FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And if that is the case (the bold section above), then it (the white van) can be ruled out also, because cam took a picture of a white van parked in the driveway of the house next door to the burned house.

I'm confused about why that would rule out the white van.

Yeah, i think i'm relying too much into that one article.

I wish they had put it in the article (where M. last saw Somer).

But it says she STARTED walking with Somer and Somer ran off. I thought at first this was before Somer started walking with her brother and sister, but if so ... wouldn't others have seen her then too?

I think its one of the many confusing things about the events of the afternoon (to me anyway). Was Somer walking with friends, sibs, or both. Did she run off after the friend got mad or after the sib got mad. Who saw her last, the sib or the friend? What about the other little boy, did he see her after this? What time was that? What time did Kyle see her?

Add to that the confusion about how the older brother gets notified, why he was picked up at the field, whether SP was home with Somer's twin, or whether the twin was out looking, who all was working on the house and what time did they leave, and just... there is no clear timeline of when each person did what. Not that they've made public anyway.

OT -- This is a true story... I went to college for a special field. Graduates in my field would go on to work for non profit organizations. Extensive background searches were done on all of us before we could work. Only 20 lucky hand selected graduates from all over the country would be selected to work for a major "household name" company. A guy I went to school with was selected & he truly was the best of the best! He was born to do this type of work - he was a natural!!! Seven months into this fairy tale job, he was arrested for child *advertiser censored*... everyone was shocked - jaw dropping, eye popping, OMG'ing! The worst part is his occupation - he was a clown for the greatest show on earth. You just never, ever know... ya know?

I'm confused about why that would rule out the white van.

I'm sure they've already talked with the owner (white van) since they (LE) were looking for one that was spotted in the area around the time of her disappearance. Now there is a white van parked next to the burned house. I'm sure the LE have seen it and questioned the driver of the van as to his/her whereabouts on that day.

I live out in the country in my area (not Florida) . When you live in the country, you have a different definition of neighbors. My neighbors are 1/2 to 1 mile away. I have many houses in that distance, but that's what we consider to be neighbors.

When people live in town here, I notice that their neighbors really are considered more in a one block area.

I have a reason for bringing this up. It's too bad that we don't have more locals on this site to give us info.

1. There is a house about a mile from me that was a meth house. It sat empty for 2 years. Now someone has bought it and is fixing it up. It was for sale off and on. People would try to buy it , and then it would fall through. It might have not been listed on anything while negotiations were going on. Are there any empty houses in Somer's neighborhood that we don't know about beside the Gano house?

2. My son lives right by me, but on another street. There was a house right across the street from him that just sold. It was for sale for over a year. It sat empty the whole time.One night last summer, there was a party there. My son did not recognize anyone going to the party. We figured that the Realtor's kid must have gotten a hold of the keys and had a party, but we don't know for sure who it was. It wasn't the owner as he was not there. I doubt if the owner would have wanted to have a party when he was trying to sell the house.

3. We had another house maybe 3 or 4 of years ago that went into foreclosure-(maybe, I don't recall if it was foreclosure), on the street where my son lives. I forget the details now. The people totally trashed it and it sat empty for a few months. I don't think that it went through a Realtor. I think the people bought it through some bank auction. But I don't recall.

4. My daughter had a house that they sold a couple of years ago . She bought another one (they live in town) a couple blocks from her old one. The old one is for sale and has been sitting empty for a few months now.

5. Where we live we also have houses "For Sale by Owner". Don't know how you could find those.

6. The first house my daughter bought several years ago was a HUD house. It had been repossessed by the govt. A Realtor did have the transaction, but he was and is a total slime bucket. He is known for several miles around for his insane antics and the crazy garbage heap of a house he lives in . He lives in a very expensive neighborhood. At any rate, I don't know if they still do HUD houses or how you could find those. I don't recall how they found out about it because I don't think it was a Realtor listing. I think the Realtor just got to sell it for some reason. That house sat empty for months as well.

7. My neighbors decided to move into town. They bought another house in town and rented their house for 4 years while trying to sell it. I think there were a couple of different renters over time, but am not sure. Sometimes it did sit empty. It is a very expensive home.

8. All these scenarios I have listed show why I think it's difficult to figure out who's who unless you have locals to tell you anything.

9. I am still totally mystified by the Gano house. How could the kids see her and Kyle talk to her and then she disappears? DOES NOT add up!

10. I know people have said they are tired of the rehashing, but I am going to give my own personal "cloak theory".

For years we wanted to put a gazebo in our backyard. It is really really important to me to have one. We have lots of space, but it's taken up by other structures and then has topographical features that caused issues. Then one day it came to me. The perfect location This was after looking in my yard for years. Duh!

I like to go to rummage sales. Many a time I have seen people walk out with things that I have wanted. They have been there right after me. I ask them where they got the item and it has been right in a spot that I looked at before them. CLOAKED from my eyes.

So, I'm OK with hashing and rehashing.

I wish there were locals with more info about the Gano neighborhood.

There is a local from the neighborhood that began posting a couple of days ago... I'll have to go back & look for the name... the poster's name is Shadowizar. I live about 10 miles from the area but I can't help in regards to the neighbors, etc.

Oh for whoever was asking, here's the automatic stay rule in Bankruptcy: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/11/usc_sec_11_00000362----000-.html

As soon as someone files for bankruptcy, a foreclosure auction has to stop in its tracks. It should be as easy as a phone call because if the foreclosing party continues with the auction it would be invalid- most banks will drop everything as to not waste time/resources on something they might not get anyway.

Trying to remain on topic about Somer's murder, instead of a foreclosure debate here.

Can someone please tell me what the foreclosure property has to do with this case?

Thanks

I'd like to know if she ever crossed the street by herself or always at the intersections with crossing guards. Also, how much traffic was there on Gano that day? On the Google streetview it looks like traffic is light and there are crossing guards stationed at the intersections but that could just be before or after a heavy school related traffic time because there aren't many children visibly walking home.

If she never crossed Gano I think it's interesting to point out the undeveloped swath of land behind 1080 Gano off Grove Park drive. Somer's babysitter said she liked to wander around and liked treehouses. Can someone tell me if this is a treehouse in that undeveloped swath of land. Or is this something else?
4083838710_989abab2e0_o.jpg

I'd like to know if she ever crossed the street by herself or always at the intersections with crossing guards. Also, how much traffic was there on Gano that day? On the Google streetview it looks like traffic is light and there are crossing guards stationed at the intersections but that could just be before or after a heavy school related traffic time because there aren't many children visibly walking home.

If she never crossed Gano I think it's interesting to point out the undeveloped swath of land behind 1080 Gano off Grove Park drive. Somer's babysitter said she liked to wander around and liked treehouses. Can someone tell me if this is a treehouse in that undeveloped swath of land. Or is this something else?

I can't see well enough in the photo to make the judgement.
However-- since the sitter stated Somer liked tree-houses I am
going to assume tree-houses were around and the sitter was
aware of this-- maybe the sitter has the information about the
tree-house locations. I would hope/think LE has drilled her to
get additional info. *shrug*

Im basing my opinion on the dates.....and when I do that it tells me that they had tips of a white van, were asking others about a white van , then later a white van belonged to the albany guy. I do not think they were asking due to the albany guy because he didnt commit the crime until after the fact.

I thought the same at first, but then it sank in that just because he was caught in Albany around the 27th of October doesn't mean he wasn't in Orange Park around the 19th circling around looking for a victim. Maybe someone saw him and his van.

But, I don't think the creep had anything to do with Somer. His MO is to lure boys to show them nasty pictures, and in Florida he hung around Hillsborough County, on the other side of the state.

IMO.

I thought the same at first, but then it sank in that just because he was caught in Albany around the 27th of September doesn't mean he wasn't in Orange Park around the 19th circling around looking for a victim. Maybe someone saw him and his van.

But, I don't think the creep had anything to do with Somer. His MO is to lure boys to show them nasty pictures, and in Florida he hung around Hillsborough County, on the other side of the state.

IMO.
I dont think he is the perp either, thats my point. I also dont think LE was looking for HIS van if he wasnt a thought as he was not arrested nor did he commit the crime till after the 23rd. He would not have been a thought yet, imo.....

I believe it is a treehouse and I do not think they are common....I saw that when looking all over the property of the SO thats lives right there across bay circle on the corner house, in which Somer would walk right by to get to this treehouse......jmooc

anyone find it curious that DT new that the gano house was vacant? ........maybe she knew someone working on it?

anyone find it curious that DT new that the gano house was vacant? ........maybe she knew someone working on it?

I don't find it curious...maybe she passed by the house on her way to or from work & noticed it was vacant. I drive past a house in my neighborhood & notice there are never cars in front of it or lights on or curtains in the windows... that leads me to believe the home is vacant.

Appears as though the biker community is having a fundraiser for DT tomorrow... they list the website as jaxbikers.com .

Kewpiedoll, I'm still reading and absorbing and analyzing the article you cited, and I want to thank you for it.
http://www.examiner.com/x-23328-True-Crime-Examiner~y2009m11d4-Somer-Thompson
However, on the first run-through, something did hit me square between the eyes-this is the quote:
"With merely a remote control's signal away, the curious aspect of this case--since television is a freeway around the global village--is that many following the Somer Thompson case feel they are present in this North Florida 'burb, many no doubt emotionally are "BOLO-ing" for this monster. Somer's mother, Diena, and others, are "coming to get" the person who trashed her remains, brushed off his body, his psyche, then ran".

Ran. Last word...I really really like that scenario-and I think he may still be gone. It makes such infinite sense.
1) He'd want to get totally away from the scene of the crime, and in a small area like this, he'd have to get out of town.
2) If he stayed in the area, just seeing him may 'click' with someone. (It's like not realizing there had been a piece of paper on a table until you open the trash bag and see it again).
3) What better way to hide scratches/abrasions/bruises?
I don't think he's still (or again) in the area at all. So THAT would be my question to every man, woman and child on the street-who did you see that day, what did you do, where did you go? And they'd better start asking it quickly-it may already be too late.

Trying to remain on topic about Somer's murder, instead of a foreclosure debate here.

Can someone please tell me what the foreclosure property has to do with this case?

Thanks

I think the idea was just that there may be empty houses/properties in the area to which a certain number of people have access - more than just the house on 1080 Gano. An empty house could be used in a crime of this nature.

Do we have any indication at all that Somer went up Arbor Circle part/all of the way, or did the friend last see her down on Gano? Or do we know? I'm a little confused about it.

Do we have any indication at all that Somer went up Arbor Circle part/all of the way, or did the friend last see her down on Gano? Or do we know? I'm a little confused about it.

Yes, I am totally mystified by that . I hope someone can clarify.

1. I have a question about romeo and Juliet SO's. About 6 years ago through my work I knew of a girl of about age 15 or 16. She got pregnant by a guy who was in his late 20's. Maybe 28 or maybe he was in his 30's. I forget now.

I believe he was married at the time. Everyone involved was dysfunctional. Her parents knew about the guy. She had the baby in the hospital. She had to live on govt. support. The guy had a criminal background and poor so no access to a lawyer. He was never charged with having sex with a minor.

For 40 years I have heard the term "jail bait" for having sex with minor girls. This is nothing new.

So the guy I know of had no legal consequences for his actions.l Why do some , say a 19 year old, get busted for having sex with say, a 15 year old? Is there more to a story such as the hypothetical example I gave?

2. To me, everything ends with Kyle. Why is LE not telling people that Kyle saw Somer go-------? It's like she was abducted by aliens after that. I don't buy the silence.

3. Why did they look in the dumpster at Gano? Was she found in a carpet or something? We don't know.

4. LE knows exactly what neighborhood Somer was dropped into the garbage as they can examine all of the trash around her. We are required to put our trash into plastic bags or the garbage man won't take it. I mean it is in a plastic bag in the garbage can. Is that true there in Floridaalso? Since I am POSITIVE that LE knows where she was put into the trash (I hate typing that), why aren't they asking people if they noticed anyone putting trash in the neighborhood of_________?

5. I didn't discover this site until Jaycee. I am not reading the Caylee site. But when I first heard of it whenever it happened, I heard the mother didn't say where she was for 30 days and the grandparents weren't that concerned. That's what I got out of the newspaper article I read whenever it was first announced. At the time, I thought, Duh! And knew the mother was involved .

It seems like the Caylee case wasn't that easy to prove. So with the incredible Duh! factor, maybe LE does know exactly who has done Somer, but needs more evidence in order to arrest.

I can't believe that there isn't more local info. I know where I live, a few phone calls, and I would know plenty of information. I mean, people who know something , who know someone, who then one talks to.

Why aren't more locals saying something? Anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME