FL - Sarah Boone, 42, charged with murdering boyfriend Jorge Torres, 42, by leaving him locked in suitcase, Winter Park, Feb 2020

The Florida woman accused of suffocating her boyfriend in a suitcase can’t seem to get along with her public defenders. Her eighth defense attorney, Patricia Cashman, filed to withdraw from representing Boone. Law&Crime’s
@SierraGillespie breaks down the latest in Boone’s case.

This is a great video. Has 4 attorneys giving their opinions on why she is going through attorneys and shows what she herself recorded and shows body cam of her excuse to LE. Quotes and shows some letters also.

This is a great video. Has 4 attorneys giving their opinions on why she is going through attorneys and shows what she herself recorded and shows body cam of her excuse to LE. Quotes and shows some letters also.

I'm awaiting her 58 page letter to be uploaded somewhere and see what new tangents she's gone down, especially about her international 'fans' funding her release bond.

I'm awaiting her 58 page letter to be uploaded somewhere and see what new tangents she's gone down, especially about her international 'fans' funding her release bond.

If from approved sources please link letters, I have not read any, just a few sentences from my above posted video. Any letters - thanks.

PS

My minimal impression is that she is right in her complaint that she cannot reach her counsel because they are too overworked for her.

I would like to learn more about the merits of her complaints. Is she really being unreasonable?

If from approved sources please link letters, I have not read any, just a few sentences from my above posted video. Any letters - thanks.

PS

My minimal impression is that she is right in her complaint that she cannot reach her counsel because they are too overworked for her.

I would like to learn more about the merits of her complaints. Is she really being unreasonable?

Her newest 58 page letter isn't posted yet, but the others are available on the court's website. Search by Sarah's name. The case number is 2020-CF-002603-A-O. Orange County Clerk of Courts Records Search

Her newest 58 page letter isn't posted yet, but the others are available on the court's website. Search by Sarah's name. The case number is 2020-CF-002603-A-O. Orange County Clerk of Courts Records Search

Wow, a long complaint about her trying to strangle boyfriend it looks like... From your linked court site ... Officer report.

7/25/20181. BATTERY BY STRANGULATION (DATING VIOLENCE) Statute: 784.041(2)(A) Third Degree - Felony

Wow, a long complaint about her trying to strangle boyfriend it looks like... From your linked court site ... Officer report.

7/25/20181. BATTERY BY STRANGULATION (DATING VIOLENCE) Statute: 784.041(2)(A) Third Degree - Felony

Yes, prior to Jorge's murder, LE was called to their home on more than one occasion for violence between the two of them.

"Boone was charged in July 2018 with battery by strangulation... Torres was also charged with battery three times in 2019. His most recent arrest was in September when, according to the affidavit, Boone accused him of punching her in the left ear."

PS

In the most recent court hearing which was video linked and broadcast we saw that SB's most recent lawyer petitioned the judge to step off the case.

In the same hearing, just before the end, SB submitted a 58 page letter in a brown envelope to the judge which he committed to read. In the past, these letters have been scanned onto some form of public system and revealed via news sites or legal news youtubers. So hopefully we'll get to see them.

Examples of disagreements raised in court off the top of my heard were: SB walking out of meetings when her lawyer tried to disclose discovery items to SB. SB making incorrect claims that her lawyer had not furnished her with medical records (she had already sighted and received them). SB asked the judge to tell her lawyer to 'be nice' to her and claimed her lawyer has a 'snooty attitude'. SB incorrectly accused her lawyer of lying to her and deterred her brother from assisting her in getting a bond. SB incorrectly alleged her lawyer was preventing her moving forwards with a jail release bond that her 'fans' would pay even if it was a high amount... on and on really... there's 58 pages of it we have yet to be revealed.

IMO I feel sure the judge will release Patricia Cashman from her position.

In the most recent court hearing which was video linked and broadcast we saw that SB's most recent lawyer petitioned the judge to step off the case.

In the same hearing, just before the end, SB submitted a 58 page letter in a brown envelope to the judge which he committed to read. In the past, these letters have been scanned onto some form of public system and revealed via news sites or legal news youtubers. So hopefully we'll get to see them.

Examples of disagreements raised in court off the top of my heard were: SB walking out of meetings when her lawyer tried to disclose discovery items to SB. SB making incorrect claims that her lawyer had not furnished her with medical records (she had already sighted and received them). SB asked the judge to tell her lawyer to 'be nice' to her and claimed her lawyer has a 'snooty attitude'. SB incorrectly accused her lawyer of lying to her and deterred her brother from assisting her in getting a bond. SB incorrectly alleged her lawyer was preventing her moving forwards with a jail release bond that her 'fans' would pay even if it was a high amount... on and on really... there's 58 pages of it we have yet to be revealed.

Another disagreement SB had with her attorney is she expected them to work full time on her case. As public defenders, they're juggling multiple cases at once and don't have the time or resources to be SB's full time attorney. SB didn't like that fact.

Why can’t these so-called international fans — who are allegedly ready to pay for this deranged woman’s release — hire a private attorney willing to devote his/her sole focus to this case instead?

The fact of the matter is — such an attorney doesn’t exist, public or private! What is this hypothetical attorney going to do? Tell all of his/her established clients, “I’m terribly sorry, but your case must go on the back burner until my new client’s case is resolved”?

The judge really needs to be assertive and let this lady know that the world doesn’t revolve around her. This moved past the point of ridiculous five attorneys ago.

Why can’t these so-called international fans — who are allegedly ready to pay for this deranged woman’s release — hire a private attorney willing to devote his/her sole focus to this case instead?

The fact of the matter is — such an attorney doesn’t exist, public or private! What is this hypothetical attorney going to do? Tell all of his/her established clients, “I’m terribly sorry, but your case must go on the back burner until my new client’s case is resolved”?

The judge really needs to be assertive and let this lady know that the world doesn’t revolve around her. This moved past the point of ridiculous five attorneys ago.

Indeed. Even if money were no object and SB had her own dedicated law firm working solely on her case, they still need to put the discovery items to SB so that she's fully aware of the evidence held against her and can comment.

In the same way that during her police interview SB refused to watch the two minutes of footage retrieved from her mobile phone, it seems she now doesn't wish to view 'discovery' with her attorney - maybe the very same item?

Five years on remand, 8 attorneys later, and it would appear that her psychological denial has become more entrenched and she's got more elaborate justifications and rationalisations. Her beliefs regarding being released on bond by funds raised from international 'fans' is bordering on delusional IMO.

If she'd have taken a plea deal based on being in blackout x alcoholism, mental health, domestic violence etc, she'd possibly be halfway through her sentence by now and have also received some psychological / psychiatric assistance per 'rehabilitation'. JMO MOO

Indeed. Even if money were no object and SB had her own dedicated law firm working solely on her case, they still need to put the discovery items to SB so that she's fully aware of the evidence held against her and can comment.

In the same way that during her police interview SB refused to watch the two minutes of footage retrieved from her mobile phone, it seems she now doesn't wish to view 'discovery' with her attorney - maybe the very same item?

Five years on remand, 8 attorneys later, and it would appear that her psychological denial has become more entrenched and she's got more elaborate justifications and rationalisations. Her beliefs regarding being released on bond by funds raised from international 'fans' is bordering on delusional IMO.

If she'd have taken a plea deal based on being in blackout x alcoholism, mental health, domestic violence etc, she'd possibly be halfway through her sentence by now and have also received some psychological / psychiatric assistance per 'rehabilitation'. JMO MOO

If I had to guess, I'd say she probably has ALL of the personality disorders. And they don't get along with each other.

I truly think she has zero awareness that there are realities outside her own.

Is there anyone she doesn't eventually exhaust?

JMO

BBM.

There likely was no plea deal to take. The prosecution had the crime scene video handed to them and a slam-dunk guilty verdict. What she should have done was plead guilty and beg for mercy (the kind she didn't give her victim).

I'm sure 8 out of 8 attorneys advised her to plead guilty. But she'll never ever do that. And so we wait...

If I had to guess, I'd say she probably has ALL of the personality disorders. And they don't get along with each other.

I truly think she has zero awareness that there are realities outside her own.

Is there anyone she doesn't eventually exhaust?

JMO

Let's wait and see if the judge will appoint a 9th attorney or whether she'll exhaust herself mounting her self-defence :O

Trying for reason of insanity?

She sounds crazy

She sounds crazy

IIRC, a defense of insanity requires the defendant to be found unable to understand the charges or participate in their defense due to their mental condition. Looking at the detailed letters she's written, she seems to fully able to comprehend what's going on and wants to control how the case is handled, quite the opposite from not understanding or being unable to participate. MOO!

She sounds crazy

IMO she's absolutely bonkers but not in the way that the court would require to explain she can't understand the crime she's alleged to have perpetrated or can't understand proceedings.

I think her particular type of problem comes under 'personality' issues as opposed to psychiatric disorders of the magnitude that mean a person is too unwell to be held culpable for their actions.

It seems to me that she's a) wanting to evade hearing the evidence against her at all costs; b) delaying the final sentence where she's going to be found guilty; c) comfortable and at ease in prison;

JMO MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelliWard
Back