FL - Michelle Mishcon, 53, & John Stevens, 59, brutally murdered, Tequesta, 15 Aug 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realized this post looked like I was screaming at my fellow sleuthers. Apologies to all. That was not my intention.

​Apology accepted!!!!!!!!!!

He sure seemed lucid when he was arrested and kept telling LE they were wasting their time on drug testing, as he hadn't taken anything. He was being truthful.

I think we might need to take exhaustion into consideration at some point. He was at the beach running, walking all over , the garage then wrestling with LE.

I think some of the "clarity" was almost collapse. After he had been handcuffed he looked like he had been run over by cement truck.

Once the adrenaline stops pouring into the body, he probably felt like an out of shape wrestler.

Just realized this post looked like I was screaming at my fellow sleuthers. Apologies to all. That was not my intention.

No apology needed. :cool:

I don't know.... Dad and his attorneys are going to try to pull every stop to save him from death row. What he did, was really bad, IMO he knew better. In their efforts to save him, I fear the defense might not get him properly diagnosed.
At the end of the day, he needs that proper diagnosis. Regardless of what that diagnosis is, he should never walk free again. But being properly medicated would be more humane, and perhaps give him a better quality of life.
I personally lean to mental illness, not insanity based on what little I know, but am keeping an open mind. Things with him so far have not turned out to be what I thought.
I hope this made sense!

Whether institutionalised or in jail, he certainly needs to be stabilized with medication. He's probably not going to have any quality of life, either place. If I were 19, and in his shoes, I might prefer the death penalty, as opposed to existing for the next 50 years.

Whether institutionalised or in jail, he certainly needs to be stabilized with medication. He's probably not going to have any quality of life, either place. If I were 19, and in his shoes, I might prefer the death penalty, as opposed to existing for the next 50 years.

Nah he can even go to law school for free in jail....he was into personal training...he can do that in there...at 19 he will barely know differently, it will just be his life.

BBM

I wonder if that wasn't what he thought that night when he begged the officer to shoot him?

Given a choice between decades waiting to be put to death, life in prison or immediate death, I think I know what I'd choose.

Has anyone heard any possibility of a plea deal?

Has anyone heard any possibility of a plea deal?

I doubt they are anywhere near that. Mental capacity needs determination before defense would ever go that direction...imo

I doubt they are anywhere near that. Mental capacity needs determination before defense would ever go that direction...imo

I agree, takes these cases a good while to move along. I am just an outside observer but these thing do take time. I remember the Arias trial in Arizona had a lot of delays. Her defense made a lot of money off the state, and it was one delay after another.

Checked for any updates, the last dated 11/15/16. Nothing new that we have not read in previous articles. As far as a plea deal, I doubt that is a possibility, unless Austin has a change of heart. He has pled not guilty and asked for a jury trial.

I always think about Andrea Yates ( TX mother who drowned her children ), who I believe had a serious mental illness, was tried and found guilty. I think this horrendous crime will end up with a similar verdict. They both knew the difference between right and wrong.

IMHO

I remember not too terribly long ago, one of the true crime shows talked with Andrea's former husband, who has remarried and has a young son. He's an amazing man, he doesn't hate her for what she has done, but admitted she was mentally ill, and has moved on. Of course everybody knows, he will always have a hole in his heart, where his deceased kids once filled with love.
Thank God Austin wasn't married with a wife and kids. That would truly make this case worse than it already is. Each time I post here, I think about the emotional toll this has taken on John and Michelle's family.

I always think about Andrea Yates ( TX mother who drowned her children ), who I believe had a serious mental illness, was tried and found guilty. I think this horrendous crime will end up with a similar verdict. They both knew the difference between right and wrong.

IMHO

She got an appeal and was found not guilt by reason of insanity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, everybody! Checked for updates, nothing later than 11/23 Probably going to be pretty quiet until Austin or his atty talk
:coffeews: :kickcan:.

Yep, it's been quiet. I remember hearing about some kind of court date in January but not sure when.

Yes...I suspect it will be quiet with an occasional hearing.
I am sure his attorneys are well paid and will crack every egg in the nest trying to save him.
I do sincerely hope for a correct clinical diagnosis for this fellow. Had he had that months back.. Maybe we wouldn't be here.
Things are what they are, I just don't want him diagnosed with something to get him off the hook and it not be his true diagnosis.

As I drove by John and Michelle's house today, I noticed a lot of activity; numerous work vehicles, and the garage doors were open. The For Sale sign was down, so I am assuming the house has sold, or is under contract.

So sad... :tears:

As I drove by John and Michelle's house today, I noticed a lot of activity; numerous work vehicles, and the garage doors were open. The For Sale sign was down, so I am assuming the house has sold, or is under contract.

Sad.....unbelievable.

Sad and so senseless. Is that considered a really nice neighborhood? It looks it.

Oh my, new owners. Here's a heads up -- might want to keep your garage door closed.

We know of one really good, caring neighbor and his family living across the street. He'll probably have to testify at trial. But gee, I imagine many of the neighbors are still freaked out about what happened on their street in real life. Not a tv show!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt