FL - Mother shoots daughter, mistaking her for intruder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

An undercover OFFICER did not hear the gunshot? Did not recognize the gunshot? Even from deep sleep, I don't believe hearing a gunshot would remotely sound like a body hitting the floor. Was he in the bed next to the mother when she fired?

This is weird, IMO.

Also, step-daughter had a gun shot wound to the chest. Presumably there would be blood. Even if he didn't hear the shot, would he not see the blood? He is a cop. Mother is heard on the phone answering questions. Says daughter is 27. Doesn't mention the gun shot either (at least on the part of the call that is linked in the article). Presumably both of them would know that treatment for a gun shot victim would/could/should be different than for a victim with heart problems. Mother is reportedly a 911 dispatcher herself. She doesn't realize that accurate information should be provided ASAP in case like this?

Also, step-daughter had a gun shot wound to the chest. Presumably there would be blood. Even if he didn't hear the shot, would he not see the blood? He is a cop. Mother is heard on the phone answering questions. Says daughter is 27. Doesn't mention the gun shot either (at least on the part of the call that is linked in the article). Presumably both of them would know that treatment for a gun shot victim would/could/should be different than for a victim with heart problems. Mother is reportedly a 911 dispatcher herself. She doesn't realize that accurate information should be provided ASAP in case like this?

They are either guilty of something more sinister or the absolute worst cop and 911 dispatcher in the history of the world. JMO

It's not misreporting. You can listen to the actual 911 call. He claims step-daughter is passed out, not the mother. He claims step daughter has the heart condition. Mother is heard screaming on the phone, doesn't mention the gun shot either as far as I could tell.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ally-shot-killed-daughter-20151230-story.html

Well it isn't like the paramedics/police are going to "overlook" the gunshot and rule it natural causes.

Is it possible that reporting it as a gun shot might delay the arrival of paramedics? As in police coming first and checking things out before the paramedics are allowed on the scene?

Here is an article that says daughter worked in elementary school right there in St. Cloud.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/police-mother-shoots-kills-daughter-after-mistakin/nptHY/

Police have said the victim was entering the house late Tuesday. They said she lived at the home but had been away recently, visiting family in North Carolina.

So maybe she was coming back from a trip?

So the daughter was sickly with a pace maker and living at home at 27. I would bet the mother worried about her a lot and may have gotten more nervous when her daughter went to NC on a trip. If that was the case how ironic that the daughter returns from her trip just fine only to get shot/killed by mom when she makes it home.

I don't see anything sinister in the way the 911 call was reported. Saint Cloud is a small town. This man is an undercover police officer. I do believe he was trying to get medical care there as quickly as possible while also trying to protect his identity from the media and public. IMO, this being Saint Cloud if he had it in as a gun shooting announced over the scanner there would of been media and others showing up. Reporting it as someone collapsing from a heart condition gets medical help there just as quickly, IMO, and helped to conceal his undercover identity.

I don't see anything sinister in the way the 911 call was reported. Saint Cloud is a small town. This man is an undercover police officer. I do believe he was trying to get medical care there as quickly as possible while also trying to protect his identity from the media and public. IMO, this being Saint Cloud if he had it in as a gun shooting announced over the scanner there would of been media and others showing up. Reporting it as someone collapsing from a heart condition gets medical help there just as quickly, IMO, and helped to conceal his undercover identity.

So you are suggesting that this guy is a cop, his wife is a dispatcher, but they don't realize they need to provide accurate information to 911?
By the way his undercover identity is now public. Orlando Sentinel article published his name. So if that was his goal he failed miserably.

Well it isn't like the paramedics/police are going to "overlook" the gunshot and rule it natural causes.

Is it possible that reporting it as a gun shot might delay the arrival of paramedics? As in police coming first and checking things out before the paramedics are allowed on the scene?

It would only delay the arrival of paramedics if the shooter is still active/on the run. Which was not the case here.

So maybe she was coming back from a trip?

So the daughter was sickly with a pace maker and living at home at 27. I would bet the mother worried about her a lot and may have gotten more nervous when her daughter went to NC on a trip. If that was the case how ironic that the daughter returns from her trip just fine only to get shot/killed by mom when she makes it home.

From what has been originally reported, police claimed daughter was visiting from North Carolina, not coming back from a visit to North Carolina.

"St. Cloud police Sgt. Denise Roberts said Wednesday that the mother fired a single shot after hearing someone enter her home late Tuesday. The person she shot was her 27-year-old daughter, who was visiting from North Carolina."

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/...r-visiting-from-North-Carolina-363885771.html

Another funky thing. According to some msm reports, police supposedly said daughter was visiting from North Carolina. Yet I found an article that claims daughter was working in a school in Saint Cloud and they verified this with the school. So was the daughter visiting from another state or was she living in Florida in the same town?

I knew Ashley. She lived in Saint Cloud. But spent the holidays in North Carolina with family. I am guessing she just returned home and was surprising her mom. I know her and her mom were very close. I just can't wrap my mind around any of this. None of it is making any sense. Me and my friends having been trying to go through every scenario and we just keep coming back too Why not say something. Like I have a loaded gun here. I will shoot you. I know for a fact Ashley was an amazing selfless person. She would give you the shirt off her back. She loved kids and was such an amazing role model. This is a terrible loss for her family and friends.

So you are suggesting that this guy is a cop, his wife is a dispatcher, but they don't realize they need to provide accurate information to 911?
By the way his undercover identity is now public. Orlando Sentinel article published his name. So if that was his goal he failed miserably.
Yes, I agree if that was his purpose it failed miserably. I am no way trying to say it was right or wrong. I just believe he was not trying to hide the fact it was a shooting from first responders.
The first stories that I saw about this yesterday did not mention anything about either being in law enforcement. Under one of the stories a person commented that they were in the ER the same time daughter and mother were brought in and overheard that a law enforcement lived in the home. Then today they are reporting it in all the articles.

Yes, I agree if that was his purpose it failed miserably. I am no way trying to say it was right or wrong. I just believe he was not trying to hide the fact it was a shooting from first responders.
The first stories that I saw about this yesterday did not mention anything about either being in law enforcement. Under one of the stories a person commented that they were in the ER the same time daughter and mother were brought in and overheard that a law enforcement lived in the home. Then today they are reporting it in all the articles.

So you are suggesting he knew that the daughter was shot, but told dispatcher she had collapsed because of heart issues? What was he trying to do then? Dispatcher would be giving him instructions on what to do. Isn't it important for a dispatcher to know what is actually wrong with the victim? Gunshot victim isn't going to need the same treatment as victim with a heart problems. This guy is a cop so it's not like he can claim ignorance. Gunshot victim could be bleeding out, so victim might need a blood transfusion, surgery, etc. Heart attack victim is not going to need a blood transfusion.

Am I the only one who would just holler "Who is it? I have a loaded gun."
If it is an actual perp odds are that they will be scared off.
If it is your daughter/sister/mother/father/brother/son/other family member they will identify themselves.
I cannot imagine just shooting because you hear footsteps in your house!

Then again I don't live alone so it's not unusual....
But still, I can't imagine shooting without establishing there is a threat.
Maybe that's why I've never seen the need for a gun.
By the time *I* would be willing to use it, wouldn't be much help to me anyway.
(I don't trust myself much obviously.)

I think I would say "Who is it?!" or maybe "Sally, is that you?!" which is what I do if I'm upstairs and hear someone come in downstairs. But the way my house is laid out I would have time to steady myself and have time to actually see the person before firing. (Or whack him in the head with goalie stick. :) )

So you are suggesting he knew that the daughter was shot, but told dispatcher she had collapsed because of heart issues? What was he trying to do then? Dispatcher would be giving him instructions on what to do. Isn't it important for a dispatcher to know what is actually wrong with the victim? Gunshot victim isn't going to need the same treatment as victim with a heart problems. This guy is a cop so it's not like he can claim ignorance. Gunshot victim could be bleeding out, so victim might need a blood transfusion, surgery, etc. Heart attack victim is not going to need a blood transfusion.

This is something that is bothering me alot. Yes she had heart problems. But while I am not saying the hospitals here are bad. There is quite a difference between the hospital she was taken too and Orlando Regional Medical Center. If they knew it was a gunshot maybe they could of had a life flight ready to take her into Orlando. Instead of Osceola Regional which would make sense if it was a heart problem and was one of the closest hospitals.

I heard her step dad was asleep and didn't realize she was shot. The only way I could make sense of that is if she was shot in the back and she fell backwards which would keep the bullet hole and blood underneath her. But then I wonder why her mother didn't say something about it. There are so many questions.

I remembered when Caylee was missing and then found you guys were on top of that case. I am so happy that you guys are discussing this one as well. While I can't believe her mom would do this on purpose. I know you guys will do the best to get answers. I thank you for that.

I don't have the answers. Yes I do believe it is important for dispatchers to know the truth. Maybe I'm wrong, but IMO being a police officer for as long as he has been he knew what he was doing, including the basics of treating a gunshot wound.
I just don't see why else he would of not mentioned the gunshot. It's not like it is something that could be hidden. So why else would he intentionally leave it out?

I knew Ashley. She lived in Saint Cloud. But spent the holidays in North Carolina with family. I am guessing she just returned home and was surprising her mom. I know her and her mom were very close. I just can't wrap my mind around any of this. None of it is making any sense. Me and my friends having been trying to go through every scenario and we just keep coming back too Why not say something. Like I have a loaded gun here. I will shoot you. I know for a fact Ashley was an amazing selfless person. She would give you the shirt off her back. She loved kids and was such an amazing role model. This is a terrible loss for her family and friends.

So sorry for your loss.
:grouphug:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme