FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just posted, but had to add some more. Sheriffs Dept has asked me to stay here. Is that a law?? I want to check places they may have missed. On the other hand they are bringing in dogs. this is not good. there would be no scent for a live baby. I wouldnt think she would be walking yet.

I think the "street" is actually a dirt road.

I live just one block from Brown St. searchers doing only a fair job, but JMO on that one.
I did give them some info that I heard on Fri. Do we know for sure that the baby did not go missing till Sat morning?
Are they at least fingertip to fingertip and in a line? TIA

I just posted, but had to add some more. Sheriffs Dept has asked me to stay here. Is that a law?? I want to check places they may have missed. On the other hand they are bringing in dogs. this is not good. there would be no scent for a live baby. I wouldnt think she would be walking yet.
If they are bringing in dogs please do as they have asked and stay away from the woods. It is much easier for the dogs to locate a missing person or cadaver if there are less scents to discern. When the dogs are done, if they do not find her, they may let the public in to help search.

Are they at least fingertip to fingertip and in a line? TIA

A little more info on the search for baby Shannon:

<snip>

Approximately 75 search and rescue personnel from Liberty, Gulf and Bay County as well as K-9 teams and volunteers from local fire departments have worked an extensive ground search effort which was activated non-stop from the time of the initial call through Sunday at approximately 1:30 a.m. It resumed again Sunday at 7:00 a.m. and is ongoing at this time. The arm to arm ground search has covered approximately a ½ mile radius around the home and deputies are expanding that area each hour. Investigators with Washington County Sheriff’s Office, with the assistance of investigators with FDLE, Bay County Sheriff’s Office, Jackson County Sheriff’s Office, Chipley Police Department, Holmes County Sheriff’s Office and Graceville Police Department are currently working an investigation into any and all leads at this time.

more here

http://www.panhandleparade.com/index.php/mbb/article/missing_child_update/

There is no line, there is no finger to finger, not that I have seen. I didnt even know about this till about an hour ago. Scared me when I opened the door to see a deputy in search t shirt.

edit:::I deleted info here. I just realized there is a close realative on line. if you read it, forget it.

Not sure how convenient this would be, but Tina's mom may want to go down to her local police department/sheriff office, and ask them to make the call. This would cut through the verifying stage.

moo

Is it possible Tina doesn't want to talk to her mother??

Or

She may have been giving them the information they needed to locate poor Shannon and they didn't want her interrupted by a phone call.

Not another one, that poor baby :( She looked really skinny for a 7-month-old in those pictures. My son was 3 lbs 7 oz at birth due to severe IUGR, has always been extremely small (not even close to being on the charts), and he was still a little over 14 lbs at 7 months. A 7-month-old weighing 11 lbs sounds like abuse to me.

ETA: I just read the post about there being a genetic growth issue. That still seems very small though.

There is no line, there is no finger to finger, not that I have seen. I didnt even know about this till about an hour ago. Scared me when I opened the door to see a deputy in search t shirt.

I heard a baby screaming crying 2 doors from me on Friday afternoon. Some woman (sounded white with no accent) kept saying "shut up, I said shut up, then she would slap the baby/child again.

If im not making sense, just hang on, I will settle down in a little bit. I am just sick about this.

I was angry at the woman for slapping such a small child the way she did, that I came in the house to cool down. I wanted to go slap her (I have never hit anyone in my life) I was prob in house about 1/2 hr maybe, then went in side, no sounds coming from that house. I never gave it much more thought at that time except if I heard it again, i was going to call the law.

I still would, but that is just me. Are you thinking it is the same house Shannon lives at? If so I would still call.

I heard a baby screaming crying 2 doors from me on Friday afternoon. Some woman (sounded white with no accent) kept saying "shut up, I said shut up, then she would slap the baby/child again.

If im not making sense, just hang on, I will settle down in a little bit. I am just sick about this.

I was angry at the woman for slapping such a small child the way she did, that I came in the house to cool down. I wanted to go slap her (I have never hit anyone in my life) I was prob in house about 1/2 hr maybe, then went in side, no sounds coming from that house. I never gave it much more thought at that time except if I heard it again, i was going to call the law.

Just call the law - don't wait for the next time. It might be too late then. Slapping a child is not an appropriate form of discipline. If you really don't want to call and you know this neighbor, maybe you could offer to watch for the child for 1/2 hour or so, while the mom gets a grip?

I actually chased a car down the freeway once, while on the phone with the CHP because I could see the mom beating the child in the backseat. We have to ACT, we cannot wait!

I'm not pounding on you, I'm just encouraging you. ((hugs))

Salem

I still would, but that is just me. Are you thinking it is the same house Shannon lives at? If so I would still call.

Definitely agree with this. Slapping a crying baby/child because it can't/won't "shut up" is abuse. jmo

Soulscape has posted a chart for this sweet baby. It doesn't look good.

no-- not good if "Shannon was believed to have gone missing between 3:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. " :(

no-- not good if "Shannon was believed to have gone missing between 3:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. " :(

Where did you see that? That's a strangely specific gap. I wonder what's its based on. It definitely suggests that if someone is claiming to have gotten up to dress her and give her breakfast, etc. and found her gone that LE is not buying their story.

Has anyone seen an account of how she was allegedly discovered missing?

Where did you see that? That's a strangely specific gap. I wonder what's its based on. It definitely suggests that if someone is claiming to have gotten up to dress her and give her breakfast, etc. and found her gone that LE is not buying their story.

Has anyone seen an account of how she was allegedly discovered missing?

saw it on 2 diff sites...here's one of them

http://www.panhandleparade.com/index.php/mbb/article/missing_child_update/mbb7719658/

here's another

http://www.newsherald.com/news/person-78739-baby-case.html?wap=0

http://www.newsherald.com/articles/person-78739-baby-case.html

Investigators said Monday they have identified a person of interest in the case of a missing 7-month Washington County baby.

About 75 volunteers and officers still were searching Monday for the missing child, Shannon Lea Dedrick, who authorities said went missing between 3 and 11 a.m. Saturday and has been the subject of an search since then.

A press conference has been scheduled for 3 p.m.

This was brought over by a mod (at my request) from another thread. THANKS!

Infant Missing From Home On Florida Panhandle

Seven-month-old Shannon Dedrick was last seen at her Chipley home on Saturday.

MISSING: Shannon Lea Dedrick
Height: 2'0"
Weight: 11 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown

Shannon D.jpg

If you have any information on the whereabouts of this child please contact the Washington County Sheriff's Office at 850-638-6111 or 911.

Nancy Grace has it on her Facebook page. I heard about this on the news last night. There's not a lot I can find online, but here is the news story from last night.

http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/68393937.html

Police are searching the woods for her....this doesn't sound good. :furious:

ETA: Here is a local newspaper that has more information:
http://fosterfollynews.com/news/2009Nov1MissingChild.php

On Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 11:23 a.m. the Washington County Sheriff&#8217;s Office received a call in reference to a missing child. Shannon Lea Dedrick, 7 month old white female, 11 lbs in weight, 24 inches in height was reported missing by her parents from their home at 793C Brown Street in Chipley. Shannon was believed to have gone missing between 3:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Deputies responded to the home and within minutes both FDLE and Bay County Sheriff&#8217;s Office were brought in to assist. A Child is Missing was alerted and initiated approximately 1300 calls to residents in the area and the area of notification has been expanded as needed.

(more at the above link...FosterFollyNews)

Attachments

• Shannon D2.jpg
    Shannon D2.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 18
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics