FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so hoping for new info...like an arrest and full confession. No such luck.

I'm here, but only half so until later. I have to update this years list of sex offender houses for trick or treat. I prefer they don't even see my kids, let alone having them knock on a perverts door.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=116417

Thompson is an Iraq war veteran and is wheelchair bound from an incident in Iraq in 2003. (I thought it was from a recent accident?)

Sam said he is estranged from Diena, and added the last time he spoke to Somer was two months ago.

However, the last time he saw Somer was two years ago during a trip to the beach.

(About the fund's purpose)
Sam Thompson also has a benefit fund. He says the fund will help pay for visits to Jacksonville from his home in North Carolina.

i also thought that his injuries were from a recent car accident

It's interesting to hear you say that about Somer's father....cause on a similar note, I think I kind gained unwelcome notaritity on this thread by posting suspicions of Somer's Mom and her dry eyed crys and wails, and her seemingly, unlimited amount of time to spend in front of the TV cameras. I also noted that it bugged the heck out of me that on day 2 or 3 she was in front of the cameras YET again, and one of the first things out of her mouth was thanking the public for monetary donations. WRONG on so many levels.......

I've got a theory that I may as just well spout off....since I've alienated some already by critizing Somer's Mom.

Is it possible that Somer was killed by her own 2 siblings and that would explain mom's on air weirdo demeanor? Cause she KNOWS!!!?
Is that bad of me to think that?

Anyone?

Ripley 007 - I do not think it is bad of you to wonder about that possibiity. There is so little we know about what really happened to Somer that I think anything is possible. Stranger things have happened than your speculation, for sure. I do agree with you on some points re: DT's actions, attitudes, etc. but I have also realize everyone is different with reaction to grief. I do not believe that children as young as Somer and her siblings should be walking one mile or so to and from school every day. I do wonder how well the children were really watched - especially since it was reported by the one babysitter that Somer had been known to wander before coming home. It is hard to keep focused on children in the best of circumstances, but IIRC DT had 3 0r 4 marriages, and was in the process of divorcing Somer's Dad. Dealing with those kinds of circumstances take time and that means it takes time away from being with the children. I have been trying to not be judgmental, and heavens knows there are children out there whose parents spend little or no time with them and nothing every happens to them.

But, I digress somewhat. Back to your train of thought - I think anything is a possibility as to what happened to Somer. One need only think of Elizabeth Olten who disappeared at the same time - a 15 year old girl is in custody for her murder. So, yes, even her own siblings could have somehow contributed to her death - purposely or accidentally. Until some concrete evidence leads to a definite suspect all theories should be investigated by LE, IMO.

I haven't heard if he is legally trying to get his children. His emotional interview about wanting to take them home with him, was probably a first instinct thought/feeling. IDK

I'm not accusing her of being a bad Mother all the time, however I do question her character and the lifestyle she is living.

My first concern is the fact she has been aware of Somer not returning on time with the other children for quite some time now. Hence- the friends and phone numbers for the babysitter to track Somer down. Why is ANYONE even tracking down a 7yr old in the first place...??

I'm not going to keep on keeping on about her-- it will all come to light soon enough, and I hope this killer is NOT someone that she knew, or had in her home that were friends of the new live in B/F.

On the issue of Somer not returning home on time, the Mom may have gotten on to her, grounded her, we don't know. Somer also knew her Mom was at work so she could do what she wanted. We don't know what was done to try and stop this behavior. I know what I would have done but I am a stay at home Mom, I don't have to worry about supporting my family. As far as the Dad, we don't know anything about him or his relationship with his children. Except, that he hasn't been in contact with them. We don't know if that was his choice or not but I am thinking he could have called the children after school before the mom got home had he really wanted to contact them. JMO

Could father's injuries be both? War injury that was partially healed, then exacerbated by the car wreck? Just thinking out loud.

He could have required more than one surgery (if being thrown from the truck was the 2003 accident).

I read that he'd had knee surgery and had pins in his leg.

It could be that custody was granted to DT because he was physically unable to care for the children (they had lived with him in 2006).

If we had more police-related documents, there might be interviews in which these details were discussed.

I ask the same question! Why does he have his own fund set up?:furious:
He never could help with the children before, or pay child support:furious:

It may be just a rumor or a flat out lie about him not paying child support because if he was in the military, all she had to do was contact his CO and he would have been MADE to pay child support. He said he had just returned from Iraq, so I'm guessing he is in the military. Although it could be that he was over there working as a civilian contractor. If he was in the military, kids would have ID cards and health benefits, etc. - don't know if they did or not. However, if he was in Iraq working as a civilian contractor, that might explain why he had not seen his daughter in 2 years. Civilians can stay longer than a military person's tour of duty. Whose word do we have that he did not pay child support? Where did that come from?

i also thought that his injuries were from a recent car accident (but what do I know)

No, I found that too.
Sam Thompson is recovering from a car accident and is not well enough to travel to Florida to search for the missing Florida girl - his daughter, Somer Thompson.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2310019/a_missing_florida_girl_somer_thompson.html?cat=9
Which is why the media is not a reliable source.

It's all we have, but we can't necessarily take it as fact.

ETA: It's why I explain that my Who Who's is based on media reports and give the source link whenever I can. What I post one day changes the next with a new media story.

It's interesting to hear you say that about Somer's father....cause on a similar note, I think I kind gained unwelcome notaritity on this thread by posting suspicions of Somer's Mom and her dry eyed crys and wails, and her seemingly, unlimited amount of time to spend in front of the TV cameras. I also noted that it bugged the heck out of me that on day 2 or 3 she was in front of the cameras YET again, and one of the first things out of her mouth was thanking the public for monetary donations. WRONG on so many levels.......

I've got a theory that I may as just well spout off....since I've alienated some already by critizing Somer's Mom.

Is it possible that Somer was killed by her own 2 siblings and that would explain mom's on air weirdo demeanor? Cause she KNOWS!!!?
Is that bad of me to think that?

Anyone?
I just don't see two young children-they were 9 and 11?-being able to kill Somer, hide her or put her in a dumpster and NOT leave any sign of it-trace evidence, blood, whatever behind. I am sure those dumpsters near where she disappeared were checked early on-I get the feeling Somer was put in one 'later'. But there would surely be evidence on the children and in the crime scene location they would have picked up. I also get the impression the LE have a good idea WHO did it, they just don't know where he is. I was wondering if he left a symbol, a sign, a mark-for them to be suggestive it is an older offender who has resurfaced. Dad also said Somer would have fought hard, so odds are good they have some DNA from the perp. JMO.
Mom has alibi verified from work, and Dad was 2 hours away.

He was injured in Iraq but he broke his leg in an accident after coming home from Iraq.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0910/29/ng.01.html
S. THOMPSON: At that moment, you describe the fear and panic that hits you right away. And I`m in a wheelchair. I`ve got a broken leg. I was in a car accident a month ago.

GRACE: And this is after you come home from Iraq, right?

S. THOMPSON: This is after I`ve come home from Iraq. And I`ve been -- I`ve had a lot of doctor`s appointments with the VA for the past two years trying to get my disability. And, you know, trying to make a better life for my children after this. But you know I felt helpless because I wanted to run and grab -- and find her myself.

personally, just from seeing Dad on Nancy Grace...I never got any bad vibes from him. But I was DEEPLY DISTURBED yet AGAIN by Mom, when NG asked Dad how he learned Somer was missing, and he told her about receiving a notification phone call from LE. Is it just me or is that messed-up!?? I don't know or care what their relationship was like...they were co-parents and MOM should have been the one to call him to explain Somer was Missing imho...............

genthumb.ashx

Thompson is an Iraq war veteran and is wheelchair bound from an incident in Iraq in 2003. He said nothing could have stopped him from traveling to Orange Park.

Thompson is an Iraq war veteran and is wheelchair bound from an incident in Iraq in 2003. (I thought it was from a recent accident?)
Sam said he is estranged from Diena, and added the last time he spoke to Somer was two months ago.

However, the last time he saw Somer was two years ago during a trip to the beach.

Sam Thompson also has a benefit fund. He says the fund will help pay for visits to Jacksonville from his home in North Carolina.

Sorry to cause such a mess about this.
I thought that early on, before Somer was found, his sister stated that he was in a wheelchair due to a recent automobile accident. Maybe I'm mistaken, maybe I've been listening and looking too much!:waitasec:

Somer's brothers are ST, 7 (twin) and AC, 13 (half-brother); her sister AT is 10. (I have also seen the half-brother's age reported as 14 ...)

If you believe they did it, do you also believe they sexually assaulted her?

Getting evil eye from husband ... with that "Are you on the computer AGAIN" look! Must appear to be getting ready to go to basketball game.

Who isn't getting evil eye from our DH's ;) :)

I just don't see two young children-they were 9 and 11?-being able to kill Somer, hide her or put her in a dumpster and NOT leave any sign of it-trace evidence, blood, whatever behind. I am sure those dumpsters near where she disappeared were checked early on-I get the feeling Somer was put in one 'later'. But there would surely be evidence on the children and in the crime scene location they would have picked up. I also get the impression the LE have a good idea WHO did it, they just don't know where he is. I was wondering if he left a symbol, a sign, a mark-for them to be suggestive it is an older offender who has resurfaced. Dad also said Somer would have fought hard, so odds are good they have some DNA from the perp. JMO.
Mom has alibi verified from work, and Dad was 2 hours away.

not to nitpick here but somer had a 10 yearold sister and a 13 yearold brother

personally, just from seeing Dad on Nancy Grace...I never got any bad vibes from him. But I was DEEPLY DISTURBED yet AGAIN by Mom, when NG asked Dad how he learned Somer was missing, and he told her about receiving a notification phone call from LE. Is it just me or is that messed-up!?? I don't know or care what their relationship was like...they were co-parents and MOM should have been the one to call him to explain Somer was Missing imho...............

Once I realized that one of my children were taken, I am not sure I would have been able to contact anyone. It doesn't appear that they were co-parenting since he hasn't seen the children for two years for whatever reason. I know the Susan Smith's of this world has made people watch and judge grieving parents but I still don't like it. No one knows how they would act in DT's shoes. People can think how they would act but they don't know and I hope they never find out.

BBM, if it turns out mom left him due to him be crippled, well that will just completley seal the deal for me.

Sorry to cause such a mess about this.
I thought that early on, before Somer was found, his sister stated that he was in a wheelchair due to a recent automobile accident. Maybe I'm mistaken, maybe I've been listening and looking too much!:waitasec:

My point with the posting of these articles is that there are multiple stories out there.

Until we see sworn statements from these people, which we could accept as fact (or they purjured themselves), I think we just go with what we read and be ready to accept that someone else read something different ... and ask nicely for a link!

While some sources may be more credible than others, it is always possible that the credible source has details mixed up.

ETA: Bold, red above

And then Marynice posts this!
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../29/ng.01.html
S. THOMPSON: At that moment, you describe the fear and panic that hits you right away. And I`m in a wheelchair. I`ve got a broken leg. I was in a car accident a month ago.

GRACE: And this is after you come home from Iraq, right?

S. THOMPSON: This is after I`ve come home from Iraq. And I`ve been -- I`ve had a lot of doctor`s appointments with the VA for the past two years trying to get my disability. And, you know, trying to make a better life for my children after this. But you know I felt helpless because I wanted to run and grab -- and find her myself.
Which I will add to the Who's Who when I return from the day's activities. :) Happy Halloween, everyone!

:dance:
No, I found that too.

Which is why the media is not a reliable source.

It's all we have, but we can't necessarily take it as fact.

ETA: It's why I explain that my Who Who's is based on media reports and give the source link whenever I can. What I post one day changes the next with a new media story.

THANK YOU! maybe i'm not loosing it after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper