FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think the media coverage of this case...or lack of...is really strange. We see DT interviewed, but so what?? We're not learning anything from that. We hear about the fundraisers, but why aren't people close to the family being interviewed? When Somer was still missing we heard from a few locals, but that's it. Nothing much AT ALL since her body was found. What about neighbors? Friends? Exes? Anybody?? Even NG is doing her usual digging around. I know I've asked this before, but this is just too weird to me. No other cases are like this. It's like LE has put a gag on everybody. Is it just me or isn't this really strange???

I think it is really strange..... its all really strange...

unless they already have the perp and we dont know it

I hope daily that this is true and we are being impatient...that evidence is mounting and not all is in yet..justice for somer

It might also depend on if the glass was little pieces or big pieces. Workers removing windows wouldn't shatter them, they take them out in as large a pieces as possible. They might get shattered in the dumpster and trash process though.

Yes, I agree - and even if big pieces were crushed in the compacter, there would still be noticeable differences between ordinary glass used for windowpanes and automotive glass.

Windowpane glass is made up of a single layer.

Automotive glass is several fused layers, and even when it crumbles, you can see the layers.

It must be home glass since construction materials was also found. If soot was also found on the body, then it may be from a burnt house or building.

I think it is really strange..... its all really strange...

unless they already have the perp and we dont know it

I hope daily that this is true and we are being impatient...that evidence is mounting and not all is in yet..justice for somer

Actually, following numerous missing cases LE is normally tight-lipped. Although I agree with a poster earlier usually they reassure the community if they think there is no threat & they have been eerily silent on this. As far as interviews of family & friends I do agree this is unusual. Not sure if the local papers there have investigative reporters or if they do are they good lol, but it maybe the neighbors just don't want to make statements. Very hard to read this I agree & frustrating!

Ive been catching up.. and thinking outloud.. LE must know where she came from or they would be asking for help in determining which dumpster it was and they havent..does anyone have proof that it was a construction dumpster? The proof of this to me is that I asked "someone" at the funeral home (because ST wanted to see her and this person tearfully asked him not to.. to keep his memory of her) later, in private, if this was because she was crushed when disposed in the trash before going to the dump.. he told me no, she was not crushed in that manner. from experience with renting a const dumpster, they are emptied into a truck and not crushed down like regular trash. so if she was put in a constrution dumpster anywhere and taken to the dump by truck, wouldnt all the trash on or around her be glass and contruction debris?

Wow....

Just snooping around at Clay County Parcels....

Had a look at the DWK foreclosure address....there is a BUSINESS that happens to be a BUILDER registered to the adjoining property - think they might have a dumpster with discarded windows from previous jobs?

Sorry if this is already been covered....just catching up.

ETA: not sure when commercial garbage pick up is in Grove Cove Springs....

Ive been catching up.. and thinking outloud.. LE must know where she came from or they would be asking for help in determining which dumpster it was and they havent..does anyone have proof that it was a construction dumpster? The proof of this to me is that I asked "someone" at the funeral home (because ST wanted to see her and this person tearfully asked him not to.. to keep his memory of her) later, in private, if this was because she was crushed when disposed in the trash before going to the dump.. he told me no, she was not crushed in that manner. from experience with renting a const dumpster, they are emptied into a truck and not crushed down like regular trash. so if she was put in a constrution dumpster anywhere and taken to the dump by truck, wouldnt all the trash on or around her be glass and contruction debris?

I really don't want to say what I'm about to say, but if Somer was really injured facially that tells me it is much more of a personal attack, as in someone who knew her :( Do you think they meant she was injured in that way? I'm very sorry, I don't know how else to ask it. :(

DWK as in the brother of WLK.

I wonder whether all the garbage was construction type or whether there was also household type garbage.

If there was business-related trash, they'd be able to connect it to the business too.

snipped & bbm

Sounds like they're trying to piece together complicated items of evidence, and might be developing a scenario, but need more lab results and concrete evidence to tie it all together before they can name a suspect and forward their findings to the D.A.

On the other hand, if they didn't have a clue, this is exactly what I would expect them to put out there.
Sorry to be such a downer-that's not usually how I am.

Wow....

Just snooping around at Clay County Parcels....

Had a look at the DWK foreclosure address....there is a BUSINESS that happens to be a BUILDER registered to the adjoining property - think they might have a dumpster with discarded windows from previous jobs?

Sorry if this is already been covered....just catching up.

ETA: not sure when commercial garbage pick up is in Grove Cove Springs....
:nerves:

If she was in a construction dumpster, how did she end up in the residential garbage that was followed to the landfill to GA? It was determined that construction debris is disposed of by private contractors - not by the municipal garbage collectors.

This new bit of info about the glass & construction materials has really thrown a wrench in the works!

At any rate, I'm glad to hear that the person at the funeral home doesn't believe her poor little body was crushed by a garbage compactor. I hated to think that.

Is anyone else leaning towards a perp who is a minor?

I hate to say this too, but I thought the trucks that picked up the garbage were the compactor type.

DWK as in the brother of WLK.

I wonder whether all the garbage was construction type or whether there was also household type garbage.

YES, that DWK - just trying to get a visual through Bing and Google streetview...

There is the possibility that the workers at the Gano house dumped some of their materials in the OPAA dumpster across the street. The dumpster in front of the Gano house did look full. If Somer was in the park dumpster...LE used the park for a staging area I believe, it would be incredible to think that she was right there and they didn't realize it.

I thought the DWK house was in Green Cove Springs. Is that the right place or am I combining names?

Would that be considered Somer's neighborhood? (As in LE saying they followed garbage trucks from her neighborhood ...)

If she was in a construction dumpster, how did she end up in the residential garbage that was followed to the landfill to GA? It was determined that construction debris is disposed of by private contractors - not by the municipal garbage collectors.

This new bit of info about the glass & construction materials has really thrown a wrench in the works!

At any rate, I'm glad to hear that the person at the funeral home doesn't believe her poor little body was crushed by a garbage compactor. I hated to think that.

I don't think she was put in a commercial construction dumpster either because of the reason you cited. But some small scale contractors/handy man types (particularly if they're near an apartment complex or other common dumpster) will throw their construction debris in someone else's dumpster to keep from having to rent their own construction dumpster.

I thought the regular home trash pickup also picked up "construction trash" although there were limits of the size of the containers.

Does anyone else remember this? I'll go search my trash talk section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member