GUILTY FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
USArmy-- A moment of silence is planned for 1:34 PM CT - please join us in remembering those who lost their lives

USArmy-- A moment of silence is planned for 1:34 PM CT - please join us in remembering those who lost their lives

I will be participating in this. But wanted to ask. Is this in general, or specifically concerning yesterday's Ft. Hood tragedy? Thanks.

I DON'T think that Shannon should be returned to her mother's care. But I would like to see the whole story come out and whether or not she was manipulated. My opinion is that reguardless of WHY, this mother did things that were NOT in the best interest of her child, she knowingly filed a false police report, and she put her child in jeopardy, as well as taking up valuable police and search resources/time/money that could have been used in other cases that greatly need them. Even if, best case scenario, she WAS manipulated, she has no business being this child's care taker any longer. But I think it's important to know all of the details leading up to this child being taken. If for no other reason, to hopefully find a way to stop something like this from happening in the future.

I haven't seen anyone suggest that Shannon should be given back to Tina with sole custody. Obviously that would just be ridiculous.

The charges are something separate. By the time LE is done their investigation they will have a full assessment on Tina and will be ale to decide if she should, and to what extent, be held accountable.

I keep seeing TM being referred to as being bi-polar. The only place I have seen that claim was in SB's email to the gov. SB certainly isn't qualified to make that determination. Was there an official diagnosis somewhere along the line? There have been so many details though I may have missed more about the bi-polar disorder.

I keep seeing TM being referred to as being bi-polar. The only place I have seen that claim was in SB's email to the gov. SB certainly isn't qualified to make that determination. Was there an official diagnosis somewhere along the line? There have been so many details though I may have missed more about the bi-polar disorder.

I don't recall seeing/reading any confirmation on that either.

On another site family mentioned TM was Bipolar as well as mentally challenged. Sorry I don't remember which site as my goodness I had so many windows open during this whole time lol I got lost myself!

I can't speak for anyone else, but raising a child who is developmentally delayed I know that his cognitive ability can appear to vary depending on the situation/subject. I also know that he can be easily manipulated (which scares the hell out of me). Because he walks fine (but hemiparetic) and speaks clearly, people automatically assume he should comprehend like a 15 year and it's just not possible for him.

I understand the differences in actual ability and perceived ability, I have an autistic son. 3 years old, cognitively about 2.5, size of a 5-6 year old.
I'm not basing my opinion on the fact that she can speak, I am basing it on the words she spoke, which to me show comprehension.
I'm not arguing, and I understand that these things can be deceiving. Even the statements that she functions at the level of a teen can be deceiving, because she could function very low in some areas, but still have an overall functionality at a teenage level.
But the sheer length of time that it went on is what makes me believe that she knew exactly what was going on. She was questioned, I'm sure she was told her child could die, and through it all, she kept the lie going. I see her as someone that has used her disability as a get out of jail free card many times and thought it would work this time.

On another site family mentioned TM was Bipolar as well as mentally challenged. Sorry I don't remember which site as my goodness I had so many windows open during this whole time lol I got lost myself!

I feel your pain! I had so many windows open I kept locking my computer up.

correct me if I am wrong... wasn't the bipolar mentioned in the DCF report?

also, has everyone heard the interview with Beaufort LE on the SB case? sorry if it was posted already... he calls her a "wicked woman"! Very interesting... I am not all the way thru listening to it.

http://www.newsherald.com/video/?videoId=48687428001&lineupId=&play=now

The only mention of bipolar I noticed in the report was a quote from the allegations, from the call made to DCF.

Little snippet from the report:

"The allegations are as follows:

"Mom is emotionally handicapped, suffers from ADHD, and is bipolar. All the adults in the home are smoking marijuana and cigarettes around Shannon.......""

Read the CPS report. I'm not sure if the word bipolar is redacted or not, but the whole report (including redacted info) is visible when you print it out.
I'm basing the bipolar statement on that.

ETA: Although apparently not visible to everyone, it is to me, but apparently doesn't come through for everyone.

October? Shannons mother is tiny? tongue in cheek? or have I lost my mind already again today.

Read the CPS report. I'm not sure if the word bipolar is redacted or not, but the whole report (including redacted info) is visible when you print it out.
I'm basing the bipolar statement on that.

Well now, isn't that a handy little bit of info. Thanks.

ETA: not seeing it here.

I've got it on the one I printed. Although I will take back that it's fully visible. I can't catch all of it. The doctor's name I can't catch, and the full paragraph near the end that's blacked out, I can't see any of.

But for the sake of a balanced argument, let's say she isn't bipolar, at least not that we have proof of. Then she's just someone with no documented disabilities.

I don't know. I don't want to see anyone completely lose their child. But, on the other hand, I don't want to see a child hurt because everyone was too sensitive to the parent. And I don't think that she should be completely cut off from her mother. I just feel it would be best if decisions on Shannon's behalf were made by someone other than Tina.

I'll go back and edit the post that states she is bipolar if the report isn't printing the same for everyone. Those that quoted me, I hope will follow suit.

Were any searchers requested by Chipley LE? If LE was on to SB, that might be the reason Equisearch was not called. LE already knew and didnt want to tie them up when they were pretty sure they knew where Shannon was, but on the other hand, could not say no, you can not search. Then the fine points of the law step in and tieing the hands of LE. One wrong move, and SB walks again.

TB had already talked to gm, and was in a safe place, still did not tell about SB. Even after Shannon was found, Im pretty sure TB had a chance to at least see Shannon and know her and her baby were in one of the most safe places in the world....but still she did not tell the truth. She had hours and hours on hours to think, and professional people as well as her family there, still did not tell the truth. Then last but not least, she had a chance to tell the Judge. At any given point she could have said where her baby was. Instead she knew people from all over where looking for her baby, she had to know what kind of area people were walking in. (I would not walk back in those areas if a rapid dog was chasing me)

Who said there were tiny holes in the box? I understood there were none.

mentally 13 or 14. remember when you were +13 or 14? Get in trouble, but 99.9% of us eventually told the truth. Not Tina!!! From what I hear around town she was not a homebody, making cookies. She was frequently out and running around with her friend (that I still dont know who it is)

Just like a serial killer she needs to be off the streets and never let out to harm anyone. What if she is pregant again?

Did anyone notice gms and daughters nicely done fingernails?????? is that something you do when you know your granddaughter is missing and your child is mentally challanged and needs you?

All of this is JMO, but I also think we can trace SB way back and up to now, and see who else is missing. I really dont think this is just her seconded time at this.

I'm not following who TB is (TM?). Is it possible for us to use FirstnameInitial to follow better? These folks aren't innocent bystanders, they've been named by the LE (like JB, RD, etc) and in the case of SB and TM even arrested. Just wondering!

Orb, I agree with some of what you said, but the only one I am going to address is the fingernails.
I can't tell if they were professionally done or a good home job, but if they were done at home, that wouldn't bother me.
I did my nails in the car on the way to AZ to pick up my stepdad's belongings from the apartment he left behind when he died. Why? I have no idea. Odd stress reaction? For some ungodly reason, I started curling my hair while on the phone with the doctor that was telling my that my son's lungs were too weak to function without a nebulizer treatment every few hours.
Some people, if it's a normal part of their routine, would do their nails, makeup, curl their hair etc., it might help alleviate the stress if it seems like something a little closer to normal.

Did anyone notice gms and daughters nicely done fingernails?????? is that something you do when you know your granddaughter is missing and your child is mentally challanged and needs you?

All of this is JMO, but I also think we can trace SB way back and up to now, and see who else is missing. I really dont think this is just her seconded time at this.

orb4me I noticed the same thing about the grandma's nails being freshly-manicured, like she was "ready for prime-time" (IMHO). It indeed caught my eye.

Also yes they need to look into SB's background and movements over the last 22 or so years, see if she's been involved in anything else like this. If she's pathological (again, IMHO) then it didn't stop with Paul and just start again with Shannon.

We keep hearing that she functions at a teen level, but we also keep hearing that that is becuase her body and mind stopped growing at 14.
I saw the pictures from the first time SB and mother walked into court...that's an old 14.
Just saying.

So all I know is that she is disabled in some way, as DCF made her a referral to APD. But I don't know with any certainty if it's a physical or emotional or mental disability.
I just want answers. I want to know if there is a case here of 2 evil people being unlucky enough to find each other, or if there is a case of one evil person that found a(nother) victim.
And I think a good deal of that will be answered, when the answer is known to the question of where Shannon was for the part of her time missing that she wasn't in the box.

October? Shannons mother is tiny? tongue in cheek? or have I lost my mind already again today.

I thought she looked tiny in her mug shot, (head) in comparison to SB. Now that I have seen other pics, I don't see her as tiny. Your mind is fine! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight
Back