FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you scared me because if you are the person who claims to know what Somer's body looked like and what she was covered in, you know more than her Mother and her own family. Why is that?

I was referring to an earlier post (in another thread) made by a member here who said that "a relative of a friend" or "a friend of a friend" had info about the victim's body being found "covered with glass & construction material".

The veracity of this info has never been confirmed.

Reading of past threads is usually helpful, in order to know what the current topic of conversation is.

Typing while listening. It may not be exact.
(hope this helps those who can't/won't watch the video)
NOTE: This was edited in the hopes of eliminating confusion about what CCSO Investigator Bruce Owens says (see my note within transcript).

REPORTER: Tell me why you came up with that -- this idea. Where did it come from? To go searching the landfill

OWENS:
It's not my idea; its an investigative process that has already been established with the Child Abduction Response Team. The Child Abduction Response Team had not been implemented at the time that I made the suggestion, so I just asked for it to be ... asked the Sheriff if he would place it in effect a little earlier.

REPORTER: What happened on Tuesday? You said you woke up and something went through your mind?

OWENS: Well, I've been in Investigations for a long time so when I woke up and was going to work, I realized they had not found her, so um at that time you have to start thinking at different avenues. Obviously, a small child is not going to wander far from her home. And, uh, there was, you have to -- it's terrible to say -- but you have to think about the worst, and when you think about the worst, then you think about what evidence you can collect to solve the case.

REPORTER: How did you go about finding this landfill? What did you do? Did you follow the trucks?

OWENS: Um, I didn't follow the trucks, but the Sheriff had implemented uh several officers -- Sgt. Matt Williams and Detective Dewes (sp?) and Detective -- um, I apologise ... the other detectives name is (are we live) ...

REPORTER: No.

OWENS:
Good.

REPORTER: No, no, no. That's okay. Tell me about how you got there and what you did when you got there. You separated the trucks ... you say you isolated them.

OWENS: Yeah because they didn't want them to dump them into the main landfill. They wanted to separate them so they could search them outside other garbage by different areas.

REPORTER: What did they do then? Did they go piece by piece? And they found pieces of her clothing scattered about?

OWENS: Yes. They have to hand search everything and they walk through the debris and the rubble.

NoWay's note: It is my opinion that the "Yes" from Owens is in response to "Did they go piece by piece?" and IS NOT IN RESPONSE TO "And they found pieces of her clothing scattered about?"

REPORTER: Okay.

OWENS: Yes. It's not a pleasant process.

REPORTER: Were you there?

OWENS: No.

REPORTER: You weren't there. Do you use cadaver dogs at all?

OWENS: Yes we do. I don't think anyone had brought any out because at that time we didn't have any reason to think she was deceased or anything. But -- later on, if we wouldn't have started the search process, then that would have a normal process is to bring the cadaver dogs to help with the search.

REPORTER: Okay. I appreciate it, sir.

OWENS: You're very welcome.

REPORTER:
Thank you very much.

I was referring to an earlier post (in another thread) made by a member here who said that "a relative of a friend" or "a friend of a friend" had info about the victim's body being found "covered with glass & construction material".

The veracity of this info has never been confirmed.

Reading of past threads is usually helpful, in order to know what the current topic of conversation is.

Actually this person you are repeating said they were a friend of a friend, once removed, who got this info from the Mother, and that is not true. Now you know.

Stickman's eyes are too close together to be CWG ... imo anyway.

Snoopyone, there has been information posted in this thread and the last one (?) that lead to Sorrell Skye's post.

Oh the eyes are the same....those droopy eyes....I need to go find the news clip and watch it again.....

The eyes are identical to me - looks like he's put on a light of weight... when was the pic on the left taken?

where is GrannyL?? She saw the stickman up close with me that day.....I would love her opinion on this.....

I agree about the clothes. I think Owens wasn't answering yes to the pieces of clothes.

btw, I have edited since you copied that if you want to replace the text in your quote with the updated version. (but I think it was just formatting that I changed after this)

Typing while listening. It may not be exact.
(hope this helps those who can't/won't watch the video)

REPORTER: Tell me why you came up with that -- this idea. Where did it come from? To go searching the landfill

OWENS:
It's not my idea; its an investigative process that has already been established with the Child Abduction Response Team. The Child Abduction Response Team had not been implemented at the time that I made the suggestion, so I just asked for it to be ... asked the Sheriff if he would place it in effect a little earlier.

REPORTER: What happened on Tuesday? You said you woke up and something went through your mind?

OWENS: Well, I've been in Investigations for a long time so when I woke up and was going to work, I realized they had not found her, so um at that time you have to start thinking at different avenues. Obviously, a small child is not going to wander far from her home. And, uh, there was, you have to -- it's terrible to say -- but you have to think about the worst, and when you think about the worst, then you think about what evidence you can collect to solve the case.

REPORTER: How did you go about finding this landfill? What did you do? Did you follow the trucks?

OWENS: Um, I didn't follow the trucks, but the Sheriff had implemented uh several officers -- Sgt. Matt Williams and Detective Dewes (sp?) and Detective -- um, I apologise ... the other detectives name is (are we live) ...

REPORTER: No.

OWENS:
Good.

REPORTER: No, no, no. That's okay. Tell me about how you got there and what you did when you got there. You separated the trucks ... you say you isolated them.

OWENS: Yeah because they didn't want them to dump them into the main landfill. They wanted to separate them so they could search them outside other garbage by different areas.

REPORTER: What did they do then? Did they go piece by piece and they found pieces of her clothing scattered about?

OWENS: Yes. They have to hand search everything and they walk through the debris and the rubble.

REPORTER: Okay.

OWENS: Yes. It's not a pleasant process.

REPORTER: Were you there?

OWENS: No.

REPORTER: You weren't there. Do you use cadaver dogs at all?

OWENS: Yes we do. I don't think anyone had brought any out because at that time we didn't have any reason to think she was deceased or anything. But -- later on, if we wouldn't have started the search process, then that would have a normal process is to bring the cadaver dogs to help with the search.

REPORTER: Okay. I appreciate it, sir.

OWENS: You're very welcome.

REPORTER:
Thank you very much.

Okay here the revised one

I am off my 3 vacation (time out) and would like contribute to this forum if thats okay

1) I found a video of Bruce Owens talking about following the trucks and why
http://www.wftv.com/video/21392922/index.html

2) I have found on the police report that person #8 & 9 and #11 (address only) plus # 1 (has ties thru marriage) all in the same neighborhod.

I rewatched a few video too and have a few questions

1)why did the sheriff call DT to tell her it was Somer's body "it was the hardest call I have had to make" why did he not do it in Person?

2) From what I can tell PC came home at the exact time DT flags down officer .. I'm i reading to much into that time line

8 = AHG II
9= TY
1 = CGG
11 = CWG

Since the numbering is a little jiggy I just want to make sure we are on the same page with that before I ask you questions.

Good point about the Sheriff. Telling someone their child was found in the landfill should have been a face-to-facer.

I'm not sure what time Diena flagged down A. Coan, but they then went to the house and at some point he calls CD Hickey to the scene, and CD's report is filed at 17:06.

I was under the impression that it was about 4:45 when she flagged him down but I don't know why that's in my head. I've tried to find something that narrows down the time but there's nothing official that I can find.

I agree about the clothes. I think Owens wasn't answering yes to the pieces of clothes.

btw, I have edited since you copied that if you want to replace the text in your quote with the updated version. (but I think it was just formatting that I changed after this)
I agree.. I dont think he was responding to "pieces of clothing remark"..

Im trying to catch up and jumping in and out, but i have distractions :) Not ignoring anyone..

Try have a three year old climb on your head and you'll know distractions! LOL

where is GrannyL?? She saw the stickman up close with me that day.....I would love her opinion on this.....

I don't think stickman and RSO are the same guy. Look to be a good 15 years apart at least in age to me, jmo.

So her clothes were scattered about per Bruce Owens; that means she was not fully clothed, as the article in the link I posted last page. I think it is safe to assume this could be considered a fact since it came from Detective Owens, don't you? Maybe he let it slip by mistake...

8 = TY
9 = SC (school principal)
1 = CGG
11 = CWG

Since the numbering is a little jiggy I just want to make sure we are on the same page with that before I ask you questions.

Good point about the Sheriff. Telling someone their child was found in the landfill should have been a face-to-facer.

I'm not sure what time Diena flagged down A. Coan, but they then went to the house and at some point he calls CD Hickey to the scene, and CD's report is filed at 17:06.

I was under the impression that it was about 4:45 when she flagged him down but I don't know why that's in my head. I've tried to find something that narrows down the time but there's nothing official that I can find.

No
8 & 9 live together TY and GAH
10 No nothing to do with with neighborhood
11 is the adress only not the name of the person that I am looking at

so 8&9 live on other side of town near to the the # 11 address
#1 GCG has an ex down the street from the 325 willow green address

Hope that made sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online