FL - Michelle Mishcon, 53, & John Stevens, 59, murdered, Tequesta, 15 Aug 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for notifying a mod to combine the two threads, Maxine2U.

I read in another article that the toxicology testing will include his hair samples to see if he had been using a synthetic drug in the months prior, and surely, please tell me they will, test for steroids too. The results could take up to three weeks.

Notice his mother's boyfriend made a statement to the news as he was picking up the mail. He said, "We have a lawyer...", so I'm wondering if he lived with the mother and son before the son went to stay with his father.

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-n-p...-suspect-still-waiting-to-see-him-in-hospital

whoa! this guy had to been on drugs of some kind. biting the victim's face? that is just, well, words fail me now. :maddening:

Agree.

But forget him. Jmo.

Because I want the drug dealer that's going to continue selling this same drug to others. Jmo.

If a drug is out there that makes you want to kill and eat humans.

Then the dealers should be sentence to death. Jmo.

where is dexter morgan when ya need him? :thinking:

Obviously the media is drawing parallels to this case and Rudy Eugene, most notably a few have pointed out that Rudy, who was black, was shot and killed whereas Austin, who is white, was not shot...therefore the "rich white kid" got special treatment and was allowed to live despite killing two people and wounding a neighbor.

Police are trained to do two things in situations like this: 1) keep at a safe distance from the assailant 2) Only fire a shot of you are 100% sure the victim will not be injured.

With Rudy Eugene, we don't have clear enough video to assess exactly what happened, where he was in relation to the victim when shot, but regardless the officer felt confident he could stop the assailant and not further injure the victim...and that's exactly what he did. He could have slightly upright while laying on his victim on the ground, giving a clear shot, he could have moved away from the victim. Regardless, the cop did what he had to and did so safely. Not because of Rudy Eugene's skin color, because he was confident in his training enough to stop a grisly attack.

Same idea with this attack, perhaps Austin was too close to his victim, closely hunched over almost laying on top of him. Not a safe position to shoot an assailant at all. They had no idea if the victim was dead or alive, maybe if they did things would have been different. Maybe they took an overly conservative approach but either way they considered the safety of the victim and did not want lodge a stray bullet in the guy.

Again, it goes back to training. Keeping a safe distance and only shooting when the target is clear...not obscured by the victim. Regardless of how vicious or deadly the attack is they try to deal with it safely and in accordance with protocol. Yes, that doesn't always happen but conversely police aren't trained to put down attackers with point blank shots like rabid animals, even in cases like this.

This latest instance, yes it might be a rich white kid but I don't think that had any bearing on how police handled it at the scene. Whatever advantage that has to him, if anything, will likely benefit him in court...if he makes it that far. But either way, I can't imagine any lawyer in the world saving this kid after this. No juror would want to see a person like this in the general public for a very long time.

Has he been officially charged yet?
I really hope he doesn't walk like the Affluenza Texas Teen did after killing three people while DUI.

Wonder if the police had cameras on them.....yowza

Wonder if the police had cameras on them.....yowza

I hope so otherwise with good attorneys they may try to cast blame that he did not kill the couple only bit the man. That worries me. The affluenza effect.

He doesn't look like he's on a murderous rampage just walking out. Perhaps he's a psychopath with roid rage issues mixed with illegal street drugs?

:waitasec: Gosh, there had to be something chemical in his system to make him turn into a snarling animal and be so unstoppable despite all attempts including stun guns and police dogs. I find it odd whatever chemicals running through his system didn't kick into a rage until after he left the restaurant. He was mad at the restaurant, but able to maintain.

He really doesn't look like he's storming out in any kind of rage. No one seems to be chasing after him to get him to stay. I can't tell how many people are at that dinner table, but it says he was having an argument with his father. It's also been reported he was impatient about not being served food fast enough. Whatever, there was probably no way of knowing what he'd do next. Did he take something after he left the restaurant? Who would think he's going off to commit such horrific crimes?

Good pictures of him leaving the restaurant here.

Chilling footage shows 'cannibal killer' storming out of a Florida restaurant just moments before 'murdering random couple and eating one of his victim's faces'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ring-neighbors-eating-one-victim-s-faces.html

Nothing about that video is chilling and he's certainly not 'storming' out of the restaurant.. He doesn't even look upset. Daily Mail and their over the top headlines.

Did any of the recent articles elaborate on his travel after leaving the restaurant?

Initially I figured he left in his own car, but by the sound of some articles it seemed like maybe he walked heading to his dad's house and took a slight detour a few blocks away and encountered the couple in their garage...

Based on the time line it seems like he left around 830 pm and by about 930 pm 911 calls were coming in.

Edit: nevermind, it looks like he did walk. It appears while he intended to go to his dad's house but the victims house would be on the way if he was walking...

Nothing about that video is chilling and he's certainly not 'storming' out of the restaurant.. He doesn't even look upset. Daily Mail and their over the top headlines.

I agree, but they always have the best pictures though. Gotta give them some credit, IMO. I didn't even know what his mother or father looked like until the Daily Mail article.

Went looking for a more definitive timeline, but couldn't find the right news article. I did find about the tox screening including blood, hair, and DNA. I'm anxious to hear those results, especially if the hair will show long-term use of some drug.

http://fox4kc.com/2016/08/17/shawnee-mans-dad-and-stepmom-killed-in-south-florida/

I haven't been able to check out all his videos as I'm still having computer fan problems when I try to watch videos, but it sounds like he made some strange ones.

:eek: In a July 11 rap video titled, “You Do You Freestyle,” he sings: “I’d rather cut using a knife and slit my own throat. I’m like Bugs Bunny, I stick my teeth in because it’s funny. I’m like a Looney Tune, I take a lot of shrooms.”

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...in-harrouffs-bizarre-online-persona/88918500/

Went looking for a more definitive timeline, but couldn't find the right news article. I did find about the tox screening including blood, hair, and DNA. I'm anxious to hear those results, especially if the hair will show long-term use of some drug.

http://fox4kc.com/2016/08/17/shawnee-mans-dad-and-stepmom-killed-in-south-florida/

I haven't been able to check out all his videos as I'm still having computer fan problems when I try to watch videos, but it sounds like he made some strange ones.

How long would steroids stay in his system? If he was taking steroids but then decided to stop, that could actually fit with "roid rage." But if he did stop taking them, would anything be found on tox screen?

“Rage episodes usually occur when they are off the drug,” said Hall, an epidemiologist at Nova Southeastern University. “Before I even saw the videos, having heard of his background as an active athlete, I thought this may not be excited delirium, but steroid rage.”
http://www.staradvertiser.com/break...ek-death-penalty-against-face-biting-suspect/

After viewing his videos, I am thinking this is more likely to be "roid rage" than flakka. Videos seems to suggest he might have been taking steroids but stopped. Apparently that's when "roid rage" could take place, after a person is off the drug. Which could be fitting well into the scenario.
This article describes roid rage.

"Yes. It's been implicated in a number of murders and can result in extreme
aberrations of behavior including the taking of one's life."
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/facts-and-myths-about-roid-rage/

Oh, steroid rage happens when off the drug! How long after you stop taking them though? I know the hair testing can mark a timeline when drugs were taken in the past, but then I realized, short hair, and he probably got haircuts often. MOO, seems like it will be a tricky trial to DP prosecute if he was trying to get off steroids and then had this rage.

The couple's son and the daughter want a Death Penalty trial.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/break...ek-death-penalty-against-face-biting-suspect/

“It is not super important to me what his mindset was,” Stevens said of Harrouff today. “I just want to see the prosecutor ask for the death penalty. I want him to go through that process and to pay for what he did.”

Ivy Stevens, John Stevens’ daughter, echoed her brother’s sentiments about what she wanted to happen next. “I hope he makes a full recovery so he can be put through the justice system,” she said.

Headline: "Shocking statement accused face-biting killer Austin Harrouff told cops at the hospital"
“I have never seen a scene that had this much savagery and this much violence ever,” said William Snyder, Martin County Sheriff."

“When we got him to the hospital he said you’re not gonna find any drugs in my blood,” Snyder said, referring to Austin Harrouff."

"A search of Austin Harrouff’s home yielded nothing compelling for sheriff’s investigators."

"A neighbor calls Austin’s behavior “odd”—telling us a week or two before the double murder, Austin was in his backyard firing a handgun—and he shot and killed a bird in the neighbor’s yard.
The day of the double murder, Austin was seen fighting with his father in the driveway, then speeding away."

http://cbs12.com/news/local/gruesome-new-details-released-in-face-biting-murders

Headline: "Shocking statement accused face-biting killer Austin Harrouff told cops at the hospital"
“I have never seen a scene that had this much savagery and this much violence ever,” said William Snyder, Martin County Sheriff."

“When we got him to the hospital he said you’re not gonna find any drugs in my blood,” Snyder said, referring to Austin Harrouff."

"A search of Austin Harrouff’s home yielded nothing compelling for sheriff’s investigators."

"A neighbor calls Austin’s behavior “odd”—telling us a week or two before the double murder, Austin was in his backyard firing a handgun—and he shot and killed a bird in the neighbor’s yard.
The day of the double murder, Austin was seen fighting with his father in the driveway, then speeding away."

http://cbs12.com/news/local/gruesome-new-details-released-in-face-biting-murders

wow add psychopath to the list. My guess he will be diagnosed one.

FWIW, I personally think AH had a psychotic break. Maybe he was already towing the line mentally when he most likely began steroid use/abuse. Maybe the steroids ignited the psychotic episode, but, I believe the propensity for violence was already there in him. Maybe it would have come out either way, but this person does not seem as though he was stable to begin with...

I also do not think Flakka had anything to do with his insanity. I read he advised LE that they would find nothing in his system. I believe him.

AH was probably throwing up red flags everywhere and probably has been for a while. He's 19 and male... I'm also going to give AH's family the benefit of the doubt until there is a reason not to. It's extremely difficult to get a psychiatric hold on anyone and just erratic behavior isn't going to do it. I'm pretty sure his parents are just as horrified as everyone else and never imagined their son was so deranged to butcher two innocent souls and eat one's face off. How incredibly horrible. I'm sure no one could predict that level of crazy and dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper