FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
they revoked his custody. Yvonne now has custody

Link please?

Fox is carrying a story dated today that states that DS no longer has custody, but their next story states he got custody on Nov 30 after the DCF hearing.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/08/police-reportedly-find-missing-florida-moms-cell-phone/

Smith was originally granted custody of his children with Parker, but his custody was revoked. The children are now under the care of Parker's mother.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/120711-Cell-phone-of-missing-mom-recovered

Dale Smith was granted custody of his and Parker's three-year-old twins on Nov. 30. Smith had been caring for the children since Parker's disappearance, but on Nov. 29 the Florida Department of Children and Families placed the children under the protective custody of Parker's mother Yvonne Stewart.

This isn't a bridge a person could stop on or fish from.

From the pictures it seems like there is a walkway off of the road that people could fish from.. there is even a barrier to block the walkway from the cars...

This isn't a bridge a person could stop on or fish from.

Thanks. Doesn't have to be a bridge, actually. I've seen people walk along the road and stop over the water to look or fish--all that's needed is a curb.

they revoked his custody. Yvonne now has custody

Are you sure?

Nevermind I found this, sorry

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/120711-Cell-phone-of-missing-mom-recovered

Dale Smith was granted custody of his and Parker's three-year-old twins on Nov. 30. Smith had been caring for the children since Parker's disappearance, but on Nov. 29 the Florida Department of Children and Families placed the children under the protective custody of Parker's mother Yvonne Stewart.

o/t

Virginia Tech

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/08/reports-of-shots-fired-at-virginia-tech/

CollegiateTimes Collegiate Times
by jimspellmancnn
One person dead outside McComas Hall. A potential suspect was sighted and fired at in a parking lot near the Duck Pond.
23 minutes ago

CollegiateTimes Collegiate Times
by jimspellmancnn
Police officer is dead in Coliseum Lot near McComas Hall. Potential 2nd victim shot in the I-Lot on Plantation Rd. Suspect at large.

I found a live link for the news for VA Tech. No live shots but live reporting.

Go to the link below and scroll down and there is a video on the left; click it on.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...g-sh_n_1136934.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

Picture of the bridge I found someone had uploaded via google maps.

picture.php

I'm pretty sure that was a media oops getting dates backward regarding the custody. I'm pretty sure he has them. Hoping someone can clarify w/ a link?

But didn't I read he got them back?

Now I'm confused

I have gotten to the point now that I tweet the media when they are wrong. The other day WFTV put out an article regarding a search, and it was wrong because they already searched the area. They made it sound like they were going back and searching again. :banghead:

ETA: WFTV did respond back with "Sorry about that"
RRBM
Careful, Patty! That could turn into a full-time job!

The article could be wrong. i was just going by what i saw. sorry if i was incorrect..

I thought maybe I had missed something about the custody of the children, but I am going with the idea that he still has custody of the children as of today.

The article could be wrong. i was just going by what i saw. sorry if i was incorrect..

No apologies necessary at all! it was a good link and was dated today. If they are wrong, it is Fox that will lose credibility, certainly not you! :hug:

From the pictures it seems like there is a walkway off of the road that people could fish from.. there is even a barrier to block the walkway from the cars...

That's just the sidewalk. I'm pretty sure there are signs that say 'no fishing' and the Belle Isle police are known for not being very lienient. We haven't had much rain so the water is probably really low. I don't think a person would catch anything decent from that spot. During the weekends there is a pretty much non stop line of boats and jet skis waiting to go under the bridge. There are also a few otters that play in that area.

I thought the most recent word was that there had been an arrangement made with both sides for visitations rights. I will try to find a link, but someone else might be able to get it faster than I.

Where & how it was found means nothing unless LE has other intelligence & evidence that brought them to the location. A cellphone in itself turned off wouldn't yield any more information than they already have. Yes, fingerprints or DNA but there again, it all depends on who found it. I can already see contamination as a possible defense.

Did LE find the phone? Do we even know if it's Michelle's? We're assuming it is based on photos LE showed the family but until more details are given, I'm not so sure it has any bearing......unless the perp is a an idiot. I think most know by now that phones can be tracked.

Oh and if it was planted, it could actually deter the investigation. Perp may have planted it nowhere close to where Michelle might be.

I hate sounding so negative but I've seen some LE gather evidence that amount to nothing in the end. The victim is still missing.

I feel the same unfortunately. Finding her phone doesn't necessarily mean they are closer to finding Michelle. Not trying to sound pessimistic, but to me this is bad news as most people would never be separated from their phone. I really hope that this phone will somehow help them find the person who did this.

I feel strongly that if this is as far as the cell phone made it...then (IMO) MP is not too far away either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme