hospitals, but generally when I've had hospital visits, I'm admitted...I leave...a month or so later I get a bill for whatever my insurance didn't cover.

Now, walk in clinics on the other hand. I'll usually pay a copay up front or when I leave.

Admittedly, I've had few medical issues so maybe hospitals are shifting to instant electronic billing now versus the old paper claim methodology.

Either way, hopefully the kid pulls through and is held accountable for all of this.

Even if he has insurance, he'll have co-pays. If he doesn't have insurance, that's going to be one heck of a bill. If he survives, honestly, I don't think he'll be mentally capable to go to trial as it seems that whatever happened to him has affected his brain, just from what I've gathered. He'd probably be placed in some sort of care home for the rest of his life. A lot of the folks who o.d. around here, who somehow survive, just end up mentally gone, and in a care home.

The earlier post that until he is actually arrested, it is not in the public domain (unlike voting history!) cleared up a lot for me - in this arena.

I agree they know something - but in a way I wonder if what they know is that the lab does not know!

Then in a way ( since this has gone along so long) I ponder if LE really needs flaka - we know he murdered . WE want to know to put it in some context that we can absorb- but LE wise, if we think about it wont change anything.

He would still ( I think) be charged the same way. He is culpable if he was on bath salts or not?

:yeahthat: EXACTLY CARIIS!!

And as far as hospitals go, there may be a few charity hospitals operating in the US, but I think they are probably state funded. The only one I can even think of is in Shreveport. Well, I have heard of a few in California. But from what I understand, they are not a good place to be if you are super sick.

Well glf,(Ms. Know It All):laughing: you should know about Florida as well ;)

Honestly, I watched a video earlier about flakka, again like XX times, and I can't understand what is up with these crazy people doing this? AH may NOT have done flakka, but he certainly shows some signs of that drug in him!

Thanks ~

jmo

O/T :yourock:Miss: CuriousMe, InTheDetails, SpanishInquistion, Jax49, Caffeine, Flatbush, rsd1200

Awesome posters here! :)

I'd be happy to make 10% of any ONE of their salaries! THAT'S one reason healthcare costs are so high. The first year I was a nurse, I worked the night shift, and we could get by with three nurses on our floor, but alot of the time we ran our legs off. We were begging for a CNA, and had one about a third of the time. We had a lady who came in for blood quite regularly. Our policy was the first 30 minutes, vitals were to be taken every five minutes to monitor for reaction. No CNA, but they had managed to hire another CEO. I made the statement one nite, the next time Ruby comes in for blood, and we're running our legs off, maybe we should call the new CEO to come in and take vitals all nite while she received two pints of blood! I'm sure he would have panicked!

P.S. A lawyer might try a diminished capacity defense if he was on drugs or going thru withdrawal, but that will probably go over like a lead balloon!

Even if he has insurance, he'll have co-pays. If he doesn't have insurance, that's going to be one heck of a bill. If he survives, honestly, I don't think he'll be mentally capable to go to trial as it seems that whatever happened to him has affected his brain, just from what I've gathered. He'd probably be placed in some sort of care home for the rest of his life. A lot of the folks who o.d. around here, who somehow survive, just end up mentally gone, and in a care home.

Good Point rsd1200! But my brain tends to lead how much/or will he be able to fake his mental capacity? Brain scans? Tests?

Personally, I think he is communicating with his parents in some sort of fashion. :notgood:

I would hate to have those bills piling up, and how in the world would one explain to the insurance companies, "well my son murdered 2 people, tried to eat the abdomen, and face, then attacked the neighbor?" Scary and sad!

jmo :moo:

No steroid testing? Should be done with hair sample.

It says he can't talk, does that mean he can't answer with a head nod, yes or no? Can't communicate at all?

Is he still sedated? How's the pneumonia?

that was a lousy update.

Quite honestly, the jail system has a budget for that stuff, that's what we pay them to do. If he doesn't have insurance, and he's over 18, and his parents don't feel generous to absorb these monstrous hospital bills, then, who pays...? It's as long as it is broad really.

Surprisingly, I'm almost certain that parents are allowed to keep a dependent child on their insurance until the age of 26.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It says he can't talk, does that mean he can't answer with a head nod, yes or no? Can't communicate at all?

that was a lousy update.

I think if they do get one it would (statement) it get thrown out later , sedated or compromised cognitive functioning, or endless whatever.

Plus he is gonna listen to dad, dad is listening to his lawyer, so I think we are at dead end on hearing from Austion. moo

The only thing that can talk are the tox reports- maybe-from the stuff I have read detecting salts and flakka jazz is really hard to do. I would also think that he got some new or bad stuff if he did either of them, from what I have learned if this is new mix the odds of being able to find them diminsh even more.

It seems the only real talker might be if steroid dependance or withdrawal is the culrpit in conjuction with emerging acute mental illiness.

Good Point rsd1200! But my brain tends to lead how much/or will he be able to fake his mental capacity? Brain scans? Tests?

Personally, I think he is communicating with his parents in some sort of fashion. :notgood:

I would hate to have those bills piling up, and how in the world would one explain to the insurance companies, "well my son murdered 2 people, tried to eat the abdomen, and face, then attacked the neighbor?" Scary and sad!

jmo :moo:

jmo, but i think the hospital bills dont matter. At all! If he can even comprehend that angle folks that are either in long term hospital or prison, dont care about their FICA /Beacon score!

In this instance they know he has no assets, and is currently "unemployed" (!)- with the liklihood of "future employ"! unlikely!

He is insovent- the hospital, insurers, etc know this. . moo

Hi!

It is any hospital. :

[FONT=&amp]Bankruptcies resulting from unpaid medical bills will affect nearly 2 million people this year—making health care the No. 1 cause of such filings

so they dont get paid - they know this - they just move em to another column - what can they do ? When the file bankrupsy - gets written off any way!

I think it is actually hitting for profits more than state assist. Those settings will get something from entitlement programs.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100840148

Actually would be interesting to know. In your setting ask what they do!! I worked in private psyc hospital years ago and they wrote off tons. Back the field did not DC someone cause their insurance croaked! They were Dced, when they had a chance to stay stable for a bit.

Now days (I dont know what it is where you are) mental health here FL- for invol private pay is 23 hours- yep thats it. For private. HOur 24 you have to start chopping off your limbs and sending it the insurer!!

If the pt had slashed 6 (not 5) necks the private insurer might auth another 23 hours - but ya better call back tomm by 5 pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its repulsive- all it does is cost society more ( forget about the pt according to the insurers) they just need another 23 hours in two weeks. Round and round we go

However it becomes really nausating when you read:
You may need an airsick bag !

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
http://medcitynews.com/2015/06/what-were-the-top-healthcare-ceo-salaries-last-year/
Its interesting the Actavis CEO makes that much, the profit margin on generic drugs must be better than I thought. I'm surprised Mylan isn't on the list, they probably make a killing on Epipens now.

It's sad, but that's just part of our country's infrastructure now. We treat healthcare as a business and in turn people make fortunes from it.

that was a lousy update.

ETA: Sorry I wrote this last night and somehow forgot to hit reply.

You know what just struck me. If we go back to the first week, with dads declaration that he wants the world to know, dad could have signed the release of information . Its kind of a mixed message isnt it.

If we play this out full throttle, lets say their was nothing legally giving dad authority to release Austins medical records (in light of the fact that the individual invoved is in a coma ) who is gonna "go after" the hospital for releasing his medical records?

Heathcare providers are concerned about breached Hippa, cause the PT can take action againist the provider for breaching . But in this specific instance who is gonna do that?

If dad wanted everything out why not?

In some ways a lot of this preposterious, its like being on the phone with a custumr service rep who cant think but only follow a flow chart of repsonses - no thinking involved!

Humm HUmm dear system ,

We have somewhat of a "sittuion" here. The person invoved here just stabbed two people to death, had brunch, and attempted to murder another human. I think some common sense thinking (oh yes yes lets go out of the box here) .

O/T This angle is raw too me. My email got hacked closed. I dont know passwords and all. SHort of the story I wanted to cancel etflix, but have no way of getting in to do so. I called , for 25 minutes this woman could not get that this is a "unique" sitution, and requires some brain power

Her endless we must have that infomration to look up your account. Lady pull lthe account up by last name. I can then give you my full name, address,credit card info, answer security questions, so you can confirm "I am I". Nope.

Called Amx and blcoked em from charging me - my notion here is sometimes someone has connect some dots and say humm does sound like we might need to do this a bit differently than usual.

After a bunch of nonsense, costs, delaying everything , of course a judge over rode the Hipaa concern.

Truth be told, while all these systems were being fools, maybe they could have gotten a result back that might have helped doctors help him- instead of all this stupid dancing.

People in a coma, or dead, or incarated for life ,gernerally speaking, I would think, are not all that concerned about some privacy breach.

Unlike those of us who are alert oriented, not incarated, who do mind our privacy being breached! Having a very hard time letting go of the voting deal (obvously!) - its a foreboding future (dont even know if that makes sense!) moo

There's so much red tape with all these privacy regulations, if you hear a friend is in the hospital, best talk to somebody who knows what room number that person is in before you go to see them, because the hospital can't give out that information...

I think about the only thing a person could fake is amnesia. A cat scan could be done to check for brain activity, and where there seems to be a decrease in activity is where the damage is located, and that determines how the damage shows up outwardly. If they want to try to fake emotional problems, I guess they could try, but most shrinks pick up on that pretty easily.

It doesn't matter what DAD is willing to do/say. Unless there was a signed agreement between Austin and dad that dad is durable power of Atty, with medical decisions added, dad doesn't have the legal right to make any decisions unless Austin is declared brain dead.

Surprisingly, I'm almost certain that parents are allowed to keep a dependent child on their insurance until the age of 26.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Especially if they are in College. I was on my Mom's until 22-years-old.

Sorry for duplicate post.

I wasn't thinking him making a statement. More like understanding and being able to respond if asked if he would like another blanket, for instance.

Can he sip apple juice thro a straw? swallow?

Does he know his family?

Any control over body movements?

Just a status report.

I can't see any legal repurcussions to that.

Dr
Sorry for duplicate post.

I wasn't thinking him making a statement. More like understanding and being able to respond if asked if he would like another blanket, for instance.

Can he sip apple juice thro a straw? swallow?

Does he know his family?

Any control over body movements?

Just a status report.

I can't see any legal repurcussions to that.
I don't believe there would be any repercussions to those type of questions. Maybe parents will update this week. LE seems to be too busy trying to get their thumbs out of their behinds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff