FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the things I'd like to know in this case is HOW many texts went unanswered BEFORE the "waterford" text was sent from Michelle's phone and WHO sent those texts. That would be pretty telling... I mean if her son A sent 3-4 texts and no answer and other family members sent texts saying "you ok?", "let us know you are ok" etc and then her brother asks where she is and gets an immediate response that would be pretty OBVIOUS this person was trying to either buy time or minimize concern that Michelle was in danger. Wonder if Michelle's family has seen her phone/text records...

I'm not sure the family has seen her phone/text records. But this is on the Timeline"

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7425602&postcount=28

4:26pm the time immediately after Dustin sending the text he received only 1 reply from the 3 texts he'd sent. It was a reply from Michelle's cell phone that consisted of one, single word, "Waterford". This is the last known contact with Michelle's phone.
*note that according to MSM not only was the location of the phone not in Waterford when the 4:26pm text was sent, but it's reported that the phones records show the phone to not have been in Waterford at any time that day/night of 11/17**
[brother, MSM]

BBM

However, I thought Michelle went shoe shopping in Waterford Lakes?
Am I mistaken?

ETA: Never mind, there's no link and so I must have remembered incorrectly. I just remembered the shoe shopping. My bad.

I'm not sure the family has seen her phone/text records. But this is on the Timeline"

BBM

However, I thought Michelle went shoe shopping in Waterford Lakes?
Am I mistaken?

I don't remember the exact page or link, but I thought I remembered reading that her intention was to go shoe shopping with her mom, but that never happened. Does someone else remember this?

I don't remember the exact page or link, but I thought I remembered reading that her intention was to go shoe shopping with her mom, but that never happened. Does someone else remember this?

FYI, I edited my post because I feel I was mistaken about where the shoe shopping was. I don't think that was ever reported...I mean the location. Can't find it, anyway.
So sorry

FYI, I edited my post because I feel I was mistaken about where the shoe shopping was. I don't think that was ever reported...I mean the location. Can't find it, anyway.
So sorry

No worries. =) I'm trying to make sense of it all myself and reviewing the timeline was very helpful. I'm wondering about all those little things, like shoe shopping or not shoe shopping. They all fit into the puzzle IMO.

No worries. =) I'm trying to make sense of it all myself and reviewing the timeline was very helpful. I'm wondering about all those little things, like shoe shopping or not shoe shopping. They all fit into the puzzle IMO.

For that matter, I'm not real sure it was ever reported that she actually went shoe shopping, only that she intended to. I'm appreciating going over the timeline again too. :)

Now as we try to find Michelle...I still wish we could pinpoint the EXACT time that IMO Dale hid Michelle...This would help with any additional search areas.

A few questions:

1. Do we think Michelle was taken alive from the condo to another location? This seems most likely IMO but we have no confirmation that cadaver dogs were ever used at Dale's condo or any of his vehicles. Correct me if I'm wrong...

2. The 42 minutes of unaccounted time for Dale is enough to hide evidence...did he just take care of hiding the vehicle and Michelle during these minutes or complete other tasks?

3. The time period from 4:30-8:00ish seems the most probable to me where Dale and his accomplice(s) could have been doing the bulk of the coverup (especially after 6pm when it was dark)... I still think wooded areas are the most likely choice over bodies of water. JMO but anyone else have any thoughts?

I have been mapping some highly probable places and visited quite a few of them myself just to get a better sense of the areas...no thorough searching. IMO it all comes back to the PRIME suspect and his movements on the 17th and possibly the 18th. IIRC BP said Dale COULD have hidden Michelle on the 18th.

I haven't seen anything else but was there ever any more info that came out about the trucker who saw a man who matched Dale's description coming out of the woods near a vehicle described as matching Dale's F150? Wonder if that tip was deemed credible?

For that matter, I'm not real sure it was ever reported that she actually went shoe shopping, only that she intended to. I'm appreciating going over the timeline again too. :)

The shoe shopping was supposed to have been in the morning of the day she disappeared. She had asked her sister if she had time to do a treatment on her hair, her sis replied with some times, then Michelle replied that she would just come get the supplies and do the treatment herself because she was going shoe shopping with Mom instead. These were texts back and forth between the sisters well before noon on the day she disappeared. She then was at the salon later that day before she went to the day care to pick up the twins to drop them off at Dales.

I'm too tired to find links for all this, so I'll end with this is my opinion and recollection of the events as details were released very early in this investigation of her disappearance.

In reviewing the timeline - the call to report Michelle missing to authorities and the time the phone powered down are really close. I know this has been addressed, but that really hammers home the idea that the perp was monitoring her phone. I can see the possibility exist that Michelle's family sent a text to Michelle saying if she didn't answer, they were calling the police. Theory only folks, but that would most definitely kick movement into gear knowing that now LE has been notified and they are truly looking for Michelle. I truly believe that ONLY someone who knew her, and knew her well, i.e. habits, children, other family members, would take the time to monitor her phone OR be directed to do so. JMO

This is where the rubber meets the road for me. When this goes to trial which i strongly belive it will....IMO the defense will have a very difficult time trying to get a jury to believe that some random stalker took Michelle...someone that knew to monitor her phone, discard decals, and knew her routine. Just in what has been released publicly for me it eliminates the possibly that this was somehow random.

So if the DA paints a picture with all the circumstantial evidence pointing to Dale I would imagine that it's going to be a pretty tough uphill battle explaining all the coincidences (as I outlined in post # 920 on this thread)...You add in Dale's criminal history, documented threats to kill Michelle and kidnap her children, and I believe securing a conviction will NOT be as difficult as many on this thread believe. Reasonable doubt goes a long way but until we can explain
all these coincidences strung together in the"big picture" all I can envision is the jury coming back with a verdict containing three words "GUILTY your Honor"! JMO

This is where the rubber meets the road for me. When this goes to trial which i strongly belive it will....IMO the defense will have a very difficult time trying to get a jury to believe that some random stalker took Michelle...someone that knew to monitor her phone, discard decals, and knew her routine. Just in what has been released publicly for me it eliminates the possibly that this was somehow random.

So if the DA paints a picture with all the circumstantial evidence pointing to Dale I would imagine that it's going to be a pretty tough uphill battle explaining all the coincidences (as I outlined in post # 920 on this thread)...You add in Dale's criminal history, documented threats to kill Michelle and kidnap her children, and I believe securing a conviction will NOT be as difficult as many on this thread believe. Reasonable doubt goes a long way but until we can explain
all these coincidences strung together in the"big picture" all I can envision is the jury coming back with a verdict containing three words "GUILTY your Honor"! JMO

I followed this case pretty closely for the first few months then moved on to other cases. I do not ever remember seeing that reported ( bolded) but it could have been after I wasn't following daily. When did this come out about his prior documented threats of this nature?

I followed this case pretty closely for the first few months then moved on to other cases. I do not ever remember seeing that reported ( bolded) but it could have been after I wasn't following daily. When did this come out about his prior documented threats of this nature?

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...orlando-police-mark-nejame-protective-custody

In this article:

"Parker told the court that Smith previously had been violent with her and had threatened to kidnap their children. She also said Smith had problems with drugs and alcohol."

Also:
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-11-27/news/30448323_1_cops-raid-home-abc-news-dale-smith

In this article:

"Parker reportedly obtained a temporary restraining order against Smith in 2009, according to CNN, citing an incident in which Smith broke the window of her car, cursed at her, and said, "Your day is coming."

It was reported that they did go shopping that morning. I went hunting for confirmation of that a few weeks ago and this is what I found.

"She [YS] and Michelle went shopping together just hours before Michelle dropped off her 3 year old twins at their father, Dale Smith's home Thursday afternoon." (transcribed from video)

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/military-records-missing-moms-ex-fiance-show-viole/nFkjX/

I also found this in my notes, but unfortunately I did not put a link with it and I can't find the video now. So you'll have to take my word for it, but I transcribed the quote from YS directly from a news video:

Police continue search for missing mom
Woman's necklace could be key piece of evidence
Published On: Nov 23 2011 11:44:43 AM EST Updated On: Nov 23 2011 11:31:17 PM EST

"It's something she had on that day when we were shopping. She had that necklace on."-- YS (video)

Sorry I can't find a link for that, but hope it helps! :)

It's not that I have never really thought about the Waterford text before but this is the first time the I really tried to make some sense of it and see who might have made the text.

OK Michelle had an Iphone. The other day I got a text from someone that I know. When I opened it I could see that my friend had texted 6 other people. (more on this in a bit) So Michelle got a text from her brother saying he needed a ride. It was also said that he also texted his sister and mother. From what I have read no one but Michelle responded. A lot has been said about why someone else would have responded. Mainly it was to buy this person time.

I can't figure out why anyone would have gotten suspicious as to why Michelle would not have responded when no one else had? Of all people I would think it would have NOT been Michelle who would respond since she was the one with the tightest schedule.

Either Michelle responded, Dale did or a stranger.

If it was Michelle then I had said before she may not have wanted to pick up her brother due to the time factor and while driving just sent a quick text. I'm in Waterford and with Michelle being known to shop there that was that.

If Dale did then I can't even figure out why in the first place, Dale would have known the her brother had texted 2 other people as I said above Iphone shows how many other people were included in a group text. Also, wouldn't he have known that Michelle liked to send longer type text messages? My answer to that would be of course he knew. But again, why even bother?

If it was a stranger then they would not have know Michelle's style of texting as well as Dale although they could have gone thru her phone but while trying to get rid of a body I doubt going thru the phone would have been first priority. There would be time for that later and again the stranger would know that it was a group text so all the more reason to ignore.

A couple people have said that there would be no way that Michelle would not have responded to her son. I can't really comment on this as I can not find out if her son called and or text her and what time he did so.

[snipped by me]

A couple people have said that there would be no way that Michelle would not have responded to her son. I can't really comment on this as I can not find out if her son called and or text her and what time he did so.

I don't think that information has been released, but here's what Michelle's sister said about Michelle and her oldest son's routine. From the Nancy Grace program 12/8/11

BBM
GRACE: OK. Let me ask you another thing, Lauren Erickson. I know that her 9-year-old son would get home from school around 3:30 in the afternoon. That afternoon, mommy was not there. Is she normally there when he gets home?

ERICKSON: He is actually 11.

GRACE: Oh, thank you.

ERICKSON: But normally -- yes, no, I`m sorry. Normally he gets off the bus. He has a cell phone that he was given for Christmas one year. And he always -- you know he calls when he`s off the bus. If for any reason Michelle is not there, which she normally -- she usually is he calls her and says, hey, you know, I got off the bus, I`m walking to the house, and one of my aunts live right down the road and either she`ll come over to make sure that he`s got somebody with him.

Or Michelle is like, hey, I`ll be home in 15 minutes or I`m almost there. But, you know, for it to come to 6:50 that night and he gets off the bus at 3:45 and she`s still wasn`t home. And that was when he called me to say, you know, have you seen my mom, because she hasn`t been home yet. And she would never leave her kids un-attended like that ever. I mean -- and especially not even call anybody to see -- you know, to make sure that somebody could get to him if she couldn`t.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1112/08/ng.01.html

I don't think that information has been released, but here's what Michelle's sister said about Michelle and her oldest son's routine. From the Nancy Grace program 12/8/11

BBM

Thanks for the info. So from what her sister said it sounds like there have been times that Michelle has not been there when her son got home from school. Keep in mind I am not really interested in whether he was left alone. It sounds like he was well taken care of regardless if Michelle was there in time or not. I am trying to found out when he first tried to get in contact with her. We also know that he didn't contact Michelle's sister until 6:50.

If for any reason Michelle is not there, which she normally -- she usually is he calls her and says, hey, you know, I got off the bus, I`m walking to the house, and one of my aunts live right down the road and either she`ll come over to make sure that he`s got somebody with him.

Thanks for the info. So from what her sister said it sounds like there have been times that Michelle has not been there when her son got home from school. Keep in mind I am not really interested in whether he was left alone. It sounds like he was well taken care of regardless if Michelle was there in time or not. I am trying to found out when he first tried to get in contact with her. We also know that he didn't contact Michelle's sister until 6:50.

If for any reason Michelle is not there, which she normally -- she usually is he calls her and says, hey, you know, I got off the bus, I`m walking to the house, and one of my aunts live right down the road and either she`ll come over to make sure that he`s got somebody with him.

I would suggest that if her sons normal routine (per his Aunt) is to call his mom when he gets off the bus, then his 1st phone call/text to Michelle would have likely occurred between 3:45 and 4:00. That would be my best guess according the statement quoted above by Lauren.

I would suggest that if her sons normal routine (per his Aunt) is to call his mom when he gets off the bus, then his 1st phone call/text to Michelle would have likely occurred between 3:45 and 4:00. That would be my best guess according the statement quoted above by Lauren.

Yes that what one would think, but it says that he didn't call till 6:50 so that is the only time that we know for sure that he made any call to anyone. It's hard to know since kids are not always reliable. This is a valuable piece of info if we knew for sure IMO. Just wanted to add that it's kind of odd that Nichelle's sister doesn't mention if her son tried to call. I mean if he did then you would think that she would have said he son was really worried when she never answered her phone. It sounds as if he didn't get worried till 6:50 and it sounds like he was alone too.

Thanks to the conversations over the past several days, I've been able to fill in bits and pieces on the question list. Not that it's the final word on anything, but it could help you find some bit of info. I even forget about checking it myself though. :doh:

(Current question list is in this thread, posts 297 and 300)

Yes that what one would think, but it says that he didn't call till 6:50 so that is the only time that we know for sure that he made any call to anyone. It's hard to know since kids are not always reliable. This is a valuable piece of info if we knew for sure IMO.

Agreed. However, I believe the call to his Aunt at 6:50 was more about finding his mom by that time rather than just checking in with her. I haven't heard by anyone that her son's routine changed that day, or that he DIDN'T attempt to contact his mom. I can easily see him losing track of time after his initial attempts to contact his mom. As always, JMO.

Agreed. However, I believe the call to his Aunt at 6:50 was more about finding his mom by that time rather than just checking in with her. I haven't heard by anyone that her son's routine changed that day, or that he DIDN'T attempt to contact his mom. I can easily see him losing track of time after his initial attempts to contact his mom. As always, JMO.

Yes but from what her sister said he either called his Aunt if she was not there and she would come to the house or Michelle would call to say she was on her way. So either Michelle did call to say she was on her way or her son never called anyone till 6:50 which meant that he was alone and no one knew Michelle was gone until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme