FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This statement seems important:
"She put her hair in a ponytail with a red bow, Thompson said, and told her to try to make it through the day when Somer complained of not feeling well. Thompson said she could not remember if she told her daughter she loved her."
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=146985&catid=3

This is the first time I have seen or heard this. Is it possible, she ran ahead and curled up with a fever somewhere and fell asleep. If she was starting to come down with something and had a fever, that would certainly affect her reasoning abilities, and ability to come home on her own. This actually gives me hope.

That stood out to me too. Hopefully they have talked with her teacher for any info as to whether Somer acted normal or seemed "under the weather" that day.

My youngest is 7 - born 4-24-02 - so close to Somer's bday. This is so scary. I let my child walk to our neighbor's house but it's only 2 doors down and I watch her. I do let my 12 and 13 year old walk around our neighborhood. Maybe I shouldn't!

2 doors down doesn't sound too far, most important though is to talk to your children everyday about the danger that might be waiting at the end of your driveway. My daughter is 11 and she carries a cell phone whenever she goes anywhere. We have a code word that people must use, even people in our own family, if they say she needs to go with them. All four of my children know to request that specific word of someone who says they are acting on mine or their dads behalf. I have even gone so far as to test my kids to see if they ask for the word!

Thanks Momtective for the pictures of her neighborhood. Helps put things in perspective. The area reminds me of where I live. It looks "safe". Lots of houses around - and no one ever sees anything when these children disappear!

"She put her hair in a ponytail with a red bow, Thompson said, and told her to try to make it through the day when Somer complained of not feeling well. Thompson said she could not remember if she told her daughter she loved her."
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=146985&catid=3

This is the first time I have seen or heard this. Is it possible, she ran ahead and curled up with a fever somewhere and fell asleep. If she was starting to come down with something and had a fever, that would certainly affect her reasoning abilities, and ability to come home on her own. This actually gives me hope.

That is awful and breaks my heart.

ugh my heart fell when I read they are searching the landfill.

I know she could have hidden somewhere because she had that fight with the other kids and hid behind a bush and fell asleep. But its been so long now, but that was my first thought to.

Praying for her safe return.

Where could she be.:angel:

Ive resigned myself to the fact that no place is safe, her mom said she didn't know a stranger, that tells me she could have gotten in a car with anyone, I feel someone saw a chance to snatch this child and took it, child by herself, no one around, they were still very brave, someone could have been looking out a window

Here is an explanation of the landfill situation. There are actually two landfills (so that explains the conflicting reports) being searched. One is a temporary stop before the final resting place for the garbage. Why can't all the news agencies get the facts straight? So confusing.

"Mary Justino, a spokeswoman for the Clay County Sheriff's Office, said officials are searching the Rosemary Hill landfill near Green Cove Springs and the Chesser Island Landfill in Folkston, Ga.

Trash from the neighborhood where Somer's family lived is taken to Rosemary Hill, then transferred to the Georgia landfill."

http://jacksonville.com/community/my_clay_sun/2009-10-21/story/clay_county_investigators_searching_two_landfills_in_somer_th

GMTA? Lol I just called the FL landfill,and the woman I spoke to was wonderful and helpful. She really cares about Somer and she was putting fliers out yesterday. The community has been wonderful in this case! They had a canine unit there yesterday, but no cadaver dogs yet.

I heard the Mother mention her boyfriend?Who is he? does he live with them?

Watching that video link of Somer's mom has torn my heart out of my chest!

There is no doubt in my mind that THIS mom is truly grieving!!!

We need to FIND SOMER!

That's exactly what I thought!!! It broke my heart to watch her!

I'm overboard on safety, I know it, I'm proud of it.
My three year old is in Early Intervention, so he attends half day school. I asked his classroom aide if I could have her full name, maiden as well. For a background check. I did the same with hi bus driver, teacher, bus attendant and speech therapist.

If they don't like it, oh well, he's my child and I deserve to know any past civil or criminal history of anyone spending three hours a day with my child while not under my direct supervision.

TAMPA - When Judy Cornett hears the words "missing child" on the news, she takes it personally.
"In 1992, my son was taken by a sexual predator in Town 'n Country, along with his best friend," she said.
Her son Jason was abducted, brutally raped and left for dead when he was only 11 years old. He survived the ordeal, but neither Jason nor his mother has let go.
News of Somer Thompson's disappearance hits close to home, and so does word that investigators interviewed about 75 known sex offenders in the area.
Cornett is a local advocate and the founder of Safety Zone Advocacy, a group that pushes for more accountability for sexual offenders.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/ne...dvocate_hopes_for_missing_girls_return_102109

Maz

:cow:

Okay, I'm taking a break... you know it's time when you realize you've TWICE lived within walking distance of someone you are researching. Gah!

Sean Patton, and yes he lives there:)

He might not have been living there for too long, it looks like from the Whois for his website he verified his address as that of his ex-wife's in April 2008.

I'm overboard on safety, I know it, I'm proud of it.
My three year old is in Early Intervention, so he attends half day school. I asked his classroom aide if I could have her full name, maiden as well. For a background check. I did the same with hi bus driver, teacher, bus attendant and speech therapist.

If they don't like it, oh well, he's my child and I deserve to know any past civil or criminal history of anyone spending three hours a day with my child while not under my direct supervision.

DAYUM STRAIGHT! Love it!

TAMPA - When Judy Cornett hears the words "missing child" on the news, she takes it personally.
"In 1992, my son was taken by a sexual predator in Town 'n Country, along with his best friend," she said.
Her son Jason was abducted, brutally raped and left for dead when he was only 11 years old. He survived the ordeal, but neither Jason nor his mother has let go.
News of Somer Thompson's disappearance hits close to home, and so does word that investigators interviewed about 75 known sex offenders in the area.
Cornett is a local advocate and the founder of Safety Zone Advocacy, a group that pushes for more accountability for sexual offenders.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/ne...dvocate_hopes_for_missing_girls_return_102109

Maz

Thats a very good artical, god bless her and her son and her mission:)

Thats a very good artical, god bless her and her son and her mission:)
I agree...all it takes is one person to make a statement and stand up for something.

I applaud her for what she is doing.

Maz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads