FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The baby sitter has a myspace.
I guess that's all I can say?

I saw that but wasn't sure it was her or not. We cannot post the link here as the babysitter has not been named as a poi...at least this is my understanding of WS's TOS.

Here in TN the CPS worker can and does remove children. We were foster parents for 5 years. When our twins were removed, DCS worker made an unexpected visit on the bio mom, only to find the twins completely alone. The worker called, CPS, and the sherrif's office. They were there over an hour before biomom showed up. They removed the children, and were placed with us forever. Our twins were 5 months old. Our son was bigger than our daughter but he had no eyelashes, no eye brows. Our daughter was 5 months old and still wearing preemie clothes. SHe never cried. EVER/ She did not ever get her needs met so she did not know to cry when she was hungry or soiled. That quickly changed after a week with us. Their biomom received WIC. She got vouchers for a high caloric formula that you had to have a rx for. This woman was selling one voucher and feeding the 2 of them with one voucher. The biomom received SSI because she has an IQ of a 13 year old. So, I have a feeling, that this baby is being neglected and malnourished and the parents are at fault. I just pray the baby is still in this world.

In this state, CPS workers can temporarily remove a child. 48 hours...It takes a judge to make it official.

as a nurse and fellow cancer victim.. my heart shatters into a million tiny pieces when I read your post!

You will forever be in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Special, gigantic, heartfelt hugs to you, nurse. And you know why.

God bless you and your sensitive, caring heart.

idk how many by that name would be in chipley?
And nursebemee....I was a nurse also for about ten years back in the day :)
Thank you for your compassion, and if I can ever do anything for you, please let me know.

I saw that but wasn't sure it was her or not. We cannot post the link here as the babysitter has not been named as a poi...at least this is my understanding of WS's TOS.

I think that's her. She's from Chipley, states she loves babysitting her great-neice and she has a friend who's name starts with Tab who was discussed earlier on this thread.

Money shouldn't matter now, just finding little Shannon.
3DOGMOM....You have a beautiful and generous heart, and offering help to Shannon's family is so kind of you. I hope they have a safe trip and praying that baby Shannon is found safe.

Chanii, if you go to a bank that has branches across the country and set up an account. I would be happy to donate for your sisters transportation and hotel costs.

If this is done, please post details - would love to contribute. :hug:

I have to be honest here, I realize that not every one is in a situation where they can just pick up and leave. But I can tell you that if it was someone In my family that had gone missing I would be the first one at the pawn shop trying to get some money. Even if it mean maxing every credit card, getting a pay day advance, whatever there is nothing that could stop me. I am not meaning this to be offensive, just another opinion. I am praying for the safe return of Shannon. I hope we find her safe and sound, and hopefully soon.

Chanii, if you go to a bank that has branches across the country and set up an account. I would be happy to donate for your sisters transportation and hotel costs.

I greatly appreciate the offer and you are truely a caring and giving person. I will relay the suggestion to my Aunt, who is Tinas mother (its Tinas sisters and mom on their way there, not my sisters, sorry for that confusion...I am Tina's cousin but we grew up together very close...she and her sisters were like my sisters too...she was born less than 2 months before me so we were very close in age and her mental development issues didn't begin until she was in middle school, when she appeared to stop maturing mentally and physically, we were in the same grade until then...but I digress)
Anyway, thank you again, sincerely

Rachel

I have to be honest here, I realize that not every one is in a situation where they can just pick up and leave. But I can tell you that if it was someone In my family that had gone missing I would be the first one at the pawn shop trying to get some money. Even if it mean maxing every credit card, getting a pay day advance, whatever there is nothing that could stop me. I am not meaning this to be offensive, just another opinion. I am praying for the safe return of Shannon. I hope we find her safe and sound, and hopefully soon.
All that would take time, Mtrooper, so I think that's what Chaniilove meant when she said her aunt and cousins were leaving the next morning because they had to gather funds together.

I gotcha. I agree not always a quick process, like I said I appologize if I offended anyone. Not my intention.

BBM
Hi NMK: These cases always totally baffle me. Until further information is known, we won't know what really went wrong if something really did go wrong within the family. From what I have read, it does appear that the mom was living with the boyfriend and the boyfriend may not be the biological dad. If anything I would like to hear a bit more about the bio dad at this point. Actually would love to hear more about any members of Shannon's family ... bio, live ins, mother, etc.
We just do not know enough at this point and LE are not forthcoming with many details at this point.
Wonder if there is a presser scheduled for today?

Eleph

Respectfully - we don't know this. This information was posted by, in my opinion, a troll all over the internet. Shannon's maternal family was lead to believe that the "boyfriend" is the bio father as posted by chaniilove, Shannon's grandcousin. In addition, Shannon carries this man's last name, which leads me to think that he is listed on the birth certificate.

Eleph - I appreciate your earlier reminder that there is much we do not know about this case.

Earlier, a poster named Tab was saying all kinds of stuff but NONE of that has been verified or confirmed by any reliable source. It also seemed to go against the grain of we have heard such as the neighbors who thought little Shannon was a happy baby and well taken care of and other comments from the maternal family.

In addition, the Sheriff has basically said - look at what we are doing and match that up with the rumors you are hearing - they don't match.

So..... we wait. I am praying that everything we have heard from Tab is a lie and that little Shannon will be found alive and soon. I am crossing my fingers that when Tina sees her mother, she will tell her what has happened and where little Shannon is. Until then (which may have happened already?) I just keep praying.

Salem

BBM

Respectfully - we don't know this. This information was posted by, in my opinion, a troll all over the internet. Shannon's maternal family was lead to believe that the "boyfriend" is the bio father as posted by chaniilove, Shannon's grandaunt. In addition, Shannon carries this man's last name, which leads me to think that he is listed on the birth certificate.

Eleph - I appreciate your earlier reminder that there is much we do not know about this case.

Earlier, a poster named Tab was saying all kinds of stuff but NONE of that has been verified or confirmed by any reliable source. It also seemed to go against the grain of we have heard such as the neighbors who thought little Shannon was a happy baby and well taken care of and other comments from the maternal family.

In addition, the Sheriff has basically said - look at what we are doing and match that up with the rumors you are hearing - they don't match.

So..... we wait. I am praying that everything we have heard from Tab is a lie and that little Shannon will be found alive and soon. I am crossing my fingers that when Tina sees her mother, she will tell her what has happened and where little Shannon is. Until then (which may have happened already?) I just keep praying.

Salem

Thanks!~

I think that's her. She's from Chipley, states she loves babysitting her great-neice and she has a friend who's name starts with Tab who was discussed earlier on this thread.

It sure seems to be her - I just read her whole blog as it is wide open for all to see. Last login was 29 Oct/09 and mood was set to blessed. She does mention two great nieces but neither one was named Shannon but that really doesn't mean anything.

She does state that she had a great niece born on 29 May/09 (name is not Shannon) and on 15th April/09 she was headed out to pick up another grand niece - not named Shannon.

The babysitting notes during August and September seem to be more frequent ending with a note on 28 October that her niece has been with her all week and that it has been a great week.

Also the friend Tab whose current mood is distraught on 02 Nov/09.

BBM

Respectfully - we don't know this. This information was posted by, in my opinion, a troll all over the internet. Shannon's maternal family was lead to believe that the "boyfriend" is the bio father as posted by chaniilove, Shannon's grandaunt. In addition, Shannon carries this man's last name, which leads me to think that he is listed on the birth certificate.

Salem

You are absolutely correct Salem and the last name of Dedrick does indicate that Rusty is on the birth certificate and is the bio dad.

We don't have much information to go on ... praying for Shannon's return soon and safe. I got side-tracked by a troll and this usually doesn't happen ......grrrrrrrrrrr.

I just started reading this thread tonite, and the mention of the babysitters name rang a bell. I don't know if we are aloud to say it, but look up the Paul Baker missing thread on Websleuths. He has been missing since 1987, his stepmoms name is the same as the babysitter in this case, and they moved to Chipley Fla. years ago

It sure seems to be her - I just read her whole blog as it is wide open for all to see. Last login was 29 Oct/09 and mood was set to blessed. She does mention two great nieces but neither one was named Shannon but that really doesn't mean anything.

She does state that she had a great niece born on 29 May/09 (name is not Shannon) and on 15th April/09 she was headed out to pick up another grand niece - not named Shannon.

The babysitting notes during August and September seem to be more frequent ending with a note on 28 October that her niece has been with her all week and that it has been a great week.

Also the friend Tab whose current mood is distraught on 02 Nov/09.

I've seen both of those spaces also and believe it to be them. I'm not sure how much this Tab knows. It appears she is/has been hearing things from her Aunt (but not real Aunt)...who is also the babysitter...who also owns the van that was allegedly seen at the home the night Shannon went missing.

Sure would be nice if little Shannon was found safe with someone who wanted to protect her. I don't think that is the case here though. It's hard to tell exactly what's going on when there have been no facts released.

If there were others staying in the home, I wonder what type of people they are. And who does LE think was out carrying the baby that night? MO, I think they're looking at Mom and/or Dad.

Have not read the above case yet....but two children go missing under the same caretaker?
ugh, maybe that is why the parents and POI are different.
Wonder if the sitter had ever threatened to take the baby away, then just did?

I just started reading this thread tonite, and the mention of the babysitters name rang a bell. I don't know if we are aloud to say it, but look up the Paul Baker missing thread on Websleuths. He has been missing since 1987, his stepmoms name is the same as the babysitter in this case, and they moved to Chipley Fla. years ago

So Paul was 4 years old when he went missing from SC and he was last seen at home - this is the Paul you are referring to EastCoast?

ETA: Paul was 3 feet tall and weighed 39 pounds at time of disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mzrowdy