FL - Michelle Mishcon, 53, & John Stevens, 59, brutally murdered, Tequesta, 15 Aug 2016 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And, the way things are going, we may never know til this goes to court or Austin dies!

Wait - did we not see a video of him walking in shackles? He has been in the hospital the whole time? I'm watching too many different threads.

Wait - did we not see a video of him walking in shackles? He has been in the hospital the whole time? I'm watching too many different threads.
Another young guy named Nico was arrested a few days later for breaking in a house was shown in cuffs in this case. Probably him you are thinking about. We have not seen any pics of Austin since this murder occurred.

I personally think their lawyer has advised them to not cooperate with Detectives. Since Austin is not under arrest (in Police custody), I doubt they have a legal right to be updated on his condition. While I do believe he is still recovering, I don't think this is a sign that he is incapable of being interviewed. I don't think the lawyer is allowing him to be interviewed. The silence actually makes me think that he may soon be released, but I doubt he is going to cooperate with Detectives once he is arrested and charged.

I also believe Detectives have the toxicology tests back, but since he is not under arrest or charged with a crime, they cannot release that information since it would be a violation of his medical records. Once he is arrested and charged, under Florida Sunshine Laws, they can legally release this information to the public.

We're definitely going to have to wait for the hearings or even the trial before we know what kind of story the defense will cook up.

I personally think their lawyer has advised them to not cooperate with Detectives. Since Austin is not under arrest (in Police custody), I doubt they have a legal right to be updated on his condition. While I do believe he is still recovering, I don't think this is a sign that he is incapable of being interviewed. I don't think the lawyer is allowing him to be interviewed. The silence actually makes me think that he may soon be released, but I doubt he is going to cooperate with Detectives once he is arrested and charged.

I also believe Detectives have the toxicology tests back, but since he is not under arrest or charged with a crime, they cannot release that information since it would be a violation of his medical records. Once he is arrested and charged, under Florida Sunshine Laws, they can legally release this information to the public.

We're definitely going to have to wait for the hearings or even the trial before we know what kind of story the defense will cook up.

Very good points - you reminded me - he has not been arrested or charged with anything - so he is no different than any of us --noone has to do anything with LE.

BUT how are they not gonna get in "trouble" for hanging out at his room. If cops came here and hung out at my door for a month without charging and arresting me I would think I have a pretty good issue, no.

O/T

Am also gonna post on Rita thread to. Mods - hope this is ok. Want others reactions to this. I got a letter from an elction outfit yesterday. Its general tone was get invovled talk to your neighrbors about the election. It then proceeded to give me 10 of my nieghbors first last name and the last three years of their voting history.

I found that appalling. Fine it is public record -whatever -it is none of my darn bussiness if my next door neighbors voted or not. In addition it is my notion that people decide who they want to have their first and last name. It also provided me with their unit number! It gave me the creeps. I dont really care about voting history but their is an big deal going around these days - identy theft.

First name , last name address seems like a pretty good way for them to start no?

I am assuming it was sent to a lot of people, just changing up everyones neighbors!! I have a couple of neighbors on the lookout for it! Do you folks find that appalling and not OK??

THoughts?

[h=2]Obama administration to launch new effort on heroin and opioid crisis, Attorney General Loretta Lynch says - USA TODAY
[/h]

Very good points - you reminded me - he has not been arrested or charged with anything - so he is no different than any of us --noone has to do anything with LE.

BUT how are they not gonna get in "trouble" for hanging out at his room. If cops came here and hung out at my door for a month without charging and arresting me I would think I have a pretty good issue, no

Maybe the hospital has requested a deputy stand by? The Hospital is responsible for the safety of all their patients and even if he is not under arrest or charged with the crime yet, he is suspected of committing a very violent crime.

According to WH, Austin is "detained but not charged". I don't know how that works, but those are the words that Dr. Phil used and Wade agreed. Wade also complained in the interview that they were planning to visit on the day of interview, but police "shut it down".

Hmmm, yes. Perhaps LE is constrained from revealing more because their subject has not been arrested. Possibly, potential lawsuit? I feel sure they did not anticipate him being incapacitated for a month in the beginning.

That voter deal sounds bogus to me,

BUT how are they not gonna get in "trouble" for hanging out at his room. If cops came here and hung out at my door for a month without charging and arresting me I would think I have a pretty good issue, no.

O/T

Am also gonna post on Rita thread to. Mods - hope this is ok. Want others reactions to this. I got a letter from an elction outfit yesterday. Its general tone was get invovled talk to your neighrbors about the election. It then proceeded to give me 10 of my nieghbors first last name and the last three years of their voting history.

I found that appalling. Fine it is public record -whatever -it is none of my darn bussiness if my next door neighbors voted or not. In addition it is my notion that people decide who they want to have their first and last name. It also provided me with their unit number! It gave me the creeps. I dont really care about voting history but their is an big deal going around these days - identy theft.

First name , last name address seems like a pretty good way for them to start no?

I am assuming it was sent to a lot of people, just changing up everyones neighbors!! I have a couple of neighbors on the lookout for it! Do you folks find that appalling and not OK??

THoughts?
I really thought how we vote, or even if we vote that we are supposed to be protected by the Constitution that it is a private thing. I am beginning to think the only thing private anymore is how many times a day a person goes to the bathroom! Not much else.

I would think the cop outside the door would get by with being there for the public's safety, since he is considered dangerous. And they could say also that Austin might need protection in his weakened state from somebody taking the law into their own hands and turning off his life support or just walking in and killing him!

I would think the cop outside the door would get by with being there for the public's safety, since he is considered dangerous. And they could say also that Austin might need protection in his weakened state from somebody taking the law into their own hands and turning off his life support or just walking in and killing him!
It would be reckless for LE not be to monitoring him constantly until he is released. He killed two people, stabbed another and resisted arrest basically while he was chewing on the deceased man's face.

This is becoming absurd, this kid needs to be in jail.

Now, I understand there is the issue of medical necessity here but, there needs to be a line drawn eventually. If he's conscious and stable, LE needs to be pushing for his release.

Obviously if there's been any lawyer intervention here, he's advising the family to draw this out as long as possible, imo.

I don't know his true medical condition but clearly at one point it was stated he was doing better, so I dunno...

So who was the good looking kids in handcuffs?

11592574_G.jpg

Isnt this guy the one whom killed the couple?

So who was the good looking kids in handcuffs?

attachment.php

Isnt this guy the one whom killed the couple?

That is Nico Gallo, the guy who jumped thru a window and attacked a woman and her son. They were not seriously injured. He was high on designer drugs and LSD. It was in the same county as AH.

That is Nico Gallo, the guy who jumped thru a window and attacked a woman and her son. They were not seriously injured. He was high on designer drugs and LSD. It was in the same county as AH.

Thank you. I'm so stunned how I thought this guy was the perp.

I will now sue Google images. Lol.

I wonder why Google showed me this pic while I was searching for the original perp of this case.

Thanks again.

It would be reckless for LE not be to monitoring him constantly until he is released. He killed two people, stabbed another and resisted arrest basically while he was chewing on the deceased man's face.

This is becoming absurd, this kid needs to be in jail.

Now, I understand there is the issue of medical necessity here but, there needs to be a line drawn eventually. If he's conscious and stable, LE needs to be pushing for his release.

Obviously if there's been any lawyer intervention here, he's advising the family to draw this out as long as possible, imo.

I don't know his true medical condition but clearly at one point it was stated he was doing better, so I dunno...

LE can arrest him anytime they want, just they don't want to foot the bill for someone under constant medical care in critical condition. Once AH is under arrest, the public pays for his medical bills. It's not like he's going anywhere.

LE can arrest him anytime they want, just they don't want to foot the bill for someone under constant medical care in critical condition. Once AH is under arrest, the public pays for his medical bills. It's not like he's going anywhere.

I definitely see the issue of the hospital being paid, but aren't we going on 2+ weeks now? Wouldn't the admission staff clear up insurance and billing with his next of kin? This is a son of what seems to be a pretty well off dentist, I can't see this as an issue of him being uninsured or anything.

Now, his condition is unclear for the most part, we are still getting mixed messages for that...at least from what I've seen lately. It just seems unusual they don't simply state he's not being released due him not being stable enough. Or maybe I missed that part.

Certainly, while he's more or less incapacitated, there's no threat here. But unless he's under police watch, there's not much preventing him from fleeing once he improves. I'm sure police are aware of this, but it definitely shouldn't be something taken lightly.

But again, just my thoughts here...

Agree.

Because if the cops are guarding his room. Then this simply means that he will be charged and held after recovery. Jmo.

But imo. They may think he is going to die. And maybe this is why charges haven't been formally stated yet.

Idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member