FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
even the online articles aren't consistent...some say baby Shannon disappeared between 3a.m. & 11, and others say between 3a.m. & 8a.m.

is this because of changing stories or just the way media reports things?

From what i can peice together this is because they went to bed at 3am, the last time they supposedly saw her, and 8 or 9 am is when they got up, but they didnt report it (or according to neighbors, go ask them if they had seen anyone because she was missing at which point the neighbors checked their house and called the police) until 11:59 but thats peiced together from varying reports and may not be accurate...

chaniilove - was Shannon born in this FL town? or in Texas?

I'm thinking we should not be believing what that other person was posting until we hear something from a reliable source. I am concerned though that the search has been suspended until the am.

Do you think there is a chance someone who knew the baby took her or that Tina gave her to someone?

It seems if Tina really said she put her in the woods (and she really did that) LE would have found Shannon by now.

Prayers to you and your family and prayers for Shannon,

Salem

I don't know Scandi. All I can think is it is cold and dark and that baby is out there somewhere, probably wet and hungry or worse :(

If the mom does know where she is, I wish she would tell or that her mother would get to FL so she can tell her mother where the baby is....

Salem

tinas mom and sisters are leaving tomorrow morning, they had to get funds together for gas...hopefully them being there gets some information out of the situation that i can hear first hand, not 5th or 20th hand...and hopefully if tina does know where the baby is, they can get it out of her...i am going to watch a movie with my son now and cuddle...cant think about this any more tonight, i have a migraine that wont quit.

Is it normal not to have a "family spokesman"? This seems like the first case that has been 2-3 days and no family in front of cameras.

But I am a very shy type and I would hope that if something like this happens ever to anyone close I could get in front of cameras. But I seriously don't think I could. I think of the speeches in school that I would sick before doing (but had to do to be a RN).....then add this kind of stress I don't think I could physically do it.

That has to be a red flag...they must know then....no need to ask or plead for her return....JMO and I think I read somewhere this isn't the childs daddy but mommy's boyfriend...will look for link

I am so sad for baby Shannon.....why does this keep happening?

I don't think so - Shannon's family is telling us that both parents are somewhat mentally challenged. They may not be going in front of the media for that reason - LE may be trying to protect them.

Chaniilove - didn't you say eariler that there were other people in the household? Do you know who - not necessarily names, but was it another couple or a caretaker, or something like that?

TIA,

Salem

3am bedtime? because of work? partying? habit?
Could alcohol or drugs be involved?
Does anyone around them have a bad temper?
Any arrests for anger problems?
at 7 months, baby would be cranky and teething possibly??

tinas mom and sisters are leaving tomorrow morning, they had to get funds together for gas...hopefully them being there gets some information out of the situation that i can hear first hand, not 5th or 20th hand...and hopefully if tina does know where the baby is, they can get it out of her...i am going to watch a movie with my son now and cuddle...cant think about this any more tonight, i have a migraine that wont quit.

Oh! I am so glad they are almost on their way and that your Aunt is taking moral support with her. I'm praying that Tina will take one look at her mother and tell her everything.

How far must they drive? How many hours?

I am sorry about your headache. This must be very hard on you and your family. Enjoy your son and your movie and I'll try not to ask anymore questions tonight.

Salem

One of the articles said that the couple had no prior contact with LE.
Sorry I don't have the link handy.

Salem

chaniilove - was Shannon born in this FL town? or in Texas?

Salem

Shannon was born up there, tinas mom was there for the birth...how do you post a picture?. I have one of her mom holding her...she was so tiny...
ok i found where to upload a picture...thought i had one of tinas mom holding her, ill look for that one...this is the only one i found for now

if you notice the bulb syringe on the bed...her head was about that small...she was very small, you can see it better in the one of her being held, her head was smaller than her grandmas hand

Attachments

• shannin.jpeg
    shannin.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 187

U know the mention of 3am by NG and all made me think that if something ever happened to me or my family they would not want to see my awake hours? In fact my whole family. And there is no drugs/partying going on in my house.

Our history is we worked midnights and even though (hubby lost his job due to elimination of his position - hate that phrase) and I am on disabilty now we still are up all night and sleep in am to get up at 11-12 and be up again. In fact there are alot of us who post at night? What is the difference between us being awake and parents who have a loved on missing?

Shannon was born up there, tinas mom was there for the birth...how do you post a picture?. I have one of her mom holding her...she was so tiny...
ok i found where to upload a picture...thought i had one of tinas mom holding her, ill look for that one...this is the only one i found for now

if you notice the bulb syringe on the bed...her head was about that small...she was very small, you can see it better in the one of her being held, her head was smaller than her grandmas hand

How sweet! Thank you! Look at her long little feet :)

What a sweetie.

I am praying hard for this baby!

Salem

a little preemie??
or just tiny in nature??

she wasnt that early...i think she was due in april, born march 11th i think...thats the date on the newborn pics i got...im so bad with dates...but her mom was 67 lbs at 5 ft, she was tiny...and apparently passed that on...if i remember correctly shannon weighed under 5 lbs but was generally healthy, she only had to stay a few days before she could leave the hospital

Chani, were you able to find out who "Tab" is?

Chani, were you able to find out who "Tab" is?

found her name and address, on topix she says that her 'aunt' who isnt actually blood related just called her aunt, is the one related to shannons dad but by adoption not by blood either...at least thats what i think she explained...it was a bit confusing

found her name and address, on topix she says that her 'aunt' who isnt actually blood related just called her aunt, is the one related to shannons dad but by adoption not by blood either...at least thats what i think she explained...it was a bit confusing
OK, that's what I found also. Have you ever seen a pic of Tab?

I'm late getting to this case, and will go back and read. Just wanted to wish baby Shannon safe and sound with all my heart.

OK, that's what I found also. Have you ever seen a pic of Tab?

Found her myspace page with a picture of a girl, assume its her, its her name and the town listed is chipley which is a pretty small town...aside from that though, no i havn't seen her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV