FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay ... whoever comes here in the morning must shoot holes in my theory. I'm off to bed ... and to sleep.

I think this is a good idea to check these places. Didn't realize there were foreclosures on the route home in Somer's neighborhood. I was sick and undergoing chemo and couldn't work for a while. Ended up losing my home this past year. I was mostly out by the time they had the public auction. The house didn't sell and the bank hired an equity company who gave me some time to get everything else together and cleaned up (don't like to leave without cleaning everything) before making me give them the key. It amounted to at least two or three weeks but I honestly think they would have given me a lot longer than that if I had needed it.

Then after that, I know they had a variety of people over there doing inspections and any repair work and yard work. And then of course, all the realtors can get in via a key on the door. So that puts a lot of people having possible access to a foreclosed home in that area where Somer lives, dependent upon where it is in the foreclosure process. And... they may not even bother to change the key. In my case, I gave them all of the copies of my keys and the locks I had put in were very nice and they didn't rekey it as far as I know. So the original owner or anyone who'd originally had a key to the home could possibly still have access.

I dont have a link....I know from several people who have gone through this in Vegas, houses are foreclosing like mad here......they get an auction date and then prior to the date as late as the day before, the owner calls the auction and lets them know they are in bankruptcy and BY LAW a bank can not foreclose during a bankruptcy, it usually gets put back on auction calender I believe thirty days after the close of the bankruptcy......
Interesting and I will be checking into this-- anyone could claim anything over the phone and without proper documenation I don't see this verbal stuff legal at all. I will verify this because this is my line of work-- everyone would be living mortgage free and making those minute calls.
Any-whooooo-- interesing information and anxious to get further details.

I am shocked the number is so low for Oct.. I know I went to the site at least 10 times a day for almost 2 weeks in Oct.. as did most on here.. and then add all the other boards and members from other sites going.. That number just seems low to me..

That is only 32,585 more hits than sept... hmmm

Yeah, me too! I figured it would have jumped much higher than that.

I don't think Somer made it past that burned house..

Le is scaring me since no word from them.. I hope they have something to go on..

For the record, I also don't think she made it any substantial distance past the burned house (if she made it past there at all) because there are no sightings after that point.

You have to think that LE either thinks they know who it is and they are trying to wrap up the evidence, or else they have no clue. Hopefully the former, but I dread that it may be that they are just out of leads.

I still like my guy as a possible ;)

But... I also like CWG, WK, the mysterious Kyle (or one of his work buddies) or someone who is not on the registry who was home alone at the time - including high school students.

Question - Can LE obtain anyone's DNA without probable cause? If they have to have probable cause, would the fact that Somer disappeared in the neighborhood be enough to swab all of the residents?

Yeah, i think i'm relying too much into that one article.

... the two were walking home together Monday afternoon. McKenzie told detectives she and Somer got into some kind of argument, Somer ran ahead of her, and that was the last anyone has seen of her.

Cagle says police interviewed him and his family along with M. to try and see if they knew any additional information. M. was able to show police where she last saw Somer. After that, she says Somer disappeared without a trace.
I wish they had put it in the article (where M. last saw Somer).

But it says she STARTED walking with Somer and Somer ran off. I thought at first this was before Somer started walking with her brother and sister, but if so ... wouldn't others have seen her then too?

Did I not read that there were 30+ kids walking home this way?

This article was from 10/21 so it could have been after that when Kyle came forward (because now he is the last one to see Somer). Now I don't remember when I first heard that he was the last one to see Somer.

Interesting and I will be checking into this-- anyone could claim anything over the phone and without proper documenation I don't see this verbal stuff legal at all. I will verify this because this is my line of work-- everyone would be living mortgage free and making those minute calls.

-Well, I think (at least in the cases I've seen here) that the company asks the mortgagee who their attorney is and confirms the bankruptcy filing with them/and maybe a fax of the filing - which as far as the mortgagee knows is just a phone call, but really involves the bank doing the follow up to see if the case has really been filed. If the company can confirm there is a current bankruptcy it can make a lot more work legally for them if they continue, so it's easier just to wait until the bankruptcy is resolved and then go forward.

I think it was Diena who talked about the number of kids who were walking home and the number may have been higher ... 60? But maybe she meant that walk in general, not just in that direction.

Question - Can LE obtain anyone's DNA without probable cause? If they have to have probable cause, would the fact that Somer disappeared in the neighborhood be enough to swab all of the residents?

If the resident didn't want to give dna, a warrant would be required. I wouldn't think that the fact that she disappeared in the neighborhood would be enough to swab all neighbors. However, I have seen cases where they ASK everyone in a geographic area for a voluntary swab. Those who refuse are looked at more strongly in an attempt to develop enough info to get a warrant for dna. You'd be surprised though at how many times a killer will allow a dna swab. It takes so long to process everyone's dna (when they do one of these mass dna sweeps) that sometimes they've had the killers dna for a long time and haven't known it. They assumed it wouldn't have been one of the people who volunteered a swab.

I think it was Diena who talked about the number of kids who were walking home and the number may have been higher ... 60? But maybe she meant that walk in general, not just in that direction.

I think she meant all of the kids in general who would be walking in the neighborhood at that time.

Another question: the interest in the white van - was it because of the creep in Georgia & he had a white van & people were trying to link him to the white van seen in Orange Park? Was it also because the police pulled over a white van & the the spokesperson for the LE said she wouldn't comment on it? If one was seen in the area they day she disappeared, could it have been the white van that cam took a picture of in the driveway next to the burned house?

If the resident didn't want to give dna, a warrant would be required. I wouldn't think that the fact that she disappeared in the neighborhood would be enough to swab all neighbors. However, I have seen cases where they ASK everyone in a geographic area for a voluntary swab. Those who refuse are looked at more strongly in an attempt to develop enough info to get a warrant for dna. You'd be surprised though at how many times a killer will allow a dna swab. It takes so long to process everyone's dna (when they do one of these mass dna sweeps) that sometimes they've had the killers dna for a long time and haven't known it. They assumed it wouldn't have been one of the people who volunteered a swab.

Thanks for the response hope... do you think that might be why it's taking so long to bring this animal in? Because they have so many swabs to process? Any idea how long it takes to process a dna swab?

they do live mortgage free as long as they can......foreclosures have dragged out to 7 months and more if done within a bankruptcy with the intent to keep........they do not ask for docs I think they probably access them after the phone call....not sure anyone could just call and lie.....

Another question: the interest in the white van - was it because of the creep in Georgia & he had a white van & people were trying to link him to the white van seen in Orange Park? Was it also because the police pulled over a white van & the the spokesperson for the LE said she wouldn't comment on it? If one was seen in the area they day she disappeared, could it have been the white van that cam took a picture of in the driveway next to the burned house?
Justino commented on LE asking neighbors about a white van on the 23rd. The georgia creep was arrested after that on the 26th. I find the white van in the driveway hinky as well as the advertisement on that home for the lawn service, as those who are listed on that home are not the owners of the landscape co. Another person is the owner of that co., who shares the name with a registered SO.......just sayin

Justino commented on LE asking neighbors about a white van on the 23rd. The georgia creep was arrested after that on the 26th. I find the white van in the driveway hinky as well as the advertisement on that home for the lawn service, as those who are listed on that home are not the owners of the landscape co. Another person is the owner of that co., who shares the name with a registered SO.......just sayin

I think, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, that we don't know why LE was asking about the white van. Whether it was due to the fact that at that time they were looking for the SO who had absconded to Albany and they knew he was driving one (and they wanted to catch him AND rule him out in Somer's case), or whether they were asking because a white van might be tied into Somer's case in some other way, like possibly seen in the neighborhood by someone on the day she disappeared.

Thanks for the response hope... do you think that might be why it's taking so long to bring this animal in? Because they have so many swabs to process? Any idea how long it takes to process a dna swab?

I have not read or heard about them doing any type of geographical swabbing. They have area SO's dna already, and I'm guessing they would swab the family as a matter of course.

But frankly, I don't even know if they have interviewed everyone in the homes (and any apts) lining her route home (like all of the people who might have been home alone that day at the time she went missing), much less swabbed them.

Also, I suspect that LE thought, when they found the body so early on in the process, that with so many SO's in the area any DNA on the body would prob match up to one of them. If they did get DNA and that didn't happen, that would prob be a huge disappointment. Alternately, if they didn't find any dna on the body, that would also be a huge blow and would put all of the SO's still into play.

I think, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, that we don't know why LE was asking about the white van. Whether it was due to the fact that at that time they were looking for the SO who had absconded to Albany and they knew he was driving one (and they wanted to catch him AND rule him out in Somer's case), or whether they were asking because a white van might be tied into Somer's case in some other way, like possibly seen in the neighborhood by someone on the day she disappeared.

And if that is the case (the bold section above), then it (the white van) can be ruled out also, because cam took a picture of a white van parked in the driveway of the house next door to the burned house.

Im basing my opinion on the dates.....and when I do that it tells me that they had tips of a white van, were asking others about a white van , then later a white van belonged to the albany guy. I do not think they were asking due to the albany guy because he didnt commit the crime until after the fact.

AMW on tonight Somer's case.
AMW on tonight Somer's case.

Quote:
A child reported seeing Somer on the sidewalk in front of a vacant home that was 500 to 600 yards from Somer's elementary school.
There had been a fire at the home a few months ago and it was being remodeled. Workers hired for the remodeling told investigators that Somer had walked inside the fence around the house and spoke to them before walking away. It was the last confirmed sighting of Somer.

http://www.ocala.com/article/200911...r-s-case-is-on-America-s-Most-Wanted-Saturday

Creeps me out that they report her as having walked inside the fence to talk to them. I keep wondering who was working with K. that day at the house. It apparently wasn't GV, who purportedly hadn't been working there for a couple of months, so who and how many was it?

I do not think they were asking due to the albany guy because he didnt commit the crime until after the fact.

oh. derrrr.... lol I guess that would tend to knock that theory out of the water. Hard to ask about something that hasn't happened yet!

Ok. So that still puts the white van into play as something to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties