FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started reading this thread tonite, and the mention of the babysitters name rang a bell. I don't know if we are aloud to say it, but look up the Paul Baker missing thread on Websleuths. He has been missing since 1987, his stepmoms name is the same as the babysitter in this case, and they moved to Chipley Fla. years ago

Where do you see that they moved to Chipley years ago?

And you never will hear of the good they do. It is all confidential.

For 1 bad case you have 200 good cases.

I agree 3dogmom - you don't hear of the good that they do, but you definitely hear about the bad. Many children have been helped by CPS/DSS, no question about it.

Blessings to your fiance - it is a very hard job. Personally, I don't think any employee should be allowed on the front lines for more than a year or two without a substantial break. Processing paperwork in the background, while heartbreaking, is not nearly as hard as seeing the abuse on a daily basis.

Salem

I may have a Pollyanna attitude, but I just keep holding out hope that the lack of facts in this case are a cause for optimism and a happy ending. Please, please ... just once, let one of these cases have a happy ending.

Where do you see that they moved to Chipley years ago?

Charges were dismissed against James A. and Susan E. Baker in 03'. It appears as though they returned to their home in Chipley, FL and continue to reside there.
From another website I dont know if I am allowed to link here.

Shannon's family are going to be tired and drained - hoping they are not going to try and push themselves too hard and take breaks. Approx 800 miles is the shortest route (based on Dallas to Chipley) and it is about 12 hour drive. Here is a map to put the trek into perspective - God Bless Shannon's family for making this trek to help find her.

Attachments

• Texas to Chipley Map.jpg
    Texas to Chipley Map.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 15
Charges were dismissed against James A. and Susan E. Baker in 03'. It appears as though they returned to their home in Chipley, FL and continue to reside there.

If it's not allowed here, I think the link will be blocked. I'd like to read it.

ETA: I found it, thanks. Found a JB in the sitter's friend's list but I imagine it is a very common name. Wish there were pics of Paul's father and his wife. Is it all just a big coincidence? How big is Chipley?

CuriousTwo - I like your thinking and this has been my opinion as well - but have nothing to base this on other than gut feeling and the way press reports have been written. My prayers are with Shannon.

And to this elpher - I would add the words of the Sheriff. I too am leaning towards an abduction or accident and praying like crazy that this baby is found alive and well.

Salem

Oh for Christ's sake - make me swear - I swear to God I am on my knees begging forgiveness right this minute.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Baker was living with his father and stepmother, James and Susan Baker at the time of his disappearance. They have been arrested in connection with his disappearance. They were charged with assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature for allegedly beating him before he vanished March 5, 1987.
Susan Baker told police she put him down for a nap that day and returned to find him missing. Deputies and police searched the area around their home for several days but found no trace of the little boy.
After the disappearance, the couple's 6-year-old daughter was removed by state social workers who discovered broken bones and sores on her body.
Susan Baker was convicted for beating the girl and sentenced to 10 years in prison for assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature. Paul has never been found.

http://www.freewebs.com/scmissingunidentified/scmissingchildren.htm

ETA: Wonder who Tab really is - making me really, really wonder.

Attachments

• James A and Susan E.jpg
    James A and Susan E.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 71

Has anyone checked the property records in Chipley For these names?? I read the flier on Paul Baker and if this is the same woman, it does not look good............

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/baker_paul.html

Is/Should LE be aware of this, if they are not already?

Did a whitepages search for JEB and sure enough there is a Chipley address with a SAB listed as wife. (Sorry missed this up above)

Wow, wonder if it is truly coinicidence.

The WIC program - women & infant children, i think- isn't that for free formula & milk? A woman with 5 small kids at the grocery checking out in front of me had a voucher that said WIC & she had a full cart that was rung up after her other purchase, the clerk copied some numbers & there was no $$$ exchanged ...... I thought that is better use of gov't funds than food stamps being used to buy soda pop, candy & chips which always knots my knickers.
ETA: Often I have seen cash come out of the pocket for beer & ciggies, which furthers my resentment of misuse of our system... ok stepping down off my podium now & back to lurking.

Yes that is what WIC is...I had to use it myself for my first child. While you are pregnant WIC buys "healthy" stuff for you. Milk, cheese, beans, eggs, and juice.
And you can't just pick whatever, like cinnamon toast crunch or captain crunch, etc...They have a certain list of cereals you can pick from, healthier ones I guess.
Juice is usually Juicy Juice brands or some brands of V8. Cheapest brand of milk and eggs.
They definitely have restrictions on what you can buy.

Oh for Christ's sake - make me swear - I swear to God I am on my knees begging forgiveness right this minute.

http://www.freewebs.com/scmissingunidentified/scmissingchildren.htm

ETA: Wonder who Tab really is - making me really, really wonder.

I can't believe this, I'm hoping they've put this together. Is this the same person as her babysitter? Son missing in the same way Shannon went missing. I don't even know what to say right now, I'm dumbfounded. Do we know how old the babysitter is?

Did a whitepages search for JEB and sure enough there is a Chipley address with a SAB listed as wife.

Wow, wonder if it is truly coinicidence.

Oh,,, that just gave me chills all the way to my toes................

Is this information coming from a news media site or another forum?

I'm trying to edit that out as it is rumor, I can't edit anything right now. So, not confirmed, working on removing.

Any particular reason, that I can post, my edit button shows up, but when I click on it, it doesn't load, it tries to freeze, sluggish on forum changes too...if anybody knows? I am trying to remove a few posts and it won't let me.

ETA: NEVER mind works now. Could those who quoted me remove the quote? Sorry, I don't normally do this.

I can't believe this, I'm hoping they've put this together. Is this the same person as her babysitter? Son missing in the same way Shannon went missing. I don't even know what to say right now, I'm dumbfounded. Do we know how old the babysitter is?

50 years old

The last name is really common so how can we be sure it's the same person? Has anyone been able to find pictures of Paul Baker's stepmother from the news? Then we could compare to the myspace for SB that was found. But, we still can't be positive the SB myspace is the same SB babysitter.

I am also wondering about how old the babysitter is and if it could fit in with this other case. I read that someone pulled up a myspace page. Is there a picture on it that might tell her age?

Paul Baker is 27 years is old???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member