FL - Michelle Mishcon, 53, & John Stevens, 59, brutally murdered, Tequesta, 15 Aug 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's half way through the show. Dr. Phil asked him what he felt when he left the restaurant. Austin didn't remember raising his hand towards his father in a somewhat threatening manner, but he was asked that as well. Austin did say he left the restaurant "maybe to teach his Dad a lesson" and that he was mad at his father then.

I don't understand why his mother drove him back to the restaurant at that point.

Well, actually, I don't understand why so many people around him didn't take the signs seriously enough to get him help.

That interview was a total head scratch imo.
The victim family responses at the end were straight forward and imo the same way I would feel.

But couldn't he still have mental illness as it could have been the "voices" telling him to commit suicide?

But couldn't he still have mental illness as it could have been the "voices" telling him to commit suicide?

He said he didn't want to die in the interview. He didn't mention voices telling him to kill himself. He was in and out of blackouts it seems. There are things he recollects very clearly and others he doesn't. I'm fairly divided about to case honestly.

Maybe it is the therapist in me. It could be true that they went to that idiot cause they were trying to get what many think is expert help!

Phil is a schmuck clinically!! But Oprah found him - rest is history,

I just don't feel like in that whirlwind they were thinking about 4 years down the road - I think all feeling profound guilt and confusion about events.

Hey, Dr. Phil was able to guess and write down beforehand that Austin would least like the Number 6.

Aren't you impressed? :giggle:

Hey, Dr. Phil was able to guess and write down beforehand that Austin would least like the Number 6.

Aren't you impressed? :giggle:

Nice to "see" you. Do not get me going again!! He repulses me

Watching the dr Phil interview now. I'm sure he's been on medication but he is very stable and well spoken imo

That was how he hi tme too. I ended up in the beginning of this watching evvery YT he posted trying to grasp him.

He never came off as bright as he did. Meds!

But a lot of us throughout the first (and there were medical folks) two months who had trouble understanding the length of stay.

He just did not look like a person who had been near death for a month and half.

I think the length of stay was manipulated by dad.

There was some drama. He looked worse on the perp walk than he did , what, a week earlier. That is typically not how healing works IMO

Do I believe he is very sick , indeed, but IMO there has been some "dancing" as far as the system goes. moo

God the long version is worse than the edited one the other day. he is telling Austin everything.

Oh good lord I just heard about the number 6 never heard anything like that or so stupid. People with profound mental illness have an issue with the number 6 - Phil has not taken his meds today!

Have any of you ever heard of a human being having "feelings" about numbers? That is absurd. Anyone ever in your lives describes having a dislike of some number?

Both victims are in the same age range as his parents.

How does that help understand what was going on for him?

In the long version tho what struck me most was that he mentioned that both victims "yelled at me". "Were yelling at me".

As did Daniel.

As did his father in the restaurant. I would also assume mom yelled at him with oil in his hand

so everyone is yelling at him that night..............

Just tossing it out......

Dissociative fugue
, formerly fugue state or psychogenic fugue, is a dissociative disorder.[SUP][1][/SUP] It is a rare psychiatric disorder characterized by reversible amnesia for personal identity, including the memories, personality, and other identifying characteristics of individuality. The state is usually short-lived (ranging from hours to days), but can last months or longer. Dissociative fugue usually involves unplanned travel or wandering, and is sometimes accompanied by the establishment of a new identity. It is a facet of dissociative amnesia, according to the fifth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5).

After recovery from fugue, previous memories usually return intact. Because of this, there is not normally any treatment necessary for people who have been in fugue states. Additionally, an episode of fugue is not characterized as attributable to a psychiatric disorder if it can be related to the ingestion of psychotropic substances, to physical trauma, to a general medical condition, or to other psychiatric conditions such as dissociative identity disorder, delirium, or dementia.[SUP][2][/SUP] Fugues are usually precipitated by a stressful episode, and upon recovery there may be amnesia for the original stressor (dissociative amnesia).

• sudden, unexpected travel away from home or one's customary place of work, with inability to recall one's past
  • confusion about personal identity, or the assumption of a new identity
  • significant distress or impairment
The Merck Manual[SUP][8][/SUP] defines dissociative fugue as:
One or more episodes of amnesia in which the inability to recall some or all of one's past and either the loss of one's identity or the formation of a new identity occur with sudden, unexpected, purposeful travel away from home

An individual usually has only one episode.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fugue_state.

I was watching video today of the Swedish women who ran into traffic... what causes someone to have a random episode of psychosis like that? These women had been hit by cars and still wanted to run onto the highway. They fought off police officers and said "Call the police!"

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyPxKqmPFwI-0hhmApAe7fp8dxKTsGj2_7qp437VZZNUi6ebqaqTEjDK073GEY id3ZC923bXxnuTreiTbAbdSKzQs6HM6h0bQ&v=jPmZNoZvcKE[/video]

The officers at the scene were convinced the two were on drugs but that's not what it was.

Anyway. They made me think of Austin.

Stopped in hoping for some update. Early detection is key, but I don't think daddy wanted it known his son had mental issues.

I don't know if this is a local thing or not...
I am in Southern Ohio, all the psychiatric places, the doctors are leaving. Hopefully this is just a temporary local issue and not a trend. There are folks out here who NEED mental health attention.

Just reading this thread after watching the show. To answer your question, here in Central Florida, there is almost zero help for the mentally ill. One time I was trying to get a relative to a psych doctor and it took a whole day and many, many phone calls. Also, if a person is Baker Acted here (poses immediate harm to ones self or others), they are usually not even kept at the facility for more than overnight. It extends to 72 hours at most. It takes a judge to commit someone longer, and commit them where? Mental hospitals in Florida were all closed many decades ago. There's just no help out there. Something needs to be done.

My husband thinks Dr. Phil is the cat's meow! Most of the time he makes me want to throw something at him! Somebody on the Rhoden thread suggested calling Dateline, 20/20, or Dr. Phil. If Dr. Phil couldn't put the guilty parties on his show and convince them to go to treatment center, then he couldn't help at all! From what I've seen on his show, most people come across as being beyond stupid, or they need their A$$ kicked for being lazy, spoiled rotten conceited slobs who think everybody should agree with them and feel sorry for them. Or, the parents are separated, and family members claim the child came home from dad's claiming they had been touched inappropriately. Or, the child is too young to understand that saying things like this about dad that are untrue could get dad put in jail. Maybe somebody on mom's side of the family told them to say these things about dad and they will get a new bicycle, or get to go to Disneyland, or whatever! It is only years later they realize they were coaxed into saying these things because mom, or somebody else hated their dad. Dr Phil seems to try to coax answers out of people, regardless of the reason they are there in the first place. I have a SIL, who says ridiculous, way out things about family members that are untrue. NOT because she has emotional problems, but because she is a first class witch with a capital B! She isn't happy unless she is making other people miserable. After putting up with her for for over 33 years, and I finally had enough, and haven't spoken to her in over 4years.

My husband thinks Dr. Phil is the cat's meow! Most of the time he makes me want to throw something at him! Somebody on the Rhoden thread suggested calling Dateline, 20/20, or Dr. Phil. If Dr. Phil couldn't put the guilty parties on his show and convince them to go to treatment center, then he couldn't help at all! From what I've seen on his show, most people come across as being beyond stupid, or they need their A$$ kicked for being lazy, spoiled rotten conceited slobs who think everybody should agree with them and feel sorry for them. Or, the parents are separated, and family members claim the child came home from dad's claiming they had been touched inappropriately. Or, the child is too young to understand that saying things like this about dad that are untrue could get dad put in jail. Maybe somebody on mom's side of the family told them to say these things about dad and they will get a new bicycle, or get to go to Disneyland, or whatever! It is only years later they realize they were coaxed into saying these things because mom, or somebody else hated their dad. Dr Phil seems to try to coax answers out of people, regardless of the reason they are there in the first place. I have a SIL, who says ridiculous, way out things about family members that are untrue. NOT because she has emotional problems, but because she is a first class witch with a capital B! She isn't happy unless she is making other people miserable. After putting up with her for for over 33 years, and I finally had enough, and haven't spoken to her in over 4years.

You go girl - Phil is Maury Polvish of these years

I found that documentary about the swedish ladies visiting England very interesting too. It's been awhile, I have forgotten diagnosis other than it was a psychosis.

Was looking for anything new on this case, couldn't find anything....wheels of Justice are slow.

I watched most of the Dr. Phil interview. What struck me was how uncomfortable he got when the subject of what he drank came up. Of all the awful and bizarre details and THAT causes a significant reaction? Weird.

NEW: In calls from jail, Austin Harrouff wants to be ‘normal kid again’

Fresh off his arrest, accused face-biter Austin Harrouff complained to his parents about adjusting to jail life: He was bored. Lonely. He heard the guards talking about him. They thought he was a monster, he said.

“It just sucks. I just want to be a normal kid again,” Harrouff said.

The State Attorney’s Office in Martin County this week released hundreds of jail calls between Harrouff and his family since he was brought to the jail Oct. 3 on charges of first-degree murder and attempted murder.

“This is a nightmare, dad,” he says.

“I know it’s a nightmare,” Wade Harrouff says. “It wasn’t you, Austin. This thing that happened wasn’t you.”

As far as we know, is AH court date still set for July 25? Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllaMichael