FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Emergency health care for non-citizens.
I think that might be an old, unclear stipulation. I have a friend from S. Africa...her parents were revolutionaries...her father ran an underground anti government newspaper, and her mother was involved in more minor ways. She fled, seeking political asylum, after her parents were both killed.
While waiting for her official paperwork and final decision on asylum, she had her temporary visa. She was in the backseat of a car that was rear-ended, she had to have the EMT's treat her on scene, and was in the hospital for several weeks. Medicaid stepped up and paid about 80% of her bills. They told her that although she was not a citizen, yet, she was also not an illegal, she is documented as taking the appropriate steps to get here, and following the rules since she was here. So they helped her. It was only for true life threatening emergencies.
O/T, sorry.

Okay, thanks for clarifying. The first thing that popped into my mind was ppl coming into this country illegally and not taking the steps to become legal.

Way off topic but thanks for that.

Completely off topic but I know a lot of American citizens that are dying because they lack the necessary medicines to prevent their illness from progressing.

Quick question: Who believes the little bit LE is telling us, and who thinks they might be trying to keep down the uninvited searchers and media by saying that nothing we have heard is true?

I haven't made up my mind yet. It seems like this should be the standard "baby dead due to parents that couldn't provide care" case. But normally, they come right out and say that, and to announce but not name the POI is just odd. Odder still is the fact that the POI and the parents are always mentioned separately, leading one to believe that they aren't the same people.
I am confused.

Well I would hope that Medicaid would kick in for Shannon. Here in Alabama we have programs for kids. The parents might not have healthcare but most kids are able to get coverage via Medicaid or something called "Allkids".

And I had a cousin that kept her baby up later because her husband worked until 10pm. They did not use daycare so she kept her up late so she could sleep later in the morning. She wasn't up until 3am but she was up until 11pm most nights and woke up around 9 or 10am. My cousin worked 7am to 2pm so she would rush home to take over so Dad could go to work. I am sure this is not common but it might be the case here.

thank you and thanks to Not_my_kids for clarifying. Like I said I am not a parent and I claim total ignorance about sleeping, routines, etc, etc. I hope my questioning her bed-time did not offend any mommies here. The extent of my knowledge about children comes from my neice whom i rarely see and SuperNanny so don't mind me!

thank you and thanks to Not_my_kids for clarifying. Like I said I am not a parent and I claim total ignorance about sleeping, routines, etc, etc. I hope my questioning her bed-time did not offend any mommies here. The extent of my knowledge about children comes from my neice whom i rarely see and SuperNanny so don't mind me!

No offense taken, like I said, with my first, I had no idea that it was okay to keep her awake so she would sleep at a better time. I thought if she was sleepy, she needed to sleep, so I let her. It was almost a year before I caught on that I could change her patterns.
Now, I am experienced mommy, with my oldest, I was winging it, and had no clue.

I lost my post...crap.

Helicopters are done, No idea what is going on.

Where is the darn stroller? if she took the baby away in the stroller does this mean she brought the empty stroller back home?

within 24 hours the buzzards way back in my yard, had completly ate the dead cat, not a bone or a piece of fur was there the next morning.

family in tex had to raise money?????? why? they should not have had to do a darn thing, once local LE called tx, I would think money would have showed up right away. Its 6 hrs, as I understand it, from their home to here (Chipley) What would you need? gas and a btl of water to get to your child?

Thanks for all the local updates. Do you happen to know if cadaver dogs are being used in the search?

Not My Kids,
You brought up a valid point about the sleeping schedule for the baby. The parents may very well have had a good reason for this.
What still bothers me, is that I can't imagine not checking on this child for 8 hours or so.
My son sleeps 8 to 10 hours straight. I co-sleep with him because he sleeps better this way, but I still wake up every couple of hours to check on him. I almost go into panic mode when I haven't heard/felt him stir for awhile. It's something I'm not sure will ever go away. Perhaps that isn't the case with other parents, especially when they have had more than one child. But the thought of not checking on my son for 8 hours simply terrifies me.

Not, Im so glad you said that. I have been thinking I just dont understand. Very quiet around here right now. Lunch? found something???? I dunno. I dont want to be a nib nose, and since most of LE was here yesterday Im sure they noticed my car. It stands out.

just found this
on newsrunner.
"Dothan Eagle - Dothan AL, 1 hour 30 minutes ago / For the past two months, Tanya Wilt and Tina Blaylock received periodic visits from a mother and her docile infant daughter who lived next door in this Washington County, Fla., town.

Not My Kids,
You brought up a valid point about the sleeping schedule for the baby. The parents may very well have had a good reason for this.
What still bothers me, is that I can't imagine not checking on this child for 8 hours or so.
My son sleeps 8 to 10 hours straight. I co-sleep with him because he sleeps better this way, but I still wake up every couple of hours to check on him. I almost go into panic mode when I haven't heard/felt him stir for awhile. It's something I'm not sure will ever go away. Perhaps that isn't the case with other parents, especially when they have had more than one child. But the thought of not checking on my son for 8 hours simply terrifies me.

That part does bother me too. I check on my boys about 4 times between their bedtime and mine. they are 2 and 3. I haven't moved the baby out of our room yet, she still has her crib in our room so I can check on her often. (I have panic attacks over SIDS.) My oldest daughter (who, per her own decision) doesn't live in my house full time, gets a phone call in the morning, a phone call after school, and a phone call at bedtime every night, if it isn't a night where she's at home. If she is, I check on her the same as the boys.
I can't imagine not checking for 8 hours, but on the other hand, maybe one of the parents was afraid to wake the baby, but told the other parent they checked on her anyway?
Or the obvious answer, they knew there was nothing to check.

Not My Kids,

It never goes away my sons are 13yrs, 12yrs, 10yrs, and tomorrow the youngest will be 7 months old and i still go though the house after the older ones have all gone to bed and crack open their doors just a bit and listen to make sure they are okay. The little guy sleeps in our room and when he manages to sleep through the night i still don't because my "mommy brain" alerts me to every little stretch, and sigh from him

Keeping on praying for baby Shannon and for all those who love her.

Not, Im so glad you said that. I have been thinking I just dont understand. Very quiet around here right now. Lunch? found something???? I dunno. I dont want to be a nib nose, and since most of LE was here yesterday Im sure they noticed my car. It stands out.

Orb..Is that your Pink Caddy I see from Google Earth.;) j/k.. lol

It never goes away my sons are 13yrs, 12yrs, 10yrs, and tomorrow the youngest will be 7 months old and i still go though the house after the older ones have all gone to bed and crack open their doors just a bit and listen to make sure they are okay. The little guy sleeps in our room and when he manages to sleep through the night i still don't because my "mommy brain" alerts me to every little stretch, and sigh from him

Totally OT: My youngest turns 7 months old tomorrow. Congrats.

That part does bother me too. I check on my boys about 4 times between their bedtime and mine. they are 2 and 3. I haven't moved the baby out of our room yet, she still has her crib in our room so I can check on her often. (I have panic attacks over SIDS.) My oldest daughter (who, per her own decision) doesn't live in my house full time, gets a phone call in the morning, a phone call after school, and a phone call at bedtime every night, if it isn't a night where she's at home. If she is, I check on her the same as the boys.
I can't imagine not checking for 8 hours, but on the other hand, maybe one of the parents was afraid to wake the baby, but told the other parent they checked on her anyway?
Or the obvious answer, they knew there was nothing to check.

O/T but I freak out about SIDS also. I only recently began co-sleeping because of this. I waited until I felt comfortable that my son can roll front to back, back to front, etc. (I lost a baby cousin at 24 days old due to either SIDS or accidental suffocation from co-sleeping). It still freaks me out though. There are studies that show that having the baby in your room, or co-sleeping reduces the risk of SIDS as the baby will regulate it's breathing and heartbeat patterns to the mom's.

Back to topic. I also can't get it through my head that these parents would not hear if someone came into the room and took the baby. Of course, I'm an EXTREMELY light sleeper and I know that is not the case with everyone.

Lol, thanks for posting that. I thought it was odd that I still check on my children several times a night. My oldest is 11 but inevitably one or all have kicked their blankets off sometime during the night.

Still holding out hope someone took little Shannon thinking they were doing the right thing. The right thing now is to bring her home and all problems in her life can start being repaired. IMO

http://www.panhandleparade.com/inde...ors_react_to_childs_disappearance/mbb7719670/

I'm sure this has been posted, it says the first alarm raised was by the mother, she went to a neighbors house and asked if they had heard anyone pull into the drive, neighbor said no and asked why and she said that her baby was gone...

Does this ring true with anyone else, or ????
My honest thoughts here? It sounds more like someone trying to cover their tracks. As in "Oh, _____ came by at __________time asking if I had seen anyone pull into the driveway because the baby was missing". How could the parents hope that a neighbor POSSIBLY saw someone after 3 AM in the morning, when IF the baby was abducted, it was from RIGHT UNDER THEIR NOSES, and they didn't wake up?

I don't mean to imply that I would not check with my neighbors to see if they had seen/heard anything. It just hits me as odd that they would not wake up to someone entering their bedroom and taking the baby, but think that the neighbors would have seen something. If I woke up and my baby was missing, the cops would be called right away WHILE I was searching the house (the baby can't walk and probably can't even get out of a crib on her own). THEN I would start questioning my neighbors.

I hope this makes sense, I was trying to figure out how to say what I was thinking.

lol Jam. no, but it would be fun.

Dark green/tan helicopter up and running the same grid I think.

Maybe Im over reacting!!! the turn almost directly over my house. Maybe and I really hope not....they are searching from the house I pointed out and back to the families house.

edit: if they are searching that way, wouldnt there be LE all over that house near me????

lol Jam. no, but it would be fun.

Dark green/tan helicopter up and running the same grid I think.

Maybe Im over reacting!!! the turn almost directly over my house. Maybe and I really hope not....they are searching from the house I pointed out and back to the families house.

edit: if they are searching that way, wouldnt there be LE all over that house near me????

Would they be doing that if they didn't have a good reason? I mean fuel for that chopper has to be expensive....

blue and white helicopter up and running a grid. I think they have extended the search, the blue and white one is going further in direction than they did the first time.

Good point mspo. I went outside and took my reflextive items out of the yard. They are so close overhead, I didnt want them to be glancing this way and miss something. orrrrr I should have left them there, now they cant find them. oh lordy. I want to go pull that moms hair out of her head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1