FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That conflicts with what was reported by the witness and 5 year olds mom.
"The lady was trying to lure my daughter in, saying, 'Your mother told me for you to get in the car so I can take you home,' " Boothroyd said. "My daughter said no. This other lady saw everything happen. She said [those in the SUV] instantly drove off."

Pollitt told Kaylee to go home as she followed.

"My daughter was hysterical. The lady was almost crying herself. She said your daughter would have gotten kidnapped the way the lady was trying to get her in the car," Boothroyd said.

Snipped from: http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...t_of_sight_after_orange_park_abduction_attemp

I take Faux news with a huge grain of salt anyways.
Hope the kiddos are okay!
This sounds like a misunderstanding. I'm wondering if the little girl did indeed fall off her bike and the woman pulled over to see if she was ok and asked if she wanted a ride home. The little girl already frightened by falling off bike and nearly being hit by Ms. Pollitt (per her own words in video) not to mention she knew she was somewhere she wasn't supposed to be...got scared when offered a ride home. Then is approached by Ms. Pollitt who asks her "do you know those people?" and "what did they say to you", child replies they asked her to get into car (paraphrased) Upon reaching home her mother is told what happened by Ms. Pollitt and mother questions 5yr old child asking "did they try to get you into the car?" could easily have thought it was an abduction attempt when in reality it was just a woman trying to help a little girl.

ETA: I can see how easily the mother could have misinterpreted the information or added what she assumed had been said.
Maz

:cow:

This sounds like a misunderstanding. I'm wondering if the little girl did indeed fall off her bike and the woman pulled over to see if she was ok and asked if she wanted a ride home. The little girl already frightened by falling off bike and nearly being hit by Ms. Pollitt (per her own words in video) not to mention she knew she was somewhere she wasn't supposed to be...got scared when offered a ride home. Then is approached by Ms. Pollitt who asks her "do you know those people?" and "what did they say to you", child replies they asked her to get into car (paraphrased) Upon reaching home her mother is told what happened by Ms. Pollitt and mother questions 5yr old child asking "did they try to get you into the car?" could easily have thought it was an abduction attempt when in reality it was just a woman trying to help a little girl.

Maz

Could be. Depends on whether she said YOUR MOTHER TOLD me to take you home. Also, if they sped off when another person approached. Kinda sounds like they read the newsreports and turned themselves in to clear up the situation - maybe it wasn't an abduction attempt. Or the police are trying to act like they believe them and they just aren't telling us.:)

When every parent realizes that the world is not safe and constant supervision, GPS monitoring, and constant rechecking of the sex offender registries are good things. When it becomes socially accepted that it is better to scare your child with the realities of life than to have them feel falsely secure in a world full of people that will hurt them.
MOO.

It seems all the GPS, registering of SO is not working. For me, anyone who does this should never be let out of jail. They are NOT fit to live among the rest of us.

Fox reported it correctly....5 year old

I don't know about this women...You have a missing child in the next county
over and you got a couple of attempt abductions in Orlando.... no LP no outcry to the neighbors and Sheriff office. :waitasec:

how does le know that the people in the blue car that stopped the 5 year old weren't just lieing saying they wanted to make sure she wasn't hurt?
that's a far stretch from the 5 year old saying they were trying to get her in the car saying her mom told them to take her home.

""The lady was trying to lure my daughter in, saying, 'Your mother told me for you to get in the car so I can take you home,' " Boothroyd said. "My daughter said no. This other lady saw everything happen. She said [those in the SUV] instantly drove off."

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...t_of_sight_after_orange_park_abduction_attemp

To be fair, if you go to the Fox News link above, the report does say 5 year old, not a 10 year old. The incident occurred on Oct. 10. Fox reported it correctly.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,568811,00.html?test=latestnews

Forgot to put the link
Ty for the link and being fair and balanced lol. But Fox is still reporting the pink skull backpack, which we now believe to be a Hanna Montana one. ;) I still am not convinced that those people stopped for the same reason as Shannon P, since there is a huge difference between, "Are you okay?" and "Your mom told us to get you." Shannon would not have gone to LE if she had good vibes about those people. IIRC, and don't quote me on this, the kid fell off the bike in her panic to get away from those pple?

Could be. Depends on whether she said YOUR MOTHER TOLD me to take you home. Also, if they sped off when another person approached. Kinda sounds like they read the newsreports and turned themselves in to clear up the situation - maybe it wasn't an abduction attempt. Or the police are trying to act like they believe them and they just aren't telling us.:)
At the age of five, I think it would be very easy to get confused about what was actually said to her. The reports I read indicated the car drove away normally not sped off.

At this point it sounds like a misunderstanding to me.

Maz

2 doors down doesn't sound too far, most important though is to talk to your children everyday about the danger that might be waiting at the end of your driveway. My daughter is 11 and she carries a cell phone whenever she goes anywhere. We have a code word that people must use, even people in our own family, if they say she needs to go with them. All four of my children know to request that specific word of someone who says they are acting on mine or their dads behalf. I have even gone so far as to test my kids to see if they ask for the word!

I think of Sandra Cantu only going a few doors down ... :(

I'm confidant that LE wouldn't just take these people's word for what happened. Probably investigating them, thoroughly.

How far away from the 5 yr. olds home did this incident happen?

Ty for the link and being fair and balanced lol. But Fox is still reporting the pink skull backpack, which we now believe to be a Hanna Montana one. ;) I still am not convinced that those people stopped for the same reason as Shannon P, since there is a huge difference between, "Are you okay?" and "Your mom told us to get you." Shannon would not have gone to LE if she had good vibes about those people. IIRC, and don't quote me on this, the kid fell off the bike in her panic to get away from those pple?
I'm not positive but I thought it was reported the little girl had fallen off her bike, the car pulled over and interaction began, Ms. Pollitt saw this as she nearly hit the little girl with her own car, she then pulled over and ran across the street because the child was crying and yelling no after falling off her bike a second time and asked if she knew the occupants of the blue car.

In the short amount of time that this occurred I find it very hard to believe the little girl would actually be able to quote the phrase "Your mother told me for you to get in the car so I can take you home" so precisely.

JMO

Maz

Does anyone here do well with Google Earth and can look up the cross-streets I posted where Somer was last seen?

I wonder if there was a curve, corner or bend where Somer was out of the sightline of the other children?

It's Patton, and to save some time for those not yet caught up, we believe this is his website:
http://www.indigo-healing.net/Home_Page.html

got to reading some of the info on this website. If this is the right Sean, I find one article in particular to be of interest. Look under the heading for "What is Indigo", the 4th and 5th paragraph. I remember that the baby sitter said that Somer was headstrong. You don't think there is a connection do you????

Does anyone here do well with Google Earth and can look up the cross-streets I posted where Somer was last seen?

I wonder if there was a curve, corner or bend where Somer was out of the sightline of the other children?
I've been wondering about that too. Did she make a turn and that is why the others could no longer see her?

If so, it is reasonable that she could have been snatched right under their very noses before they made the turn themselves. :frown:

Maz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member