GUILTY FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hallelujah!!!! This is wonderful news. Great job sleuthers.

WOW!! I am SO Happy this morning, I can't even imagine how happy her mom/dad and family are!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!! :) :)

Yah, if mom wasn't in custody too, I'd be able to believe that one.
Family, yes, they are happy. Her mother, well, I'll withhold judgement until she's charged.

Fantastic news! I was hoping and praying she'd be found alive!

Never mind...I thought Paul was older. I think the link was refering to him. Hope this helps to bring him home as well!

Yah, if mom wasn't in custody too, I'd be able to believe that one.
Family, yes, they are happy. Her mother, well, I'll withhold judgement until she's charged.

I must have missed something about mom?? Please lmk? Ugh, why do I sleep.

I am SO Thrilled to have a happy ending for Shannon.

I am so very happy that this precious baby was found alive and well!!! God is good!!
I hope she will be placed with her maternal grandmother or at least someone who will take care of her and see that she grows up healthy and happy. Thank God she will not have any memories of these last few days.
Awesome job, Sheriff! That picture of him holding her and everyone around him beaming is just priceless. And it makes their jobs worthwhile. Welcome home, baby Shannon!

Yay!!!!!!!! :woohoo: So happy to see "Found Alive" next in the title of this thread. Shannon is so cute. I hope she goes to live with some loving relatives. This case is just bizarre, and I think it will only get stranger. But for now, YAY!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: EastCoast totally sleuthed this. WSers totally rock! :rocker:

A Florida baby who has been missing for five days was found alive under her baby sitter's bed, The AP reported.

Seven-month-old Shannon Dedrick was reported missing by her parents on Saturday morning, prompting dozens of law enforcement agents and volunteers to scour the woods near the family's home.

When investigators were granted access to search the sitter's house, they discovered the infant tucked in a box under a bed. Shannon was taken to a local hospital but she appeared healthy, police said.

Authorities plan to charge the sitter Elizabeth Baker, her husband James Arthur Baker and the child's mother, Chrystina Lynn Mercer; however, police would not say what charges would be issued or why they believe the baby's mother was involved.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20091...0NTFiYmY2YjY0Y2Q0MWRlYjBiYWRlNDYEUl9sdHADMQ--

I must have missed something about mom?? Please lmk? Ugh, why do I sleep.

I am SO Thrilled to have a happy ending for Shannon.

The Bakers, along with the baby’s mother, Crystina Lynn Mercer, were being detained — although not yet charged — in connection with the baby’s disappearance, authorities said at a 1 a.m. press conference. All are being questioned, investigators said.
http://www.newsherald.com/articles/shannon-78823-alive-video.html

My tears were flowing as I watched that video....You can tell all those people have fallen in love with that precious baby girl...Thank God she was found alive..

I sure hope poor Shannon was not kept in that box and the babysitter just put her in there to hide her when the police came. Was this all a ploy for money? Crazy. Very reminiscent of the case in England with the older girl who went missing and she was found in a family friends home hiding in a bed or closet. Her parents knew where she was the whole time.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33648247/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

With such an advancement in technology, I hope Paul's case will be revisited.

I'm so upset that I went to bed right before the presser was announced last night!
I woke this morning and started reading where I left off last night as I was talking to my Mom and telling her about it. She said "they found her last night" and my heart sunk. Then she said "she's okay!" I was so happy I almost started bawling right then! I had to let her go so I could read how this all played out and then I saw the presser on HLN and really started bawling. Sitting on the floor, hugging my 8 month old watching the presser and telling her that baby Shannon was found! I'm so happy, today is going to be a wonderful day!!!!

Thank you to everyone who played a part in finding baby Shannon. Especially.....

Thank you to EastCoast and Cleo!!!!!!

If Balloon Boy's parents could not get away with such a hoax, why would these three believe they could?

http://www.newsherald.com/news/shannon-78823-alive-video.html

CHIPLEY — The bizarre four-day search for a missing 7-month-old girl ended early Wednesday as investigators announced they had “good news,” before the sheriff opened a door to reveal baby Shannon Dedrick, alive and well.

“I’ll never forget that time as long as I live,” Washington County Sheriff Bobby Haddock said as he introduced the 7-month-old child to the media at the 1 a.m. press conference.

The baby was brought from Northwest Florida Community Hospital, where she had been evaluated after being found at 9:55 p.m. Wednesday in a box under the bed at the 3395 Orange Hill Road home of Susan Baker, the baby’s sitter, and Baker’s husband, James.

http://www.newsherald.com/news/shannon-78823-alive-video.html

What a wonderful way to start the day!! I am so thankful!

Chipley is about 50 miles away from my home but I had to come here to discover this wonderful news. WSers, you are a wonderful group!!!

The Bakers, along with the baby’s mother, Crystina Lynn Mercer, were being detained — although not yet charged — in connection with the baby’s disappearance, authorities said at a 1 a.m. press conference. All are being questioned, investigators said.
http://www.newsherald.com/articles/shannon-78823-alive-video.html

Morning NMK: Going to be one whopper of a story come out of this one isn't there? I am so very thankful our prayers were answered and Shannon is safe - what a blessed miracle this is.

Good Morning. I got on shortly after Tricia started this thread this morning. What wonderful news. Here is a link to our local paper that has a good write up on the story
Well, I was trying to put up a link but I guess I don't know how to do that. But it is BeaufortGazette.com.

Good Morning. I got on shortly after Tricia started this thread this morning. What wonderful news. Here is a link to our local paper that has a good write up on the story
Well, I was trying to put up a link but I guess I don't know how to do that. But it is BeaufortGazette.com.

EastCoast - YOU ROCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members