FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chaniilove: Please review this post by one of our administrators from another thread concerning another local:
If you are going to post what you "know" as fact here you have to either have a link or be verified by the site owner, Tricia, as being who you say you are(Local?) You may do this by emailing her at Tgrif@xmission.com.

thanks for your cooperation

Animal

and...........!!!
sc1.gif

Maps can be very deceiving. If you think in terms of three or four standard house lots make an acre and then take that and apply it to all of the woods in that area it appears to me that there are many tracts of large acreage. Did you see my post about Texas Equusearch?

I did, I gave the information to my mother, but we talked to the center for missing children and the guy there said they had called and offered assistance and were refused, he said in 23 yrs he had not had a le agency be so against having outside help, and he didnt understand why they wouldnt give them permission to come help

I did, I gave the information to my mother, but we talked to the center for missing children and the guy there said they had called and offered assistance and were refused, he said in 23 yrs he had not had a le agency be so against having outside help, and he didnt understand why they wouldnt give them permission to come help

that is awful! baby Shannon needs all the help she can get right now!!

Chaniilove: Please review this post by one of our administrators from another thread concerning another local:
If you are going to post what you "know" as fact here you have to either have a link or be verified by the site owner, Tricia, as being who you say you are(Local?) You may do this by emailing her at Tgrif@xmission.com.

thanks for your cooperation

Animal

I emailed her asking how to verify my identity, thanks
Rachel

Wow, I hope LE has a reason to refuse help.

Do you mean "The CUE Center" ? LE may be more amenable to TES coming, I'm not sure. I think I would call and try it anyway. It couldn't hurt. TES has a chapter here in FL and could mobilize quickly. Perhaps LE does not want anyone but LE on the scene for fear of contaminating a crime scene. Tim Miller (TES) has a very good reputation for working with LE. I would call them anyway, but that is just my own opinion.

More prayers.

Dsntslp

I'm going out on a limb here and saying LE refused the help because they think they know where the baby is and that they will find her. So, I'm thinking LE is working off some info they believe to be true at this time.

If the baby is not found soon, LE may change their stance and allow other searchers in. This is one of those frustrating timing issues to me. LE will not want to have the crime scene (if there is one) disrupted by outside searchers, but at the same time, there is great need to find this baby quickly. If LE does not find her soon, it maybe time for Tina's mother to pound on LE to let others in to help search. I'm just praying that Tina's mother gets there as quickly as she can because I'm thinking once she is there to hold and comfort Tina, Tina may tell her what really happened.

Could it be that someone in the household did something, but has coercered Tina into saying she took the baby for a walk? I'm worried about this situation all the way around. I'm worried about the baby and I'm worried about Tina at this point.

Prayers to your aunt for a safe trip to Tina's side. Prayers that Tina will talk to her mother. AND most of all, Prayers to Little Shannon, may she be found safe.

Salem

Can any of you tell me why they refuse to let Tinas mother talk to her when tina is at the police station voluntarily and is not in custody, her mother keeps calling and they won't let her talk to her and I don't see how they can legally refuse her. :banghead:
My mother talked to the reporter kathy, the one doing the fosters follys story, and gave her tabs info...she is going to talk to her after she talks to the sheriff about what tab says tina is saying and about the polygraph, because the sheriff told tinas mom that rusty (shannons dad) sister had and passed a polygraph but didnt say anyone else had been tested or anyone had failed. she said there was about to be another press release and shes calling back with an update after that.

Also, my mom is calling TES now, and if she isnt close enough family tinas mom will call. hopefully their assistance will be accepted

I'm going back to the "Tina stopped growing physically and mentally at the around the age of 13".

We sleuths need to think like 13/14 year olds here. What would a 13/14 year old do in such a situation? I guess first we have to figure out what the situation is.....

1. Tina is a young mother who is frustrated with her child - would she harm the child? Most, and I say most, not all, young teens would NOT harm a child. They may put the baby somewhere for awhile because they can't deal with the situation. Recently, in this forum, we have seen several instances of teens harming small children - but typically that doesn't happen. Now, Tina may be scared. Maybe the other adults started yelling at her and hammering her about where the baby is and now she is confused and scared.

2. Maybe something bad happened to the baby and Tina is/or thinks she is responsible so she hid the baby. Maybe others told her she would go to jail, etc. etc. to scare her and unfortunately it worked too well and Tina is now very scared and scared to tell the truth?

3. Maybe someone in the household hurt the baby and hid the baby and is demanding that Tina say she hid the baby. They could be threatening Tina and Rusty with harm or being locked up.

We need more info here. Chaniilove - would Tina be afraid of having to live in a home or mental hospital? Has she ever been exposed (for lack of a better word) to such issues? Is her relationship with her mother a strong one? I understand her wanting independence if she has the metal capacity of a 13/14 year old, because all 13/14 year olds think they know more than their parents. This is the rebellious/independent stage of growing up. Hard place to be stuck in...:(

Salem

As the updated foster folly news report says, Tina does suffer from a growth problem both mentally and physically, and at 5 feet tall she weighed around 67 lbs before her pregnancy, and the baby was very small at birth, so 11 lbs is not a surprising weight for me to hear, nor do I assume malnourishment, In the photo showing her body she had baby fat on her legs and arms, she didn't look boney...my son was 22 inches long when he was born, so 2 feet is only 2 inches longer, and 11 lbs is 4 lbs more than my son weighed at birth. If I remember correctly shannon only weighed 3 or 4 lbs at birth, I have a picture of her being held in the hospital and she is barely longer than the persons hand.

I found Tab blogging on another sight with a username which I googled and found a twitter account with her full name. I don't know any of Rustys family so I can't verify if she is a family member

Hello and welcome to WS. It is nice to have a family member here to set some of the rumours going around straight. Like another poster said - I am sure you will find Websleuths a little more er, polite and respectful than the Topix thread.

Is the deficiency they suffer from called Achondroplasia? It is a form of dwarfism which causes the person to have a large head with a small body and small extremities.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achondroplasia

Respectfully bolded by me~
Can any of you tell me why they refuse to let Tinas mother talk to her when tina is at the police station voluntarily and is not in custody, her mother keeps calling and they won't let her talk to her and I don't see how they can legally refuse her. :banghead:
My mother talked to the reporter kathy, the one doing the fosters follys story, and gave her tabs info...she is going to talk to her after she talks to the sheriff about what tab says tina is saying and about the polygraph, because the sheriff told tinas mom that rusty (shannons dad) sister had and passed a polygraph but didnt say anyone else had been tested or anyone had failed. she said there was about to be another press release and shes calling back with an update after that.

Also, my mom is calling TES now, and if she isnt close enough family tinas mom will call. hopefully their assistance will be accepted

Maybe because they can not verify that your aunt is really Tina's mom.

Also, your poor aunt - can she fax any medical documentation to the Sheriff's office to explain about Tina's lack of mental growth? Maybe if the Sheriff understands the situation they will let her talk to Tina. Would your aunt be willing to talk to Tina on a speaker phone? If she could get Tina to say where Shannon is, then the Sheriff could go get the baby.

Salem

I've got to go feed my son, i'll update ya'll if I hear anything new, I'm sure you will do the same

Also - chaniilove - try to remind everyone that the Sheriff is your best friend at the moment. I can only imagine how frustrating this all is and how difficult it is for your family members that need and want to talk with Tina. But everyone should try to keep their frustration in check (you can post it here) when dealing with the Sheriff. Remember he too is in the middle of a very frustrating situation - they can't find the baby, the media is circling, etc. Help everyone stay calm in the best interests of Shannon. The number one goal at this point is to find the baby. The sheriff will be frustrated with Tina if he thinks she knows where Shannon is and just is not telling. Know what I mean?

Salem

Not sure how convenient this would be, but Tina's mom may want to go down to her local police department/sheriff office, and ask them to make the call. This would cut through the verifying stage.

moo

Not sure how convenient this would be, but Tina's mom may want to go down to her local police department/sheriff office, and ask them to make the call. This would cut through the verifying stage.

moo

This is a great idea!

Salem

moo
YES! That is a terrific idea!

If it were me, I wouldn't care about red tape or proving relation. I'd be on the courthouse steps with a photo and a loudspeaker, let them help or arrest me.
But I'm one of the more "on the edge" posters.

Welcome to WS, chaniilove.

I was so hoping for good news. POI is not good news if it doesn't include safe recovery.
Shannon, I'm praying for you, baby.

I live just one block from Brown St. searchers doing only a fair job, but JMO on that one.
I did give them some info that I heard on Fri. Do we know for sure that the baby did not go missing till Sat morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734