GUILTY FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope poor Shannon was kept in that box and the babysitter just put her in there to hide her when the police came. Was this all a ploy for money? Crazy. Very reminiscent of the case in England with the older girl who went missing and she was found in a family friends home hiding in a bed or closet. Her parents knew where she was the whole time.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33648247/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

Sheriff Bobby Haddock said durring the PC video that she had been placed in the box at appr. 8:30am, and was found at appr. 9:55pm so she was in the box for more than 12 hours. He said all she had was a soiled diaper.

How did they keep a hungry, couped up baby quiet for upwards of 12 hours? I have a five month old and by golly if he is not fed at least every 4-6 hours everyone in the apartment building knows he is hungry.

I think DCF will really watch over baby Shannon now and ensure she's placed with a truely responsible and loving family. I can't wait to see a pic of Shannon with a smile on her beautiful face.

They're lucky they get a second chance!

My own half baked suppositions:

Perhaps, when Susan Baker married James and James wanted custody of his two children, Susan was not so thrilled. Suddenly, the married man I am having an affair with is mine, wife is finally out of the picture, I will have him to myself and we will start our own little family. Then James ruined that by pursuing custody of his kids. Now Susan is sadled with two kids she resents. So she is physically abusive with them. Maybe things got carried away with Paul and then she's a murderer. Who knows if James was involved either before or after the fact but the body must be dealt with.

Flash forward 20 years. Susan was never blessed with children of her own (karma?) and she befriends Shannon's parents and begins babysitting. She may have developed an unhealthy attachment to her. Giving her all the love (scary I know) and attention she imagined she would have given her own child.

She sees these young parents struggling, not parenting the way she believes they should. She begins trying to get the baby removed from their care. That is unsuccessful. Tina confides how hard it is, how much she wishes things were different. Susan tells her things could be different. They cook up this crazy abduction hoax to explain baby's absence when Susan in fact has the child all along.

Then WS gets involved and digs up the old baby Paul connection and forwards info to LE. They suddenly see her as a person of interest and the focus of the investigation swings to her. Uh oh. Now what? So Susan begins scrambling to figure a way out and starts finger pointing at mom.

Thankfully, baby Shannon is found and ALIVE and well. I wish this child stability, love, and happiness. What a rocky beginning for such a sweet little angel. Welcome back Shannon :) Best wishes from all of us baby girl.

Thank you, MommaD, for the link to the pics - just precious! My first thought this morning (don't know why) after 5 hrs sleep - is "can you just imagine the police officer who located the box under the bed". How elated and just shocked he must have been to find such an alive precious little girl. She is just a beauty!

Can't wait to hear ol' Nancy Grace tonight :)

Mel

OMG. I cannot believe my eyes....Found Alive...This is a miracle.....

wow just wow, so either Mom was invlolved or Susan will try to convince everyone that mom knew the plan.. But then Susan will have to think up a plan which will benefit the mom in the end?
If mom did know the plan, maybe thats why she checked with the neighbor to make sure no one saw Susan's van come by and pick up Shannon. Or if mom didn't know, maybe Susan was sneaky enough to come get the baby without mom knowing. She was sneaky enough for Paul to disapear.

My own half baked suppositions:

Perhaps, when Susan Baker married James and James wanted custody of his two children, Susan was not so thrilled. Suddenly, the married man I am having an affair with is mine, wife is finally out of the picture, I will have him to myself and we will start our own little family. Then James ruined that by pursuing custody of his kids. Now Susan is sadled with two kids she resents. So she is physically abusive with them. Maybe things got carried away with Paul and then she's a murderer. Who knows if James was involved either before or after the fact but the body must be dealt with.

Flash forward 20 years. Susan was never blessed with children of her own (karma?) and she befriends Shannon's parents and begins babysitting. She may have developed an unhealthy attachment to her. Giving her all the love (scary I know) and attention she imagined she would have given her own child.

She sees these young parents struggling, not parenting the way she believes they should. She begins trying to get the baby removed from their care. That is unsuccessful. Tina confides how hard it is, how much she wishes things were different. Susan tells her things could be different. They cook up this crazy abduction hoax to explain baby's absence when Susan in fact has the child all along.

Then WS gets involved and digs up the old baby Paul connection and forwards info to LE. They suddenly see her as a person of interest and the focus of the investigation swings to her. Uh oh. Now what? So Susan begins scrambling to figure a way out and starts finger pointing at mom.

Thankfully, baby Shannon is found and ALIVE and well. I wish this child stability, love, and happiness. What a rocky beginning for such a sweet little angel. Welcome back Shannon :) Best wishes from all of us baby girl.

Great post, and I do think your spot on. It's just incredible that SB would think that at the end of the day, LE, or CPS, would give the baby to her. She "blew" it (in her own sense of the word), by putting so much attention on herself with e-mails and what not. In this case I couldn't be happier to see such a stoopid person! :)

Morning all....

Mel

Haddock confirmed that Baker was the Susan Elizabeth Baker cited in court records from Beaufort in 1987. He also confirmed Baker wrote an e-mail to Florida Gov. Charlie Crist’s office in August, pleading for the governor to help Shannon Dedrick.

“And my response is, ’We saved the child, Ms. Baker,” Haddock said.

Nominate this the quote of the day.

http://www.islandpacket.com/breaking_news/story/1024381.html

*rubs eyes*

Good Morning WSers!

I only slept a little more than 2 hours woke to go to the bathroom, had to check if the video was up yet.
Yep, it was.
I've watched it 3 times already and I've cried each and every time!

Notice LE's 'plan' had to go into fast forward sooner than they had planned because the 'media' was aware of what was going on regarding the babysitter and her past .....the media became aware because of our own fantastic WSers who worked tirelessly putting the pieces of the puzzle together to give that info to the media!

The Caring, The Compassion, The Determination.......THAT'S what WS is all about!

Best news of the day!!!! A miracle!
Now what was SB doing with a baby hidden under her bed in a box!!!!!!!
Explain that one, SB

OMG...Im shaking so...They found her under the babysitters bed?? I just signed on..Just finding out...As you guys said...Wonder where Paul is...I wonder if he is alive.

I am SO SO SO glad I was wrong. It just seems so impossible, after the recent string of cases where a child went missing, there was no particular evidence of any convicted abuser/molestor having contact with the child, and they all turned up dead. And then here we have a totally helpless 7 month old, we quickly learn that her regular babysitter/maybe relative has a conviction for "assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature" on a young child and is a formal suspect in the unsolved disappearance/ presumed murder of another young child, and then the baby turns up under the perp's bed alive and totally unharmed!

In the photos Shannon just looks like a perfect little angel, who has no idea that anything at all is amiss. I hope this will be the beginning of a better life for her, with her MATERNAL grandparents/relatives.

I hope it turns out Tina was just manipulated into some involvement with this -- it seems likely. They may be talking about charging her because they need some leverage to take legal custody of Shannon away from her (even if the new arrangement is one where Tina lives with Shannon and other, more competent relatives). If they charge Tina with neglect or with obstruction of justice for lying to or withholding information from police during the search, they can give her the option to have the charges dropped in exchange for agreeing to give legal custody to another relative, and speed things along so that little Shannon can get quickly settled into a new, permanent, and SAFE home.

As for SB, I'm sure I'd get banned from WS if I said what I REALLY want to happen to her. But I will note that as a taxpayer, I DO NOT WANT TO BE PAYING THIS WOMAN'S ROOM AND BOARD AND MEDICAL BILLS FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE!

Bless those proud PAPA's of LE!!!
Great job!
Angels on earth!!!!
and when I saw a big guy cry, I melted also.

i CRIED along with everyone here this morning reading the news of baby Shannon...Found.....ALIVE. I don't post very often, I lurk alot....I have been following this case from the start, especially here at WS. I hope I don't get banned for bashing,,,but,,,I want to know this..If as the sherrif said S Baker was in his cross hairs all along, when was he going to move on searching her house....EAST COAST ,YOU ROCK.....I will never believe that if EAST COAST had not realised who SB was and CLEO called it in, when she did, that we would be where we are today......It was not until EC, REMEMBERING MISSING CHILD PAUL BAKER, AND CLEO called in the hunch, that the LE was on her like white on rice....Little Shannon could have been found the day after she went missing if they had SB on their radar........which, trully they should have, with her history involving little Paul missing and his sister being abused by SB's hand......East Coast deserves the reward in my book....What great sleuthing...I am just thrilled, she was found alive.......I was waiting for the sheriff to say "Thanks go out to a great sleuther from Websleuth.com",,,I just want everyone to know how grateful I am, for you all ,,,and I know little Shannon would say the same if she could......Now I am waiting for Tab to be brought in for her interference in this investigation....Seems to me if she was posting on her blog,twitter whatever at the same time little Shannon went missing,,,maybe she had a hand in it too...Lord knows she tried her best to turn everyone against the mom...Time will tell,,,,,,,again and again EAST COAST and CLEO YOU ROCK:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

If Balloon Boy's parents could not get away with such a hoax, why would these three believe they could?

Because little Shannon can't talk and the adults refused to go on TV to avoid body-language clues and conflicting stories. They probably collapsed in giggles while watching early media coverage of the case, thinking of how clever they believed they were!

It is interesting to observe unintelligent people who think that they are so tricky that they can fool people. Imagine being so confident in your own intellectual abilities whilst committing such a sloppy crime. As if no one would suspect the sitter who got a slap on the wrist for the previous dissappearance!

Susan

Wow, what a great thing to read this morning. I am so happy Shannon was found alive! The pictures of her bring tears to my eyes, she looks great, and everyone around her looks so relieved. What a bizarre trial this one is going be though.

Now what was SB doing with a baby hidden under her bed in a box!!!!!!!

I can't figure it out either. With her criminal record and close involvement with Shannon, how could she possibly have imagined that she wouldn't be closely scrutinized, and that she could stash Shannon under the bed and not have her found there? I mean, it's not like this is the first time she's been through the process of having police searching for a child they think she harmed or killed. Surely she knows the "routine".

I think that in addition to being unspeakably evil, SB is stark, raving crazy.

O.T. *a sad find*

Not to be a downer on this wonderful morning, but I just got an AOL Alert with this info/link.
It keeps happening over and over and over again and although I am walking on air to know Shannon is safe, my mind just isn't able to wrap itself around so many of these tragedies happening, one right after the other.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fetus Reportedly Found At Water Plant Property

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A city worker contacted police after finding what they described as a fetus at a water plant on LB McLeod Road, officials with the Orlando Police Department told Eyewitness News Thursday morning.
http://www.wftv.com/news/21529795/d...lc_break&ts=T&tmi=orlc_break_1_09010111052009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz