FL - Michelle Mishcon, 53, & John Stevens, 59, brutally murdered, Tequesta, 15 Aug 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd add this 2014 article about the drug mentioned on Dateline. Yikes, I hope it's not around anymore.
Wow! I have never even heard of that synthetic drug. This may sound dumb, but I wonder if young people might think synthetic drugs would be less harmful? There are so many things that are derived from synthetic things, or contain synthetic products. Anyone remember when double knit was popular, and if you weren't wearing flannel shirts and blue jeans, you probably were wearing double knit. That material is mostly synthetic, if I'm remembering correctly. So, if synthetics are safe to wear, then they're OK for use inside the body.
I don't know, that may be far-fetched, but young people usually don't rationalize things out as well, as say somebody in their 30's.

Checked around looking for articles/updates on Austin's condition. Nothing since 9/19, and that was same old thing, nothing new.

I don't think Austin is going to recover back to health either. The hospital hasn't released him after all this time! I can only assume he is not showing signs of recovering. I can't imagine how out of his mind he must have been or for what reason, but it's all turned tragic. His family couldn't have imagined this happening, and I do feel empathy for them trying to deal with the fact that he committed such heinous crimes, but also that he must've drank something very caustic, harmful, and potentially fatal. I wonder if we'll ever find out what caused such a psychotic break.

Watching Dateline tonight about a young girl named Tara Fitzgerald and her friend taking what they thought was LSD which normally doesn't pose a threat of an overdose, but it turned out to be a Synthetic Drug (25i). Tara died, but her friend didn't. It's not like each tab has accurate measurements, and Tara got the tab with the extra deathly drop of killer chemical. LE tracked down the kids that were selling it. China has since made some of the ingredients illegal now, but as we know, these synthetic drugs are showing up way too much. Did anyone else see this Dateline?

Keep me away from infomercials please. Years ago, I bought a Flobee Haircutter you hook up to a vacuum cleaner to cut my hair. Sucked all my bangs clear down to the scalp on my first try.

I just had to !

flowbee-hair-cutting-system-1-300x243.jpg

This young fellow has been hospitalized, if I am counting correctly, 43 days as of today with no recent reports that I can find of his condition changing. That is a long time to be in the hospital, considering to about a week for open heart surgeries (per my knowledge).
I do understand this is a totally different medical situation.
Like many here I just want answers.
I just want to ask, anyone who wants to respond really....especially anyone with medical experience. With this much time in the hospital and what little really we have been told, what the heck is going on?
This man killed two people in cold blood, seriously injuring a third. I am just totally irritated that everything is put on hold this long.
Yes he may be gravely ill, and yes he has his rights. But we have rights also, as taxpayers. The victims families have rights to know something. Surely LE can tell us something...

:doh:

Austin is a long way from recovery, and probably stay that way. We're six weeks away from the nite of the crime, and he hasn't shown much progress in almost a month that we are aware of. I can't see a sudden 75% recovery today, tomorrow, or another six months from now. We all were believing his age would be on his side, and I'm sure that's why he made the progress he has. But any more progress I think is doubtful.

No druggy feeling, no hangover. Just random Facebook and twitter fights, embarrassing emails, surprise boxes from amazon.com, and amnesia!

If not for those few problems I would have stayed on it. :)

BBM

That's a benefit, not a problem!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hi

I am getting to the same place. The really strange part is I dont remember like in the first several days him being that bad off

he talked ( find no drugs) etc

maybe that was the Lunesta also ha!

But if that is the case, the court ordered medical release, and we all know the docs have a prognosis why keep saying nothing??

This reminds me of a totally non-criminal incident involving a high schooler who died from a freak accident while playing basketball. He got injured and was able to talk on the phone where it looked like he was going to be fine, but then at the hospital he deteriorated and ultimately died even though he was young, healthy and able to talk immediately after his injury:
http://kfor.com/2016/03/16/16-year-old-boy-dies-after-freak-accident-on-basketball-court/

He did tell police that, at least they stated so. The chemicals would continue to burn as long as they were in his system, or in direct contact with his skin, thus explaining the continual decline.

I remember the flowbee being advertised on TV, but I thought it was one of those things probably looked easier to use than it actually was! I have really long hair, if that happened to me, I would probably STILL be screaming at that company!

This young fellow has been hospitalized, if I am counting correctly, 43 days as of today with no recent reports that I can find of his condition changing. That is a long time to be in the hospital, considering to about a week for open heart surgeries (per my knowledge).
I do understand this is a totally different medical situation.
Like many here I just want answers.
I just want to ask, anyone who wants to respond really....especially anyone with medical experience. With this much time in the hospital and what little really we have been told, what the heck is going on?
This man killed two people in cold blood, seriously injuring a third. I am just totally irritated that everything is put on hold this long.
Yes he may be gravely ill, and yes he has his rights. But we have rights also, as taxpayers. The victims families have rights to know something. Surely LE can tell us something...

:doh:

I agree, that it is frustrating not knowing more. But the LE specifically has not charged AH with any crime because once they do, that's actually when AH becomes a taxpayer problem.

Currently, his (or his family's) health insurance is picking up the tab but once he is charged, that changes. LE said but for that reason, they will wait to charge AH. (If they ever do, if he ever recovers... For all we know he may be a in a vegetative state, or he may be comatose, or he may be unable to speak and or swallow, or he may be slowly recovering.) I think AH has been in the hospital for so long due to the " caustic chemical(s)" he consumed. I'm sure in time we'll all know what those chemical(s) were, but, that's probably the reason for his extended stay. God only knows what he drank and what that concoction did to ravish his body. I'm sure it isn't pleasant.

And it is been discussed previously that AH may have had a psychotic break induced by some sort of schizophrenia or schizo-affective dx either on its own or possibly exacerbated by anabolic Steriod use and withdrawal or possibly other drugs... (I personally do not think Flakka had anything to do with the butchering of that poor couple.)

I know what he did was horrific, but I am also one of the people who think he had some sort of psychological meltdown, and these psychotic/homicidal rages are so extremely rare in occurance and so incredibly scary that it is hard to grasp that the possibility his own mind did this rather than some synthetic chemical.

I am a victims advocate and I guarantee that LE has been in constant contact with the victims families and they have full access to information and resources offered by the department... Just because we are out of the loop, doesn't mean they are as well.

I don't think Austin is going to recover back to health either. The hospital hasn't released him after all this time! I can only assume he is not showing signs of recovering. I can't imagine how out of his mind he must have been or for what reason, but it's all turned tragic. His family couldn't have imagined this happening, and I do feel empathy for them trying to deal with the fact that he committed such heinous crimes, but also that he must've drank something very caustic, harmful, and potentially fatal. I wonder if we'll ever find out what caused such a psychotic break.

Watching Dateline tonight about a young girl named Tara Fitzgerald and her friend taking what they thought was LSD which normally doesn't pose a threat of an overdose, but it turned out to be a Synthetic Drug (25i). Tara died, but her friend didn't. It's not like each tab has accurate measurements, and Tara got the tab with the extra deathly drop of killer chemical. LE tracked down the kids that were selling it. China has since made some of the ingredients illegal now, but as we know, these synthetic drugs are showing up way too much. Did anyone else see this Dateline?

Keep me away from infomercials please. Years ago, I bought a Flobee Haircutter you hook up to a vacuum cleaner to cut my hair. Sucked all my bangs clear down to the scalp on my first try.

I just had to !

flowbee-hair-cutting-system-1-300x243.jpg

Hahaha! My friend and I loved this infomercial and watched everytime we saw it!

I agree, that it is frustrating not knowing more. But the LE specifically has not charged AH with any crime because once they do, that's actually when AH becomes a taxpayer problem.

Currently, his (or his family's) health insurance is picking up the tab but once he is charged, that changes. LE said but for that reason, they will wait to charge AH. (If they ever do, if he ever recovers... For all we know he may be a in a vegetative state, or he may be comatose, or he may be unable to speak and or swallow, or he may be slowly recovering.) I think AH has been in the hospital for so long due to the " caustic chemical(s)" he consumed. I'm sure in time we'll all know what those chemical(s) were, but, that's probably the reason for his extended stay. God only knows what he drank and what that concoction did to ravish his body. I'm sure it isn't pleasant.

And it is been discussed previously that AH may have had a psychotic break induced by some sort of schizophrenia or schizo-affective dx either on its own or possibly exacerbated by anabolic Steriod use and withdrawal or possibly other drugs... (I personally do not think Flakka had anything to do with the butchering of that poor couple.)

I know what he did was horrific, but I am also one of the people who think he had some sort of psychological meltdown, and these psychotic/homicidal rages are so extremely rare in occurance and so incredibly scary that it is hard to grasp that the possibility his own mind did this rather than some synthetic chemical.

I am a victims advocate and I guarantee that LE has been in constant contact with the victims families and they have full access to information and resources offered by the department... Just because we are out of the loop, doesn't mean they are as well.

I hope this doesn't get swept under the carpet and forgotten. It seems the Missy Bever's case went ice cold. Seeking justice for all the victim's families.

Keep me away from infomercials please. Years ago, I bought a Flobee Haircutter you hook up to a vacuum cleaner to cut my hair. Sucked all my bangs clear down to the scalp on my first try. :iamashamed:
This last part about the Flowbee. I'm dead![emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If it's been this long I can only imagine he's doing poorly.

But then again he could be fairly stable and the family's lawyers could be advising them to take as long as necessary so they form a strategy to handle this. It's kind of a unique situation.

Also, if I was a doctor and he was under my care with police and possibly lawyers under close watch, I'd make sure he was absolutely 100% before I signed for his release. Obviously, he was released prematurely that could be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

But, just my opinion and who knows if he even survives. That would be a surely bizarre way to end this...all questions, no answers.

an interesting article:

Characteristics of the minimally conscious state

Sometimes follows simple instructions
May communicate yes or no by talking or gesturing
May speak some understandable words or phrases
May respond to people, things, or other events by:
crying, smiling, or laughing;
making sounds or gesturing;
reaching for objects;
trying to hold or use an object or
keeping the eyes focused on people or things for a sustained period of time whether they are moving or staying still.
People in a minimally conscious state do these things inconsistently. For example, one time the person might be able to follow a simple instruction and another time they might not be able to follow any instructions at all. This makes it difficult to distinguish the vegetative state from the minimally conscious state.

While in a minimally conscious state, people need extensive care similar to that needed by people in a vegetative state.

http://www.brainline.org/content/20...states-after-severe-brain-injury_pageall.html

And if they do decide to dismiss him after they determine he will not progress any further, he will likely be in a long time care facility with a feeding tube and need assistance with everything. He could live like that for a few months or 30 years. Depends on his body.

And if they do decide to dismiss him after they determine he will not progress any further, he will likely be in a long time care facility with a feeding tube and need assistance with everything. He could live like that for a few months or 30 years. Depends on his body.

I have wondered if he is like brain dead, or when it was on the news did he have awareness of what he did? If I remember correctly he was oriented to some degree before decomping to his current level of functioning.

As this has progressed and parents are in the pull plug place in the entire sitution that has some more implications in this sitution, con sidering what will be happening in terms of his future

What was the name of the woman in Florida? There was a big controversy. I kind of think he might be like her. Not quite there and not quite gone. Perhaps his parents are holding on thinking if whatever he took gets out if his system he'll be okay.

Jmo

Still pondering several things.

That Toadies videos opens with a woman's body wrapped in plastic, held with tape, and being dragged to and into a lake.
The lead singer is a killer and sings about it.

It makes me uncomfortable. It's disturbing. I have never seen anything like it in a music video.

I think to myself, that guy has to be a sociopath. Might be, many are successful. But where did this come from in the mind really and surely it doesn't mean that it's very many fans are sociopaths or fantasize murdering women.

I think, being from the 90's...we heard it and it did not seem so graphic. And that bass riff is,..well,killer.

But then I ask myself, why does this feel different with the incredibly graphic movies & tv programs we call entertainment. Makes the song not much of anything in comparison.

And, also, we here, WS'rs follow such cases on a frequent basis.

It still feels fundamentally diffferent being expressed in music but I can't exactly pin down why.

I do want to chat more about this subject..but more later.

I listened to a lot of this style music in the 90s. Of course I cut my teeth on Cooper, who was seen as just as horrifying back then, and the godfather of shock rock. This song is just nothing compared to the horror-core, acid rap, and hardcore punk genres that are out there today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz