FL - Michelle Mishcon, 53, & John Stevens, 59, brutally murdered, Tequesta, 15 Aug 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a list of signals of possible mental illness (early psychosis)

http://www.cedarclinic.org/index.php/understanding-early-psychosis/early-signs-of-psychosis

FWIW, the early signs, except for sleep problems and that because we finally found a med that will knock me out, I still have all those.

But it is a great improvement from when my illness was worse and at it's worst.

Some of those are caused by side effects! I just work on acceptance and finding happiness in my own ways. don't sweat the small stuff.

LE and we know without a doubt that AH killed two beautiful human beings and almost killed the good-hearted neighbor. He has been charged with murder. He has an attorney now, but this will go to trial. Let's see what the tox results reveal. The prosecutor is going to want a lot more than his family hearsay that it was a mental illness with a sudden psychotic break. They'll probably want recent school records, and may line up some witnesses that might be aware of his steroid or drug use. There's still so much to be revealed in the courtroom. It's no surprise to me that his father may have exaggerated his condition to gain sympathy for his son, or rushed to get on Dr.P to start the mental defense strategy, but that's only one side of the story. The other side is that the victims family wants AH to get the Death Penalty.

:cow: I'll moo, but I really need more facts and info.

OK lets go back in time for just a moment when the attack actually occurred.
PRIOR to the attacks he said he had super strength or something to that effect.
During the attack, neighbor could not help, stun gun x 3 did not help, and they turned their dog loose on him as well to no avail.
I seen a guy shot with a stun gun, brought him to his knees, one shot. The dogs are trained and when they attack they do not play. They do their job.
What I am trying to understand is WHAT .. be it a drug, or mental illness of some sort would make him basically immune to the stun gun and the dog?
I have a panic disorder (am scared most of the time for no good reason and I HATE IT..).. but other than that I have no knowledge of what other mental illness's can do.
Anyone got any guesses what could have made him basically immune to the stun gun and pain from dog bites? I can't wait for the drug tests to come back!

While I don't think only mental illness was in play here, I have heard police officers say that those in the midst of a psychotic episode are some of the physically strongest people they go up against. I wish I had something to link to but I remember a story of it taking 2 officers to take down an 80 year old woman who was having a psychotic episode. I guess I just don't understand the gruesome nature of this crime, if it is mental illness related. Murder would be one thing, and still not common for those with mental illness, but this was a whole different ball game. Also, I read that as the neighbor walked up Austin said "You don't want any of this" which to me is a lucid statement. Along with the "test me, you won't find any drugs" and he did not put up a fight with police, as I understand it. The only thing I can think is potentially if he was having delusions and thought these people were after him and he was protecting himself. The turtle thing earlier in the day was really weird, too. Sorry, I know this is all over the place...just thinking out loud.

The researchers, led by Dr. Jeremy Coid, a professor of psychiatry at Queen Mary University in London, interviewed participants about the content of their delusions and their emotional experiences. Anger related to delusions was strongly linked with attempting to harm others. After adjusting for other factors, 31% of the minor violence could be attributed to anger connected with delusions. In the seriously violent patients, anger accounted for 56% of the incidents. Elation, anxiety and fear were not associated with violence.Those who engaged in violence also tended to be younger and were more than twice as likely to have taken drugs in the past year, although alcohol use did not matter. The seriously violent were far more likely to be male, but there was no difference in risk by gender for minor violence.
None of the delusions were dangerous in and of themselves. But three types, all of which involved a sense of personal threat, were linked to serious violence if they provoked anger. One delusion centered on the idea that the person was being spied on or was under surveillance by some type of threatening authority, group or person. Another focused on the misguided belief that people with hostile intent were targeting the victim. Finally, there was the fantasy of some sort of conspiracy against the delusional person.
(MORE: Mental Illness Increases Risk of Being Homicide Victim)
Any anger generated from feeling threatened under these situations could make the patients lash out. “Anger due to delusions appeared to constitute the main drive to serious violence,” the study authors write. On the other hand, a more depressive response to the threats seemed to thwart violence so that a “depressive affect had a protective effect,” according to the research.
“If patients are not angry, the delusions themselves don’t cause a problem,” Coid told the New York Times. What causes delusions to result in angry responses in some people and not in others? Researchers aren’t sure, but they believe that a better understanding of this connection, as well as a greater appreciation for how this anger response is related to the delusions of psychosis, could lead to treatments that prevent violent behavior and its potentially tragic consequences.

Some interesting info from Time Magazine regarding violence during psychosis. It talks about anger being present when delusions turn violent. I would imagine that AH was angry after the confrontation with his dad. Also, it talks about delusions sometimes telling people to do things out of the ordinary, could be something like "drink that cooking oil".

OK lets go back in time for just a moment when the attack actually occurred.
PRIOR to the attacks he said he had super strength or something to that effect.
During the attack, neighbor could not help, stun gun x 3 did not help, and they turned their dog loose on him as well to no avail.
I seen a guy shot with a stun gun, brought him to his knees, one shot. The dogs are trained and when they attack they do not play. They do their job.
What I am trying to understand is WHAT .. be it a drug, or mental illness of some sort would make him basically immune to the stun gun and the dog?
I have a panic disorder (am scared most of the time for no good reason and I HATE IT..).. but other than that I have no knowledge of what other mental illness's can do.
Anyone got any guesses what could have made him basically immune to the stun gun and pain from dog bites? I can't wait for the drug tests to come back!
I think it was probably some type of drug, with strength enhanced by an adrenaline rush. But there are so many drugs out there nowadays, I can't think of anything we haven't discussed here, and the few ideas I do have should have shown up in a UA or blood test.

I'm still surprised he wasn't throwing his toenails up after his oily cocktail!

I'm just going to say it...

As a parent of a 19 year old who stuggles with depression and anxiety, I observe my son's behavior like a hawk. I'm not going into details except to say - there are signs! blaring neon signs! And the sirens will get louder and louder. Symptoms and odd or unusual behaviors become more and more frequent AND severe. AH was silently screaming for help in those videos he posted for the world to see. What the heck? He even went so far to actually say he had a psycho side on video! And he had been saying he had superhuman powers to his (parents) weeks leading up to this?!

This did not happen over just a few weeks or months. AH's internal torment was 100 percent ignored. I'm not talking about drugs. I realize parents don't always know that. I am talking about when your own child is in emotional distress and displaying classic symptoms and behavior related to mental illness.

Lastly, I wasn't going to mention this when I thought what we all thought until he "walked out" of critical care, but I think the rage was kicked in by the D; that there was extreme resentment, hatred and pent up anger towards his D, and that when he left his mother's and started walking the last time, he was headed toward his father's house to ... .
I can completely understand what you are going through! Hugs! I do hope your son is doing well! You are so right about the signs being so evident! This doesn't happen completely overnight. I'd venture to guess that AH was self medicating to feel better or even feel anything besides numb. I think there is a huge indicator that possibly him and his father had long standing violent issues. AH screaming to be heard and his dad completely ignoring the obvious. Possible fights ignited between them I'd bet too. Dad wanting him to 'snap out of it'. What shocks me is it wasn't his father he attacked! He attacked strangers and so violently and barbaric. That's why I feel other drugs were involved. Probably self medicating and it went Terribly wrong. After a run in with his dad, he probably took something to make him feel better but it had the opposite effect. Add in possible steroid withdrawal or roid rage and that's one hell of a storm.
It was strange to me that they wouldn't let him parents see him that often. That makes me think that the doctors and LE knew they were possibly triggers for his violent episodes.
That they charged him with first degree murder and attempted murder tells a lot too. Not a lesser crime. So I'm leaning now more towards going with what the LE have charged him with. I definitely think they know more than we do obviously and hopefully he will pay for his crimes.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm also pondering if it was AH's request that his parents not be allowed in. Being of an adult age he can make that decision and his requests have to be honored. At some point he was able to speak to people at the scene and possibly for a while after. Beginning to think his father's appearance on Dr. Phil was to reach out to his son more than anything but also to help with a mental illness defense. I'm very curious now what his actual issues were in the hospital. With his ability to walk and barely no muscle wasting makes me think he wasn't in as serious of a condition as was told to the public. It also explains why he was under constant police watch. If he was near death that wouldn't be necessary.

I wonder if he has made any sort of statement to LE yet. This one is full of twists and turns that's for sure!

I can completely understand what you are going through! Hugs! I do hope your son is doing well! You are so right about the signs being so evident! This doesn't happen completely overnight. I'd venture to guess that AH was self medicating to feel better or even feel anything besides numb. I think there is a huge indicator that possibly him and his father had long standing violent issues. AH screaming to be heard and his dad completely ignoring the obvious. Possible fights ignited between them I'd bet too. Dad wanting him to 'snap out of it'. What shocks me is it wasn't his father he attacked! He attacked strangers and so violently and barbaric. That's why I feel other drugs were involved. Probably self medicating and it went Terribly wrong. After a run in with his dad, he probably took something to make him feel better but it had the opposite effect. Add in possible steroid withdrawal or roid rage and that's one hell of a storm.
It was strange to me that they wouldn't let him parents see him that often. That makes me think that the doctors and LE knew they were possibly triggers for his violent episodes.
That they charged him with first degree murder and attempted murder tells a lot too. Not a lesser crime. So I'm leaning now more towards going with what the LE have charged him with. I definitely think they know more than we do obviously and hopefully he will pay for his crimes.

I think it scares a lot of parents and they don't know what to do. It's scary and my parents, as much as they loved me, couldn't do anything to help me. They didn't understand. I have depression, anxiety and adhd. I have a great therapist and I am on the right meds but I still have to try to act normal for my parents.They don't know how to deal and it scares them. They also, even if they won't admit it, feel guilty. I think AH's dad was scared and in denial and a real jerk (JMHO). He thought he could bully it out of him.

Very relevant first hand account of a young man's first manic episode.

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.c...de-led-me-to-strip-naked-in-times-square/amp/

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
This was a very heartbreaking article. Why would Columbia take "disciplinary action" against him? He wasn't in drugs, I'm sure the hospital made sure of that when he was admitted. How dare they. He is ill.

And Ford modeling agency dropped him! What about the Americans with Disabilities act? I'm am so frustrated. Why can't we treat mental illness with the gravity and respect it deserves? I just can't.

Kudos to this young man for using his voice to bring his illness to everyone's attention. And bravo to him for not being ashamed, and "embracing" his bi-polar disorder as part of who he is. I hope he prospers and flourishes.

On a lighter note.... What a beautiful body he has. (Sorry, it's all over article, unavoidable).

This was a very heartbreaking article. Why would Columbia take "disciplinary action" against him? He wasn't in drugs, I'm sure the hospital made sure of that when he was admitted. How dare they. He is ill.

And Ford modeling agency dropped him! What about the Americans with Disabilities act? I'm am so frustrated. Why can't we treat mental illness with the gravity and respect it deserves? I just can't.

Kudos to this young man for using his voice to bring his illness to everyone's attention. And bravo to him for not being ashamed, and "embracing" his bi-polar disorder as part of who he is. I hope he prospers and flourishes.

On a lighter note.... What a beautiful body he has. (Sorry, it's all over article, unavoidable).

Yeah that upset me too. At the time I was watching him (news was streaming it) I wondered if it was drugs or psychosis. If it were drugs sure but it's not right if it's a psychotic break. Even Ford models could do a great community service by backing him with the condition he continues to take his meds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that upset me too. At the time I was watching him (news was streaming it) I wondered if it was drugs or psychosis. If it were drugs sure but it's not right if it's a psychotic break. Even Ford models could do a great community service by backing him with the condition he continues to take his meds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank God he didn't have a stick or knife. Shudder to think he could have been killed (not an anti Blue comment, I support LE).

Very relevant first hand account of a young man's first manic episode.

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.c...de-led-me-to-strip-naked-in-times-square/amp/

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That is a very good article, thanks for posting it!
Mental illness IS very real.
Probably he may have been evaluated by doctors while in the hospital for mental illness. Am anxious to see what he did ingest and if there were drugs involved.
I am reminded of the Jodi Arias case, believe she was a psychologist, the defense had on the stand for so long. I found her not sincere. I hope the state will have a VERY good psychologist of their own do mental evaluations on this young man.
I do want to add that since dad has him a good lawyer, homework may be done so he will know what to say to the doctors to cover his behind. ( NOT saying that will happen but maybe. )
I think all of us want to know exactly what brought this on. Real answers if that makes sense? Whatever the case, hopefully he will never walk the streets again after what he done. Mentally ill or not he murdered 2 innocent people and tried to kill another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtt