FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand, the trash trucks do the pick up at the homes, the drive to Rosemary Hill in Green Cove springs where those trucks are then loaded onto a larger truck for transport to Georgia....

Found an article about the movement of the trash......

snipped

Justino said the large trash truck that took the garbage from the Rosemary Hill landfill in Green Cove Springs to the Chesser Island Road Landfill in Folkston has been known to investigators since Wednesday. By locating items in that trash that may contain addresses and other information, investigators are hoping to backtrack what smaller truck drove the trash from Orange Park to Green Cove Springs. They could then likely trace the truck's route, Justino said.

http://jacksonville.com/community/m...g_investigaton_narrowing_down_origin_of_trash

From three separate articles…..

"She never met a stranger. She was very friendly," said Robert O'Cain, a neighbor. "She was always looking for other kids to play with."

Somer "was always happy unless she couldn't find anyone to play with," neighbor Robert Ocain said. "She trusted anybody. Honestly, I think all the kids around here do."

Neighbor Robert O'Cain hasn't left the area much since Monday, when Somer didn't come home from school.
"The family lives just right here and the family needs support," he says. "A lot of people are coming through here, asking questions, so we just decided to go ahead and set up shop."
"Shop" is a command post across the street from Somer's house in the Grove Park neighborhood. Neighbors set up and are manning the command post, which is filled with pictures of Somer and flyers.
It is also there that neighbors are collecting money to keep printing the flyers.
O'Cain says people from across the county have been showing up, even if it's just to leave a memento, like Darrah DiPaul and Lorrie Brennan who were heading to Fleming Island and left flowers.
Both women are mothers themselves, and believe the flowers represent hope and support.
"I think it's good for them 'cause they feel like they're doing something," says O'Cain, adding, "it's been a big help, and it was beautiful last night at the candle light vigil

OK - I’ve seen somewhere in all my reading - back when people were thinking this guy was the RSO we’d seen in a mugshot - that this guy sat across from the home all day collecting donations.

Is he the same guy I saw in one of the vids about the funeral - the guy that was putting tags on the stuffed animals? The guy in the vid had a pony tail I think - but we only got a straight on shot of this guy in that photo of him standing front and center right next to the reporter. He could have a mullet type hairstyle that looks short form the front? I think it’s him in the vid.

Certainly seems to be inserting himself a bit by running this "command center"

I think he is 57, lives down the street on the opposite side. No children that I can tell. I think he may live with elderly mom, dad deceased. Or mom may no longer live there - just him?

I don’t know any of that for sure though.

Sorry for the long post.

no, not before....but there is also a crossing guard at Debarry....there are a total of 3 between the school and Debarry....first one being at the school, next one at Grove Park that she never made it to, third one at Debarry
Thank you.Did the dogs smell her scent at the grove park crossing guard?What is all near debarry intersection?

Thanks, I didn't think about that..well I've never used or been to a landfill myself
I just don't get it, I think that she was directly put at the landfill..so if not at the GA landfill then at the Rosemary Hill landfill and then transfered to the GA landfill?
We don't have a description of a vehicle? Anyone notice any strange vehicles around the school? Maybe the perp was stalking kids from the vehicle by the school? Does the perp not work because this happened early afternoon? Does Sean not work that he can stay at D's house to wait for the kids?

This is all I can remember seeing regarding anything about a vehicle....

snipped

Justino also said she has heard and inquired about reports of neighbors being asked by investigators about a white van connected to the disappearance, but she declined to comment further on that information.

"We have no interest in corrupting this investigation by releasing information that may become evidence," she said.

http://jacksonville.com/community/m...g_investigaton_narrowing_down_origin_of_trash

I was told by someone who asked a local relative that they are standard 30 or 40 pound trash cans and a human gets off the truck and throws trash in.

I'd asked because Somer surpasses the weight limit (65 pounds) for those cans and thought a human who had experience lifting cans would know by "feel" that a trash can was over the limit.

ETA: The commercial pickup would have trucks like that ... IMO anyway.

I really hate to say this but could this monster have taken her little body apart?
and do we know if she was ever enclosed in a bag?
LE said he saw 2 little legs sticking out of the landfill, didn't he??

Diena may not take polygraph because she is on medication ... at least I think I remember reading that she was on medication ... and medication could skew the results.

I think (but until I'm in these shoes I really don't know) that if I were innocent, I'd take a polygraph.

And although they are not proof of guilt or innocence, I'd still like to know who was asked to take one (if anyone) and whether they agreed or refused and whether they were deceptive or not.

That's horrible! How could they find him not guilty!????!!!
Depends so much on the prosecution, a la' Gil Garcetti, Marcia Clark and Chris Darden.
I totally agree-it's horrible! But obviously there was reasonable doubt. Sick, sick, sick.

Cam--- do you still have the photos of the Motorhome across from Gano house and the photo of the lawn care sign or house... ??

The motorhome reminds me of D.Westerfield and the Van/s remind me of Meredith that went hiking with her dog.

ETA: motorhome-- perfect opportunity
lawn care-- perfect opportunity to use a landfill with this line of work
motorhome-- now up for sale

ALL fit and then the sudden change with a vehicle for sale.

no, not before....but there is also a crossing guard at Debarry....there are a total of 3 between the school and Debarry....first one being at the school, next one at Grove Park that she never made it to, third one at Debarry

I heard on the news that the first and second crossing guard said they weren't sure if they saw Somer but the third crossing guard was positive he didn't.

I really hate to say this but could this monster have taken her little body apart?
and do we know if she was ever enclosed in a bag?
LE said he saw 2 little legs sticking out of the landfill, didn't he??

Yes and what type of business would have these type of tools or equipment to this?? Lawncare..... !!

Cam--- do you still have the photos of the Motorhome across from Gano house and the photo of the lawn care sign or house... ??

The motorhome reminds me of D.Westerfield and the Van/s remind me of Meredith that went hiking with her dog.

Re: Meredith...Gary Michael Hilton (incarcerated) Serial/spree killer.

mommaya......snipped from your post
Neighbor Robert O'Cain
he could be a twin to WLKuhn to me...........and WLK is suppose to have grey ponytail right now.......are these 2 buddies???

anyone have a sympathy (legend) on Debbie Riley? WLK girlfriend that died Oct 12th?
I would like to sleuth friends of WLK that may have something to do with Somer's family or other neighbors, connecting kids?

yes, it is back a page or two....I did send it to LE....not sure how long the motor home has been up for sale tho...

Diena may not take polygraph because she is on medication ... at least I think I remember reading that she was on medication ... and medication could skew the results.

I think (but until I'm in these shoes I really don't know) that if I were innocent, I'd take a polygraph.

And although they are not proof of guilt or innocence, I'd still like to know who was asked to take one (if anyone) and whether they agreed or refused and whether they were deceptive or not.

I would like to know of anyone that refused to take one, but it doesn't much matter to me. I have no faith in polygraphs, they are fast becoming obsolete as a tool and there is a reason they are not allowed in court.
Now someone that refused to give DNA, that would be worth a look IMO.

Re: Meredith...Gary Michael Hilton (incarcerated) Serial/spree killer.
Yea... I know... I just posted the van/s remind me of her murder and how van/s seem to pop us. IIRC there was one SO that we were sleuthing the other night that kept buying vans.

mommaya......snipped from your post
Neighbor Robert O'Cain
he could be a twin to WLKuhn to me...........and WLK is suppose to have grey ponytail right now.......are these 2 buddies???

anyone have a sympathy (legend) on Debbie Riley? WLK girlfriend that died Oct 12th?
I would like to sleuth friends of WLK that may have something to do with Somer's family or other neighbors, connecting kids?

And maybe someone knows both of these guys - just enough so that when given a description or catching a glimpse of O'Cain - they confused him for WLK - and that's how his info ended up on the police report?

yes, it is back a page or two....I did send it to LE....not sure how long the motor home has been up for sale tho...

Does you photo show a for sale sign?
How did we find out the motorhome is for sale anyway..? I'm trying so hard to find that post/s.

This article is from yesterday, but it looks as the forensics are not all back yet.

"The investigation into Somer Thompson murder is getting high priority in labs at the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

FDLE's Dominick Pape says they are moving the evidence up the line as much as possible but their evidence labs are very busy.

"We work those cases as best as we can, prioritize them of course, and then get the results back as fast as possible but we do have back logs," Pape explained.

http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/10/somer-thompson-evidence-taking.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member