FL - Michelle Mishcon, 53, & John Stevens, 59, murdered, Tequesta, 15 Aug 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wptv.com/news/region-mar...-super-powers-his-mother-tells-jupiter-police

A Jupiter police officer spoke with Mina Harrouff on Monday, August 15, 2016. She told the officer that her son, 19-year-old Austin Harrouff, abruptly left dinner with friends and family at Duffy's restaurant on Indiantown Road in Jupiter that evening after getting in an argument with his father.

According to the incident report, she told the officer that Austin had been acting strangely for the last week or so. She said he would say things like he had super powers, that he was here to protect people, and other odd remarks.

Was he out to dinner with both of them or just his mom? I wonder if more than slow service triggered him. I can't think of why a college kid would take something like flakka before going to dinner with parents unless he was dared to do it. I think there are some underlying mental health issues, drugs or not, though it could be something more medical like a tumor or rabies. It will be interesting to hear the details.

Totally agree with you Vail. It was reported he was having dinner with his parents, but parents are divorced. So it could have been his mother and stepfather, if she was remarried, or just his mother.

Yes, I find it odd about taking flakka. As you said, did he take it before having dinner with family, did he go to the restroom and take it there, or did he take it during his one hour walk to his father's house. So many questions, Sheriffs Dept. isn't saying much.

My big question is: Why was he in critical condition at the hospital?

IMHO

Totally agree with you Vail. It was reported he was having dinner with his parents, but parents are divorced. So it could have been his mother and stepfather, if she was remarried, or just his mother.

Yes, I find it odd about taking flakka. As you said, did he take it before having dinner with family, did he go to the restroom and take it there, or did he take it during his one hour walk to his father's house. So many questions, Sheriffs Dept. isn't saying much.

My big question is: Why was he in critical condition at the hospital?

IMHO

Wildebeest, reports said that he appeared to have ingested something that caused intestinal distress. My husband and I were theorizing he could have downed some chemical (like antifreeze, drano, etc from the garage) or an object that caused an obstruction during the crime.

And now it turns out our offender has a YouTube channel (of course he does) where he posted some videos: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ddle-aged-couple-death-ate-victim-s-face.html

So... his video suggests there was perhaps steroid use at some point?

And it appears dad has had his share of personal issues as explained in that article as well.

This is so awful and just... weird.

I hesitate to come to any opinion on what was going on with this young man to cause such a tragedy to that lovely couple. His own life and his family have also been destroyed by this horrific crime that came out of the blue. Was he slipped some flakka or did he take some? I can't imagine how he'd decide to try such a unpredictable drug, taking into consideration that Austin didn't have regular drugs in his system such as marijuana or meth, nor a criminal history. I really want to understand what happened to derail his life so suddenly, and leave two innocent people dead.

Mina Harrouff called Jupiter police about three hours after Austin Harrouff stormed out of a restaurant Monday night following an argument with his father, the report said. She told an officer her son had been acting strangely for about a week, said he had superpowers and that he was "here to protect people," the report said. She told Officer Luis Rocha her son had no history of mental illness nor heavy drug use.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/teens-condition-worsening-florida-face-biting-attack-114553878.html

According to a report on TV within the last hour, whatever he had in his system has debilitated his system so severely he is in ICU on life support.

Are there any local posters here who could possibly give an update on the neighbor who was also stabbed?

More coming out about Austin and his family life.

There were signs of trouble leading up to Monday night's breakdown. Harrouff's parents are divorced, and neighbors of the home where Harrouff was living with his father, dentist Wade Harrouff, this summer, say he seemed aggressive and rowdy. One neighbor told the Herald they often saw Austin partying with friends in the backyard. Another said father and son had screaming fights in front of the house.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article96217747.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article96217747.html

Can the OP please add the name of the accused in the thread heading so it is searchable? And perhaps make the subject heading a bit less tabloidy? It needs more clear details. TIA.

Harrouff’s mother, Mina, called 911 after her son abruptly left the restaurant Monday. Harrouff’s mother told police her son had gotten into an argument with his father at Duffy’s and that he had been acting strangely for approximately a week, saying that he “was immortal,” had "super powers" and "was here to protect people," according to the Jupiter police report.

“It’s like he just — changed,” his mother told the 911 operator.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article96217747.html#storylink=cpy

There were signs of trouble leading up to Monday night's breakdown. Harrouff's parents are divorced, and neighbors of the home where Harrouff was living with his father, dentist Wade Harrouff, this summer, say he seemed aggressive and rowdy. One neighbor told the Herald they often saw Austin partying with friends in the backyard. Another said father and son had screaming fights in front of the house.

ummm, yeah, steroids or onset of mental illness. Sad for so many no matter what the case...

There's 2 threads going on at the same time for this tragic topic. The other thread has Martin County in it.

Can someone alert a Mod to combine the threads, please?

Ok. Remember the Florida guy on bath salts that killed a guy and started eating him?

Ok. So what does this tells us.

This student probably bought bath salts or another drug that was laced with bath salts. Jmo.

Temporarily insane plea is definitely in the realm. Jmo.

R.i.p to the couple.

I hesitate to come to any opinion on what was going on with this young man to cause such a tragedy to that lovely couple. His own life and his family have also been destroyed by this horrific crime that came out of the blue. Was he slipped some flakka or did he take some? I can't imagine how he'd decide to try such a unpredictable drug, taking into consideration that Austin didn't have regular drugs in his system such as marijuana or meth, nor a criminal history. I really want to understand what happened to derail his life so suddenly, and leave two innocent people dead.

I think whatever he took, he took it on his own free will. Mom admitted to the officer that she didn't know him to take "hard drugs" so he's obviously experimented with something in the past. Plus, being a College Student, he probably chose the drug he chose because it wasn't as easy to detect. I doubt very much he was as innocent as he appeared to people who knew him.

I really wish the mom would have called police when he first started acting erratic and they could have had him held under the Baker Act until they could determine what was causing his behavior. I personally don't think he was mentally ill, but it would have at least given his parents something to work with in trying to get him help for whatever was going on.

One part of me hopes that he does die so the families of the victims won't have to go through years of legal shenanigans trying to make excuses for his behavior that night. The other part of me hopes he survives and rots in prison for the rest of his life.

Information on AH's father. One wonders if there was any kind of abuse involved prior to the divorce and/or history of mental illness in the family. Just because the mother states there was no history doesn't mean it didn't exist. IMO, AH was never diagnosed with what appears to be the onset of a serious mental illness. Add the possibility of something like Bath Salts to the mix and it was a tragedy in the making. MOO.

Harrouff's father, an implantology and cosmetic dentist, has been disciplined four times by the State of Florida Board of Dentistry, for misdiagnosing or mistreating patients, with consequences that include fines and remedial courses. Wade Harrouff also has been arrested twice for DUI, in 2011 in Juno Beach and in 2012 in Lantana.

According to a report on TV within the last hour, whatever he had in his system has debilitated his system so severely he is in ICU on life support.

He is in stable condition.
"On Wednesday Harrouff, according to a spokesperson for the Martin County Sheriff’s Department, was stable and conscious and under armed guard in an unidentified Palm Beach County hospital, where he had hand surgery."

Was he out to dinner with both of them or just his mom? I wonder if more than slow service triggered him. I can't think of why a college kid would take something like flakka before going to dinner with parents unless he was dared to do it. I think there are some underlying mental health issues, drugs or not, though it could be something more medical like a tumor or rabies. It will be interesting to hear the details.

Rabies? If he had rabies he would be dead. Unless vaccinated, untreated rabies are 100% lethal.

Ok. Remember the Florida guy on bath salts that killed a guy and started eating him?

Ok. So what does this tells us.

This student probably bought bath salts or another drug that was laced with bath salts. Jmo.

Temporarily insane plea is definitely in the realm. Jmo.

R.i.p to the couple.

bbm - If he survives. Didn't they say he's in bad shape?

I didn't see anything at that link that indicated what name he gave but interestingly the "switchblade" is no longer being reported instead it says:

Harrouff had “weapons of opportunity,” meaning items in the garage, at his disposal, Snyder said. He used multiple weapons to kill Mishcon and Stevens, Snyder said.

Sad story, I hope they can figure out what he may have ingested. The original report made it sound like he had been at dinner with his family just before the attack but the video makes it sounds like he might have been out with friends, I hope they will reveal anything they might know.

Read the article that I linked to. The name is in the article toward the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay