FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on what you mean. I'm sure they know a lot of little details about timeline and such, but I doubt they have a clue as far as evidence against Dale. If they did he would have been arrested by now. As I said before I think they jumped the gun. They announced him as THE prime suspect and I think they were pretty confident that they would find something at Dale's dad's home and it back fired on them. Usually, but not always when someone is murdered and transported in a car there is somekind of trace evidence left behind. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they searched Dale's home and car, Dale's dads home and the Hummer and as far as we know they have not found anything. Just MO but if they would have found even a trace of blood or anything in Dale's car or homes then I would suspect he would have been arrested by now.

I am not going to pretend that I know the exact timeline and to be honest at this point I don't have an opinion as to whether I think Dale did this for 2 reasons. 1 there is no evidence as far as we know and 2 there are a lot of guys out there like Dale with a bad history of violence that have not killed they ex girl friends and sad thing is when one of them does go missing they will be the first to be looked at innocent or guilty. If Dale did murder her then he was pretty smart and by that I mean he has been able to get rid of a body with as far as we know, with no one seeing him and leaving nothing behind for the police to go on.

BBM

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe that Dale was named the prime suspect AFTER the raid on his dad's home, not before.

He could have gotten back to the condo earlier. Were the kids with him at the condo when the police searched it?

Michelle was going to bartend that night at The Barn. Most bars close at 2 and then I guess there would be some cleaning up afterward. That would mean she wouldn't get back to pick up the kids until the wee morning hours, unless they spent the night with Dale.

Yupper, he could have gotten back earlier, but we have no clue. I was only posting based on Dale walking from where the Hummer was found, then walking to his father and then he had to get back to his condo.

Of course, for me, I am only thinking of one person is involved, so I am still stuck with the whole situation and how it all went down.

It's easy to put in another person, but harder to figure out how it happened with just one person, of which, I excluded public transportation and taxi cabs.

I would imagine the twins were with their grandparents and other relatives in the household when Dale returned to the condo to possibly meet the police.

Regarding the children staying with Dale or Michelle picking them up after 2:00 AM, I just have to assume that perhaps the children were spending the weekend with their father, or at least a couple of days.

OPD may have a lot of evidence but waiting to find the body to determine the COD. Remember the clock to get this case to trial will begin once an arrest is made, I don't think they want the clock to begin until they have all the pieces.

FWIW and my :twocents: as well as my personal opinion, I think LE named Dale a suspect way too soon. Nothing was going to be gained at this point of the investigation to name Dale as a suspect.

I also feel that during the custody hearing, the Judge had in-front of him the search warrant to reference with regards to the reason of the raid at Dale, Sr.'s residence. Although I also feel that the search warrant wasn't a topic of discussion, but used only for the Judge's eye. Of course, I could be totally off with regards to the Judge having access to the search warrant, but just throwing it out there to get it out of my thoughts.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...-shannon-smith_n_1126349.html?ref=mostpopular

Within this Huffington Post article are legal documents relating to Dale Smith that date back to 1996, and including the Sept. 2000 incident regarding Shannon Smith's head injury. Again these are official documents from LE. Very VERY fascinating stuff that gives a clear and revealing picture of who Dale Smith is. In my eyes, he's definitely a dangerous person and I worry for his children.

You can download the documents to your computer in the form of a PDF document, which I recommend so you may read the documents at your leisure. (Look for: READ KEY COURT DOCUMENTS IN THE CASE: Dale Smith Legal Documents, halfway through the article. The DOWNLOAD button is in orange.)

The PDF also includes documents relating to what happened to Shannon on the night she died. You might even reconsider whether this was an accidental overdose or something entirely different. Medical examiners have far too often been known to make mistakes.

Did you notice in the first case in 1996 he was ordered to attend anger management class? :floorlaugh: That worked.

Just some random thoughts. I'm sure you guys can think of many more.

1. Did LE finger print MP Hummer and her purse and belongings?
2. If Dale's FP's were found in her Hummer does he frequently get in her car?
3. Did LE take pics of the drivers seat to note where the seat was set? Was it set for her or someone taller?
4. Were all the Hummer mirrors adjusted to the seat level and were the mirrors finger printed?
5. Was the Hummer recently washed?
6. Do any of the local car washes have cameras and were they checked?
7. Did LE check Dale's trash inside and out?
8. Did LE check the floor mats and wheel wells for any type of dirt mud or material that would possibly match up with a body of water that is nearby?

Someone took a heck of a chance driving her Hummer. I would bet that if LE back tracked the roads that led to were her car was found they could find a video at some intersection possibly at a red light that showed who was driving that car.

FWIW and my :twocents: as well as my personal opinion, I think LE named Dale a suspect way too soon. Nothing was going to be gained at this point of the investigation to name Dale as a suspect.

I also feel that during the custody hearing, the Judge had in-front of him the search warrant to reference with regards to the reason of the raid at Dale, Sr.'s residence. Although I also feel that the search warrant wasn't a topic of discussion, but used only for the Judge's eye. Of course, I could be totally off with regards to the Judge having access to the search warrant, but just throwing it out there to get it out of my thoughts.

I am almost 100% sure that I heard Michelle's mom say in a earlier interview that she had an idea were Michele was, but she said that you just can't go kicking down a door or something like that without a reason. I think that this is what prompted LE to search Dale's dad's place.

Another question from way back..

In the beginning we heard that the hummer was actually DS's. Was this confirmed to be true? If so did he occasionally use it?

I am almost 100% sure that I heard Michelle's mom say in a earlier interview that she had an idea were Michele was, but she said that you just can't go kicking down a door or something like that without a reason. I think that this is what prompted LE to search Dale's dad's place.

The situation with the search conducted on dad's place is what has me puzzled. It wasn't a typical search warrant. It was a raid by a swat team. Something they knew prompted them for that kind of search and I would certainly hope that it was more than someone's suspicion that she was being held inside.

Just some random thoughts. I'm sure you guys can think of many more.

1. Did LE finger print MP Hummer and her purse and belongings?
2. If Dale's FP's were found in her Hummer does he frequently get in her car?
3. Did LE take pics of the drivers seat to note where the seat was set? Was it set for her or someone taller?
4. Were all the Hummer mirrors adjusted to the seat level and were the mirrors finger printed?
5. Was the Hummer recently washed?
6. Do any of the local car washes have cameras and were they checked?
7. Did LE check Dale's trash inside and out?
8. Did LE check the floor mats and wheel wells for any type of dirt mud or material that would possibly match up with a body of water that is nearby?

Someone took a heck of a chance driving her Hummer. I would bet that if LE back tracked the roads that led to were her car was found they could find a video at some intersection possibly at a red light that showed who was driving that car.

IIRC, the hummer is in Dale's name. So, it is legally his vehicle.

Thank you for sharing what you know of DS and the death of his wife.

I do think it is relevant, not because he was involved, but because of how he recalls the event.

This was his wife FGS, to remember her death not with sadness and preserving her memory, but with callous and vulgar descriptions. Whether his version is true or not, it shows a cold hearted soul, unfazed by the trauma his wife experienced, in fact adding insult to injury.

It tells me that he is capable of cruelty that most would find sickening.

:furious:

Agreed 100000000%. Shows that he has zero remorse and zero conscience IMHO. Take it from there...

Yup, I did hear Michelle's mother indicate that she had an idea where Michele was and she can't just go and knock down the door.

I always wondered why she said that publicly because that gave the person enough time to remove Michelle from the house. To me, made no sense at all!

So all this time she has been driving around in Dale's vehicle, why?

Who knows. My guess would be that they bought it together (but decided to put it in his name due to credit reasons or something) when they were a couple. Maybe when they split up it was decided he would keep the condo and she would keep the hummer. Of course, that's all speculation on my part.

First time poster, although I have been following the conversation, and appreciating all the comments and insight from all quarters.

I was born and raised in Orlando, but escaped ;-) after college--a lifetime ago.

In my opinion, wisely or unwisely on the part of the sender, the "Waterford" text to MP's brother was sent in an attempt to buy time.

Anyway, I put together a list of questions people here have been asking or info we would all love to have. I don't know if this list is at all helpful, but I thought what the heck, can't hurt to post it. I tried to leave out any questions that have to do with speculation, even though speculation is helpful and interesting a lot of the time. I'm sure I've left out stuff, although I've tried to be thorough. Thanks to telemag, who posted some interesting questions. I included those.

Here we go:

Name and address of the twins’ daycare facility.

Time when MP picked up the twins from daycare.

What time did MP’s Hummer leave DS Jr.’s condo?

Eyewitness or video of above?

When did DS Jr. leave the condo in his own vehicle?

Did DS Jr. know about his neighbor’s video camera?

Did neighbors of DS Sr. see vehicles arriving and leaving on 11/17 afternoon?

Location MP’s cell pinged for “Waterford” text to brother.

When was MP supposed to meet boyfriend for dinner?

What time did Yvonne call DS Jr. 11/17 evening?

What number did she call (ie, cell, or land line at condo or Rose Av.)?

If Mrs. DS Sr. answered this call, what did she say to Yvonne in reference to why DS Jr. didn’t answer or couldn’t come to the phone?

When did DS Jr. return Yvonne’s call?

When did LE first contact DS Jr., and how?

When did DS Jr. return to his condo from Rose Ave. evening of 11/17?

What is the ping “trail” for MP’s cell before it stopped pinging?

Additional unreleased videos or other electronic evidence to track the route of MP’s Hummer after 3:18 PM on 11/17.

Additional unreleased eyewitness accounts of Hummer movements around town after 3:18 PM.

Details of search warrant for DS Sr.s house on Rose Ave.

What is MP’s boyfriend’s alibi for 11/17 afternoon?

Who else called or texted MP on 11/17 after 2:30 PM?

Did MP send or receive any texts or make or receive any calls to/from DS Jr. on 11/16 or on 11/17 before 3:18 PM?

What was the ping “trail” for DS Jr.’s cell for times in question?

Does DS Sr. own a cell phone, and if so, what is the ping “trail” for his phone for times in question?

What if any evidence did LE find in the Hummer?

What fingerprints were on MP's Hummer and her purse and belongings?

If Dale's FP's were found in her Hummer does he frequently get in her car?

Was the Hummer driver's seat set for MP or someone taller?

Were all the Hummer mirrors adjusted to the seat level? Whose fingerprints were on the mirror?

Was the Hummer recently washed?

Did the floor mats and wheel wells of the Hummer or other DS Jr./Sr. vehicles have any type of dirt mud or material that would possibly match up with a body of water that is nearby?

What if any evidence did LE find at the Rose Ave. house?

Did LE search DS Jr.’s work van?

Did LE check DS Jr.’s trash inside and out?

That would not be nearly enough to establish probable cause - the legal standard for a Judge to grant a search warrant request.

I am dying to see exactly what that was but the search warrant has been sealed for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro