FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but as badly as Michelle needs found so justice can be served, I am of a very humble opinion that such a website as being suggested *might* have one treading on thin ice. If one proceeds with the idea, very carefully research defamation/libel laws, free speech, site ownership, internet law, etc..

The issue that is relevant here IMO where legal, para-legal and "I'm really not a lawyer" are the opinions, is the understanding of what is considered a public vs a private figure since on the issue of free speech there's a substantial constitutional difference between the two. DS is a public figure, since it has been named a suspect in a murder investigation, he has been the subject on tv shows and such and otherwise has achieved national notoriety (at least at one point) and as such, there are very strong constitutional protection where free speech is the issue, and courts give very large latitudes (albeit not carte blanche) in people expressing a wide range of opinions even those that may be construed as irreverent, unsubstantiated, offensive and so on.

having been on the receiving side of a threatened lawsuit, (completely unrelated to WS, btw) related to 'free speech' , libel, and the internet, that was eventually deemed frivolous, I was merely suggesting that one be cautious...it is not a comfortable place to be regardless of the situation attributed to

if it was a 'joke' then my apologies for taking it otherwise

It would be nice to have a website of some sort to help put the squeeze on him. It would have to be in good taste but, it might paint a clearer picture of who he is and what he has been and is capable of. Maybe a place to include all of dirt that has been found thus far (Screen shots etc.). People could possibly share personal encounters with him. What if someone's memory lead to a possible location for Michelle? It may not be possible but it sounds like a good idea. Maybe something like dalesmiththeprimesuspect.com

Imo

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

having been on the receiving side of a threatened lawsuit, (completely unrelated to WS, btw) related to 'free speech' , libel, and the internet, that was eventually deemed frivolous, I was merely suggesting that one be cautious...it is not a comfortable place to be regardless of the situation attributed to

if it was a 'joke' then my apologies for taking it otherwise

I agree, people do have a right to file a lawsuits regardless of merit and I'm not surprised that the one against you was dismissed if the particulars of it were similar to the issues raised here. Specifically on this very issue, I would doubt very much that DS would be inclined to bring a lawsuit for obvious reasons since his interest lies in keeping a low profile and not having to possibly testify about anything even remotely related to this case in particular, and that is so regardless of him being innocent or guilty. JMO

okay- didn't want y'all to think I was being a .....whatever:) The particulars surrounding my situation did not involve missing and mayhem...but interesting none the less...

I live in the area and am always looking twice at areas that I think would be a possible hiding place. Am still concerned about the areas closer to where Michelle's mother lives ...Guy Ct, I guess they are still there?

I think that ultimately, on the issue been discussed right now, I think that I would want to make clear that although I think some characterization of DS here are over-the-top and his guilt has certainly not been established, I also think that much of this are the consequence of his choices, his decisions and the rather unproductive and questionable life he has lived (sue me) ... that he finds himself in this predicament can be no one's fault but his own. JMO

okay- didn't want y'all to think I was being a .....whatever:) The particulars surrounding my situation did not involve missing and mayhem...but interesting none the less...

I live in the area and am always looking twice at areas that I think would be a possible hiding place. Am still concerned about the areas closer to where Michelle's mother lives ...Guy Ct, I guess they are still there?

Yes, they're still there far as I know.

I live in the area too and I do the same...always looking, always scrutinizing a possible area twice, three times...

Dale would be familiar where the movie was filmed...Guy Court area. But, jmo, that might have been a little too far. Of course, depends on when....if a body is hidden well overnight, she could have been disposed of most any time.

I also think Dale was quite surprised that LE jumped on the case as early as they did and got in a panic re disposal of evidence.

All JMO

I'm not "that kind of lawyer" (geez, I say that alot!), but I'm sure a defamation plaintiff can pick and choose which defamatory statements he wants to include in his suit. If it were me, I would concentrate on the statements that would be hardest to prove as true. It doesn't mean statements that aren't included in the lawsuit are true. I don't think Michelle would even need to come up.

I think normally, the plaintiff would file a complaint that contains the elements of the case (X published false statement Y about me to a third party and I was damaged). Then, once those things are established, I believe the usual defense is that Y is true. If the defendant can prove that Y is true, then the case is dismissed.

For the record, I don't think there's anything wrong with the public wondering and discussing whether and how he might be involved in Michelle's disappearance. He has been publicly named the prime suspect. Maybe someday he could make a case against the government regarding that, if things don't progress.

Thank you for your response. Like I had stated, it was a sincere question as I truly wanted to know and really appreciate your answer.

Aren't some of you worried at all about a defamation suit? I'm sure you realize you are not really anonymous here...

I for one don't worry about anything...no need for that in my book and what is the purpose for worrying anyhow? How does that accomplish anything? As for my identity I really don't care who knows who I am on this site or anywhere...Just my 2 cents! Btw Dale is as guilty as sin! JMO

I live in the area too and I do the same...always looking, always scrutinizing a possible area twice, three times...

Dale would be familiar where the movie was filmed...Guy Court area. But, jmo, that might have been a little too far. Of course, depends on when....if a body is hidden well overnight, she could have been disposed of most any time.

I also think Dale was quite surprised that LE jumped on the case as early as they did and got in a panic re disposal of evidence.

All JMO

I'm a local too and like you guys, have been on more searches than I can count at the moment. As a matter of fact we just returned from running an errand that took us to an area I've been interested in for a while and it was prime opportunity to see if it might need a further look. It's a never ending process for my whole family. I think there are a lot of us looking on a regular basis but if they're like us, you'll never see where or when they're searching on this board.

All JMO

How far would it be from say DS's condo and the limitrofic area? I'm not sure where "panic" would enter the equation here since panic may very well have left a trail of evidence, perhaps a logistical re-location of the body?

Why is it so difficult to agree that this has nothing to do with Michelle? It's a DS obsession that feeds on its own. At least one should make a theory on how DS did it for the purpose of stumbling onto some clues, or a location where her body would be. But to make general statements such as "and justice will be done" "I know he's guilty", not to mention the never ending character accusations, the half-baked psychological analysis, even the changing of his name from DS to Baby here Papa there as if they were names from a criminal enterprise movie, and all this general whatever have no relevance whatsoever to the real issue of what happened to MP and where she is right now. As for DS he has no need to clear his name since he has not been accused of anything, let alone having been charged and convicted of any of it, he has no reason to read any of our posts and he's living his life whether we like it or not, whether he's innocent or not and insofar that we make this the Dale show in this matter it is counterproductive to MP since it becomes all about him and not so much about Michelle. But hey, if one wants to make the next 100 posts about DS being a cad and a murderer with all the moral and psychological judgements that go with it I think this is what free speech is all about whether I agree with the contents or not and notwithstanding any defamation concerns (as it has been suggested) that may or may not have a valid legal basis here. JMO
Well when you have a disgraced dishonorably discharged ex-marine with a violent criminal history of drugs, beating up women, threatening to kill and kidnap people, assaulting random people, and a plain piece of ***** as a person it would be an uphill battle for him to prove the accusations against WS posters especially when he has repeatedly lied and refused to cooperate with the investigation of Michelle. I am not sure why people don't understand the easiest way to find Michelle is to sleuth every action (past and present) of the person who took Michelle...Dale Smith!

Very simply....If you knew who stole some of your personal property why would you need to randomly look for these items without going back to the person who was responsible? Why look away from that person? To find your property you'd go back to who took it. Just saying!

Thor, you didn't ask me specifically , but the Goldenrod to Geneva areas are about 20 miles/30 mins, apart, give or take, by my calculations, depending on route

I was thinking more like 25 - 26 miles or so, maybe 40 or more minutes depending on traffic..

It would be nice to have a website of some sort to help put the squeeze on him. It would have to be in good taste but, it might paint a clearer picture of who he is and what he has been and is capable of. Maybe a place to include all of dirt that has been found thus far (Screen shots etc.). People could possibly share personal encounters with him. What if someone's memory lead to a possible location for Michelle? It may not be possible but it sounds like a good idea. Maybe something like dalesmiththeprimesuspect.com

Imo

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I agree it IS a great idea and as long as it contains facts which believe me there are a TON! We could use screen caps and all the proof we have of what a Dale is. So maybe putting up such a site could be a good idea. I have some exp with website optimization so we could get some traffic and have this site rank high within google for certain key words. For ex...Any time anyone searches for "Michelle Parker", "Dale Smith" or other important key words they would find this site. Maybe keep potential employers and dates away from him at the very least and warn others about him. It could also produce some credible leads to find Michelle IMO and that's no joke! Someone should seriously consider doing this!

Thor, you didn't ask me specifically , but the Goldenrod to Geneva areas are about 20 miles/30 mins, apart, give or take, by my calculations, depending on route

I agree that it depends on the route but also the time of day. Goldenrod, Aloma, Alafaya or 50 can be at a total standstill depending on the time.

Well when you have a disgraced dishonorably discharged ex-marine with a violent criminal history of drugs, beating up women, threatening to kill and kidnap people, assaulting random people, and a plain piece of ***** as a person it would be an uphill battle for him to prove the accusations against WS posters especially when he has repeatedly lied and refused to cooperate with the investigation of Michelle. I am not sure why people don't understand the easiest way to find Michelle is to sleuth every action (past and present) of the person who took Michelle...Dale Smith!

Very simply....If you knew who stole some of your personal property why would you need to randomly look for these items without going back to the person who was responsible? Why look away from that person? To find your property you'd go back to who took it. Just saying!

This is why ... first and foremost one needs an emotional detachments to evidence gathering and analysis, that is why doctors don't self-diagnose, lawyers don't defend themselves in court and so on. Second one needs, when theorizing, to never loose sight of what they might not know or of what is impossible to know, and that does not even include the need to support with evidence a particular theory which is the fundamental difference between what is acceptable outside in a porch, in the company of friends, with a cool summer breeze at your back as you discuss something and a serious attempt to theorize the mechanics of a murder.

From a purely investigative point of view (whatever the subject matter), when one arrives at a particular conclusion and then goes to look for what are the facts to support it, two things are undeniably true: one is either right or wrong. If one is right then one has saved a bit of time, true, but the real task of proving that conclusion needs to be gathered nevertheless, conversely, if one is wrong, the one can never arrive at the truth no matter what, since one has limited oneself to just one theory and one only. That is in general terms of course.

Here what you are doing in particular is to try to prove a theory with evidence not directly related to it. DS is a cad, DS is this, DS is that, DS has done this and DS has done that although none of it relates directly to the theory of the murder itself which you would need to support factually. That does not even include that the whole exercise is somewhat irrelevant unless it is used in the context of hypothesizing about a particular theory, trying to arrive at ideas not previously conceived and to match them against opposite considerations, all of which are essential to understand and to conclude.

However, one can just say I know it, of course, and he's guilty no doubt, or innocent for sure ... and so on and you and me would preach to the converted in a sermon like atmosphere but never be able to convince all others who justifiably here are at least on the fence on the subject or guilt or innocence, never mind 12 jurors in a box. All my opinions.

This is why ... first and foremost one needs an emotional detachments to evidence gathering and analysis, that is why doctors don't self-diagnose, lawyers don't defend themselves in court and so on. Second one needs, when theorizing, to never loose sight of what they might not know or of what is impossible to know, and that does not even include the need to support with evidence a particular theory which is the fundamental difference between what is acceptable outside in a porch, in the company of friends, with a cool summer breeze at your back as you discuss something and a serious attempt to theorize the mechanics of a murder.

From a purely investigative point of view (whatever the subject matter), when one arrives at a particular conclusion and then goes to look for what are the facts to support it, two things are undeniably true: one is either right or wrong. If one is right then one has saved a bit of time, true, but the real task of proving that conclusion needs to be gathered nevertheless, conversely, if one is wrong, the one can never arrive at the truth no matter what, since one has limited oneself to just one theory and one only. That is in general terms of course.

Here what you are doing in particular is to try to prove a theory with evidence not directly related to it. DS is a cad, DS is this, DS is that, DS has done this and DS has done that although none of it relates directly to the theory of the murder itself which you would need to support factually. That does not even include that the whole exercise is somewhat irrelevant unless it is used in the context of hypothesizing about a particular theory, trying to arrive at ideas not previously conceived and to match them against opposite considerations, all of which are essential to understand and to conclude.

However, one can just say I know it, of course, and he's guilty no doubt, or innocent for sure ... and so on and you and me would preach to the converted in a sermon like atmosphere but never be able to convince all others who justifiably here are at least on the fence on the subject or guilt or innocence. All my opinions.
I think his past is important as it shows what he is capable of. Is it admissible or proof of his murdering Michelle? No and I don't believe anyone on here has made that point. Can we prove that Dale is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt based on the msm known facts? Absolutely not or Dale would have been arrested by now...

That being said someone like myself who has no vested interest in this case...other than simply wanting to see justice served and Michelle found so her family can have answers and closure...my conclusion is based in things i have seen and found.

I have poured hundreds of hours analyzing data and circumstances all of which lead me back to Dale. I have kept an open mind from day one but no matter which path I travel I come back to the same place...Dale is guilty, guilty, and then guilty some more!

Until facts or circumstances prove otherwise my hypothesis and conclusion is that either Dale himself murdered Michelle or he had someone else do the job like I believe he has done in the past. His past does keep coming back to haunt him no matter how you slice or dice it... All jmo

I think his past is important as it shows what he is capable of. Is it admissible or proof of his murdering Michelle? No and I don't believe anyone on here has made that point. Can we prove that Dale is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt based on the msm known facts? Absolutely not or Dale would have been arrested by now...

That being said someone like myself who has no vested interest in this case...other than simply wanting to see justice served and Michelle found so her family can have answers and closure...I have poured hundreds of hours analyzing data and circumstances all of which lead me back to Dale. I have kept an open mind from day one but no matter what path I travel I come back to the same place...Dale is guilty, guilty, and then guilty some more!

Until facts or circumstances prove otherwise my hypothesis and conclusion is that either Dale himself murdered Michelle or he had someone else do the job like I believe he has done in the past. His past does keep coming back to haunt him no matter how you slice or dice it... All jmo

Yea I agree, issues of character and past behavior are relevant here, however they go to motive, possibly opportunity, definitely of character but all of those are essentially meaningless on their own, murder has to be proven in an evidentiary context that relates directly to the crime alleged, and there is no escaping that minor detail :) Besides the issue here is in the conclusion not the exercise itself which if it is used in the context of hypothesizing about a particular theory, trying to arrive at ideas not previously conceived and to match them against opposite considerations, all of which being essential to understand and to conclude is of course valid but not to prove a conclusion that cannot be demonstrably arrived at where the evidence is simply not there as it is a fact and not an opinion on this very last point, at least based on what is generally known in the public sphere which in this case is practically zero as far as direct evidence are the issue. JMO

I agree it IS a great idea and as long as it contains facts which believe me there are a TON! We could use screen caps and all the proof we have of what a Dale is. So maybe putting up such a site could be a good idea. I have some exp with website optimization so we could get some traffic and have this site rank high within google for certain key words. For ex...Any time anyone searches for "Michelle Parker", "Dale Smith" or other important key words they would find this site. Maybe keep potential employers and dates away from him at the very least and warn others about him. It could also produce some credible leads to find Michelle IMO and that's no joke! Someone should seriously consider doing this!

There's always dontdatehimgirl.com to start with!

With all of your knowledge and possession of the screenshots and such, why don't you put something together? Thor offered to help.

ETA: Oh wow... I just went to the dontdatehimgirl site and Michelle is on the front page! I guess maybe DS is already featured there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member