FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I misses it, but, were dogs brought in and could they track her scent? thanks, P

I remember hearing they had dogs and they were going to search some wooded area (thus, they were asking volunteers not to search there because it could throw off the scent) but I don't remember hearing if anything came out of that search or if they were able to pick up her scent.

I am trying to catch up..so if anyone can help.

During The Today Show interview the mom stated that the walk from school to home was about 1 mile. Does anyone know how far she was from home when last seen, and has videos or pic's of the area she was last seen been made public? TIA

Trying to tweet about Somer but some SOB started UNTRUE rumor that Kanye West died and twitter is going nuts. Everyone, if you're in Maine, Seattle, or Mexico or Canada etc, please download and print and post the fliers for Somer. It's been 48 hours and she could literally be anywhere in this country or our neighboring ones. Put them up in truck stops and gas stations along interstates, convenience stores, anywhere you can. Let's do what we can to bring Somer back to her mom.

I cannot believe that we are again looking for a missing girl in Florida. This is so sad. The Mom's ms says she's a nursing student. I can only imagine what she is going through at this time. Makes me want to reach out and hug her. I pray they find little Somer soon.

I hope she is found safe very soon. Has Kid Finders entered the picture yet?
Or the Anthonys?

I am trying to catch up..so if anyone can help.

During The Today Show interview the mom stated that the walk from school to home was about 1 mile. Does anyone know how far she was from home when last seen, and has videos or pic's of the area she was last seen been made public? TIA
Momtective posted some great pics - post #398.

Trying to tweet about Somer but some SOB started UNTRUE rumor that Kanye West died and twitter is going nuts. Everyone, if you're in Maine, Seattle, or Mexico or Canada etc, please download and print and post the fliers for Somer. It's been 48 hours and she could literally be anywhere in this country or our neighboring ones. Put them up in truck stops and gas stations along interstates, convenience stores, anywhere you can. Let's do what we can to bring Somer back to her mom.

Central MI area will be lousy with fliers if she is still missing tomorrow. I guarantee it.

Not sure if this was mentioned ( taking care of 2 kids with H1N1) but www.foxnews.com article said that the 1 woman/2men car that was earlier mentioned, they have been checked out and they stopped to see if that 10yr old was ok as well, she was crying and they thought she fell off her bike. Again, sorry if this was mentioned already.

2 doors down doesn't sound too far, most important though is to talk to your children everyday about the danger that might be waiting at the end of your driveway. My daughter is 11 and she carries a cell phone whenever she goes anywhere. We have a code word that people must use, even people in our own family, if they say she needs to go with them. All four of my children know to request that specific word of someone who says they are acting on mine or their dads behalf. I have even gone so far as to test my kids to see if they ask for the word!

Thats exactly what i do with all 4 of my kids too and even my three year old knows what to do and the password. Helps when you drill into as early as possible. This is a great step everyone can take to protect kids. My kids will not even come near you if you do not tell them the password right off the bat. I hope Somer is found soon and I am very moved by the amount of people that is being reported to show up to help. I dont think I have ever seen that many people in Orange Park if it was not for some public gathering or something. Nice to know there are that many people around there who still care!

Not sure if this was mentioned ( taking care of 2 kids with H1N1) but www.foxnews.com article said that the 1 woman/2men car that was earlier mentioned, they have been checked out and they stopped to see if that 10yr old was ok as well, she was crying and they thought she fell off her bike. Again, sorry if this was mentioned already.
That conflicts with what was reported by the witness and 5 year olds mom.
"The lady was trying to lure my daughter in, saying, 'Your mother told me for you to get in the car so I can take you home,' " Boothroyd said. "My daughter said no. This other lady saw everything happen. She said [those in the SUV] instantly drove off."

Pollitt told Kaylee to go home as she followed.

"My daughter was hysterical. The lady was almost crying herself. She said your daughter would have gotten kidnapped the way the lady was trying to get her in the car," Boothroyd said.

Snipped from: http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...t_of_sight_after_orange_park_abduction_attemp

I take Faux news with a huge grain of salt anyways.
Hope the kiddos are okay!

lol....my sons are now 30, 28 and 25...they still remember our password.

I thought the little girl was 5 ??

I just want to say just because that LE said no connect...don't mean there not.

Why would the people in the blue car come forward if they were guilty of something? Doesn't sound like the lady who reported the incident got the license plate #. If they were attempting to kidnap a child, wouldn't they have booked it out of town when it was reported that LE was looking for them?

Yeah, she is. I sure wish reporters now days would actually take journalism and English classes. Sigh. :(

I agree and if they did...we might get some real facts and find some missing children.:banghead:

Any idea on if they are searching landfill based on evidence or tips or just because they've looked everywhere else close to the home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopE