FL FL - Rose Marie Gayhart, 23, Cape Coral, 14 Mar 1985

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dorothy must have been the 2nd person that the officer in the video was referring to. I hadn't gotten that out of her letter before. Great catch. But I do question how dependable her word is. Notice she said first she picked up the ticket Sunday morning then she mentioned that Rose was in there with 3 guys after she babbles about how horrible she thinks Rose is she goes back to the fact that she left with a guy in a red pick up and nobody knows him. Was he in the bar or waiting in the parking lot? He had to have been seen by how many people ig in the bar & nobody else says they saw her leave with him? Knows his name or a physical description? But if true-this was possibly the 17th if we think it's the day of the ticket purchase -this red pick guy would have been around for a few days-nobody else saw him? I doubt it. I think that nobody was asked.

I got the feeling that Dorothy was retelling (as in hindsight) stuff she heard...and perhaps embellishing as she went along. I find her account suspect so not really putting much stock in what she had to say. Someone mentioned earlier upthread that it appears she was in CYA mode, and I tend to agree.

she was 20 years old

Right after being in jail? Oh my. She had her share of torment. Poor Rose.

Actually looking at the list of items that LE has of Rose's looks like she was 21. They have the date she had to surrender he son as 10/6/83. So to put this into perspective Rose after having a difficult home life, has baby Jeffrey with one man who ends up in jail for robbery, has baby Daniel who is then killed by another man, ends up in jail for a year while still dealing with postpartum hormones, when she returns she is forced to give up her only child. Then she ends up meeting & dating Bobby, living together and moving to FL together. In March of 1985 Rose disappears at the age of 23.

I got the feeling that Dorothy was retelling (as in hindsight) stuff she heard...and perhaps embellishing as she went along. I find her account suspect so not really putting much stock in what she had to say. Someone mentioned earlier upthread that it appears she was in CYA mode, and I tend to agree.

This is true...but we are also assuming that the LE in FL did their job. Sadly I am thinking that still hasn't happened.

Actually looking at the list of items that LE has of Rose's looks like she was 21. They have the date she had to surrender he son as 10/6/83. So to put this into perspective Rose after having a difficult home life, has baby Jeffrey with one man who ends up in jail for robbery, has baby Daniel who is then killed by another man, ends up in jail for a year while still dealing with postpartum hormones, when she returns she is forced to give up her only child. Then she ends up meeting & dating Bobby, living together and moving to FL together. In March of 1985 Rose disappears at the age of 23.

Thanks; had to run my daughter to school. I didn't realize her 1st son was older. I can't even imagine any of it as a single occurrence; but for it to be one right after the other had to have been so very emotionally hard!

she had Danny first who was killed and that is the father who went to jail, then she had Jeffery

This is true...but we are also assuming that the LE in FL did their job. Sadly I am thinking that still hasn't happened.

ITA...if they had done their job, we'd have more in their reports, right? Do you think their entire case file has been handed over to NY?

ITA...if they had done their job, we'd have more in their reports, right? Do you think their entire case file has been handed over to NY?

Yes I do. From reading the note from LCSO from 1989 & knowing that Roses belongings were mailed to them, I believe that is the case. Not to mention that NY is the one in charge of her case. I do believe though that things will change & that NY & FL will have the chance to work together to help find answers for Rose. After all the only other case that Livingston County has had hold time along side Rose was Cali Doe-also a NY/FL & FBI connection. Imo this is an opportunity for all involved to help each victim. But it will take a lot of work & also a ton of resolve on the families part too. Especially after all these years it's not easy to alter how we think about things and learn to trust that it will be different. But for the victim you have to put some trust in the hands of those that can in the end bring for answers and Justice. If that makes sense?

I wanted to stop in and update everyone. I did speak to LCSO here in NY, while there wasn't much information that could be shared (open investigation & all) I have to say things do sound positive. From what I gathered there are resources in FL that are working with the LCSO resources here in NY-TEAM WORK on Rose's case! :) This is exactly what is needed for Rose's case & to help get answers for her and Laurie.

I can only hope that with Rose's 30th coming up that the media will get involved and raise some awareness for Rose, capitalizing on all forces working together. I can only imagine what new leads will come out of this for Rose... :)

seems to be a stand still at this time....Thank you all for your feeds....makes me feel better... <3

I wanted to stop in and update everyone. I did speak to LCSO here in NY, while there wasn't much information that could be shared (open investigation & all) I have to say things do sound positive. From what I gathered there are resources in FL that are working with the LCSO resources here in NY-TEAM WORK on Rose's case! :) This is exactly what is needed for Rose's case & to help get answers for her and Laurie.

I can only hope that with Rose's 30th coming up that the media will get involved and raise some awareness for Rose, capitalizing on all forces working together. I can only imagine what new leads will come out of this for Rose... :)

Sounds like identifying Cali as Tammy has motivated them to close Rose's case! <3

seems to be a stand still at this time....Thank you all for your feeds....makes me feel better... <3

That's ok; happens to all cases. You have interest here; that won't stop! ~Hugs

March 1985

I took the 14 out of the album title but do not have time to edit the write up on the 5 photos. The missing since date is taken from NamUs; Doe Net, Charley Project. This is what I have; let me know what needs changed

* Rose's LostNMissing Flier *Needs editing..

Rose Marie Gayhart-March 14, 1985 from Livingston County, NY
Rose Marie was last seen in Fort Myers Florida in March 1985. Her family believes foul play may be involved in her disappearance. Rose Marie would not have went this many years without contacting them. Please, if you have any information on this case, help us get her home with those who love her. Rose Marie had left Livingston county to move to Fort Myers with her boyfriend.

Rose Marie Gayhart
Missing since March 14, 1985 (date family last spoke to her) from Livingston County, New York. It is said that Rose was last seen in Florida on March 21 when leaving her job at Big Howie's
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: February 8, 1962
Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 110 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown, curly hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: She has a scar below her chin. Faint scars around nose and eye, which may not have been noticeable. Stretch marks from prior childbirth. She wears eyeglasses.
Dentals: Available.
DNA: Available
Circumstances of Disappearance
Gayhart lived in the 50 block of northeast Barron Way in Fort Myers, Florida in 1985. Gayhart has never been heard from again. Her family believes foul play might have been involved in her disappearance.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Livingston County (New York) Sheriff's Department
Detective Mark Burgess
585-243-7120
Email

Agency Case Number: ELS001365

NCIC Number: M-156785068
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The Gayhart Family
NamUs - https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/case_report_html/4934
Doe Net - http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/508dfny.html
Charley Project http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gayhart_rose.html
Family Website - https://rosemariegayhart.wordpress.com/
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/MissingRoseMarieGayhart

I took the 14 out of the album title but do not have time to edit the write up on the 5 photos. The missing since date is taken from NamUs; Doe Net, Charley Project. This is what I have; let me know what needs changed

* Rose's LostNMissing Flier *Needs editing..

Rose Marie Gayhart-March 14, 1985 from Livingston County, NY
Rose Marie was last seen in Fort Myers Florida in March 1985. Her family believes foul play may be involved in her disappearance. Rose Marie would not have went this many years without contacting them. Please, if you have any information on this case, help us get her home with those who love her. Rose Marie had left Livingston county to move to Fort Myers with her boyfriend.

Rose Marie Gayhart
Missing since March 14, 1985 (date family last spoke to her) from Livingston County, New York. It is said that Rose was last seen in Florida on March 21 when leaving her job at Big Howie's
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: February 8, 1962
Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 110 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown, curly hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: She has a scar below her chin. Faint scars around nose and eye, which may not have been noticeable. Stretch marks from prior childbirth. She wears eyeglasses.
Dentals: Available.
DNA: Available
Circumstances of Disappearance
Gayhart lived in the 50 block of northeast Barron Way in Fort Myers, Florida in 1985. Gayhart has never been heard from again. Her family believes foul play might have been involved in her disappearance.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Livingston County (New York) Sheriff's Department
Detective Mark Burgess
585-243-7120
Email

Agency Case Number: ELS001365

NCIC Number: M-156785068
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The Gayhart Family
NamUs - https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/case_report_html/4934
Doe Net - http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/508dfny.html
Charley Project http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gayhart_rose.html
Family Website - https://rosemariegayhart.wordpress.com/
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/MissingRoseMarieGayhart

Perfect... Thank you

You can set an alert Laur, so WS will tell you when someone has commented. Let me know if you need help with that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic
Back