FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does DS1's or DS2's home have an enclosed, attached garage? Or an attached carport?

I just don't think IF DS is responsible that there was enough time to get to Titusville. He wasn't at DS sr home when MP's mom called, but he called her back. Does anyone remember or know what time he called her back? Certainly there are phone records of the call. Whether it be landline or cell. I believe she is close but if you've never been to Fl it's hard to understand how many places there are to hide a body. Most of us followed the CA tragedy and are somewhat familiar with the area but I'm still blown away by the woods if you will in Fl. even smack dab in the middle of a metro area.

The text gives me the chills also, I have no doubt in my mind she didn't send it.

IMO

Help me understand the timeline as I haven't read every single entry. From what I can determin, she dropped the twins at about 4 pm and the Hummer was then seen at the apartments at about 10:30 pm. So, that would give him about 6 hours, right? Is there any other concrete sightings/info in between? He could have made it to Tampa and back in that amount of time. There are so many small, rural areas off I-4 and there are no tolls there. Even given 4 hours, two each way is a lot of time.

Just a thought.....
Is it possible that DS1 was already at the house when MP arrived? that would make it alot easier to believe that all this could have happened in the "72 min" that they are stating.. If that is the case, than DS1 isnt lying if he said that DS2 was with him the whole time she was missing.. DS1 and DS2 could have watched the show together, gotten mad, and then MP arrives.. One of them could have taken the kids to DS1s house while the other hides the body, ditchs the car, and gets picked up and brought back to DS1 house. I hate to think it but it would make it more plausible with 2 people rather than 1?
JMO

I have been thinking about the surveillance camera and the new report from Michelle's sister that the time was wrong on the camera by an hour.

Currently the time-stamped on the video seeing Michelle's car going into the area at 3:18 PM, of which, now it maybe 4:18 PM.

Michelle went missing on November 17, 2011

On November 6, 2011, the clocks went back an hour.

On March 2, 2011, the clocks went ahead an hour.

If the clocks were set back an hour on 11/6/11, then how could the time-stamp be at 3:18 PM when they say it should be "ahead" at least 4:18 PM?

If the camera was installed "let's say" April 1, 2011 @5:18 PM, then the clock should read 4:18 PM EST on 11/17/11 as the clocks went back an hour.

If the camera was installed "let's say" April 1, 2011 @4:18 PM, then the clock should read 3:18 PM EST on 11/17/11

However, I can't find a way to get the clock showing 3:18 PM to make any sense to be an hour ahead based on when clocks go back and forth.

If the camera is set up to the computer, computers automatically go back an hour and ahead an hour. Normally when a surveillance is set-up, it is to catch someone and the time is important.

Thoughts anyone?

I have been thinking about the surveillance camera and the new report from Michelle's sister that the time was wrong on the camera by an hour.

Currently the time-stamped on the video seeing Michelle's car going into the area at 3:18 PM, of which, now it maybe 4:18 PM.

If the clocks were set back an hour on 11/6/11, then how could the time-stamp be at 3:18 PM when they say it should be "ahead" at least 4:18 PM?

If the camera was installed "let's say" April 1, 2011 @5:18 PM, then the clock should read 4:18 PM EST on 11/17/11 as the clocks went back an hour.

If the camera was installed "let's say" April 1, 2011 @4:18 PM, then the clock should read 3:18 PM EST on 11/17/11

However, I can't find a way to get the clock showing 3:18 PM to make any sense to be an hour ahead based on when clocks go back and forth.

If the camera is set up to the computer, computers automatically go back an hour and ahead an hour. Normally when a surveillance is set-up, it is to catch someone and the time is important.

Thoughts anyone?

I was wondering the same thing. tyvm.

I have a question which probably can't be answered right now. Did Michelle know about Dale's violent past when she lived with him? I'm assuming they lived together at the time the twins were conceived and that the relationship lasted awhile since they were engaged at one point. I am just curious why she was with this guy at all, if he is so high-tempered. And the 11 y.o. said all 3 kids witnessed him hitting her. Was this before or after he gave her an engagement ring?
I know some women can be stupid when it comes to men, but she did not appear to be stupid at all, in fact she seemed pretty smart, so that begs the question, exactly when did she decide to end the relationship? And why did she let it get that far before she ended it? I'm not bashing the victim here at all.... just trying to understand.

Without knowing for a fact the circumstances this is, of course, speculation. Generally a batterer is perfect in the beginning. It's important to remember that domestic battery is not about "losing one's temper" it's about exerting power and control over the victim. We often assume that an abuser has trouble controlling their temper - when in reality it's often exactly the opposite. Many times they are VERY good at only abusing when they WANT to abuse. (and then some of them are just loose cannons that abuse all the time). Generally in the start of a long term abusive relationship there isn't indication of what is to come. The abuser is "wonderful" , the abused falls in love , and THEN abuse starts. It's usually gradual , it starts out with my emotional abuse and then builds in severity. By the time the worst of the abuse starts there is usually an established relationship - and often times the abused has already been emotionally abused to the point that they believe the abuse is "their fault" or they "deserve it". Generally it follows a cycle where the abuser tells the victim things such as "if YOU had/hadn't done THIS then i would never have HAD to do THAT" and so on - and then the abuser is generally PERFECT for a time period after. Bringing flowers, gifts, being loving etc. "It will never happen again" an so on.

snipped for space

I'm beginning to think maybe the time stamp on the tape was correct. Michelle's sister is saying it is wrong and all she says to back that up is that Dale said it was 4:00pm. If it was really 4:00pm instead of 3:18, I honestly think Mark NeJame would be all over that since it gives his argument that DS couldn't possibly have done all he is suspected of in 72 minutes even less time. I can't imagine he'd pass up that huge difference in time. So far he is saying 72 minutes based on 3:18 showing Michelle arriving and 4:30 when DS supposedly arrived at his parents. If it really was 4:00 instead, that would cut his time he is arguing was not enough time to far less.

I haven't seen any media saying anything at all about the time stamp on the tape being wrong or even that it is question.

IMO

Help me understand the timeline as I haven't read every single entry. From what is determined, she dropped the twins at about 4 pm and the Hummer was then seen at the apartments at about 10:30 pm. So, that would give him about 6 hours, right? Is there any other concrete sightings/info in between? He could have made it to Tampa and back in that amount of time. There are so many small, rural areas off I-4 and there are no tolls there. Even given 4 hours, two each way is a lot of time.

BBM

The Today show just announced this timeline (saying it was put together with the help of her family):

2:00 pm: PC airs on TV
2:30 pm: Family last sees MP at the salon
3:15 pm: Hummer seen on tape, arriving in DS condo area
(DS said he took the kids to his parents house about an hour later)
4:26 pm: Brother received the "Waterford" text
6:50 pm: Son calls asking where his mom is
6:53 pm: Sister sends text to MP, asking to please call her asap
7:20 pm: Family member calls police, after learning MP still hasn't arrived to work
8:00 pm: Last ping from MP's cell phone

I don't think the episode has been posted on Today's site, but I can add it when it comes up. I just rewinded my DVR to get these down.

I also thought about, OK, the homeowner never set the clock when installed, and it is not attached to the computer. Normally when you purchase something that has a clock in it, and you plug it in, it usually starts running at 12:00. If you don't set the clock and just let it run, what are the chances that the camera would have spotted Michelle at 3:18 or 4:18 without ever setting the clock in the first place?

As soon as I woke up, this came into my thoughts.

The media is still reporting the 3:18 PM time-frame. WHY???

BBM

The Today show just announced this timeline (saying it was put together with the help of her family):

7:20 pm: Family member calls police, after learning MP still hasn't arrived

I don't think the episode has been posted on Today's site, but I can add it when it comes up. I just rewinded my DVR to get these down.

I saw that segment also. So do we believe Michelle's sister or NOT regarding the new time an hour from 3:18 PM?

BBM

7:20 pm: Family member calls police, after learning MP still hasn't arrived

Apparently Michelle pick-up the children at daycare after she left the salon. Michelle's sister mentioned this, I think, during Prime News, however, we haven't heard this information.

If the children were with Michelle at the salon, we never heard that information, so it makes sense the children were elsewhere to be picked up and then dropped off at Dale's condo.

Thoughts anyone?

Most security cameras made now have auto time set feature. I imagine since it had auto recognize, meaning they said it cuts on and off when approached, that it would have a daylight savers time reset feature, unless set for a different time zone.

Mine was initially set by me but automatically adjusted for DST. Same with the one I had attached to my computer-that one automatically set the initial time. HTH.

Without knowing for a fact the circumstances this is, of course, speculation. Generally a batterer is perfect in the beginning. It's important to remember that domestic battery is not about "losing one's temper" it's about exerting power and control over the victim. We often assume that an abuser has trouble controlling their temper - when in reality it's often exactly the opposite. Many times they are VERY good at only abusing when they WANT to abuse. (and then some of them are just loose cannons that abuse all the time). Generally in the start of a long term abusive relationship there isn't indication of what is to come. The abuser is "wonderful" , the abused falls in love , and THEN abuse starts. It's usually gradual , it starts out with my emotional abuse and then builds in severity. By the time the worst of the abuse starts there is usually an established relationship - and often times the abused has already been emotionally abused to the point that they believe the abuse is "their fault" or they "deserve it". Generally it follows a cycle where the abuser tells the victim things such as "if YOU had/hadn't done THIS then i would never have HAD to do THAT" and so on - and then the abuser is generally PERFECT for a time period after. Bringing flowers, gifts, being loving etc. "It will never happen again" an so on.

So true. And to clarify my prior post I wanted to insert here no fault by the victim implied. When i reread it i wanted to clarify. I have several friends who are smart,educated and had relationship experience who got into bad relationships. One nearly cost her her life. She was able to render him unconscious with a choke hold until police arrived. Just bouncing off your post Jaded :seeya:

The kids are only 3, so it is pretty easy to hide things from them. They could have been put in the condo in front of cartoons, and been oblivious to what was happening. Also, Dale Sr could have been on the scene to help.

As far as we know her phone has not been found.

Since her purse was found in her car and her phone is missing I have a couple of thoughts and questions.

1. When in the car driving (from dropping off the twins) would it be common practice to pop your phone on your person (pocket) or in your purse or just open in the car?

2. If she was in the Hummer and headed to Waterford, she would have to text whilst driving (given the current timeframes), so all current thoughts are that she has her phone upon her person during this time.

3. If carjacked or abducted, why does the perp take the person but leave the purse and vehicle? (taking time to remove decals)

4. If rape or murder were an abductors purpose, why go to such lengths to hide the body and power down the phone in a different location, and dispose of the phone in a third location. Far too much 'hiding' for an 'unrelated' killer IMO.

5. Random murderers don't leave your purse in the car, but rifle through your pockets to respond to text messages do they?

6. LE appear to be searching the last cell ping locations, but haven't found the phone or Michelle so wherever she is, she became separated from her phone after the last text and before it was powered down.

I can't find any rationale for a stranger involved in this case.

I didn't read or hear much about this case yesterday but had watched HLN coverage on Wednesday. In interview segments that were shown from an earlier program that day, I couldn't help thinking how ridiculous Mark NeJame sounded as he talked about how long it would take to "scrape the lettering" off the Hummer :rolleyes: From what I saw of the window decal, the advertising is a clear plastic magnetic strip that comes off the glass or body of the vehicle in one piece (similar to smaller college/school decals). Removing the decal probably took 5 seconds!

I also thought about, OK, the homeowner never set the clock when installed, and it is not attached to the computer. Normally when you purchase something that has a clock in it, and you plug it in, it usually starts running at 12:00. If you don't set the clock and just let it run, what are the chances that the camera would have spotted Michelle at 3:18 or 4:18 without ever setting the clock in the first place?

As soon as I woke up, this came into my thoughts.

The media is still reporting the 3:18 PM time-frame. WHY???

Patty, just to clarify, do we know that he didn't, or are you just saying maybe that's why the time could have been wrong?

If the only way 4:00 pm comes into play, is because DS said so, then I would think the time on the camera was probably accurate. Now if the owner said it was wrong, based on his own personal knowledge, then I would question it.

MOO

I asked the neighbor with the surveillance system if the time was properly set. He said it was. He said it was off by two seconds.

Also Thursday, the founder of search-and-rescue group Texas EquuSearch arrived in Orlando to begin aiding in the search Parker at the request of the prime suspect.

Tim Miller planned to meet with his one-time lawyer Mark NeJame, who is also representing Smith, and requested to meet with Orlando homicide detectives who are conducting the investigation into the 33-year-old's disappearance, he said.

A police spokesman said detectives do not plan on meeting with Miller..

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...er-search-dale-smith-20111201,0,7469885.story

I don't blame them for not planning to meet with Tim Miller. He is also tied in with the defense attorney that represents the person they have named as their prime suspect. It would seem to me that there would be room for what ever evidence they have or reasons they are searching specific areas would potentially get back to NeJame when they are not necessarily ready to disclose any of that info to the suspect as of yet.

The article also says that her Hummer was found the day after she disappeared. I thought it was found the same night at around 10:30. Did I have that wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme