FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shannon does look very under weight for her age and that, among other things, is concerning. Even if she does have a legitimate medical problem that causes her to fall under the weight norms many of those conditions can be treated with medical care...like a growth hormone deficiency for example. This is not sounding good at all.

Shannon does look very under weight for her age and that, among other things, is concerning. Even if she does have a legitimate medical problem that causes her to fall under the weight norms many of those conditions can be treated with medical care...like a growth hormone deficiency for example. This is not sounding good at all.

This is almost exactly what I was about to post...11 pounds at 7 months seems VERY small to me...and the fact that statements about wanting the baby dead don't bode well for her at all. Bless this precious child.

that poor baby looks malnourished and I would look real close at the parents.....also she was not abducted as they slept through the night, how would that little baby be out of their sight? jmooc

Reading the family members comments on that topix linked earlier, it doesn't look promising. Hopefully they are just rumors.

In one of the articles Shannon's aunt said that Shannon's mother had a growth deficiency which may have been past down to Shannon. The deficiency caused larger than normal head. It was never stated what exactly this deficiency is. I wondered if Shannon might have fetal alcohol syndrome. She matches some of the symptoms but FAS actually causes a smaller than normal head but like someone stated she could be so underweight it is just making her head seem a lot bigger than it is.

Unfortunatly, I think it seems pretty obvious what happened to little Shannon. If I ever heard a friend or family member state they wanted their child dead I would try to do something. People don't just make comments like that. I totally don't buy the "i just thought she was kidding' excuse - who kids about something like that?

I have been trying to respond since yesterday but was awaiting final membership approval to be able to reply. I am a family member in texas, and these comments from Tab about what Tina said and has said in the past are news to us. Members of the family here did try to get custody when the baby was born but children and family services said that they didn't have cause to take the baby away and that they would moniter them. We never heard her say anything like she wished the baby was dead or it would not have been ignored. I wish we could have done more but please don't assume that these things are true and give up any hope for Shannon, I grew up with Tina and I honestly cannot imagine it being true. I don't trust lie detectors and I'm not sure I beleive they would have given them one, since they are mentally handicapped in some degree (not retardation like the poster on topix said), or since Tina supposedly admitted that she put the baby in the woods...why give a lie detector test if she admits it, and is the part she failed the part where she said she did that...alot of what Tab says doesn't add up to me and I really hope it is just rumor, I intend to keep hoping the best until I know otherwise.

I have been trying to respond since yesterday but was awaiting final membership approval to be able to reply. I am a family member in texas, and these comments from Tab about what Tina said and has said in the past are news to us. Members of the family here did try to get custody when the baby was born but children and family services said that they didn't have cause to take the baby away and that they would moniter them. We never heard her say anything like she wished the baby was dead or it would not have been ignored. I wish we could have done more but please don't assume that these things are true and give up any hope for Shannon, I grew up with Tina and I honestly cannot imagine it being true. I don't trust lie detectors and I'm not sure I beleive they would have given them one, since they are mentally handicapped in some degree (not retardation like the poster on topix said), or since Tina supposedly admitted that she put the baby in the woods...why give a lie detector test if she admits it, and is the part she failed the part where she said she did that...alot of what Tab says doesn't add up to me and I really hope it is just rumor, I intend to keep hoping the best until I know otherwise.

Welcome to Websleuths, I think you will find the people here much more respectful than Topix. Just a heads up... the owner of websleuths, Tricia may want to contact you to verify your identity.

Again Welcome, and I am praying for Shannon and your family during this horrific time.

I received my TES/FL email on this earlier. I am proud to be a member of TES/FL organization's Florida sect...

In a sad way, Caylee's death has brought so many searchers together, and when needed we are always on alert.

My prayers go out to this family and Shannon is found safe and sound.
My truck is loaded to go, daughter and fiance packing up in case we get called. 6 hr drive for me. Are you going if they let the public in?

As the updated foster folly news report says, Tina does suffer from a growth problem both mentally and physically, and at 5 feet tall she weighed around 67 lbs before her pregnancy, and the baby was very small at birth, so 11 lbs is not a surprising weight for me to hear, nor do I assume malnourishment, In the photo showing her body she had baby fat on her legs and arms, she didn't look boney...my son was 22 inches long when he was born, so 2 feet is only 2 inches longer, and 11 lbs is 4 lbs more than my son weighed at birth. If I remember correctly shannon only weighed 3 or 4 lbs at birth, I have a picture of her being held in the hospital and she is barely longer than the persons hand.

I found Tab blogging on another sight with a username which I googled and found a twitter account with her full name. I don't know any of Rustys family so I can't verify if she is a family member

As the updated foster folly news report says, Tina does suffer from a growth problem both mentally and physically, and at 5 feet tall she weighed around 67 lbs before her pregnancy, and the baby was very small at birth, so 11 lbs is not a surprising weight for me to hear, nor do I assume malnourishment, In the photo showing her body she had baby fat on her legs and arms, she didn't look boney...my son was 22 inches long when he was born, so 2 feet is only 2 inches longer, and 11 lbs is 4 lbs more than my son weighed at birth. If I remember correctly shannon only weighed 3 or 4 lbs at birth, I have a picture of her being held in the hospital and she is barely longer than the persons hand.

I found Tab blogging on another sight under the username sieric which I googled and found a twitter account under the name Tabitha Phillips. I don't know any of Rustys family so I can't verify if she is a family member, but maybe that name will help you guys

We have been praying for this little sweetie, chaniilove....We want her to be found safe soon.

It must be hard to be so far away.

(((hugs)))

Welcome to WS, I am sorry about the conditions that brought you here. Please know that there are many people who post here who will go and help search as soon as we know the public is allowed. Has the family contacted Texas Equusearch yet? TES will not come in unless they have the permission of the family and LE.

http://texasequusearch.org/

Many prayers for you and your family.

Dsntslp = Doesn't Sleep

I found Tab blogging on another sight under the username sieric which I googled and found a twitter account under the name EDITED OUT. I don't know any of Rustys family so I can't verify if she is a family member, but maybe that name will help you guys

Thanks for the explanation about Shannons small size. Good sleuthing on Tab, but I would recommend going back and editing out her full name. We are not allowed to post names of innocent people, or those who have not been released by the media.:angel:

ETA-I just don't want you to get in trouble.

In the picture of Shannon where you can see her full body, she does have some cute baby fat on her legs.

I edited out her full name. We also found her address and phone number...my aunt who was there when shannon was born is looking into who she is...she lives about 11 miles from tinas house and on the same street as another person with the last name of dedrick so I think she probably is family but that doesnt mean she isnt lying or trying to cast off suspicion from her side of the family (shannons father), i'm not accusing her of lying just saying I don't know if what she says is true so I won't assume it to be so

Chaniilove - welcome to WS. My heart goes out to you and little Shannon. And I pray that what is being said on Twitter is not true.

I take it Rusty is NOT Shannon's father? Just Tina's boyfriend? You say both Rusty and Tina are mentally challenged - how so? I am not the most politically correct poster, so please if I say something that hurts you - just tell me, okay. It is not my intent to hurt you at all, just to understand what is happening in this case. I feel so bad for your little grandneice and I'm praying she is found safe very soon.

Will you be going to FL to see your neice? Will some member of the family be going to be with her? If she is mentally challenged, than I would think she is scared out of her wits having to deal with LE and all the other officials around her right now.

Have you ever met Rusty? What kind of guy is he? Is he given to fits of anger? Is the twitter poster saying what she is saying to throw suspicion off of Rusty? Apparently she is related to Rusty?

Hugs to you,

Salem

Chaniilove - welcome to WS. My heart goes out to you and little Shannon. And I pray that what is being said on Twitter is not true.

I take it Rusty is NOT Shannon's father? Just Tina's boyfriend? You say both Rusty and Tina are mentally challenged - how so? I am not the most politically correct poster, so please if I say something that hurts you - just tell me, okay. It is not my intent to hurt you at all, just to understand what is happening in this case. I feel so bad for your little grandneice and I'm praying she is found safe very soon.

Will you be going to FL to see your neice? Will some member of the family be going to be with her? If she is mentally challenged, than I would think she is scared out of her wits having to deal with LE and all the other officials around her right now.

Have you ever met Rusty? What kind of guy is he? Is he given to fits of anger? Is the twitter poster saying what she is saying to throw suspicion off of Rusty? Apparently she is related to Rusty?

Hugs to you,

Salem

Rusty is the father...I'm not sure what mental condition he has just that he is also mentally challenged. Im not sure the name for Tinas condition but basically she seemed to stop growing mentally and physically for the most part at around 13. She has completely cognitive thought but mentally acts like a child, but she has always fought to act like an adult and be independant. From what I know there were several people who lived with them, I cannot beleive how long it took for this to be reported espcially if what tab says about her taking her for a walk late friday night is true. How could the whole household not notice the baby gone until the next morning or afternoon. As soon as possible my aunt and cousins (tinas mother and sisters) will be going up there.
It doesn't look on google earth like there is that much wood immediately nearby the house, it seems like 75 people searching for 2 days could have cleared the area by now...I wish someone official would give us some definite news that we can believe so we could quit speculating so much...

I edited out her full name. We also found her address and phone number...my aunt who was there when shannon was born is looking into who she is...she lives about 11 miles from tinas house and on the same street as another person with the last name of dedrick so I think she probably is family but that doesnt mean she isnt lying or trying to cast off suspicion from her side of the family (shannons father), i'm not accusing her of lying just saying I don't know if what she says is true so I won't assume it to be so

That is a good way to go about it.

Maps can be very deceiving. If you think in terms of three or four standard house lots make an acre and then take that and apply it to all of the woods in that area it appears to me that there are many tracts of large acreage. Did you see my post about Texas Equusearch?

Rusty is the father...I'm not sure what mental condition he has just that he is also mentally challenged. Im not sure the name for Tinas condition but basically she seemed to stop growing mentally and physically for the most part at around 13. She has completely cognitive thought but mentally acts like a child, but she has always fought to act like an adult and be independant. From what I know there were several people who lived with them, I cannot beleive how long it took for this to be reported espcially if what tab says about her taking her for a walk late friday night is true. How could the whole household not notice the baby gone until the next morning or afternoon. As soon as possible my aunt and cousins (tinas mother and sisters) will be going up there.
It doesn't look on google earth like there is that much wood immediately nearby the house, it seems like 75 people searching for 2 days could have cleared the area by now...I wish someone official would give us some definite news that we can believe so we could quit speculating so much...

I am really glad you are here to clear up speculation and rumors. Thank you for posting.

I agree with contacting Texas Equasearch. They are amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay