FL - Michelle Mishcon, 53, & John Stevens, 59, brutally murdered, Tequesta, 15 Aug 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least it was in the garage instead of the bedroom or something...idk why but that would be worse to me....either way I guess the earth keeps spinning....such a sad story tho. Mind bending really.

I've been following this case for awhile now and have found a lot of things in it that intuitively stuck out to me. I think people should stop looking at it so straight and narrow.

Those are quite a stretch and unless you have MSM links for them I'm sure mods will delete your post.

$460,000.00 wow! And I don't even have enough for the down payment for the $61,000.00 MH I'd cut my right hand off for!

Just my opinion, but we need to let go of "insanity" as a society - we need to be looking at mental illness as a huge, huge mitigating factor in so many of these.

Its not all or nothing- it's a culmination of stuff, stressors, decline, voices, judgement, impulsivity, feelings of rage, confusion, distorted thinking on and on

imo the notion of knowing right from wrong is so outdated

was this kid , imo , hearing command hallucinations that night - totally -

in his brain, he was being told to kill and eat only mo

In that setting he has no choice but to eat his meds- they keep them slobbering on a couch in some corner and our society says whew, fixed.

They overmedicate them for staffing reasons, they put them in a coma and society is fine its pathetic .

He will not hurt anyone again, he wil be on horse tranquilizers the rest of his life here.

Just moo
Hi CARIIS,

Good post. I agree. I think the umbrella "Insanity" defence is deeply floored. Mental illness is a disease that has many, many facets and different types. There should be guilty or not guilty, but the punishment phase should include appropriate measures for whichever mental illness the transgressor is diagnosed with. Then whether they serve their time out in a mental health facility getting care, or a correctional facility with meds should depend on their assessment and severity of illness. This defence of insane while committing the act has everyone jaded, and does not serve society in the end. I also agree that the institutionalized are over medicated. We haven't touched the tip of the iceberg with mental diseases and we need to wake up fast because so many young people are suffering. (I also blame the over writing of RXs that pediatricians hand out to children now a days)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I worked at a girl's summer camp in Maine in '04. I was surprised at how many kids in elementary and Jr. High were on prozac, adderall, and bi-polar meds. These kids were wall between the ages of 6" to 15.

I worked at a girl's summer camp in Maine in '04. I was surprised at how many kids in elementary and Jr. High were on prozac, adderall, and bi-polar meds. These kids were wall between the ages of 6" to 15.
Well, I'm pretty old now but when I was a kid I attended summer camp in rural New England. Most kids back then didn't take any meds, save for the occasional kid with pollen allergies.

Now, that doesn't surprise me. Parental styled have changed and we as a society now looks for a fix for everything. With pharmaceuticals, we expect a pill to fix everything now and that's why we have huge populous of kids taking 2 or 3 different ADD meds and such. Of course, diet I think plays a role in that but it's sad nonetheless.

I think a lot of that stuff is over prescribed anyway, but now we are headed to generation after generation of people being dependent upon pills.

Well, I'm pretty old now but when I was a kid I attended summer camp in rural New England. Most kids back then didn't take any meds, save for the occasional kid with pollen allergies.

Now, that doesn't surprise me. Parental styled have changed and we as a society now looks for a fix for everything. With pharmaceuticals, we expect a pill to fix everything now and that's why we have huge populous of kids taking 2 or 3 different ADD meds and such. Of course, diet I think plays a role in that but it's sad nonetheless.

I think a lot of that stuff is over prescribed anyway, but now we are headed to generation after generation of people being dependent upon pills.

Amen...I didn't even know a single kid with a peanut allergy that's for sure....and ADHD was just a hyper kid...you didn't throw a pill at it....sad times.

I have some sympathy for Austin's voluntary intoxication by means of alcohol and marihuana. I have a lot more sympathy for a gentleman who was cannibalized, and his wife who had her brains kicked in and savagely beaten.

I have some sympathy for Austin's voluntary intoxication by means of alcohol and marihuana. I have a lot more sympathy for a gentleman who was cannibalized, and his wife who had her brains kicked in and savagely beaten.

Why would you have sympathy for his voluntary intoxication by means of alcohol and marijuana? That logic escapes me

The only sympathy I have for Austin, is he seems to have mental illness problems that I feel were swept under the rug by family members, and then he came unhinged on three innocent people. I feel like all this could have been avoided if he had been taken to a doctor a year ago when his symptoms started to become noticeable.

The only sympathy I have for Austin, is he seems to have mental illness problems that I feel were swept under the rug by family members, and then he came unhinged on three innocent people. I feel like all this could have been avoided if he had been taken to a doctor a year ago when his symptoms started to become noticeable.

Me too- its a sad story all the way around.

Stopped in hoping for some update. Early detection is key, but I don't think daddy wanted it known his son had mental issues.

I don't know if this is a local thing or not...
I am in Southern Ohio, all the psychiatric places, the doctors are leaving. Hopefully this is just a temporary local issue and not a trend. There are folks out here who NEED mental health attention.

I'm still genuinely surprised by the sheer luck that Austin managed to survive this. The victims didn't seem to own a gun, neither did the neighbor who intervened and the cops showed some serious restraint not shooting him.

But in the end, his life as he knows it is over. Even with great legal defense I don't think he'll see the light of day for sometime...which ultimately might be worse punishment, depending on how this plays out.

Why would you have sympathy for his voluntary intoxication by means of alcohol and marijuana? That logic escapes me

Just mo but some weed and cocktails did not cause this tragedy.

He was very sick, and should have been helped moo

I too, feel for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads