FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't read the Astros. I don't understand the lingo and I don't have time to learn their ways of research, but I respect their work immensely. If the Astros see Kuhn as their #1 suspect, I completely agree with them. I see Kuhn as a time-bomb, if he hasn't already gone off, he soon will. mho
and his prior offense (of the one he got CAUGHT in) was with a six year old girl... same age range as Somer. Just had an emotional hit with the death of his girlfriend (and housemate!) literally DAYS before Somer was killed.

Kuhn=time bomb... whether he already detonated or not remains to be seen but I sure as heck am very leery of this sexual predator.

;) I had another person in mind before the sex offender stuff. I'm not sure on a couple of things as of right now with this person so I'm going to hold back on putting my 2 cents out there...so don't think I'm crazy if I start posting about someone else that is there & we haven't looked at yet LOL

First, I gotta eat. Da baby said....NOW!

You go girl! Tell us! We are here to sleuth for ya'

LOL, I started making note cards with the people we are looking at, their initials, and what info we have on them as I read them.

Great, we need to separate all this because it is getting so confusing with so much info and no FORUM!

Okay, have we run out of real things to sleuth?

Because I see three pages of digging into non existent MySpace connections and non existent familial relationships and the true meaning be it literal or implied of the word "Trashy".

Call me crazy, but now I feel we are being led astray...kwim?

We could try to find a connection between Cook/Cochran & Winne.
Could Cook/Cochran have appeared to be Hispanic to the child who was involved in the attempted abduction 10 days prior to Somer's abduction.
Could her Datsun be mistaken for a Nissan?
Maybe absolutely nothing but I do think if we look at the profile LE gave of the suspect, Winne defiantly fits the bill.

and his prior offense (of the one he got CAUGHT in) was with a six year old girl... same age range as Somer. Just had an emotional hit with the death of his girlfriend (and housemate!) literally DAYS before Somer was killed.

Kuhn=time bomb... whether he already detonated or not remains to be seen but I sure as heck am very leery of this sexual predator.

When I read your post, I just got a very sick feeling. I had forgotten his victim was in the same age range as Somer. I think most sexual predators have a preference and stick to a certain age group.

The death of a loved one for the general population makes people engage in strange, out of the ordinary behaviors. So I imagine that for a person with a violent past, who allegedly walked the straight and narrow for a few years, it could trigger violent behavior.

Hi SharetheLight - You're so right - strange behaviors come out with loss. In Kuhn's case, who is a pedophile with a history of trying to regain control of his environment by preying and raping little children, loss may very well re-trigger his predator behavior. mho

If anyone feels like they have run out of things to sleuth I could use some help in determining if Spires is truly related or not. If he is not I could drop it and move on.

Maybe if we all asked nicely rather than demanding they would be more inclined to give us a forum. Jussssst sayin' :)

We could try to find a connection between Cook/Cochran & Winne.
Could Cook/Cochran have appeared to be Hispanic to the child who was involved in the attempted abduction 10 days prior to Somer's abduction.
Could her Datsun be mistaken for a Nissan?
Maybe absolutely nothing but I do think if we look at the profile LE gave of the suspect, Winne defiantly fits the bill.

Datsun became Nissan so it's the same company, so yes could be mistaken.
but I don't think those two could be mistaken for Hispanic. I think the Hispanic description was given by the woman who ended up talking to the girl and following her home to make sure she made it ok.

I've been thinking about the "Diene Thompson Talks About Grief, Anger, Determination" video that has a portion of the interview blacked out. Why did they do it that way. With even simple video editing software you can select a portion of video and delete it. It's almost as if they were trying make it obvious that there was something being hidden - trying to make the perp aware they knew something...

Still trying to find a link to the video. I wish we had a "Videos" sticky..:waitasec:

I've been thinking about the "Diene Thompson Talks About Grief, Anger, Determination" video that has a portion of the interview blacked out. Why did they do it that way. With even simple video editing software you can select a portion of video and delete it. It's almost as if they were trying make it obvious that there was something being hidden - trying to make the perp aware they knew something...

Still trying to find a link to the video. I wish we had a "Videos" sticky..:waitasec:

I found the video at the jax4news site

There are certain dumpsters that are hauled away by trucks. Like those that are rented - constructinos site at Gano would be rented.

I think the daily dumpsters are pick up by a reg trash type company. Not sure if it is the same one that does the reg street pickup though. For instance in The Grovve Condo's - there are small Mini Dumpsters.

Someone who knows the area so well, to know exactly where to go........
and feel so comfortable with the area.
No one suspected the person because he was so helpful that evening and throughout the week..........
Maybe Somer wasn't MOVED right away, but kept in their own house til the right time for disposal?
Just throwing all my thoughts out there.
My hubby thinks this guy is a loser, no job, works just for money and drugs and sponges off other people.........only friends are druggies or drunks????

If anyone feels like they have run out of things to sleuth I could use some help in determining if Spires is truly related or not. If he is not I could drop it and move on.

I'll do a check on spires - is the bd 5/1/56? that's what I found. I'll be right back.

what is this about a fire? is that a recent thing?

last night a man barricaded himself in the house in the area of Somer's neighborhood and threatened to do himself harm. The SWAT team surrounded the building. There were negotiators talking to the man. Man ended up setting fire to the house and dying.
He was recently charged with felony child abuse and had a history of mental instability.

I don't think the news has named this man. Someone last night found a RSO who lived on the same street, maybe the same house, I can't remember.

Big storm headed my way so I may be without power and internet soon. Just thought I'd throw that out there so if I'm in the middle of something and I suddenly disappear, y'all would know why.

Big storm headed my way so I may be without power and internet soon. Just thought I'd throw that out there so if I'm in the middle of something and I suddenly disappear, y'all would know why.

Be safe!!

Solving the Somer Thompson Murder: Investigators Leaning on Community
Oct. 29, 2009
<snipped>
"I'm a strong believer that the community is an incredibly underrated and important resource for solving crimes, especially when the crimes are fresh," forensic psychiatrist Dr. Michael Welner told "Good Morning America" today. "You get the public mobilized to say ... 'What do you remember?'"

Welner said the killer likely falls into one of two categories of pedophiles. He said there are visible pedophiles -- the people who are known to associate with children through coaching sports and volunteer work -- and the pedophiles you don't see. Pedophiles you don't see tend to behave normally in front of the public and have normal sexual relationships.

"Clearly there is a distinction between the pedophiles you see and the pedophiles you don't," Welner said. "The pedophiles you see may violate the children again and again and again. And the pedophiles you don't see violate and destroy."

Video: Somer Thompson Case: Profile of a Killer 5:46
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=8944780

Video: America's Most Wanted: Somer's Killer
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=8915737

Article:
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/somer-tho...eaning-community-find-killer/story?id=8942851

:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member