FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started reading this thread tonite, and the mention of the babysitters name rang a bell. I don't know if we are aloud to say it, but look up the Paul Baker missing thread on Websleuths. He has been missing since 1987, his stepmoms name is the same as the babysitter in this case, and they moved to Chipley Fla. years ago

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I haven't completely caught up yet - but this is horrifying!

Salem

I am also wondering about how old the babysitter is and if it could fit in with this other case. I read that someone pulled up a myspace page. Is there a picture on it that might tell her age?

It says 50. The one I found with his name (maybe not him) says 51.

Paul Baker was 3 when he went missing in 1987. So, he would be 22 or 23 today right?

I am reading on the myspace and in one of her status updates she talks about her van. So, another thing telling me this is the babysitter's myspace.

ETA: i can't do math; he would be 25 or 26?

I am also wondering about how old the babysitter is and if it could fit in with this other case. I read that someone pulled up a myspace page. Is there a picture on it that might tell her age?

No pictures on the MySpace and probably for a good reason. Age is 50 just like CarrieBean said.

There is a James as a friend of Susan's on MS. His page is private.Says he is 51. I was in the process of trying to see if there were any pictures out there of Paul's dad that could match up to his pic on MS.

Okay, so who is Tab really??? I am keeping my thoughts to myself right now as it is all pure and I mean pure speculation.

There is a James as a friend of Susan's on MS. His page is private.Says he is 51. I was in the process of trying to see if there were any pictures out there of Paul's dad that could match up to his pic on MS.

Can't seem to find any pix of either James or Susan either then or now so ... the hunt is on.

Sat June 10 2000 19:42:11

James Baker, 41, and Susan Baker, 41 - charges of assault and battery
BEAUFORT COUNTY, N.C.
Parents charged 13 years after son vanishes -- (Island Packet)
A Florida couple has been arrested in connection with the 1987 disappearance of their son, 3-year-old Paul Leonard Baker of Beaufort.
Found this link to an Island Packet Newspaper article, but link wont work. But it shows them being 41 yrs old in 2000, so that would make it about right. Also in error is that it is Beaufort County SC, not NC

Sat June 10 2000 19:42:11

James Baker, 41, and Susan Baker, 41 - charges of assault and battery
BEAUFORT COUNTY, N.C.
Parents charged 13 years after son vanishes -- (Island Packet)
A Florida couple has been arrested in connection with the 1987 disappearance of their son, 3-year-old Paul Leonard Baker of Beaufort.
Found this link to an Island Packet Newspaper article, but link wont work. But it shows them being 41 yrs old in 2000, so that would make it about right. Also in error is that it is Beaufort County SC, not NC

Is there a picture of them .. meaning James and Susan?

I will go search some local papers and see if they are archived anywhere right now.

Okay, so who is Tab really??? I am keeping my thoughts to myself right now as it is all pure and I mean pure speculation.

My concern isn't really with Tab. I have a feeling she is just being fed stuff, by her (not real) Aunt.

Tab - removed .... sorry, just lost my mind for a minute. My apologies.

I can't believe this, I'm hoping they've put this together. Is this the same person as her babysitter? Son missing in the same way Shannon went missing. I don't even know what to say right now, I'm dumbfounded. Do we know how old the babysitter is?

I had the same thought. I think that the babysitter is photographed in one of the stories where she is interviewed. Is there a mug shot from the other case.

I'd be shocked if it was the same person. It's a common name.

But one thing I wondered about in Shannon's case was the request for info on the gray van. It turns out the parents knew who she was, yet for some reason (at least not that I saw) never said who the car belonged to. Why did she have to come forward after a public appeal? Why didn't the parents call her instead of going over to the neighbors to ask? Why didn't she race over the home the minute she heard the news? It seems LE didn't need to make that info public. They could have just contacted her directly. Am I missing something?

This could also help explain some of the timeline.

Wow. Just wow.

Paul Leonard Baker
DOB 6/29/83
Dmissing 3/5 /1987

tp://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/baker_paul.html

I have not been able to find a picture of either of them.

James has a picture on myspace. If you look at Susan's friends, he is the second James you come to says he is 51 in Chipley, FL.

Still searching for past photos to compare.

ummmmmmm, did any of you read that first bit on the charleyproject?

..."James' affair with Susan, who was employed as their children's BABYSITTER..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1