FL - Ryan Rogers, 14, fatally stabbed, Palm Beach Gardens, 16 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
(SBM) ...one of the videos the suspect posted the day after Ryan was found.

Wow. The title of that video:
"stalkers hacked my phone to try to make me mad trying to get me to attack boy"

So I dove into that rabbit hole that is his yt for about an hour and I feel like... well i guess I am not sure how to articulate how I feel?

Just... How devastatingly sad for everyone involved.

Ugh Im conflicted, because after watching about a dozen of his videos, it's hard for me to not have compassion for this human being who is so very obviously mentally ill, literally living in delusional reality. I just feel so much sorrow for him.

At the same time, i feel like i shouldn't feel that way because he killed a beautiful, innocent child who had so much to look forward to in life, and who had nothing to do with anything.

I am trying to make sense of it all but I think there is no sense to be made. I'll just sit here with my conflicting feelings and go hug my children a little tighter. :(

MOO

Well, I'm not as surprised as many people by the outcome, but this is truly one of the most random cases I've ever seen.

I'm glad there will be justice. I'm glad the FBI is involved. I'm as big a conspiracy theorist as anybody, but with the FBI involved, there's no chance this is a coverup. MOO

I know so many new members and locals here are just reeling from this. Hugs to you all!

Palm Beach Gardens Police: Ryan Rogers Killed In Chance Encounter With 'Animal' That Shouldn't Have Been On Streets

12/2/21

[..]

According to Williams’ arrest report, a set of headphones found near Rogers did not belong to the teen. A DNA swab from them was put into a law enforcement database and a match came back to Williams.

He was taken into custody on Wednesday night in Miami. A blood-stained bandana was found in his backpack, according to police. An analysis of the blood revealed it came from both Rogers and Williams, according to the arrest report.

Shannon said that Palm Beach Gardens continues to be a very safe city with a very low crime rate.

“This just emphasizes the fact that an incident of this nature could absolutely happen anywhere. You know, people need to always be vigilant and aware of their surroundings wherever they are,” said Shannon.

Williams has an extensive criminal record with arrests in Georgia, California, and Florida. Charges include aggravated assault and battery.

Shannon said Willams has no ties to the city.

[..]

So I dove into that rabbit hole that is his yt for about an hour and I feel like... well i guess I am not sure how to articulate how I feel?

Ugh Im conflicted, because after watching about a dozen of his videos, it's hard for me to not have compassion for this human being who is so very obviously mentally ill, literally living in delusional reality. I just feel so much sorrow for him.

At the same time, i feel like i shouldn't feel that way because he killed a beautiful, innocent child who had so much to look forward to in life, and who had nothing to do with anything.

I am trying to make sense of it all but I think there is no sense to be made. I'll just sit here with my conflicting feelings and go hug my children a little tighter. :(

MOO
I have no sympathy for perpetrators of crimes against children. I remember Sandy Hook and how I felt pain with every single one of my emotions for those families of innocent babies. I feel the same for Ryan, his mom, dad, little brother and all those close to him that have had to go through this.

And the way those Sandy Hook families were attacked by conspiracy theorists! I feel the same toward those that attack Ryan's mom.

I hope for swift justice for both the killer and those who throw stones at the Rogers family.

Last edited:
Yes, his You Tube videos show he is quite mentally ill. So this looks like the least likely of our scenarios, a totally random stranger crime of opportunity. Didn't see that one coming.

since he is a named suspect i think we can share it, any one know for sure?

I'm assuming here, but I don't necessarily think the issue is that LE didn't provide enough information to the public regarding the case, it's that they didn't express concern that there was a random killer out there and the public should be extra vigilant. It was also stated by locals that they did not see any extra patrols in the area as they usually do for other reported crimes against children.

This is definitely an eye opener. I know the area well and you would never imagine a random killing happening there - especially one with a child. I have since moved and would feel equally safe here, but this just shows you can't get comfortable.
There seems to be a notion that LE has a crystal ball though and can know instantly. I do believe you should not have to be told to be extra vigilant if a child was killed. They never said bike accident. They said Not a bike accident.

I think sometimes people do forget that this is not a world of peace and light. There would not be a need for laws and enforcement if it was.
It’s just not what people want to hear.

I think Feeling safe is dependent on what someone feels is personal to them.

I also think that not all mental illness can be treated. Some do need permanent removal and society doesn’t feel good about doing things like that. Until this happens.

If you read what I wrote, the police said they were close to ruling out foul play. That is not rumor or Facebook posts.

IMO the mother then wrote about it being a bike accident and when that turned out to be false, the rumors and speculation really took off.
Yes. I read what you wrote. It is that in no statement from police did I see they stated that.

Yes. I read what you wrote. It is that in no statement from police did I see they stated that.
Try here: Police: Death of local 14-year-old boy ruled a homicide

“Police spokesman Major Paul Rogers told WPBF 25 Investigative Reporter Terri Parker earlier in the day they have several theories as to how Ryan, an avid soccer player and Dwyer High School student, ended up dead near his bike.

Rogers said they are close to ruling out foul play or a hit-and-run, although investigators are not ready to say with certainty.”

If you read what I wrote, the police said they were close to ruling out foul play. That is not rumor or Facebook posts.

IMO the mother then wrote about it being a bike accident and when that turned out to be false, the rumors and speculation really took off.
https://www.wptv.com/news/region-n-...ach-gardens/ryan-rogers-murder-arrest-details

12/2/21

PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. — A 14-year-old Palm Beach Gardens boy was stabbed to death by a "homeless drifter" in what appears to have been "a completely random act," the city's police chief said Thursday.

Semmie Williams Jr., 39, was arrested on a charge of first-degree murder Wednesday night.

Palm Beach Gardens Police Chief Clint Shannon said there didn't appear to be a motive other than an "innocent child victim having a chance encounter with a very violent criminal."

[..]

Shannon said Williams, who was arrested in Miami, had no ties to Palm Beach County or Palm Beach Gardens.

"None whatsoever," he said. "It's a mystery to us why this man was in our community, but, again, we have evidence that places him on the scene and makes him responsible for the murder of this child."

According to a probable cause affidavit, DNA evidence collected at the scene linked Williams to the crime.

[..]

Shannon also defended his department's perceived secrecy about the investigation, saying police "put out what we felt was necessary to protect the public."

"We were working on investigative leads," he said. "We are not going to compromise the case."

When asked if he thought Williams was involved in any other crimes, Shannon said it is part of the ongoing investigation.

Last edited:
I read the probable cause affidavit (which I warn you before doing so yourself is heart breaking and graphic in details of where he was stabbed) they crossed paths around 7:30 with Ryan on bike and the suspect walking.. they were able to get dna from a set of headphones the suspect left behind at the crime scene. Then once locating him found a bandana with blood which was a mix of Ryan and the suspects dna.. I feel horrible for my speculation, lesson learned anything can happen. I hope everyone hugs their loved ones extra tight today. I've never heard of this happening really anywhere. I feel sick over this I can't even imagine his poor family
where can i find this ETA nm found it thanks!
he must have been so scared. this is heartbreaking.

Last edited:
Why and how did he go to Palm Beach from Miami? I feel like I'm missing something giant here. I watched some of his videos and I wouldn't have guessed he would be violent.

Investigators not ready to say with certainty and they never did. You cannot go by what news articles say. Only press releases.

the reason I say this is not to argue with you. It is that the media in its rush to get the scoop often mis-state things.

MOO
im with you with that. the whole situation is sad and terrifying at the same time.

DNA and a bloody bandana with the victim and Williams' blood are significant evidence. What bothers me is transportation and logistics. If Williams did not have a vehicle, he could probably get to Palm Beach Gardens using Tri-Rail and the Palm Tran bus system. However, Tri-Rail doesn't run southbound to Miami at night. Some buses run a little later - most don't - but that would be an extended series of transfers, with multiple transfers through 3 county bus systems. How did Williams get to the scene of the crime and return back to Miami? I'd think he would have had access to a vehicle - perhaps that's what he slept in, as he's homeless.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbajax
Back